Provided by Katie Lee Biegel
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a stand mixer, beat the butter and the sugar together until fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, incorporating each egg fully before adding the next. Add the vanilla. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. With the mixer on low, stir the flour mixture into the butter mixture until just combined. Stir in the dried cherries and pistachios. Cut the dough in half and place the dough on the prepared baking sheet. Shape into 2 logs, each about 12 inches long.
- Bake until just starting to brown at the edges, about 20 minutes. Cut each log on the diagonal into 1/2-inch-wide slices. Place the slices back on the baking sheet. Bake on the first side for 5 minutes. Remove, turn the biscotti over to the second side and bake until the biscotti are crisp, an additional 5 minutes. Let cool.
- Oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease a large cookie sheet. In a food processor, process flour, sugar, lime peel and baking powder until blended.
- Add butter and cherries.
- Pulse until cherries are coarsely chopped.
- Spoon off and reserve 1 tablespoon of beaten eggs.
- Add remaining eggs and pistachios and pulse until dough is evenly moistened.
- Turn dough out onto on a well-floured surface.(Dough will be sticky). Divide dough in 1/4s.
- With hands, roll each portion into a 9" log.
- Place logs crosswise 3" apart on prepared baking sheet. Press logs to flatten to 2" wide. Brush with reserved egg.
- Bake 25 min. or until golden brown.
- Let cool on sheet on a wire rack 10 min.
- Loosen with a spatula and remove to a cutting board.
- Let cool 10 min. longer.
- Using a large heavy knife, cut each log diagonally in 1/2" thick slices.
- Arrange slices upright on clean cookie sheet (no need to grease sheet). Bake 14-16 min.
- longer until crisp.
- Remove to wire rack to cool (cookies will get even more crisp). - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- Combine 3/4 cup sugar and eggs in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat with an electric mixer at medium speed, scraping bowl often, 2 to 3 minutes, or until thick and pale yellow in color.
- Add oil, orange juice, orange peel and vanilla; beat 1 to 2 minutes, or until well mixed.
- Combine flour, walnuts, baking powder and salt; gradually add to egg mixture.
- Mix on low speed 1 to 2 minutes, or until well mixed.
- Stir in cherries by hand.
- Turn dough onto lightly floured surface (dough will be soft and sticky).
- Lightly sprinkle with additional flour; knead flour into dough.
- With floured hands, shape into 2 (8x2-inch) logs.
- Place 3 to 4 inches apart on a greased baking sheet; flatten tops slightly.
- Combine egg white and water; brush on logs.
- Sprinkle with granulated sugar.
- Bake in a preheated 350°F oven 25 to 30 minutes, or until light brown and firm to the touch.
- Let cool on baking sheet 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 300°F.
- Cut logs diagonally into 1/2-inch slices with a serrated knife; arrange slices, cut-side down, on baking sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes; turn slices.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove to wire rack; let cool completely.
Serve your guests with these cherry-pistachio biscotti that are dipped in melted white chocolate - a delicious Italian dessert.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray 2 cookie sheets with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, beat butter and sugar with electric mixer on medium speed about 3 minutes or until creamy. Beat in vanilla and eggs. Stir in flour and baking powder until blended. Stir in nuts and cherries. Divide dough in half. On each cookie sheet, shape half of dough into 10-inch roll; flatten to 3-inch width.
- Bake 25 minutes or until set and edges begin to brown. Remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Cool 10 minutes. With serrated knife, cut rolls diagonally into 1/2-inch slices. Place slices, cut sides down, on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned and dry. Turn cookies over; bake 8 minutes longer or until lightly browned and dry. Remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 20 minutes.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave white chocolate uncovered on High 1 minute, stirring once, until softened and chocolate can be stirred smooth. Dip one-third of each cookie in white chocolate. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Store tightly covered at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 167, Carbohydrate 22 g, Fat 1 1/2, Fiber 1 g, Protein 3 g, SaturatedFat 4 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 56 mg
PISTACHIO AND DRIED-CHERRY BISCOTTI
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Combine first 6 ingredients in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle. Blend on low speed for 30 seconds. Meanwhile, in a separate bowl, whisk together eggs and next 5 ingredients. Add egg mixture to flour mixture; beat until combined. Fold in cherries and pistachios.
- Transfer dough to a lightly floured surface; divide in half. Using floured hands, shape each dough half into a 16"-long log. Brush off excess flour; transfer logs to prepared sheet, spaced 5" apart. Flatten each log into a 2"-wide strip. Bake, rotating sheet halfway through, until browned and set, about 30 minutes. Transfer to a rack; let cool for 15 minutes. Reduce oven to 250°F and arrange 1 rack in top third of oven and 1 rack in bottom third.
- Line a second baking sheet with parchment paper. Transfer biscotti to a work surface. Using a serrated knife, cut each strip diagonally into 1/3"-thick slices. Arrange slices, cut side down, on baking sheets. Bake biscotti, rotating baking sheets halfway through, until crisp, about 40 minutes. Transfer baking sheets to racks; let cool. DO AHEAD: Can be made 3 days ahead. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
More about "cherry pistachio biscotti food"
BAREFOOT CONTESSA | CHERRY PISTACHIO BISCOTTI | RECIPES
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and cinnamon on medium speed for 3 minutes, until light and fluffy. With the mixer on low, gradually add the 2 whole eggs, the egg yolk (reserve the egg white), and vanilla and mix until combined, scraping down the bowl with a rubber spatula.
- In a medium bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, almond meal, baking powder, and salt. With the mixer on low, slowly add the dry mixture to the butter-sugar mixture, mixing only until combined. Scrape down the bowl and beater and make sure all the ingredients are combined. Stir in the pistachios and cherries.
- Roll the dough into a ball on a well-floured board and cut in half. With floured hands, roll each piece into a cylinder about 11 inches long by 2 inches in diameter and place them 3 inches apart on the prepared sheet pan.
CHERRY-PISTACHIO BISCOTTI | KING ARTHUR BAKING
4.6/5 (34)Total Time 1 hr 30 minsServings 36
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease (or line with parchment) one large (about 18" x 13") baking sheet., In a medium-sized bowl, beat the butter, sugar, salt, flavor, vanilla, and baking powder until the mixture is smooth and creamy., Beat in the eggs; the batter may look slightly curdled., At low speed of your mixer, add the flour, stirring until smooth; the dough will be sticky., Stir in the pistachios and cherries., Divide the dough in half, and plop both halves onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving space between them., Shape each half into a long rectangle about 10 1/2" x 2" wide x 3/4" tall; remember, you need to leave space for expansion between the pieces of dough., Straighten the rectangles, and smooth their tops and sides; a wet spatula or wet bowl scraper works well here.
- Sprinkle the tops of the rectangles with coarse white sparkling sugar., Bake the dough for 25 minutes.
- Remove it from the oven. Using a spray bottle filled with room-temperature water, lightly but thoroughly spritz the two pieces of dough, making sure to cover the sides as well as the top.
- Softening the crust just this little bit will make slicing the biscotti without crumbling easier., Reduce the oven temperature to 325°F., Wait 5 minutes, then use a sharp chef's or serrated knife to cut the biscotti crosswise into 1/2" to 3/4" slices.
10 REASONS TO MAKE BISCOTTI - KING ARTHUR BAKING
PISTACHIO CREAM FILLED BISCOTTI - COOKING WITH NONNA
CHERRY PISTACHIO BISCOTTI - TASTY KITCHEN
PISTACHIO BISCOTTI WITH CHERRIES — MARY DISOMMA
CHOCOLATE CHERRY BISCOTTI WITH PISTACHIO - LINDYSEZ | RECIPES
CHOCOLATE-DIPPED CHERRY-PISTACHIO BISCOTTI - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
PISTACHIO BISCOTTI WITH CHERRIES — MARY DISOMMA
PISTACHIO AND DRIED CHERRY BISCOTTI | BON APPETIT
VEGAN PISTACHIO & CHERRY BISCOTTI – BORNA FOODS
CHERRY PISTACHIO BISCOTTI COOKIES - COUNTRY AT HEART RECIPES
PISTACHIO CHERRY BISCOTTI RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
PISTACHIO AND DRIED-CHERRY BISCOTTI RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
PISTACHIO AND DRIED CHERRY BISCOTTI - BLACKDOGFOODBLOG.COM
VEGAN PISTACHIO AND LEMON BISCOTTI | RICARDO
CHERRY PISTACHIO BISCOTTI -THAT SKINNY CHICK CAN BAKE
CHERRY PISTACHIO BISCOTTI RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
CHERRY-PISTACHIO BISCOTTI - TASTE OF THE SOUTH
CHERRY PISTACHIO BISCOTTI - BAREFOOT CONTESSA (EN-US)
DRIED SOUR CHERRY AND PISTACCHIO BISCOTTI | ITALIAN FOOD FOREVER
DRIED CHERRY AND PISTACHIO BISCOTTI – TASTEFOOD
CHERRY PISTACHIO BISCOTTI · A PASSION FOR ENTERTAINING
CHERRY-PISTACHIO BISCOTTI RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
CHERRY PISTACHIO BISCOTTI | PUNCHFORK
CHERRY-PISTACHIO BISCOTTI WITH VANILLA, ORANGE ZEST AND EGGS - CTV
SOUR CHERRY & PISTACHIO BISCOTTI - LULU THE BAKER
CHERRY BISCOTTI | CANADIAN LIVING
PISTACHIO CHERRY BISCOTTI RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CHRISTMAS BISCOTTI WITH CHERRY, ALMOND & PISTACHIO
CHOCOLATE-PISTACHIO-CHERRY BISCOTTI RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CHERRY PISTACHIO BISCOTTI RECIPE | INA GARTEN | FOOD NETWORK
CHERRY AND PISTACHIO BISCOTTI | ITALIAN RECIPES | GOODTOKNOW
ITALIAN PISTACHIO BISCOTTI RECIPE - AN ITALIAN IN MY KITCHEN
GUSTO TV - CHERRY PISTACHIO BISCOTTI
CHERRY-PISTACHIO BISCOTTI | RECIPE | PISTACHIO BISCOTTI, BISCOTTI, FOOD ...
PISTACHIO CHERRY BISCOTTI - SAVING ROOM FOR DESSERT
PISTACHIO BISCOTTI WITH KIRSCH-SOAKED CHERRIES | FOOD & STYLE
CHERRY PISTACHIO BISCOTTI INA GARTEN : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST ...
CHERRY PISTACHIO BISCOTTI | COOKSTR.COM
You'll also love