BLINIS WITH SMOKED SALMON
- To clarify the butter, melt it in a small saucepan over low heat. Using a spoon, remove white foam from surface of melted butter, and discard. Allow butter to sit 15 minutes. Pour off the golden liquid, leaving the sediment in the bottom of the saucepan. Set aside.
- Place buckwheat and all-purpose flours, baking powder, salt, egg, milk, and 1 tablespoon clarified butter in a large bowl; whisk until well combined.
- Heat 2 tablespoons clarified butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Drop batter into skillet, 1 tablespoon at a time. Cook until blinis are covered with bubbles, 1 to 2 minutes. Flip; cook until brown, about 1 minute more. Repeat with remaining batter.
- To serve, top blinis with the smoked salmon, 1/2 teaspoon creme fraiche, and a sprig of dill.
POI BLINI WITH SMOKED SALMON"LOMI LOMI" AND DILL CREME FRAICHE
- First, make the Dill Creme Fraiche. In a non-reactive mixing bowl, stir together all the ingredients. Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- For the Poi Blini, in a mixing bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, salt, and fresh herbs. Stir in the buttermilk, milk, and egg. Fold in the melted butter and the mashed taro. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let the batter rest in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- To make the blini, heat a nonstick griddle or skillet over medium heat. Spoon the batter onto the griddle 2 tablespoons at a time to form 3-inch pancakes and cook them until golden, 1 to 2 minutes per side, flipping them over when bubbles appear on the top. You should have a total of 16 blini.
- Put 2 poi blini on each serving plate. Spread them with the creme fraiche. Drape smoked salmon over each blini. Garnish with ikura, daikon sprouts, and micro greens, then drizzle lightly with olive oil. Serve immediately.
BLINIS WITH CREME FRAICHE AND SMOKED SALMON
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the blinis on a sheet pan covered with parchment paper and heat in the oven for 5 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Top each blini with a piece of smoked salmon. Add a dollop of creme fraiche and a sprig of dill.
SWEET POTATO BLINIS WITH CURED SALMON, CREME FRAICHE, AND CAVIAR
- Place prepared sweet potatoes in a medium saucepan and cover with water. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil, and cook until the potatoes are tender and can be mashed easily with a fork. Drain well and return to the saucepan. Add the honey and 4 tablespoons of the butter and mash until smooth. If possible, puree this mixture in food mill. In a small bowl, combine the milk and eggs and stir in the sweet potato puree. In another bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, salt and cayenne. Add the dry ingredients to the sweet potatoes and stir until just blended.
- Melt the remaining butter and reserve. Heat non-stick skillets over medium-heat and coat with some of melted butter. Drop sweet potato mixture into skillets in 1 1/2-tablespoon amounts. Turn once, cooking until golden and crisp, about 1 minute per side. Transfer to a large baking sheet. Repeat the process with the remaining butter and batter. The pancakes can stand at room temperature for 2 hours. Reheat in a 325 degree F. oven for 5 minutes before serving.
- To serve, arrange 3 blinis on a plate and garnish each with a slice of cured salmon, a dollop of creme fraiche and a small spoonful of caviar.
BLINI WITH SMOKED SALMON
- Combine both flours, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, and 1 tablespoon of the clarified butter, then whisk into the flour mixture. Heat 1 tablespoon of the clarified butter in a medium saute pan and drop the batter into the hot skillet, 1 tablespoon at a time. Cook over medium-low heat until bubbles form on the top side of the blini, about 2 minutes. Flip and cook for 1 more minute, or until brown. Repeat with the remaining batter. (I clean the hot pan with a dry paper towel between batches.) Set aside.
- To serve, top the blini with a piece of smoked salmon. Add a dollop of creme fraiche and a sprig of dill.
SMOKED SALMON AND DILL BLINIS
Blinis are small pancakes of Russian origin and are an easy-to-make appetizer! Preparation time does not include time needed for batter to rise!
Provided by Sydney Mike
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In large bowl, mix together buckwheat & all-purpose flour with salt.
- Sprinkle in yeast & mix well.
- Separate yolk & white of ONE egg, then set white aside, reserved.
- Whisk together remaining whole egg AND yolk of first egg, along with warm milk & 1 tablespoon melted butter.
- Pour egg mixture onto flour mixture & beat well to form smooth batter. Cover with plastic wrap & let rise in warm place 1-2 hours.
- In large bowl, whisk reserved egg white until stiff peaks form, then gently fold into batter.
- Preheat heavy-bottom frying pan or griddle & brush with melted butter.
- Drop tablespoons of batter onto pan, spacing well apart, & cook about 40 seconds, until bubbles appear on the surface.
- Flip over the blinis & cook for 30 seconds on other side.
- Wrap blinis in foil & keep warm in low-temperature oven. Repeat with remaining mixture, buttering pan each time.
- Combine creme fraiche & dill.
- Serve blinis topped with salmon & dollop of cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 576.7, Fat 30.2, SaturatedFat 16.5, Cholesterol 202, Sodium 611.3, Carbohydrate 51.8, Fiber 4.5, Sugar 1.1, Protein 26.2
More about "poi blini with smoked salmon lomi lomi and dill creme fraiche food"
BLINIS WITH SMOKED SALMON | RECIPETIN EATS
5/5 (6)Servings 35Cuisine European, WesternCategory Appetiser, Canape, Finger Food
SMOKED SALMON AND CREME FRAICHE BLINIS - NZ HERALD
POI BLINI WITH SMOKED SALMON LOMI LOMI AND DILL CREME FRAICHE …
POI BLINI WITH SMOKED SALMONLOMI LOMI AND DILL CREME FRAICHE …
COLD-SMOKED SALMON WITH DILL CRèME FRAîCHE - 9KITCHEN - NINE
POI BLINI WITH SMOKED SALMON"LOMI LOMI" AND DILL CREME …
POI BLINI WITH SMOKED SALMON "LOMI LOMI" AND DILL …
BUCKWHEAT BLINIS WITH SMOKED SALMON AND CRèME FRAîCHE
BLINIS WITH SMOKED SALMON AND DILL PâTé - DELICIOUS. MAGAZINE
BLINI WITH SMOKED SALMON - FOOD NETWORK CANADA
POI BLINI WITH SMOKED SALMON "LOMI LOMI" AND DILL CREME FRAICHE
BEST SMOKED SALMON BLINIS RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE BLINI - FOOD52
POI BLINI WITH SMOKED SALMON “LOMI LOMI” AND DILL CREME FRAICHE ...
BLINIS WITH SMOKED SALMON AND DILL CRèME FRAICHE
BLINIS WITH SMOKED SALMON AND DILL CREME FRAICHE - MYFOODBOOK
You'll also love