GRILLED BREAD SALAD WITH SWEET PEPPERS AND ONIONS
- Prepare grill for medium-high heat. Toss bread with 2 tablespoons oil in a medium bowl; season with salt and pepper. Toss bell peppers and onions with 2 tablespoons oil; season with salt and pepper.
- Grill bread, turning occasionally, until golden brown, 8-10 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Grill vegetables, turning often, until very tender and charred in spots, 8-10 minutes for peppers and 10-12 minutes for onions; transfer to a cutting board.
- Trim root end from onions and separate layers. Transfer to a large bowl, add vinegar and paprika, and toss to coat. Remove as much skin as possible from peppers; discard. Cut into 1 1/2" strips.
- Add peppers, grilled bread, 2 tablespoons chives, and remaining 2 tablespoons oil to bowl with onions and toss to combine; season with salt, pepper, and more vinegar, if desired. Serve topped with more chives.
SWEET BELL PEPPER AND ONION SALAD
Provided by Mona Talbott
Categories Salad Side Low Carb Low Fat Vegetarian Kid-Friendly Quick & Easy High Fiber Dinner Lunch Bell Pepper Spring Summer Healthy Low Cholesterol Raw Bon Appétit Kidney Friendly Vegan Pescatarian Paleo Dairy Free Wheat/Gluten-Free Peanut Free Tree Nut Free Soy Free No Sugar Added Kosher Small Plates
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Toss bell peppers, onion, and vinegar in a large bowl; season with salt and black pepper.
- Let sit until bell peppers are slightly softened, 10-20 minutes. Just before serving, toss herbs and oil with bell pepper mixture.
CARAMELIZED ONIONS AND BELL PEPPERS
Caramelized onions, sweet caramel-colored ribbons, mixed with sautéed bell peppers are delicious with steak or spicy Italian sausage.
Provided by Jennifer Segal, inspired by How to Cook Everything by Mark Bittman
Categories Vegetables & Sides
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions, peppers, salt and pepper.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook, stirring frequently, until the onions are caramelized and the peppers are tender and slightly browned, 15 to 20 minutes. If a brown coating forms on the bottom of the pan during the cooking process, add a few tablespoons of water and stir; repeat as necessary.
- Add balsamic vinegar and thyme and turn the heat down to low. Cook for a few more minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary. Serve hot or at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts :
SWEET BELL PEPPER SALAD
- *If using strong onions, slice and soak the onions in 2 tbsp white vinegar and 1/4 cup of water for 10-15 minutes. Drain, then use.
- Slice the vegetables and add to a medium - large serving bowl.
- Mix ingredients for the dressing. Make sure to rub the fines herbs between your fingers or rub on your palm to break the up to release their flavor.
- Toss and taste to adjust seasoning. Add the feta cheese and toss gently. Serve cold. NOTE: Tastes better if left to sit in the refrigerator for an hour before serving.
- Serves 6 at 4.4g net carbs per serving.
- NOTE: For an easier version, you can use your favorite oil and vinegar salad dressing instead of making your own.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 g, Calories 112 kcal, Carbohydrate 6.4 g, Protein 2 g, Fat 9 g, Sodium 208 mg, Fiber 2 g, Sugar 4 g
SWEET BELL PEPPER & ONION SALAD
Sweet Bell Pepper and Onion Salad ~ if you love colorful bell peppers like I do, this is for you ~ it's crunchy, colorful, healthy, and so yummy!
Provided by Sue Moran
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Give the peppers a good rinse, and then, while still whole, slice them into thin rings. About 1/8 inch is best. Then carefully slice out any ribs and seeds. Slice the jalapeno into thin rings, but don't remove the inner seeds and ribs if you want to retain the heat.
- Peel and slice the onion as thinly as possible. (I used a mandoline slicer)
- Toss the peppers and onions with a little olive oil and vinegar. Let sit for about 15-20 minutes.
- Just before serving, toss with the fresh herbs. Salt and pepper to taste.
CUCUMBER SALAD WITH PEPPERS AND ONION
This crisp and colorful salad is an ideal way to use up all that produce. "It's so good on hot summer evenings," says NanCee Maynard of Box Elder, South Dakota. "I've even added chopped zucchini for variety."
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 5
- In a large serving bowl, combine the cucumbers, onion and peppers. In a small bowl, whisk vinegar and sugar. Pour over vegetables; toss to coat. Chill until serving. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 43 calories, Fat 0 fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 3mg sodium, Carbohydrate 11g carbohydrate (8g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
HAM AND BELL PEPPER PASTA SALAD
Stir ham, onion and bell pepper into pasta with a rich sour cream-and-chive dressing.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Whisk together the mayonnaise, parsley, sour cream, chives, lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper in a large bowl.
- Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook according to the package directions. Drain and rinse under cold water to cool; add to the bowl with the dressing.
- Add the ham, onion and bell peppers to the bowl and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper. The pasta salad is best if served right away.
GRANDMA'S CUCUMBER AND ONION SALAD
Both of my grandmothers made this salad every summer when their gardens produced baskets of cucumbers. It's a cool, fresh side dish for any meal. One of my grandmas omitted the green pepper and the celery seed. She also put ice in it to chill it quickly and cut the vinegar taste.
Provided by KBOVER
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Place cucumber slices in a colander and liberally sprinkle salt over cucumbers; set aside until water starts to release from cucumbers, about 15 minutes. Drain and rinse cucumbers.
- Mix cucumbers, onions, and green bell pepper together in a bowl.
- Whisk sugar, vinegar, celery seed, and 2 teaspoons salt together in a bowl until dressing is smooth; pour over cucumber mixture and stir until evenly coated.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 130.1 calories, Carbohydrate 32.9 g, Fat 0.2 g, Fiber 0.7 g, Protein 0.8 g, Sodium 335.1 mg, Sugar 30.5 g
GREEN BEANS AND SWEET RED BELL PEPPER SALAD
From a Caribbean/Central American/Mexican cookbook by the Hermes Publishing House. Use crisp and fresh vegetables-this is not the recipe to use up older vegetables from the back of your frig. If fresh, good quality green beans are unavailable, use a top quality frozen brand.
Provided by COOKGIRl
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Prepare the salad dressing by combining the red wine vinegar with the salt and pepper. Gradually whisk in the olive oil. Best prepared 2-3 hours in advance to allow the ingredients to marinate.
- Cook the green beans until tender crisp and green beans are still brightly colored. To halt cooking, rinse and drain immediately under cold water. Set aside.
- Combine the green beans in a mixing bowl with the diced bell peppers, green onions, and serrano chile.
- Pour the marinated salad dressing over the vegetables and toss lightly to coat.
- Line a large serving platter with the chopped lettuce then arrange the vegetables on top. Garnish with the sliced green onions and the sliced red onions.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 325.8, Fat 30.1, SaturatedFat 4.2, Sodium 282.4, Carbohydrate 14.8, Fiber 6.1, Sugar 6.6, Protein 3.5
SOUTHERN CABBAGE SALAD WITH SWEET ONION AND PEPPERS
- Mix vegetables in a large bowl.
- Thoroughly combine lemon zest, lemon juice, vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper; whisk in oil.
- Fold into vegetables.
- Season to taste with salt.
- Store up to 12 hours in the refrigerator to marry flavors.
- Return to room temperature before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 204.6, Fat 18.2, SaturatedFat 2.5, Sodium 411.1, Carbohydrate 10.4, Fiber 3.2, Sugar 5.6, Protein 1.7
QUICK SAUTEED PEPPERS AND ONIONS
Sauteed peppers and onions are colorful and full of sweet caramelized flavor! Eat them as a healthy side dish or throw them on sandwiches or tacos.
Provided by Sonja Overhiser
Categories Side Dish
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Thinly slice the peppers. Thinly slice the onions. Toss them in a bowl with 1 tablespoon olive oil, oregano, salt and pepper.
- In large skillet, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium high heat. Cook the peppers until tender and lightly charred, about 10 to 12 minutes for crisp tender or about 15 minutes for tender, stirring occasionally. Taste and add additional salt to taste. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 117 calories, Sugar 7 g, Sodium 6.7 mg, Fat 7.4 g, SaturatedFat 1.1 g, TransFat 0 g, Carbohydrate 11.9 g, Fiber 3.3 g, Protein 1.7 g, Cholesterol 0 mg
TOMATO, PEPPER AND ONION SALAD
- Combine vegetables in bowl and dress with vinegar, extra-virgin olive oil, salt and pepper.
BLACK BEAN SALAD WITH BELL PEPPERS
You're going to love this black bean salad with bell peppers, red onion, and a kick of fajita seasoning. It's a hearty side dish that has a great crunch from the fresh peppers.
Provided by This Healthy Table
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Combine the black beans and the diced peppers, onion, and garlic in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in the olive oil, lime juice, kosher salt, and fajita seasoning.
- Serve immediately or save in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 125 calories, Carbohydrate 22 grams carbohydrates, Cholesterol 0 milligrams cholesterol, Fat 4 grams fat, Fiber 4 grams fiber, Protein 4 grams protein, SaturatedFat 1 grams saturated fat, ServingSize 1, Sodium 775 grams sodium, Sugar 8 grams sugar, TransFat 0 grams trans fat, UnsaturatedFat 3 grams unsaturated fat
More about "sweet bell pepper and onion salad food"
ZESTY MINI BELL PEPPER SALAD RECIPE - …
5/5 (24)Category EasyCuisine $3-$5Total Time 15 mins
THREE BEAN SALAD WITH SWEET BELL PEPPERS RECIPE
3.8/5 (176)Total Time 15 minsServings 4Calories 457 per serving
SWEET BELL PEPPER AND ONION SALAD RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
SWEET PEPPER, ONION AND TOMATO SALAD - DIABETES …
5/5 (19)Category Lunch, Salads, SidesServings 6Calories 65 per serving
ROASTED RED PEPPER, PEACH, AND SWEET ONION SALAD …
HERBY SWEET PEPPER AND ONION SALAD - MY KITCHEN LOVE
Reviews 1Servings 4Cuisine AmericanCategory Salad
- Toss bell peppers, onion, and vinegar in a large bowl; season with salt and pepper to taste. Let sit until bell peppers are slightly softened, 10–20 minutes.
SWEET PEPPER AND AVOCADO SALAD - THE GENETIC CHEF
Cuisine LatinCategory Salad, Side DishServings 4Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
- In a 2 cup measure or small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, lime juice, oregano, garlic powder, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add the peppers into a large bowl and massage them with your hand to break and soften them.
- Combine the red onion and avocado with the peppers. Add the dressing and toss to combine. Season to taste with additional salt and pepper, if needed.
QUICK AND EASY BELL PEPPER SALAD - FOOD FIDELITY
Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
SUPER SMOKED SWEET AND SPICY CHICKEN WINGS – MASTERBUILT
SWEET PEPPER, MUSHROOM, AND ONION MEDLEY RECIPE ...
4.4/5 (130)Total Time 45 minsCategory VegetablesCalories 150 per serving
SWEET ONIONS AND PEPPERS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Servings 3Calories 33 per serving
SWEET CORN WITH PEPPERS & ONIONS - ITALIAN FOOD FOREVER
Reviews 1Category Vegetables-CornServings 4Total Time 30 mins
SWEET POTATO SALAD RECIPE - WITH BELL PEPPERS, GREEN ONION ...
Servings 4Estimated Reading Time 50 secs
RED BELL PEPPER SALAD | EATING CHEATING
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
SWEET BELL PEPPER & ONION SALAD — BLUE HERON COMMUNITY FARM
MINIMAL MONDAY: SWEET BELL PEPPER & ONION SALAD | STUFFED ...
10 BEST MANGO AND BELL PEPPER SALAD RECIPES - YUMMLY
SWEET PEPPER SALAD - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
CUCUMBER AND SWEET PEPPER SALAD - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
MANGO, SWEET PEPPER AND GRILLED RED ONION SALAD | RECIPES ...
SWEET BELL PEPPER ONION - COOKEATSHARE
SWEET BELL PEPPER AND ONION SALAD | RECIPE | STUFFED ...
TOP 20 ONION, BELL PEPPER, CILANTRO & MAYONNAISE RECIPES ...
SWEET BELL PEPPER AND ONION SALAD - PINTEREST.COM
SWEET BELL PEPPER AND ONION SALAD RECIPES
SWEET BELL PEPPER & ONION SALAD – SENSUAL FOOD
RECIPES/SWEET-BELL-PEPPER-AND-ONION-SALAD-51241980.JSON AT ...
BELL PEPPER AND ONION SALAD - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
SWEET BELL PEPPER AND ONION SALAD - PLAIN.RECIPES
BELL PEPPER AND ONION RECIPES (21877) - SUPERCOOK
SWEET BELL PEPPER AND ONION SALAD - THE SWEETS LIFE ...
TOP 20 BELL PEPPER, CARROT, ONION POWDER & CILANTRO ...
SALMON, POTATO, ONION, BELL PEPPER SALAD RECIPE
SWEET BELL PEPPER AND ONION SALAD – I FIND BEST RECIPES
10 BEST BELL PEPPER TOMATO AND ONION RECIPES | YUMMLY
You'll also love