VIDALIA ONION RELISH
Provided by Marisa McClellan
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Slice the onions into thin half moons using a slicing blade on a food processor. Put the onions in a large bowl and add the salt. Massage the salt into the onions and let it stand for 30 minutes.
- When the time is up, pour the onions into a large colander and squeeze the onions to remove the liquid that the salt helped draw out.
- While the onions drain, prepare a boiling water bath canner and 4 pint jars.
- Combine onions, vinegar, sugar, and spices in a large pot. Bring the contents of the pot to a boil and boil for 15 to 20 minutes. You want the onions to soften, the liquid to thicken, and for the whole mess to settle and marry.
- Pack the relish into your prepared jars and cover with liquid, leaving 1/2 inch headspace.
- Vigorously remove the air bubbles. Wipe the rims, apply the lids and rings, and process in a boiling water bath canner for 15 minutes.
- When the time is up, remove the lid from the pot and turn off the heat. Let the jars stand in the cooling canner for an additional five minutes. When that time is up, remove the jars and set them on a folded kitchen towel to cool. When the jars have cooled enough that you can comfortably handle them, check the seals. Sealed jars can be stored at room temperature for up to a year. Any unsealed jars should be refrigerated and used promptly.
HOT & SWEET PEPPER & ONION RELISH
I was looking for something to can using bell peppers, hot peppers & onion, and came up with this. We grow several different types of pepper, sweet & hot. I LOVE Hot Sauces & Relishes, recently made the Hot Pepper Butter (Mustard) #137562, and it was outstanding. Got that Canning Fever! Enjoy!
Provided by Gator Lady
Yield 6 pints
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Clean & remove seeds & membranes from bell peppers, can leave seeds & all for hot peppers for more heat.
- Finely chop peppers & onions, by hand or food processor.
- Combine all ingredients in non stick pot, bring to boil & simmer for 30 to 45 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thickened.
- Can be put in containers for fridge or canned.
- If you are canning, 10 minute minimum water bath, so cans are sealed properly.
- Use for meats, on cream cheese & crackers, or just use you imagination.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 200.4, Fat 0.3, SaturatedFat 0.1, Sodium 397.7, Carbohydrate 48.5, Fiber 3.1, Sugar 39.5, Protein 2.2
SWEET ONION RELISH
- In a large skillet, heat the oil. Sautee the onions for about 15 minutes, or until soft but not browned.
- Add the vinegar and simmer about 10 minutes, or until the liquid is reduced by half.
- Add the stock and cook until the liquid is again reduced by half.
- Add the honey, salt and pepper to taste, and stir in dill. This relish may be served warm, cold or at room temperature. It will keep for several weeks if refrigerated in tightly-sealed glass jars.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 257, UnsaturatedFat 8 grams, Carbohydrate 41 grams, Fat 10 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 4 grams, SaturatedFat 1 gram, Sodium 1098 milligrams, Sugar 29 grams
SWEET VIDALIA ONION RELISH
- Roast red, green, and yellow bell peppers over an open flame or in broiler, turning frequently, until skins are charred and blistered. Place in a bowl and cover with plastic; let sit 5 to 10 minutes. Remove skins. Cut peppers in half, lengthwise. Remove seeds and stem, and chop into small pieces. Set aside.
- Place grated onions in a colander to drain liquid. Place them in a large bowl, and sprinkle with 1/4 cup kosher salt. Mix by hand. Mix in cabbage and 3 tablespoons salt by hand. Let sit 1 hour.
- Place onions and cabbage into colander, and squeeze out as much liquid as possible. Place in cheese cloth or towel, and squeeze out additional water.
- Place cabbage and onions into a large pot over medium-high heat. Add roasted bell peppers. Stir in sugar, apple cider vinegar, turmeric, mustard seed, and celery seed. Bring to a low boil, stirring constantly to prevent onions from sticking to the bottom. Reduce heat to medium, and simmer for 45 minutes, stirring often.
- To prepare jars you first need to wash jars then place them into the canning pot with rack and boil them in water to sterilize them. Fill a small pot half way with water and bring to simmer; place the lids into water. Taking one jar out of the water at a time put on canning funnel and fill with hot relish about 1/2 inch from the top. Then take a kitchen knife a stick down to the bottom of jar and work the knife around to remove all air bubbles. Wipe off top of jar very well and clean then place a hot lid on jar the screw ring on top. Repeat until all relish is gone. Jars and relish must stay hot throughout this canning process.
- Place in a bath of simmering water, covering the jars by one inch. Process for 10 minutes, or according to your local extension's guidelines. When jars start to seal and vacuum, the lids will make a pop sound and your canning was a success. Once jars have been opened, store in the refrigerator and use within two weeks.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 55.9 calories, Carbohydrate 13.3 g, Fat 0.1 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 0.6 g, Sodium 204.6 mg, Sugar 11 g
EASY ONION RELISH
- Saute onions, celery and red bell pepper in the butter in a Dutch oven for about 15 minutes or until tender (do not brown).
- Add in vinegar and remaining ingredients to the mixture; bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer uncovered for about 20 minutes.
- Store in refrigerator for 1 day before using.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
SWEET AND SPICY ONION RELISH
- Peel the onions, cut in half and slice into 1-inch pieces. Add the onions and the vegetable oil to a large saucepan, over medium-low heat, and saute until soft. Stir in the black pepper, crushed red pepper flakes, garlic and brown sugar until incorporated. Add half of the root beer and let reduce until starting to get thick. Stir in the remaining root beer and continue to reduce until the liquid is almost completely evaporated.
- Serve on top of good quality, natural casing hot dogs with a good brown mustard and a little mayonnaise, to taste.
RED ONION RELISH
A delicious vinegar & red onion relish perfect with homemade burgers...
Provided by pollyroo
Yield Serves 4
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Chop the red onions into slices
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and add the sliced onion to the melted butter
- Fry for a few minutes, then add the brown sugar and red wine vinegar
- Stir and allow to simmer on a low heat for 20 minutes, stirring regularly to prevent the sugar from burning.
- It should now have reduced to a delicious dark red relish - Serve straight away or pop in a jar and store in the fridge for a later date.
VIDALIA ONION RELISH
Burgers and brats get the star treatment with this sweet onion topping. Bourbon adds a lovely caramel note, and the crushed pepper flakes turn up the heat. -Janet Roth, Tempe, Arizona
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 3 cups.
Number Of Ingredients 16
- In a large saucepan, cook onions in oil over medium heat 40-45 minutes or until onions are golden brown, stirring occasionally. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from heat. Add bourbon, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan., Stir in remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 15-20 minutes or until thickened. Store in airtight containers in the refrigerator up to 1 week. Serve with sausage or other meat.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 65 calories, Fat 1g fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 56mg sodium, Carbohydrate 12g carbohydrate (9g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
- In a medium bowl, combine sweet and red onions; add ice water to cover. Soak for 30 minutes, changing ice water once. Drain onions well, and return to empty bowl. In a medium saucepan, bring vinegar, sugar, and salt to a boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved; pour over onions, and set aside to cool, tossing occasionally. When cool, stir in scallionos. Season with pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 68 g
SWEET ONION RELISH
- Saute the onions in a skillet over medium-low heat until translucent and caramelized, about 10 minutes. Add the brown sugar and stir until dissolved. Deglaze the pan with both vinegars and the wine. Simmer on medium-low heat until all the liquid has been evaporated, about 15 minutes.
SWEET ONION AND OKRA RELISH
This recipe was created by Eddie Jordan because we had a lot of okra and we wanted something other than fried or boiled okra. we like it with just a hint of Jalapino.
Provided by JANET JORDAN
Categories Vegetable Appetizers
Number Of Ingredients 9
- 1. Bring to boil in a medium sauce pan the vinegar, water, salt, and spice bag.
- 2. Add okra, onion, bell pepper, and jalapino pepper return to boil.
- 3. Remove from heat cool. Remove spice bag. Refrigerate covered for 8 hours
- 4. Will keep in refrigerator 1 week.
More about "sweet onion relish food"
ONION RELISH RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
Servings 8Estimated Reading Time 2 minsCategory Preserve
SWEET ONION RELISH RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
5/5 (1)Total Time 5 hrsServings 5Calories 10 per serving
SWEET ONION RELISH RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Servings 10Calories 43 per serving
SWEET ONION RELISH - SORTED FOOD
10 BEST SWEET TOMATO RELISH RECIPES - YUMMLY
SWEET & TANGY ONION PEPPER RELISH WITH TRUVíA® …
SAVORY SWEET FIG ONION RELISH | ITALIAN FOOD FOREVER
Reviews 12Category Canning & PreservingServings 4Published 2019-02-06
- Slowly cook the onions, stirring often until they are deep golden in color and very soft, about an hour.
SWEET BALSAMIC ONION RELISH RECIPE - KNOW YOUR PRODUCE
5/5 (3)Total Time 1 hr 30 minsCategory AppetizerPublished 2015-06-06
SWEET ONION RELISH - HEALTHY CANNING
3.8/5 (10)Total Time 1 hr 30 minsCategory CondimentsPublished 2016-10-06
APPLE ONION RELISH
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet. Add onions, garlic and sugar; cook, stirring occasionally, 35 minutes or until caramelized. Stir in vinegar, cumin, ginger and cinnamon; cook 7 minutes. Add apples and raisins; cook 5 minutes.
SWEET RED ONION RELISH RECIPE - REAL SIMPLE
2.5/5 (5)Total Time 10 minsCategory FoodCalories 36 per serving
SWEET-AND-SOUR RED-ONION RELISH RECIPE - SCOTT HOWELL ...
4/5 Servings 1.5
FRENCH'S SWEET ONION RELISH - 320G : AMAZON.CA: GROCERY ...
5/5 (1)Manufacturer reference JOCA-1803Brand French'sProduct Dimensions 5 x 20 x 20 cm; 600 Grams
SWEET ONION RELISH - BRATTLEBORO FOOD CO-OP
Estimated Reading Time 40 secs
SWEET PEPPER 'N' ONION RELISH - FARM BELL RECIPES
SWEET ONION RELISH RECIPE | MYRECIPES
5/5 (1)Total Time 55 minsServings 1.5Calories 23 per serving
SWEET ONION RELISH WITH RED PEPPERS RECIPE
3.7/5 (26)Total Time 2 hrs 20 minsCategory CondimentCalories 614 per serving
BICKS ZESTY ONION RELISH - HOME COOKING - RELISH - CHOWHOUND
User Interaction Count 24Estimated Reading Time 50 secs
SWEET AND SPICY ONION RELISH - FOOD NETWORK
Cuisine AmericanServings 24
CORNICHON AND SWEET ONION RELISH - MAILLE US
Estimated Reading Time 40 secs
SWEET ONION RELISH - PREVENTION.COM
Cuisine AmericanCategory Vegan, VegetarianServings 16Total Time 20 mins
SWEET ONION RELISH - ASDA - 350G
31 ONION RELISH RECIPES IDEAS | ONION RELISH, RELISH ...
DICKINSON'S PEPPER ONION RELISH RECIPES - THERESCIPES.INFO
SWEET ONION RELISH - CANNING-RECIPES.COM
SWEET AND SPICY ONION RELISH - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
SWEET ONION RELISH RECIPE
SWEET AND SPICY ONION RELISH RECIPE
SWEET AND SPICY ONION RELISH – RECIPES NETWORK
CURRIED SWEET ONION RELISH - COOKEATSHARE
FOOD - CONDIMENTS - CHUTNEY, RELISH - THE GOURMET WAREHOUSE
CANNING SWEET ONION RELISH - COOKEATSHARE
RECIPE FOR SWEET ONION RELISH - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
SWEET ONION RELISH, 300G - THE GOURMET WAREHOUSE
SEARCH PAGE - FOOD NETWORK
SWEET VIDALIA ONION RELISH | RELISH RECIPES, VIDALIA ONION ...
You'll also love