PENNE WITH SUN-DRIED TOMATO PESTO
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, blend the sun-dried tomatoes and their oil, garlic, salt and pepper, to taste, and basil in a food processor and blend until the tomatoes are finely chopped. Transfer the tomato mixture to a large bowl. Stir in the Parmesan.
- Add the pasta to the pesto and toss to coat, adding enough reserved cooking liquid to moisten. Season the pasta, to taste, with salt and pepper and serve.
SUN-DRIED TOMATO AND PESTO TORTA
You can make this up to three days ahead; be sure to start at least one day in advance.
Yield Makes 20 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Finely chop garlic in processor. Add basil, 1/4 cup pine nuts, oil and lemon juice. Process until well blended. Add 1/3 cup cream cheese and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Using on/off turns, process just until blended. Transfer pesto to medium bowl.
- Coarsely chop tomatoes in processor. Add tomato paste and process until mixture is almost smooth. Add 1/3 cup cream cheese and blend well.
- Using electric mixer, beat 2 cups cream cheese and butter in large bowl until fluffy. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spray 6-cup soufflé dish with nonstick spray. Line with plastic wrap, extending plastic over sides. Spread 3/4 cup cream cheese-butter mixture evenly over bottom of prepared dish. Top with half of tomato mixture, then 1/2 cup cream cheese-butter mixture, then half of pesto mixture. Repeat layering with 1/2 cup cream cheese-butter mixture, remaining tomato mixture, 1/2 cup cream cheese-butter mixture and remaining pesto. Top with remaining cream cheese-butter mixture. Cover and chill overnight. (Can be made 3 days ahead. Keep refrigerated.)
- Invert torta onto platter. Peel off plastic. Garnish with basil sprigs and toasted pine nuts. Serve with baguette slices.
SUN-DRIED TOMATO PESTO
- Place sun-dried tomatoes in a bowl and cover with warm water for 5 minutes, or until tender.
- In a food processor or blender combine sun-dried tomatoes, basil, parsley, garlic, pine nuts and onion; process until well blended. Add vinegar, tomato paste, crushed tomatoes and red wine, and process. Stir in olive oil and Parmesan cheese. Season with salt to taste.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 44.1 calories, Carbohydrate 2.4 g, Cholesterol 0.9 mg, Fat 3.5 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 1.1 g, SaturatedFat 0.6 g, Sodium 80.5 mg, Sugar 1.4 g
SUN-DRIED TOMATO AND PESTO TORTA
- Beat together cream cheese and butter in food processor (or beaters).
- Add the onion.
- Line a 2 cup margarine tub, or bowl, with plastic wrap.
- Spread 1/3 of the cream cheese mixture in the bottom of the bowl.
- Top with ½ of the pesto and tomatoes.
- Repeat layers.
- Top with cream cheese mixture.
- Spread layers to the edge of the bowl, so they will show through when unmolded.
- Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Unmold onto serving plate.
- Serve with baguette slices or your favourite crackers.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 140.8, Fat 14.3, SaturatedFat 9, Cholesterol 41.1, Sodium 157.7, Carbohydrate 2.1, Fiber 0.3, Sugar 1, Protein 1.9
CHEESE, PESTO AND SUN-DRIED TOMATO TORTA
I make this for a potlucks or parties, so often I assemble a tiny one in a mini-loaf pan for the two of us. If there are any leftovers, they go great on bagels. I sometimes take small disposable containers so people can take some home with them. If you want to use pre-made pesto, 3/4-1 cup should be enough for this dish. I usually serve it with assorted crackers, but it goes well on toasted baguette slices and mini-bagels too. It takes awhile to assemble, but cooking time is simply chilling time.
Provided by TigerJo
Yield 20 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Finely chop garlic cloves in food processor; add basil, nuts, oil and lemon juice; Process until well blended; Add 1/3c cream cheese, all of parmesan cheese, and pulse until just blended; turn into a medium bowl and set aside.
- Coarsely chop tomatoes in food processor; add tomato paste and blend until mixture is almost smooth; add 1/3c cream cheese and blend well; transfer to a small bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix remaining softened cream cheese and butter until fluffy; season with salt and pepper.
- Spray 6c straight sided dish (such as a souffle dish or springform pan) with non-stick pan spray, line with plastic wrap (I line pan with at least two layers of it) allowing wrap to drape over the sides.
- Without worrying about keeping the layers perfect, spread 3/4c cream cheese/butter mixture evenly over prepared dish with a spoon dipped in hot water; top with half of the tomato mixture, then 1/2c of cream cheese mixture, then half the pesto mixture.
- Repeat layering with 1/2c cream cheese mixture, remaining tomato mixture, 1/2c cream cheese mixture, remaining pesto, then remaining cream cheese mixture; Cover and chill 6hrs or overnight.
- Invert torta onto serving platter, carefully peel away plastic wrap, and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 212.3, Fat 20.6, SaturatedFat 11.1, Cholesterol 51.1, Sodium 213.1, Carbohydrate 4.1, Fiber 0.9, Sugar 0.7, Protein 4.2
INSTANT PESTO TORTA WITH BREAD AND VEGETABLES
- Line a small shallow dish or bowl with plastic wrap or waxed paper. Coat wrap with vegetable spray. Arrange a pattern in bottom of the dish using the sun-dried tomatoes and basil. Add 1 1/2 tubs of garlic and herb cheese (about half a pound) to the dish and smooth over, then layer in the sun-dried tomato spread and the pesto. Spread the remaining cheese on top of the pesto. Place a serving plate over the bowl and invert the bowl. Hold on to the edges of the waxed paper or wrap to release the cheese. Remove the waxed paper or plastic wrap. Arrange the sliced baguette along 1 side of the torta.
- Arrange carrots and tomatoes along the opposite side of the torta.
This fabulous torte can be made without the sun-dried tomatoes. The combination of cream cheese and pesto is mouth-watering. The original recipe comes from Ann Hodgman's Beat This cookbook. I reduced the amount of butter used, and I like to make it in a loaf pan rather than custard cups! You can use basil or artichoke pesto, and I often use dry packed tomatoes but reduce the quantity by half.
Provided by OhMyStars
Yield 10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Beat cream cheese and butter until well blended.
- Mix pesto and parmesan cheese in small bowl.
- Line two 8 oz custard cups (or loaf pan) with plastic wrap.
- Divide cream cheese mixture into four parts (2 for a loaf) Spoon 1/4 of cream cheese mixture into each custard cup.
- Sprinkle each with 1/4 of the tomatoes.
- Spread 1/4 of the pesto mixture over tomatoes.
- Repeat layers.
- Fold plastic wrap over each torte, sealing well.
- Chill overnight until firm.
- Unmold, remove plastic wrap.
- Serve with crusty French bread slices.
- Garnish with chives, parsley, or"whatever" for color.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 375.9, Fat 37.8, SaturatedFat 21.6, Cholesterol 103.2, Sodium 429.6, Carbohydrate 6, Fiber 1, Sugar 1.5, Protein 5.7
GOAT CHEESE, SUN-DRIED TOMATO, AND PESTO TORTA
This can be made ahead of time, it is a beautiful display and, most importantly, it packs a punch in the flavor department! what more do you need?
Provided by mowo3160
Categories < 30 Mins
Yield 8-12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Mix goat cheese and cream cheese in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine goat-cream cheese mixture with the sun-dried tomatoes, tomato paste, and vinegar in a separate bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste. (again).
- Line a 2-cup ramekin or a small bowl with plastic wrap, extending the wrap over the sides. spray the plastic wrap with vegetable oil cooking spray. Spread half the goat-cream cheese mixture evenly in the bottom of the ramekin. Cover with pesto, then with the cheese tomato mixture. top with remaining goat cheese mixture. Fold wrap over the final cheese layer and refrigerate until chilled, at least 1 1/2 hours.
- Invert the torta onto a platter and peel off the plastic wrap. Garnish with basil and serve with baguette slices.
- **The torta can be made 2days ahead and refrigerated. This torta can be so gorgeous if you pay attention to making clean, well defined layers.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 177.4, Fat 15.6, SaturatedFat 9.3, Cholesterol 42.4, Sodium 231.9, Carbohydrate 4.7, Fiber 0.9, Sugar 1.1, Protein 6
ITALIAN SUN-DRIED TOMATO, PROVOLONE AND PESTO TORTE
My mother-in-law recently served this at our baby shower. It was a tremendous hit! Delicious flavors meld together to create a rich and creamy indulgence. Serve with toasted baguette, crackers, veggies, or whatever else you please. This looks so pretty on a serving plate - your guests won't want to touch it. But they'll be glad when they do - delish! Note: cooking time is chill time.
Provided by DanielsWife
Yield 32 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Bring a small saucepan of water to a boil. Turn off the heat. Place sun-dried tomatoes in the water, and cover for 5 minutes. Drain, and finely chop.
- In a medium bowl, mix cream cheese and garlic.
- Line a medium bowl or loaf pan with a large piece of dampened cheese cloth. Layer with 1/3 of the provolone cheese. Spread with 1/2 of the cream cheese mixture. Pour in 1/2 of the pesto. Layer with 1/2 of the sun-dried tomatoes. Layer with 1/3 of the provolone cheese, remaining cream cheese mixture, remaining pesto, and remaining sun-dried tomatoes. Top with remaining provolone cheese.
- Pull cheese cloth around the layered mixture and gently press into a bowl to mold and remove excess oil. Chill in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours. Remove cheese cloth and invert onto serving platter.
- Garnish as desired with basil, sun-dried tomatoes, pine nuts, lemon wedges, olive oil, etc.
More about "sun dried tomato and pesto torta food"
SUN-DRIED TOMATO PESTO TORTA - WEBMD
Cuisine ItalianCategory DinnerServings 6Calories 183 per serving
- Add half (4 ounces) of light cream cheese and 1/3 cup of pesto to small mixing bowl. Beat on LOW speed until blended very well.
- Add sun-dried tomatoes, tomato paste, and remaining light cream cheese to a small food processor and pulse until mixture is well blended.
- Line a 2-3 cup souffle dish (or similar) with plastic wrap (enough so plenty is hanging over the sides). Spread half of the pesto mixture evenly in the bottom of the prepared dish. Top with half of the sun-dried tomato mixture, then the remaining pesto mixture. Then spread the remaining sun-dried tomato mixture evenly on top of the final pesto layer. Cover the torta well with the plastic wrap hanging outside the souffle dish. Chill in refrigerator overnight (can be made 2 days ahead).
- When ready to serve, unwrap the top of the torta, then invert torta onto a serving platter. Peel off plastic completely. Garnish the top with basil sprigs and toasted pine nuts if desired. Serve with baguette slices and/or crackers.
THIS SUN DRIED TOMATO AND PESTO TORTA IS A TRIP BACK IN …
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
SUN-DRIED TOMATO PESTO RECIPE - AN ITALIAN IN MY …
SUN-DRIED TOMATO PESTO PASTA RECIPE - COOKIE AND KATE
HOMEMADE SUN DRIED TOMATO PESTO RECIPE + VIDEO
SUN-DRIED TOMATO AND BASIL PESTO MASCARPONE TORTA …
SUN-DRIED TOMATO PESTO & MOZZARELLA TARTS RECIPE
SUN-DRIED TOMATO PESTO RECIPE - NO SPOON NECESSARY
SUN-DRIED TOMATO AND PESTO TORTA - ZENGARRY
THIS SUN-DRIED TOMATO AND PESTO TORTA IS THE HEIGHT …
PESTO & SUN DRIED TOMATO TORTA - FAMILY TABLE TREASURES
SUN-DRIED TOMATO WALNUT PESTO | BON APPéTIT
SUN-DRIED TOMATO PESTO RECIPE - JULIA CROCE | FOOD & WINE
SUN-DRIED TOMATO & PESTO TORTE - ELEGANT LAYERED ITALIAN SPREAD
SUN DRIED TOMATO AND PESTO TORTA (FOR JULIA) - NICOLE ALONI …
PESTO AND SUN-DRIED TOMATO TORTE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
PESTO AND SUN-DRIED CHEESE TORTA - EGOFELIX MAGAZINE
THIS SUN-DRIED TOMATO AND PESTO TORTA IS THE HEIGHT OF '90S …
SUN-DRIED TOMATO PESTO TORTA | RECIPES | STLTODAY.COM
SUN-DRIED TOMATO AND BASIL PESTO CHEESE TORTA - IMPROMPTU …
SUN-DRIED TOMATO PESTO - FOOD & FLAIR
SUN-DRIED TOMATO AND PESTO TORTA - ANTIPASTI RECIPES
SUN-DRIED TOMATO AND BASIL PESTO CHEESE TORTA | MACKENZIE LIMITED
SUN-DRIED TOMATO PESTO PASTA SALAD - COOKING WITH ELO
SUN-DRIED TOMATO AND PESTO TORTA - CHAMPSDIET.COM
RECIPE: SUN-DRIED TOMATO AND PESTO TORTA (LIKE TRADER JOE'S) (FOOD ...
GORGONZOLA PESTO SUN DRIED TOMATOES RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
PESTO AND SUNDRIED TOMATO CHEESE TERRINE —AND GATHERING AGAIN
CREAM CHEESE TORTA WITH SUN-DRIED TOMATOES & PESTO - FAST
PESTO AND SUN-DRIED TOMATO CHEESE TORTA (HOLIDAY CHEESE BALL)
SUN-DRIED TOMATO PESTO RECIPE | LITTLE SPICE JAR
TRADER JOE'S - SUNDRIED TOMATO AND PESTO TORTA CALORIES, CARBS ...
TRADER JOE'S - DRIED TOMATO AND BASIL PESTO CHEESE TORTA
SUN-DRIED TOMATO PESTO - CUISINE WITH ME - QUICK AND EASY!
SUN-DRIED TOMATO AND PESTO TORTA RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
THIS SUN-DRIED TOMATO AND PESTO TORTA IS THE HEIGHT OF '90S …
SUN DRIED TOMATO CRACKERS RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
You'll also love