SPICED CRANBERRY SAUCE
While this spicy cranberry sauce is simmering, the wonderful fragrance of the spices brings back happy memories of when my mother made it for the holidays. My husband and three sons are glad I'm carrying on her tradition! -Allison Thompson, Lansing Michigan
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 2 cups.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until the berries pop and mixture is thickened, about 30 minutes. Cool. Transfer to a serving bowl; cover and refrigerate until chilled.
Nutrition Facts :
SPICED CRANBERRY-ORANGE MOLD
This gorgeous, aromatic Spiced Cranberry-Orange Mold holds its own on the dessert table-tart, sweet, yummy and a Healthy Living choice to boot!
Provided by My Food and Family
Categories Superfood Recipes
Yield Makes 12 servings, 1/2 cup each
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Add boiling water to gelatin mix in large bowl; stir 2 min. until completely dissolved. stir in next 5 ingredients. Refrigerate 1-1/2 hours or until thickened.
- Stir in oranges and nuts. Spoon into 6-cup mold sprayed with cooking spray.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or until firm. Unmold.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 160, Fat 3 g, SaturatedFat 0 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 70 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 3 g
SPICED CRANBERRY-ORANGE RELISH
- Wash cranberries and combine in heavy saucepan with sugar, water and orange juice. Bring to boil over high heat; reduce heat and cook at gentle boil until cranberries begin to pop.
- Remove from heat and stir in cherries and Grand Marnier. Chill, for up to a week.
- When ready to serve, stir in pecans.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 136, UnsaturatedFat 5 grams, Carbohydrate 20 grams, Fat 5 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 1 gram, SaturatedFat 0 grams, Sodium 2 milligrams, Sugar 16 grams
SPICY JALAPENO CRANBERRY SAUCE
Spicy Jalapeno Cranberry Sauce is sweet and spicy, adding an exciting relish for any meal, especially Thanksgiving and Christmas. The sauce cooks in 15 minutes and will be fully thickened after full cooling. May be made the day before using.Yield: 2 1/2 cups
Provided by Toni Dash
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a large saucepan combine the jalapeno peppers, salt, sugars, orange juice, water and orange zest. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and add the cranberries.
- Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring periodically (cranberries will pop while cooking). Remove from heat and cool to room temperature. Transfer to a sealed container and fully chill. NOTE: the sauce will thicken as it cools.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 146 kcal, Carbohydrate 37 g, Sodium 172 mg, Fiber 2 g, Sugar 33 g, ServingSize 1 serving
SPICY & ORANGE CRANBERRY SAUCE
This recipe is from my Uncle George, the best dentist in Warwick! I don't know the origin before that. You may use fresh or frozen cranberries. This is delicious!
Provided by dogsandwoods
Yield 3 cups, 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Bring all ingredients to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer until berries burst (about 12-15 minutes).
- Cool, then refrigerate.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 192.6, Fat 0.1, Sodium 12.2, Carbohydrate 50.3, Fiber 2.9, Sugar 44.3, Protein 0.3
SPICED CRANBERRY SAUCE
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and simmer, covered, stirring occasionally for 5 to 10 minutes, or until the cranberries have burst and the mixture has thickened. (I put the cloves in a tea diffuser for easier removal and usually cook the sauce a little longer than the time given.).
- Transfer the sauce to a bowl and let cool.
- The sauce may be made 2 days in advance and kept covered and chilled.
- Serve at room temperature.
SPICY CRANBERRY RELISH
- Finely grate 1 teaspoon zest from lime, then squeeze enough juice to measure 2 tablespoons.
- Pulse cranberries with zest, juice, onion, sugar, and chile to taste in a food processor until finely chopped. Chill relish, covered, stirring occasionally, at least 2 hours (to allow flavors to develop) and up to 1 week.
SPICED CRANBERRY AND ORANGE RELISH
Categories Condiment/Spread Sauce Food Processor Fruit Ginger Side Christmas Thanksgiving Quick & Easy Cranberry Orange Fall Cinnamon Clove Gourmet Fat Free Kidney Friendly Vegan Vegetarian Pescatarian Dairy Free Wheat/Gluten-Free Peanut Free Tree Nut Free Soy Free Kosher
Yield Makes 8 to 12 servings (about 4 cups)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Bring sugar and water to a boil in a 1- to 1 1/2-quart heavy saucepan, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Reduce heat and simmer syrup, without stirring, washing down any sugar crystals on side of pan with a pastry brush dipped in cold water, 5 minutes.
- While syrup simmers, cut oranges, including peel and pith, into 1-inch pieces, discarding any seeds, and combine with cranberries, cinnamon, and cloves in a food processor.
- Add sugar syrup and pulse until fruit is finely chopped. Transfer relish to a bowl and stir in ginger. Chill, covered, 1 day for flavors to develop.
This recipe was in an email today from America's Test Kitchen. Just in time.... "A blend of sweet, tart, bitter, and spicy, this cranberry relish adds spark to the Thanksgiving spread as well as all manner of dishes beyond the holiday meal. When we made this relish, here's what we discovered: Test Kitchen Discoveries Add an orange--peel and all--for a deep citrus flavor and a mild bitterness to temper the relish's sweetness. Use the food processor to grind the ingredients together. Pulse the mixture to a coarse cornmeal texture so that it retains some bite."
Provided by senseicheryl
Categories Low Protein
Yield 2 cups, 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Pulse all ingredients in food processor until mixture resembles coarse meal. Refrigerate for 1 to 2 days for flavors to fully develop. Serve.
SPICY CRANBERRY ORANGE RELISH
Nice departure from the same-old, sickly sweet holiday relish. Warn your guests that this isn't the sweet stuff ...
Provided by NEPAfoodie
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Pulse cranberries in a food processor until coarsely chopped. Transfer to a bowl.
- Stir in onion, jalapeno, orange sections and juice, lime juice, ginger, sugar, and celery. Refrigerate 1 hour (up to 2 days).
- Before serving, stir in mint and pecans.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 138.8, Fat 3.4, SaturatedFat 0.3, Sodium 12, Carbohydrate 28.2, Fiber 3.4, Sugar 22.9, Protein 1.2
SPICED ORANGE CRANBERRY SAUCE
This recipe was graciously shared with me by a Jamaican friend, many years ago. It makes a delicious sauce, different from any other cranberry sauce I've ever tasted or made. It does not "gel" but you do want to cook it long enough to make a good, thick consistency. You can use 1 tablespoon of excellent quality ground cinnamon instead of the cinnamon stick, if you prefer. Originally submitted to ThanksgivingRecipe.com.
Provided by Barbara Yoder
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Place the cranberries, grated orange rind, cinnamon, orange juice, brown sugar and enough water to cover cranberries in a saucepan. Bring mixture to a boil over high heat. Immediately turn heat down and simmer for about 1 hour or until the sauce has thickened. Taste for sweetness and adjust with additional sugar if necessary. You can not overcook, so continue cooking until you have a good thick consistency. Let mixture cool a bit then refrigerate in a covered container.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 36.7 calories, Carbohydrate 9.4 g, Fiber 0.8 g, Protein 0.1 g, Sodium 2.5 mg, Sugar 7.9 g
SPICED CRANBERRY-ORANGE SAUCE WITH ZINFANDEL
Ruby red, rich and spicy cranberry sauce with a bright citrus note. A sophisticated blend of flavors! Goes equally well with roast turkey, beef, or ham. Make a batch at T.G., and freeze half for X'mas. Delicious! Note: I reduce the sugar to 3/4 cup of each, and use a tablespoonful of orange zest in place of the strip as we really enjoy the orange flavor. No need to strain the syrup, just scoop out the whole spices. Adapted from Bon Appetit, November 2001.
Provided by BecR2400
Yield 3 cups
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Combine all ingredients except cranberries in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Reduce heat and simmer until reduced to 1 3/4 cups, about 10 minutes. Strain syrup into a large saucepan.
- Add cranberries to syrup and cook over medium heat until berries burst, about 6 minutes. Cool. Transfer sauce to a medium bowl. Cover and refrigerate until cold. Can be made one week ahead and kept refrigerated. Freezes well.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 634.9, Fat 1, SaturatedFat 0.2, Sodium 27, Carbohydrate 136.2, Fiber 7.3, Sugar 118.7, Protein 0.9
More about "spiced cranberry and orange relish food"
SPICED CRANBERRY ORANGE SAUCE | ITALIAN FOOD FOREVER
Reviews 2Category SaucesServings 8Total Time 18 mins
- Bring the water, sugar, orange zest and spices to a boil in a saucepan over medium high heat and stir until the sugar has dissolved.
- Cook until at least 2/3 of the berries have popped open and the sauce has thickened, about 8 minutes.
SPICED CRANBERRY RELISH RECIPE -SUNSET MAGAZINE
4/5 (5)Total Time 15 minsServings 8-10Calories 58 per serving
- Heat oil in a small frying pan over high heat. Add mustard seeds and let most of them pop, about 2 minutes. Add turmeric and asafetida, swirling pan to coat. Carefully add curry leaves, watching for splattering. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Blend remaining ingredients in a food processor until smooth, adding up to 1/4 cup of water if it looks too thick.
- *Find in Indian grocery stores. You can use 4 or 5 dried curry leaves instead of fresh (don't use powder). If you can't find asafetida and curry leaves, relish won't have the same Indian flavor, but will still taste fresh and delicious.
SWEET AND SPICY CRANBERRY RELISH RECIPE - LEITE'S CULINARIA
5/5 (1)Category SidesCuisine AmericanTotal Time 2 hrs 30 mins
- Place the cranberries, 3/4 cup sugar, and half the lime juice and lime zest in a food processor and pulse just until the cranberries are somewhere between coarsely and finely chopped.
- Add the jalapeño and red onion and pulse just a few more times to combine. Taste and, if desired, add more sugar and/or the remaining lime juice and zest to taste. Let rest at room temperature until the sauce starts to get juicier as the sugar dissolves, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours and preferably up to 24 hours to allow the flavors to meld. Stir to recombine before serving. (To freeze the cranberry relish, place the relish in a resealable plastic bag and place it flat in the freezer. The cranberry relish will last 2 months in the freezer. To thaw, place in the fridge overnight or submerge the frozen bag of sauce in a bowl of cold water.)
SPICED CRANBERRY AND ORANGE RELISH RECIPE | SAINSBURY`S ...
4/5 (22)Total Time 1 hrCategory Sauce
CRANBERRY AND ORANGE RELISH | RECIPES | DELIA ONLINE
Cuisine GeneralEstimated Reading Time 1 minServings 8
20+ DELICIOUS CRANBERRY SAUCE RECIPES | SOUTHERN LIVING
SPICED ORANGE-CRANBERRY SAUCE RECIPE - EATINGWELL
Category Thanksgiving Cranberry Sauce RecipesCalories 66 per servingTotal Time 20 mins
- Place cloves, peppercorns, allspice and star anise in a tea ball or tie into a bundle in a piece of cheesecloth with kitchen string.
- Combine cranberries and wine in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat until the cranberries are soft, 6 to 8 minutes. Add the spice bundle, sugar and orange zest. Cook, stirring occasionally, the sauce starts to thicken, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove the spice bundle. Serve the sauce warm or chilled.
SPICED CRANBERRY & ORANGE COCKTAIL - ERREN'S KITCHEN
5/5 (2)Total Time 15 minsCategory CocktailsCalories 150 per serving
- Simmer cranberry sauce, orange juice, cranberry juice, and spices gently for 5-7 minutes, stirring regularly. Remove from heat and cool.
SPICED CRANBERRY SAUCE WITH ORANGE AND STAR ANISE RECIPE
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 30 minsServings 8Calories 97 per serving
- Add sachet and cook, stirring occasionally, until sugar melts and liquid begins to bubble, about 5 minutes.
EASY SPICED ORANGE CRANBERRY SAUCE (4 ... - BOWL OF DELICIOUS
5/5 (4)Total Time 15 minsCategory Side DishCalories 77 per serving
- Bring the orange juice (3/4 cup), brown sugar (1/2 cup packed), pinch of salt, and cinnamon (1/4 teaspoon) to a boil in a medium pot.
- Add the cranberries (and 1 tablespoon orange zest, if using), turn heat to medium-low, and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes, or until most of the cranberries have burst and the sauce has thickened. If some cranberries don't burst, you can use a potato masher or the back of a wooden spoon on the side of the pot to help them along.
- Allow sauce to completely cool (at least 20 minutes) before serving. Garnish with more orange zest if desired.
SPICED CRANBERRY ORANGE SAUCE | NORINE'S NEST
5/5 (1)Total Time 45 minsCategory Side DishesCalories 94 per serving
- In a medium sauce pan, over low heat, place all the above listed ingredients. Bring to a low boil, stirring occasionally. Allow to simmer for 35-45 minutes until berries have popped and sauce is thickened. (If you want it thicker you can mash the berries with a potato masher)
PERFECTING THANKSGIVING DINNER: BEST CRANBERRY SAUCE RECIPES
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
HOMEMADE SPICED CRANBERRY & ORANGE SAUCE - COOKING WITH ...
5/5 (1)Total Time 20 minsCategory SaucePublished 2021-11-22
ORANGE SPICED CRANBERRY SAUCE - LEMON TREE DWELLING
Reviews 7Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
SPICY CRANBERRY ORANGE RELISH | SOUTHERN LIVING
Total Time 4 hrs 10 mins
ESSENTIAL THANKSGIVING RECIPE: SPICED CRANBERRY SAUCE - KITCHN
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
ORANGE SPICED CRANBERRY SAUCE — THERE'S FOOD AT HOME
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
SPICED CRANBERRY AND ORANGE RELISH - GOOD HOUSEKEEPING
Servings 8Total Time 1 hr 35 minsEstimated Reading Time 4 mins
SPICED CRANBERRY & ORANGE RELISH - THE GILDED FORK™
Estimated Reading Time 50 secs
FRESH CRANBERRY RELISH RECIPES | HEALTH.COM
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
ORANGE-SPICE CRANBERRY SAUCE - EASY DIABETIC FRIENDLY ...
4/5 Category Diabetic Side Dish RecipesServings 16Calories 49 per serving
ORANGE-GINGER-SPICE CRANBERRY SAUCE - FLIPPED-OUT FOOD
5/5 (1)Total Time 25 minsCategory Condiment
SPICY CRANBERRY SAUCE RECIPE - THRIVING WITH LESS | FOODTALK
Servings 2.5Total Time 20 mins
SPICED CRANBERRY RUM SAUCE | THE IN FINE BALANCE FOOD BLOG
5/5 (1)Total Time 1 hr 15 minsCategory CondimentCalories 398 per serving
SPICED CRANBERRY ORANGE SAUCE - THE NOURISHING GOURMET
SPICED CRANBERRY AND ORANGE RELISH RECIPE BY CHEF RACHEL ...
SPICED CRANBERRY SAUCE - THE SPLENDID TABLE
SPICED ORANGE CRANBERRY SAUCE RECIPES
SPICED CRANBERRY ORANGE RELISH RECIPES
CRANBERRY SAUCE MADE WITH OJ - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
SPICY CRANBERRY ORANGE RELISH RECIPES
SPICED CRANBERRY AND ORANGE RELISH RECIPES
SPICED ORANGE CRANBERRY SAUCE - ZEVY JOY
HOMEMADE CRANBERRY ORANGE RELISH - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
ORANGE SPICED CRANBERRY SAUCE — CHARITY MORGAN
SPICED CRANBERRY SAUCE WITH ZINFANDEL RECIPES
You'll also love