Check out this homemade version of a miracle spice mixture that's a staple in Puerto Rican kitchens.
Provided by Von Diaz
Categories Spice Onion Garlic Puerto Rico Secret Weapon
Yield Makes 1/2 cup
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Combine all the ingredients in an airtight container, cover, and shake well to incorporate. It keeps indefinitely.
Goes great with Mexican food. I can't remember where I picked this recipe up, but originally I found it on the internet. Unfortunately, I didn't have the url on the printout I had laying around. Originally it called for 1 packet of Sazon seasoning, but I used dry Sazon instead. If you don't have that, you might try using some Mexican seasoning blend with perhaps a little bit of annato.
Provided by PalatablePastime
Categories Long Grain Rice
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for about 15-20 minutes or until water is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Allow to sit 5-10 minutes undisturbed, then remove lid and fluff rice with a fork before serving.
GINA'S MEXICAN RICE
Provided by Patrick and Gina Neely : Food Network
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat the oil a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and saute until tender and translucent. Add the rice, chicken broth and the sazon packet and stir until the rice is coated with the oil and toasted. Stir in the tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Reduce the heat to low and cover with a lid. Cook until the rice is tender and all of the liquid is absorbed, about 15 to 20 minutes. Remove the lid and fluff with fork. Gently fold in cilantro and transfer to a serving bowl.
SAZON GOYA BEANS AND RICE
Make and share this Sazon Goya Beans and Rice recipe from Food.com.
Provided by ksevksev
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Start the rice cooking if you want to serve it over rice.
- saute onions, garlic and peppers until tender in olive oil in a pan large enough to simmer all ingredients (about 5 minutes).
- Add everything else except cilantro and lime wedges and simmer for 8 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and serve with lime wedges.
This is a copycat version of sazon, which I always use in Puerto Rican dishes. Other versions of this recipe call for only paprika or turmeric. I find adding both achieves the reddish-orange color without affecting flavor. The salt in this recipe can be reduced or omitted as many dishes call for additional salt. I prefer to omit and just add salt as needed to dishes while I'm cooking. I hope you will enjoy it!
Provided by SZYQ1
Categories World Cuisine Recipes Latin American Caribbean
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Combine coriander, cumin, garlic powder, annatto, turmeric, black pepper, salt, and Mexican oregano in an air-tight container and mix well.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 12.3 calories, Carbohydrate 2.1 g, Fat 0.3 g, Fiber 0.9 g, Protein 0.5 g, Sodium 577.7 mg, Sugar 0.2 g
ARROZ CON GANDULES (PUERTO RICAN RICE WITH PIGEON PEAS)
Every step and ingredient adds something important to this recipe from the Puerto Rican-born chef and writer Reina Gascón-López. Annatto seeds steeped in oil give the rice its signature marigold hue. The banana leaf imparts a subtle tropical aroma to the rice as it cooks. Olives, ham, beer and peppers with their brine offer salt, fat, acid, umami and a bright pop of color. The sheer number of flavors layered into this dish make it a delight to unpack. The most exhilarating layer is the last one: pegao, the crisp, glassy shards of rice at the bottom of the pot. Gandules (pigeon peas) make this version of rice and beans distinctly Caribbean. Ms. Gascón-López prefers to start with dry gandules, which her family sometimes ships to her from Puerto Rico, then flavors the pot with some sofrito, a bay leaf or two and a smoked pork neck. If you have trouble finding dry pigeon peas, they are often labeled as toor at Indian grocery stores.
Provided by Samin Nosrat
Categories dinner, grains and rice, vegetables, main course
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 24
- Lay 1 banana leaf (or more, if needed) flat on a large cutting board, then set the lid of a large Dutch oven or similar pot on top. Use a paring knife to trace around the lid, and cut the leaf (or leaves) so that they will fit properly inside the pot. Cover with a clean dishcloth and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, cook the neutral oil and annatto seeds over medium heat, allowing the seeds to infuse the oil. After 2 to 3 minutes, when the oil begins to bubble and the seeds start to crackle, turn off the heat and allow the oil to cool completely. Pour the cool oil through a fine-mesh strainer, reserving seeds for another round of infusing, if desired.
- Make the sofrito: Use a food processor or high-speed blender to pulse the onion, red and green bell peppers, cubanelle pepper, garlic, cilantro, scallions, ají dulce peppers (if using) and culantro (if using), adding 1 to 2 tablespoons of water if needed to achieve a smooth, salsa-like consistency. Stir in 3/4 teaspoon sazón and set aside. (The sofrito makes about 2 cups. Refrigerate it for up to 5 days or portion it into ice cube trays or plastic containers, and freeze up to 6 months.)
- Set the large Dutch oven or similar pot over medium-high heat. Add 3 tablespoons annatto oil and the ham or fatback. Sauté until crisp and most of the fat has rendered, about 6 minutes. Add 1/4 cup sofrito, the olives and 1 tablespoon sazón, stirring until sofrito is fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Next, add pigeon peas and sauté for another 3 minutes. Season with adobo, salt and black pepper to taste.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add rice, stirring until grains are all coated, seasoned and starting to toast. If there isn't enough oil to generously coat all of the rice and peas in the pot, add the remaining tablespoon of annatto oil. This will help form a delicious golden bottom crust called pegao.
- Once the rice is toasted, stir in the beer and cook for about 3 minutes, then add the reserved pigeon-pea liquid (or 2 1/2 cups water) and roasted red pepper brine. Taste the cooking liquid and adjust salt as needed; it should be pleasantly salty.
- Gently stir rice, then spread about half the thinly sliced roasted red pepper over the rice. Drizzle with olive oil. Cover rice with prepared banana leaves, then cover pot with its lid and cook for 22 minutes.
- Once the time has passed, remove the lid, open the banana leaves and gently fold the rice onto itself from the outside in to form a mound in the center of the pot. Reduce heat to medium-low, replace banana leaves and lid and continue cooking for 20 to 25 minutes to allow pegao to form at the bottom of the pot.
- To serve, spoon rice atop a platter layered with fresh banana leaves. Garnish with remaining sliced roasted peppers. Use a metal spatula to scrape pegao out of the pot and serve on a separate plate. Be careful, because everyone will fight over it!
People also searched
More about "sazon rice food"
PUERTO RICAN RICE (ARROZ CON GANDULES) | KITCHEN GIDGET
EASY SAZON RICE RECIPE - ROCK SOLID RUSTIC
CRUNCHY BAKED SAFFRON RICE (TACHIN) RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
AUTHENTIC LATIN SAZON RECIPES - INTENTIONAL HOSPITALITY
Reviews 2Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
SAZON RICE : 5 STEPS - INSTRUCTABLES
Estimated Reading Time 50 secs
CHICKEN WITH SAZON RECIPE - THESUPERHEALTHYFOOD
SAZóN SEASONING RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
05 BEST WAYS TO USE SAZON SEASONING - SPICERALLY.COM
MOM'S AUTHENTIC PUERTO RICAN RICE AND BEANS | AMBITIOUS KITCHEN
HOMEMADE SAZóN SEASONING – THE FOUNTAIN AVENUE KITCHEN
ONE PAN SAZON SKILLET CHICKEN | AMBITIOUS KITCHEN
SAZON GOYA RICE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
GOYA FOODS | WALMART.CA
PERUVIAN SAZON RICE - A PINCH OF SALT LAKE
HOMEMADE SAZóN RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
WHAT IS SAZóN? THIS SPICE BLEND IS A STAPLE IN LATIN …
MEXICAN RICE - THE SCHMIDTY WIFE
SIMPLE SAZON SEASONED STOVE TOP RICE - YOUTUBE
SAZON GOYA SPANISH RICE RECIPES
SAZON GOYA SEASONING CHICKEN RECIPES : TOP PICKED FROM OUR …
HOW TO SEASON RICE SO THAT EVERYTHING YOU EAT WITH IT TASTES BETTER
BLACK BEANS AND RICE - SKINNYTASTE
HOW TO USE SAZON | LEAFTV
PUERTO RICAN FOOD - BEST PUERTO RICAN RICE AND BEANS - IZZYCOOKING
RESTAURANT STYLE MEXICAN RICE - ARTFUL DISHES
SAZóN RICE BOWLS – RAWSPICEBAR
SUPER EASY MEXICAN RICE RECIPE - THRIFT AND SPICE
SAZóN SEASONING (HOMEMADE GOYA SAZON SUBSTITUTE!) - KITCHEN …
YELLOW RICE - ARROZ AMARILLO - GOYA FOODS
10 BEST SAZON GOYA RECIPES | YUMMLY
SAZON GOYA BEANS AND RICE RECIPES
SAZON SEASONING AND ITS INGREDIENTS- THE VIBRANT PUERTO
SAZóN RECIPE (HOMEMADE SPICE BLEND) | KITCHN
SAZON SEASONING RECIPE (GOYA COPYCAT) | MASALAHERB.COM
EASY MEXICAN RICE SAZON GOYA - ALEX BECKER MARKETING
SAZON SEASONING (NO MSG OR FOOD DYE) - KEVIN IS COOKING
SAZóN - SEASONINGS - PRODUCTS | GOYA FOODS
SAZON GOYA CON CULANTRO Y ACHIOTE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED …
10 BEST SAZON GOYA SPANISH RICE RECIPES | YUMMLY
YELLOW RICE | SAZON RICE RECIPE | HOW TO MAKE SAZON RICE
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love