MOROCCAN FISH TAGINE
This delicious healthy dish common to North Africa, particularly Morocco, is one of my favorites when entertaining guests. The wonderful spices blended with fresh vegetables and fish is a crowd pleaser. The fish is marinated in a chermoula sauce to soak up all the wonderful spices prior to cooking. This dish is prepared in a traditional method in a ceramic tagine, but can be prepared in a heavy lidded pot. This dish as it cooks emits some of the most wonderful smells throughout the house. Serve with couscous or rice and crusty bread to mop up all the wonderful sauce!
Provided by winechef
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Mix 1/2 cup olive oil, 1/2 cup cilantro, parsley, lemon juice, garlic, paprika, ginger, cumin, salt, and saffron in a large glass or ceramic bowl. Add cod and mix well. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large pot or tagine. Layer onion rings, carrot matchsticks, and potato slices in the pot in that order. Remove cod from marinade and spread evenly over potatoes. Cover cod with green bell pepper rings and tomato strips. Sprinkle 1/4 cup cilantro on top. Pour marinade over cilantro.
- Cover pot tightly and cook over low heat until potatoes are tender and cod flakes easily with a fork, about 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 368.1 calories, Carbohydrate 22 g, Cholesterol 40.9 mg, Fat 21.4 g, Fiber 4.2 g, Protein 23.1 g, SaturatedFat 3 g, Sodium 289.4 mg, Sugar 5 g
MOROCCAN FISH TAGINE
Fish fillets poached in a spicy tomato sauce, an abundance of vegetables and chickpeas. This Moroccan Fish Tagine is the perfect topping for couscous and it is done in 30 minutes! Delicious and healthy doesn't get any better!
Provided by Deliciously Mediterranean
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Heat the tagine. Set the tagine on a low heat until warm; once the tagine is warm, increase the heat to a medium-high. If you're not using a tagine pot, skip the warm-up on low and heat your pot at medium-high.
- Sauté onions & peppers. Coat the tagine with a generous amount of olive oil (about 2 tbsp or more). Add in the onions, sauté until translucence, then add the bell peppers. Cover the tagine and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add spices, tomatoes, garlic & harissa. Once the bell peppers have begun to soften, add in the spices and stir to coat the peppers and bloom the flavours. Add the tomatoes and garlic. Cover the tagine and simmer for 3-4 minutes ⏤ if the tomatoes are really dry, add 2 tbsp of water from your water cup.
- Toss in the chickpeas, bouillon powder, & water. Open the lid, add the chickpeas and bouillon powder and give everything a good stir. Pour the water over the mixture and cover the tagine for 10 minutes.
- Time for cilantro & fish. Remove the lid and taste the sauce; you may wish to adjust the salt at this point. I don't usually add any salt to the dish since the bouillon powder is pretty salty already, but it's a good time to check. Stir in the cilantro, then place the fish on top of the sauce. Cover the tagine, and simmer for 7 minutes.
- Braise, Simmer & Cover. Now the fish has been cooking for 7 minutes and is becoming soft. Scoop some of the sauce on top of the fish and move the chickpeas to the side so the fish can be submerged into the sauce. Cover and continue cooking for 4 minutes
- Serve and enjoy.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 383 calories, Carbohydrate 22 grams carbohydrates, Cholesterol 99 milligrams cholesterol, Fat 12 grams fat, Fiber 6 grams fiber, Protein 47 grams protein, SaturatedFat 2 grams saturated fat, ServingSize 1, Sodium 547 milligrams sodium, Sugar 4 grams sugar, TransFat 0 grams trans fat, UnsaturatedFat 9 grams unsaturated fat
FISH TAGINE WITH OLIVES (MOROCCAN STEW)
Here is another wonderful recipe for all you tagine lovers. This one is to be prepared in a cooking tagine.
Provided by FDADELKARIM
Yield 3 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 21
- Peel the potatoes & cut them into strips, about the size of a large french fry. Put them into a bowl & rinse. Then sprinkle paprika over the potatoes, turning them several times to make sure they are all covered.
- Place the tomato sauce, olive oil, water, tomato, onions, & spices in a medium or large tagine. Stir to mix all the ingredients, then lay the potatoes on top of the sauce. Cover & cook on low heat for 30 minutes.
- While the potatoes are cooking, mix the ingredients of the charmoula in a small bowl. Place the fillets into a shallow bowl or dish, pour half the mixture over top of the fish & let it marinate for 30 minutes.
- Boil the olives in a small sauce pan of water for 5 minutes to remove their bitterness. Once done, drain the water & stir the rest of the charmoula in with the olives, set aside to be used later.
- Stir the sauce in the tagine then place the fish fillets on top of the potatoes. Scatter the lemon & olives on the fish & pour all the remaining charmoula over the fish.
- Cover the tagine & continue to cook on low heat for another hour. The tagine is done once the potatoes are tender.
- Serve in the tagine with thick bread to scoop up the sauce & fish. Make sure you protect your table because the tagine will stay hot for a time.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 285, Fat 8.6, SaturatedFat 1.2, Cholesterol 61.6, Sodium 1483.1, Carbohydrate 31.9, Fiber 5.3, Sugar 5.9, Protein 21.2
MOROCCAN MEATBALL TAGINE WITH LEMON & OLIVES
- Put the onions in a food processor and blitz until finely chopped. Put the lamb, lemon zest, spices, parsley and half the onions in a large bowl, and season. Using your hands, mix until well combined, then shape into walnut-sized balls.
- Heat the oil in a large flameproof dish, or tagine with a lid, then add the remaining onions, ginger, chilli and saffron. Cook for 5 mins until the onion is softened and starting to colour. Add the lemon juice, stock, tomato purée and olives, then bring to the boil. Add the meatballs, one at a time, then reduce the heat, cover with the lid and cook for 20 mins, turning the meatballs a couple of times.
- Remove lid, then add the coriander and lemon wedges, tucking them in between the meatballs. Cook, uncovered, for a further 10 mins until the liquid has reduced and thickened slightly. Serve hot with couscous or fresh crusty bread.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 394 calories, Fat 26 grams fat, SaturatedFat 9 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 11 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 8 grams sugar, Fiber 3 grams fiber, Protein 31 grams protein, Sodium 1.7 milligram of sodium
MOROCCAN BAKED FISH WITH POTATOES, PEPPERS AND OLIVES
Bake fish Moroccan-style with spices, herbs, tomatoes and olives. This easy all-in-one recipe can be served immediately or at room temperature, making it perfect for a dinner party. Double or triple it if you'd like, and include it as part of a buffet. With a good bottle of wine, it will feel just like summer.
Provided by Florence Fabricant
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Combine garlic, parsley, cilantro, cumin, paprika and saffron in a dish big enough for the fish. Mix vinegar, lemon juice and tomato paste in a small bowl. Add to dish and mix. Place fillets in the dish, turning to coat them, cover and set aside to marinate 2 hours at room temperature, 3 hours if refrigerated.
- Place potatoes in a saucepan, add water to cover, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes. Drain.
- Brush a baking dish that can go to the table and will hold the fish in a single layer with a little of the oil. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spread potatoes in the dish, season with salt and pepper, and place fish fillets on top. Scatter peppers and tomatoes over fish. Add a little more salt and pepper. Spoon any excess marinade over fish, strew with olives, drizzle with remaining oil and bake about 30 minutes, until fish is just cooked through.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 384, UnsaturatedFat 11 grams, Carbohydrate 31 grams, Fat 14 grams, Fiber 6 grams, Protein 35 grams, SaturatedFat 2 grams, Sodium 1127 milligrams, Sugar 6 grams
MOROCCAN FISH TAGINE WITH TOMATOES, OLIVES, AND PRESERVED LEMONS
- Heat a small skillet over medium heat. Add cumin seeds and cook until toasted and fragrant; grind to a fine powder. Transfer cumin to a mortar or jar of a blender and add garlic, salt, paprika, parsley, cilantro, pulp of preserved lemon, and olive oil. Puree to make a charmoula, using a pestle or by blending.
- Rinse fish and pat dry. If using monkfish, cut away grey membrane and divide the fish into 4 equal pieces. Rub half of the charmoula all over fish; let stand for 1 hour at room temperature or up to 24 hours, refrigerated. Add 1/2 cup water to remaining charmoula, cover, and keep refrigerated.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Spread 2 tablespoons reserved charmoula over the bottom of a tagine; sprinkle with carrots and celery. Add half of the tomatoes and bell peppers; top with fish and drizzle with some of the charmoula. Add remaining tomatoes and bell peppers and spread remaining charmoula over top.
- Chop preserved lemon peel and sprinkle around fish along with olives and bay leaves. Cover tagine with parchment paper-lined aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove tagine from oven and pour liquid from dish into a small nonreactive saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat until thickened and reduced to 1/2 cup; pour back over fish.
- Increase oven temperature to 500 degrees. Baste fish with pan juices and bake, uncovered, in top third of oven until a crust has formed over the vegetables, about 10 minutes. Transfer tagine to a wooden surface or a folded kitchen towel to prevent cracking. Garnish with cilantro sprigs; serve warm or hot.
FISH TAGINE WITH SAFFRON & ALMONDS
A low calorie Moroccan fish stew flavoured with saffron, almonds, cinnamon, ginger and more. It's ideal for entertaining- make a batch ahead and freeze
Provided by Cassie Best
Categories Main course
Number Of Ingredients 20
- Heat the oil in a large pan. Add the onion and cook for a few mins until soft. Meanwhile, put the saffron in the hot stock and leave to steep. Add the garlic, ginger and chilli to the pan and cook for a few mins more. Tip in the spices and tomato purée, stir for a few mins until fragrant, then add the tomatoes, ground almonds, orange zest and juice, honey and saffron-scented stock, making sure that you use all of the saffron strands. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 mins, until the tomatoes have broken down and the sauce has thickened a little.
- Add the fish to the pan, making sure the pieces are all nestled under the sauce. Cover with a lid and simmer on a low heat for 2-3 mins until just cooked. Check seasoning, add the coriander and scatter with the toasted almonds. Serve scattered with the chilli, along with some couscous and a blob of natural yogurt, if you like.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 299 calories, Fat 11 grams fat, SaturatedFat 1 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 10 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 9 grams sugar, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 41 grams protein, Sodium 0.7 milligram of sodium
MOROCCAN TAGINE WITH FISH AND RICE
- Set a large Moroccan Tagine over low heat. (You could also use a large sauté pan with a tight lid.) Add the oil, onions, cilantro, garlic, and ginger. Sauté for 5-8 minutes.
- Then mix in the cumin, coriander, cinnamon and rice. Stir and toast the spices and rice another 2 minutes.
- Add the diced tomatoes, chickpeas, raisins, apricots, lemon zest and juice, and 1 ½ teaspoons salt to the rice. Mix well and spread evenly across the bottom of the pan. Then pour 1 ½ cups water over the top.
- Place the cover over the tagine and cook for 15-20 minutes. Do not lift the lid until the 15 minutes mark. The rice should look dry on top, and there should be vent hole apparent. If it does not look fully cooked, cover and continue cooking for 5 more minutes.
- Adding Fish: If you plan to add fish at the end, pat the fish fillets dry. Then salt and pepper them liberally on both sides.
- One the rice has cooked for at least 15 minutes, lay the fish fillets over the top of the rice and cover. You can either turn off the heat and let them steam for 5-10 minutes, or if needed, you can continue cooking the rice for another 5 minutes, then turn off the heat. Either way, fish fillets under ½ inch thick will cook through on top of the rice in 5-10 minutes.
- Then remove the lid and sprinkle the top with fresh chopped mint, cilantro, and toasted almonds. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 serving, Calories 578 kcal, Carbohydrate 91 g, Protein 15 g, Fat 20 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, Sodium 559 mg, Fiber 12 g, Sugar 24 g
MOROCCAN TAGINE WITH OLIVES AND ARTICHOKE HEARTS
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir chicken, onion, and garlic in hot oil until the chicken is no longer pink in the center, about 15 minutes.
- Stir garbanzo beans, diced tomatoes with juice, vegetable broth, artichoke hearts, carrot, olives, sugar, lemon juice, salt, coriander, and cayenne pepper into the chicken mixture; bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 229.1 calories, Carbohydrate 31.2 g, Cholesterol 20.3 mg, Fat 5.4 g, Fiber 6.7 g, Protein 14.1 g, SaturatedFat 0.8 g, Sodium 1219.7 mg, Sugar 6.1 g
MOROCCAN FISH TAGINE WITH PEPPERS AND OLIVES
- Mix first 7 ingredients in medium bowl. Add fish and turn to coat. Refrigerate 2 hours, turning fish occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Arrange carrot slices over bottom of 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish. Layer half of tomatoes, half of onion and half of lemon over. Season with half of salt and pepper.
- Drain marinade from fish; reserve marinade. Arrange fish atop lemon slices. Top fish with remaining tomato, onion and lemon slices. Season with remaining salt and pepper. Top decoratively with red pepper strips and olives. Pour reserved marinade over. Cover dish with foil. Bake 40 minutes.
- Increase oven temperature to 400°F. and bake until fish flakes easily and vegetables are tender, about 25 minutes. Garnish with additionally parsley.
MOROCCAN FISH TAGINE (MQUALLI)
- Gather the ingredients.
- Make chermoula marinade . Reserve and refrigerate half of the chermoula, and mix remaining half with fish.
- Cover fish and refrigerate, allowing it to marinate for two hours or overnight.
- Roast peppers , peel and seed them, and cut them into strips. Or, alternatively, slice raw pepper into rings. Set aside.
- Pour olive oil into a tagine , and distribute onion slices across bottom. Criss-cross celery or carrot sticks in center to form a bed for the fish.
- Mix potato slices with ginger, salt, pepper, turmeric, and saffron, and arrange potatoes around perimeter of tagine. Top potato with tomato slices, then distribute reserved chermoula over vegetables.
- Add fish and its marinade to center of tagine, and arrange strips of pepper on top of fish in a decorative manner. Garnish tagine with lemon and olives, and sprinkle salt and pepper over all.
- Cover tagine and cook over low to medium-low heat for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, or until the fish and potatoes are finished. Reduce sauce if necessary until it is quite thick.
- Serve tagine directly from dish in which it was cooked, with Moroccan bread for scooping up the fish and sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 572 kcal, Carbohydrate 47 g, Cholesterol 86 mg, Fiber 8 g, Protein 46 g, SaturatedFat 4 g, Sodium 1217 mg, Sugar 12 g, Fat 26 g, ServingSize 4 to 6 servings, UnsaturatedFat 0 g
More about "moroccan fish tagine with peppers and olives food"
CLASSIC MOROCCAN FISH TAGINE WITH ... - TASTE OF MAROC
4.6/5 (25)Total Time 2 hrsCategory MainCalories 377 per serving
- Place all chermoula ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine. If the marinade is thick and paste-like, thin its consistency with a little more oil or lemon juice or a tablespoon or two of water.
- Add the olive oil to the base of a large tagine or a deep skillet. Add the sliced onion, covering as much of the tagine as possible. This serves as a bed for the remaining ingredients.
- Add 1/4 to 1/2 cup water to the tagine, cover and place over medium-low to medium heat. (Use a diffuser beneath the tagine if cooking over a heat source other than gas.)
TAGINE BIL HUT: MOROCCAN FISH STEW WITH OLIVES, …
Estimated Reading Time 8 mins
MOROCCAN CHICKEN TAGINE WITH APRICOTS AND ... - COLOR …
Servings 4Estimated Reading Time 1 minCategory Poultry
MOROCCAN FISH TAGINE - COOK'S ILLUSTRATED
Estimated Reading Time 7 mins
TANGY FISH TAGINE WITH PRESERVED LEMONS, OLIVES, AND ...
5/5 (1)Category Main CourseCuisine MediterraneanCalories 440 per serving
MOROCCAN VEGETARIAN TAGINE RECIPE - OLIVEMAGAZINE
Cuisine MoroccanTotal Time 40 minsCategory Dinner, LunchCalories 187 per serving
10 BEST MOROCCAN SEAFOOD TAGINE RECIPES - YUMMLY
MOROCCAN FISH RECIPES - WONDERFUL MOROCCAN DISH
FISH TAGINE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE MOROCCAN FISH TAGINE
5/5 (12)Total Time 2 hrs 30 minsServings 6
- Start preparing Moroccan fish tagine by covering your fish of choice in the chermoula marinade. Rub the marinade into the fish, then cover and leave to rest in the refrigerator for a minimum of 2 hours.
- While your fish is marinating, you can start to chop up your vegetables and prepare your spices. First, slice your bell peppers into strips before dicing your onion. Slice your potatoes and tomatoes as thinly as you can, and roughly chop your carrots into short sticks.
- Once your fish has been marinated for long enough to be infused with the flavors of the chermoula, you can start arranging the ingredients in the tagine pot after adding a drizzle of oil to the bottom.
- First, you need to create a base for the fish. Place your onions and carrots114- in the center of the tagine pot, but leave space around them for the potatoes and tomatoes.
MOROCCAN FISH - THE TASTE OF KOSHER
4.9/5 (18)Category Dairy Free Dinner RecipesCuisine IsraeliCalories 384 per serving
- When all the ingredients have incorporated into a sauce, add the tilapia and poach until cooked. Add salt to taste.
MOROCCAN CHICKEN AND OLIVE TAGINE - KOSHER COWBOY RECIPES
5/5 (2)Total Time 1 hr 5 minsCategory DinnerCalories 447 per serving
- Heat oil in heavy skillet. Add chicken, and brown on all sides. Remove to platter. Add onions to skillet, and cook over medium-low heat about 15 minutes, until lightly browned. Transfer to tagine, if you are using one, or leave in skillet. Add cinnamon stick.
- Put chicken on onions. Scatter with olives. Quarter the lemons and cut skin in strips. Spread over chicken. Add stock and lemon juice and pour over chicken.
- Cover tagine or skillet. Place over low heat, and cook about 30 minutes, until chicken is done. Scatter parsley on top, and serve.
22 FABULOUS MOROCCAN TAGINE RECIPES - OUR BIG ESCAPE
- Moroccan Tagine Recipes – Chicken Tagine with Preserved Lemons and Olives. This colorful Moroccan stew offers deep spices, but stays light and bright with tart citrus, briny green olives and fresh cilantro.
- Moroccan Tagine Recipes – Beef Moroccan Tagine With Squash, Sticky Prunes & Chickpeas. Spicy, fragrant and sweet, the perfect beef tagine doesn't need special equipment, just time.
- Moroccan Tagine Recipes – Moroccan Tagine Vegetable Recipes. I added in zucchini, sweet potato, ras al hanout spice mix, and chopped dried apricots, served over bulgur wheat and sprinkled with toasted pine nuts.
- Moroccan Tagine Recipes – Chicken Tagine with Apricots, Figs, and Olives (Tagine Djaj Bzitoun ) Briny olives, sweet apricots and figs, and tart preserved lemons flavor this aromatic North African braised chicken stew.
- Moroccan Tagine Recipes – Spiced Lamb Moroccan Tagine. This lamb tagine gets its vibrancy from spices like cinnamon, cumin, turmeric, and cardamom. If raisins aren’t your thing, swap them out for another dried fruit like apricots, tart cherries, or prunes—just chop them so they’re raisin-sized.
- Moroccan Tagine Recipes – Apricot Chicken Tagine with Ginger & Mint. Moroccan tagine is an easy to prepare, family-friendly medley of warm spices, tender meats, fresh vegetables, and dried fruits.
- Moroccan Tagine Recipes – Moroccan Fish Tagine. Fish fillets poached in a spicy tomato sauce, and an abundance of vegetables and chickpeas. This Moroccan Fish Tagine is the perfect topping for couscous, and it’s done in 30 minutes!
- Moroccan Tagine Recipes – Chicken Moroccan Tagine. Plan for it to last multiple meals. Used skinless breasts. Cooked for an hour and it came out cooked and moist.
- Moroccan Tagine Recipes – Vegetable Moroccan Tagine. Tagines are flavorful Moroccan stews loaded with cooked vegetables and signature spices like cumin, coriander and ginger.
- Moroccan Tagine Recipes – Moroccan Chicken Tagine. Serve this zesty North African stew made with kamut, a deliciously plump and chewy ancient wheat. It’s an inexpensive staple you’ll find in bulk and natural food stores.
BAKED FISH TAGINE WITH POTATOES, TOMATOES AND PEPPERS
4.5/5 (16)Total Time 1 hr 30 minsCategory Dinner, Entree, Main CourseCalories 300 per serving
OVEN BAKED FISH WITH CHERMOULA AND ... - MY MOROCCAN FOOD
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
A LIST OF BEST MOROCCAN DISHES RECIPES: MOROCCAN FISH ...
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
MOROCCAN KEFTA TAGINE WITH EGGS RECIPE - FOOD AND DRINK ...
4.5/5 (4)Total Time 1 hr 20 minsCategory RecipesCalories 793 per serving
EASY MOROCCAN RECIPES - OLIVEMAGAZINE
MOROCCAN FISH TAGINE : RECIPE - GOURMETSLEUTH
MOROCCAN BAKED FISH TAGINE WITH VEGETABLES - COOK.ME RECIPES
Cuisine Mediterranean, MoroccanTotal Time 1 hr 30 minsServings 4Calories 778 per serving
MOROCCAN FISH TAGINE WITH PRESERVED LEMON RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
MOROCCAN SEAFOOD RECIPES - THERESCIPES.INFO
MOROCCAN FISH TAGINE WITH PEPPERS AND OLIVES - BIGOVEN
MOROCCAN FISH TAGINE WITH GINGER & SAFFRON
MOROCCAN FISH RECIPE: TRADITIONAL AFRICAN TAGINE - UNO CASA
ASTRAY RECIPES: MOROCCAN FISH TAGINE WITH PEPPERS AND OLIVES
MOROCCAN FISH TAGINE PEPPERS OLIVES - COOKEATSHARE
FISH TAGINE WITH OLIVES - WOMLAN.COM
AMERICA’S TEST KITCHEN MOROCCAN FISH TAGINE (EP 2110 ...
THE BEST TAGINE RECIPES 25 ORIGINAL MOROCCAN TAGINE ...
MOROCCAN FISH TAGINE WITH PEPPERS AND OLIVES FOOD
TAGINE RECIPES - LINSFOOD
MOROCCAN FISH TAGINE WITH GINGER & SAFFRON | FISH TAGINE ...
MOROCCAN FISH TAGINE WITH PRESERVED LEMON
FISH TAGINE WITH OLIVES (MOROCCAN STEW) RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
You'll also love