GRILLED CHICKEN WITH YOGURT MARINADE
Boneless skinless chicken thighs are a reliable choice when it comes to grilling chicken. They're thinner than breasts, so they cook more evenly, and the higher fat content makes them difficult to overcook. In this recipe inspired by Turkish chicken kebabs, a yogurt and herb marinade makes them supremely tender and helps them brown beautifully on the grill. While some citrus-heavy marinades begin to break down chicken after just a few hours, this marinade uses only the zest, saving the juice for a quick squeeze before serving. The result is incredibly tender chicken you can prep up to a day in advance. Oregano and thyme work well together here, but feel free to play around with herbs and use what you have on hand, or substitute dried herbs in a pinch.
Provided by Lidey Heuck
Categories poultry, main course
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large bowl, combine the yogurt, garlic, oregano, thyme, olive oil, salt and pepper. Zest the lemon over the bowl, reserving the rest of the lemon for serving. Whisk until smooth.
- Add the chicken thighs, toss to coat, then cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours, or up to 24. Remove chicken from the refrigerator 30 minutes before cooking.
- If using a grill, clean and oil the grates. Set the grill to medium-high or heat a grill pan slicked with olive oil on the stovetop over medium-high. Grill the chicken for 6 to 8 minutes on each side (depending on the thickness of the thighs), covering the grill halfway through if necessary to retain heat, until cooked through.
- Transfer the chicken thighs to a platter and squeeze half the lemon over them. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and parsley, and serve with lemon wedges on the side if desired.
TANDOORI SPICED CHICKEN BREAST WITH GRILLED TOMATO JAM AND HERBED YOGURT SAUCE
- Heat grill to medium-high. Combine all spices and the oil in a medium bowl to make a paste. Rub a thin layer of the spice paste onto 1 side of each chicken breast. Grill for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until slightly charred and just cooked through. Remove from the grill, let rest 5 minutes, and cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch thick slices. Serve openface on pitas: the chicken slices, a few dollops of Tomato Jam, and a drizzle of Herbed Yogurt.
- Heat grill to high. Brush tomatoes and serrano with oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill tomatoes and serrano on all sides until charred. Remove from the grill and coarsely chop.
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan on the grates of the grill or on the side burners. Add the onion and cook until soft. Add the tomatoes, serrano, balsamic vinegar, and saffron and cook until thickened. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a bowl and let cool to room temperature before serving.
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Refrigerate if not using immediately.
GRILLED CHICKEN BREASTS IN SPICED YOGURT
- Whisk together 1 cup yogurt, 2 tablespoons oil, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, salt, and spices, then add chicken and turn until coated well. Marinate at room temperature 20 minutes.
- While chicken is marinating, prepare grill for cooking. If using a charcoal grill, open vents on bottom of grill, then light charcoal. Charcoal fire is medium-hot when you can hold your hand 5 inches above rack for 3 to 4 seconds. If using a gas grill, preheat burners on high, covered, 10 minutes, then reduce heat to moderate.
- While grill is heating, whisk together remaining 1 1/4 cups yogurt and 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice and salt to taste.
- Grill chicken (discard marinade), covered only if using gas grill, on lightly oiled grill rack, turning over occasionally, until just cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes total. Transfer chicken to a platter.
- Toss together mint, shallot, and remaining tablespoon oil in a small bowl. Drizzle chicken with yogurt sauce and top with mint salad.
GRILLED MARINATED CHICKEN BREAST WITH YOGURT AND ASIAN SPICES
The flavourful marinade for this recipe is jam-packed with aromatic spices. Expect your guests to be wowed when they taste this chicken paired with a savoury cucumber-based sauce! 2005 Canada Day Demonstration Recipe, Developed by Chef Fouad El-Jadayel, Executive Chef at Centurion Conference and Event Center.
Number Of Ingredients 22
- In a non-reactive bowl (plastic or glass), combine the yogurt with all the remaining ingredients.
- Stir until well blended. Add chicken breasts, cover and refrigerate. Marinate for at least 3 hours, or overnight for a richer flavour.
- Pre-heat broiler grill, grill pan, or outdoor grill.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and set aside.
- Make the sauce. Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan over moderate heat.
- Sauté the garlic, onion and cucumbers until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the curry, cumin and cayenne. Add the tomatoes and simmer until juicy, about 10 minutes.
- Add ½ cup (125 mL) of the marinade to the tomato sauce. Bring to a boil, lower heat, and simmer 1 minute.
- Purée the sauce in a blender or food processor. Strain through a sieve into a saucepan and season with ½ tsp (2.5 mL) of salt. Keep the sauce warm.
- Cook the chicken breasts over a hot grill or a preheated broiler until a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the chicken reads 165°F (74°C).
- Transfer the chicken breasts to a platter and serve with warm sauce.
Nutrition Facts :
SPICY GRILLED BUTTERMILK CHICKEN
Grilling tends to dry chicken but brining in buttermilk first ensures tender and juicy chicken. For this recipe, I seasoned the buttermilk with chipotle, coriander, cumin, and lime to give it a spicy Southwest flair.
Provided by Soup Loving Nicole
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Whisk buttermilk, cilantro, lime, garlic, chili powder, coriander, and cumin together in a bowl until smooth. Pour into a 1-gallon-sized resealable bag. Add chicken, close bag, and toss to coat. Refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Prepare an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Remove chicken from the marinade and discard any extra marinade. Grill chicken for 16 minutes, flipping at the halfway mark.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 311.9 calories, Carbohydrate 8.7 g, Cholesterol 134.1 mg, Fat 6.8 g, Fiber 0.9 g, Protein 51.6 g, SaturatedFat 2.2 g, Sodium 244 mg, Sugar 6.2 g
SPICY GRILLED CHICKEN
- In a shallow glass dish, mix the oil, lime juice, lime zest, garlic, oregano, red pepper flakes, salt, and black pepper. Add chicken, and turn to coat. Cover, and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour, turning occasionally.
- Preheat grill for medium-high heat.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken for 6 to 8 minutes each side, or until juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 242.2 calories, Carbohydrate 1 g, Cholesterol 67.1 mg, Fat 15.1 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 24.6 g, SaturatedFat 2.4 g, Sodium 446.4 mg, Sugar 0.1 g
YOGURT-MARINATED GRILLED CHICKEN
This dish is truly indestructible because the cutlets marinate in lots of yogurt, olive oil, and salt. That way they stay juicy, briny, and flavorful. Because they're pounded thin, they cook quickly and evenly, so there's not a lot of time spent poking and prodding and stressing about whether they're done.
Provided by Jenny Rosenstrach
Categories Chicken Fourth of July Yogurt Graduation Father's Day Backyard BBQ Dinner Lunch Summer Family Reunion Grill Grill/Barbecue Bon Appétit Wheat/Gluten-Free Peanut Free Tree Nut Free Soy Free No Sugar Added
Yield Makes 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Working with one chicken breast at a time, put chicken between 2 sheets of waxed paper and pound to 1/2" thickness. Transfer chicken breasts to a resealable plastic bag.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. Pour yogurt mixture over chicken, seal bag, and turn to coat. Marinate chicken in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Build a medium fire in a charcoal grill, or heat a gas grill to medium-high. Brush grill grates with oil. Scrape excess marinade off chicken; season with salt. Grill chicken, turning once, until browned and cooked through, 3-4 minutes per side.
YOGURT-MARINATED GRILLED CHICKEN
- Mix Greek yogurt, cilantro, lemon juice, garlic, salt, cumin, cayenne, and pepper together in a large bowl. Place chicken thighs in a large resealable plastic bag; cover with yogurt mixture.
- Let chicken marinate in the refrigerator, 3 to 8 hours.
- Bring chicken to room temperature, about 30 minutes. Pour off marinade.
- Preheat grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate. Grill chicken, turning occasionally, until grill marks form, about 5 minutes per side.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 246.7 calories, Carbohydrate 1.8 g, Cholesterol 102.5 mg, Fat 13.4 g, Fiber 0.3 g, Protein 28.2 g, SaturatedFat 4.1 g, Sodium 490.7 mg, Sugar 0.9 g
GRILLED CHICKEN BREASTS IN SPICED YOGURT
- Stir together 1 cup yogurt, 2 tablespoons oil, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, salt and spices.
- Add chicken and turn until well coated.
- Marinate at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- While the chicken is marinating, preheat grill.
- While grill is heating, stir together remaining 1 1/4 cups yogurt and 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice and salt to taste.
- Reduce grill to moderate heat.
- Grill chicken (discard marinade), on lightly oiled grill rack, turning occasionally (closing grill between turns), until cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes total.
- Transfer chicken to a platter.
- Toss together mint, shallot and remaining oil in a small bowl.
- Drizzle chicken with yogurt sauce and top with mint salad.
YOGURT GRILLED CHICKEN BREAST WITH PINEAPPLE ROASTED RED PEPPER SALSA
- Mix the yogurt, olive oil, garlic, basil, oregano, lemon zest, salt and hot sauce together in a large bowl. Add the chicken and toss well to coat. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat a cast iron grill pan over high heat for 4 to 5 minutes or preheat an outdoor grill. Place the chicken on the grill and cook for 4 minutes per side, until the chicken is firm to the touch.
- Platter and garnish with lemon slices. Serve warm or at room temperature with salsa on the side.
- Place all the ingredients in a small mixing bowl and mix well. Place in a decorative bowl and serve.
THE BEST GRILLED CHICKEN BREASTS
Say good-bye to dry, stringy grilled chicken breast. We've come up with the best method for supremely tender, flavor-packed meat that marinates in 30 minutes and grills in just 10. The key ingredients in the marinade are yogurt and lemon, which deliver a one-two punch of gentle tenderizing and immense flavor -- without making the chicken rubbery like some ultra-acidic marinades can. The yogurt also adheres to the exterior, creating a crispier "crust" that locks in the juiciness. The perfect partner for grilled vegetables or all kinds of potatoes, this chicken is equally delicious chopped and served cold on salads or grain or noodle bowls.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Working with one chicken breast at a time, place the chicken between 2 pieces of plastic wrap or parchment paper. Gently pound with a meat mallet to 1/2 inch thick then transfer to a large bowl.
- Combine the yogurt, lemon zest, lemon juice, scallion whites, garlic, olive oil, 2 teaspoons salt and a few grinds of black pepper to a food processor and process until smooth. Pour the marinade over the chicken. Turn the chicken a few times to coat then submerge in the marinade. Cover the bowl with a clean dish towel and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes but no more than 3 hours.
- Meanwhile, heat a grill to medium.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade to a large platter, letting any excess marinade drip back into the bowl. Season the chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of black pepper. Grill, covered, flipping once halfway through, until a digital thermometer registers 165 degrees F, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Let rest 5 minutes before serving.
- Thinly slice the scallion greens on a bias and sprinkle over the chicken. Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
GRILLED SPICED CHICKEN BREASTS
- In an electric spice grinder or blender grind fine coriander seeds, bay leaves, peppercorns, and cloves. Pat chicken dry and rub ground spices and salt all over it. Grill chicken on an oiled rack 4 inches above glowing coals 5 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. Alternatively, grill chicken in a preheated well-seasoned ridged grill pan.
- Serve chicken with Creole sauce and garnish with thyme sprigs.
SPICY CHICKEN BREASTS WITH TAHINI-YOGURT SAUCE
Oooh, I can't wait to make this one - I love Middle Eastern food! From the net for Zaar World Tour 05!
Provided by currybunny
Categories Chicken Breast
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and the spices in a small bowl. Put the chicken and spices in a mixing bowl and toss. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Put the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in an ovenproof skillet over medium heat.
- Brown the chicken 1½ to 2 minutes on the meaty side, then turn and brown for 3 to 4 minutes on the skin side. Pour out any excess oil. Transfer the skillet to the oven and cook for about 30 minutes, or until the chicken is just cooked through. Serve with Tahini-Yogurt Sauce.
- Tahini-Yoghurt Sauce:.
- Mix tahini, yogurt, lemon juice, cilantro, garlic, and honey together in a bowl. Season with salt, pepper, and cayenne to taste. Serve at room temperature. Refrigerate if not using immediately, but this sauce should not be kept more than 24 hours.
SPICY HERB MARINATED GRILLED CHICKEN
- Puree cumin, coriander, peppercorn and cardamom in a blender until very fine. Add parsley, mint, oregano, garlic, fresno, salt, vinegar and ¼ cup oil and puree until a thick pesto like paste forms. Place chicken in a large resealable plastic bag and pour in marinade. Seal bag, pressing out any air. Chill at least 3 hours and up to 24.
- Prepare a grill for medium-high, indirect heat (for a charcoal grill, bank coals on one side of grill; for a gas grill, leave one or two burners off). Thoroughly clean grates and brush with oil. Set chickens, skin side up, on grate over indirect heat. Cover grill, placing cover vent (if your grill has one) over chickens so it draws heat up and over them. Grill, rotating chickens as needed so that they color evenly, until skins are lightly browned, 15-20 minutes.
- Turn chickens and continue to cook, covered, until skins are deep golden brown and crisp and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of breasts registers 160°, 20-25 minutes. Transfer chickens to a cutting board and let rest at least 10 minutes before carving.
- Mix olives, lemon juice, chopped parsley, remaining ¼ cup oil, and any accumulated juices from chicken on the cutting board in a medium bowl. Season with salt.
- To serve, arrange carved chickens on a platter and top with olive mixture and parsley leaves.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 196.9, Fat 16.3, SaturatedFat 2.3, Sodium 4850, Carbohydrate 13.6, Fiber 6.7, Sugar 1.5, Protein 2.3
GRILLED CURRY CHICKEN BREASTS
Plan ahead to let the chicken breasts marinate in a yogurt-based curry marinade.
Provided by thedailygourmet
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Mix together coriander, curry powder, garam masala, garlic, salt, and pepper in a glass bowl. Add vinegar and yogurt and mix to combine. Transfer mixture to a large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken breasts to mixture, coat well, cover, and marinate for 8 hours, or overnight, in a refrigerator.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Discard marinade and cook until chicken breast is no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 5 minutes per side. Grill time will depend on thickness of chicken breast. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 146 calories, Carbohydrate 2.6 g, Cholesterol 66 mg, Fat 3.3 g, Fiber 0.7 g, Protein 25 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Sodium 218.7 mg, Sugar 1.6 g
GRILLED CHICKEN BREASTS WITH FETA-YOGURT SAUCE
This easy grilled chicken dish gets its extraordinary flavor from a creamy yogurt sauce made with garlic, rosemary and feta.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Combine all ingredients except chicken. Reserve 1/2 cup yogurt mixture. Pour remaining over chicken in shallow dish; turn to evenly coat each breast.
- Refrigerate chicken, and reserved sauce, 30 min. to marinate.
- Heat grill to medium heat. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Grill chicken 6 to 8 min. on each side or until done (165ºF). Serve reserved sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 200, Fat 8 g, SaturatedFat 3 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 80 mg, Sodium 230 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 0 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 30 g
SPICY GRILLED CHICKEN BREASTS
A quick , tasty and spicy grilled chicken dish. Tastes best when done on a bbq, but just as tasty on an indoor grill. For more spice, use Frank's Extra Hot or sprinkle some cayenne pepper over the breasts.
Provided by Nat5963
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Coat both sides of chicken breasts in Frank's Red Hot.
- Sprinkle both sides generously with garlic powder.
- Sprinkle both sides with black pepper.
- Let stand in fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Spray grill with oil.
- Preheat on high for 10 minutes.
- Transfer chicken breasts to grill with tongs and cook for 7-10 minutes on each side until done.
- Baste with hot sauce while cooking for more flavour.
GRILLED CHICKEN WITH CURRIED YOGURT
- Place chicken pieces in large bowl and add Curried Yogurt Marinade. Mix well. Cover and refrigerate for a few hours.
- Cook on grill over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes on each side. Watch out for flames! Remove from heat and serve a few chicken pieces per person. Serve with salad and steamed green beans.
- Curried Yogurt Marinade: In bowl, mix together all ingredients and refrigerate.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 327.6, Fat 24.4, SaturatedFat 6.7, Cholesterol 85.6, Sodium 103, Carbohydrate 4.7, Fiber 0.5, Sugar 3.3, Protein 21.7
More about "grilled chicken breasts in spiced yogurt food"
YOGURT-MARINATED GRILLED CHICKEN RECIPE - TOM MYLAN
5/5 Category Grilling
- In a large resealable plastic bag, mix the yogurt with the cilantro, lemon juice, garlic, cayenne, cumin, 2 teaspoons of salt and 1 teaspoon of pepper. Add the chicken halves and turn to coat. Seal the bag and transfer to a baking dish. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight. Bring the chicken to room temperature before grilling.
- Set up a gas grill for indirect grilling, then heat to 400° and oil the grate. Remove the chicken from the marinade, scraping off any excess; discard the marinade. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Set the chicken skin side up on the grate over indirect heat. Close the grill and cook, turning once, until the chicken is browned and nearly cooked through, about 25 minutes; use a spray bottle filled with water to stop flare-ups.
- Reduce the heat to moderately low. Flip the chicken and grill it over direct heat, turning occasionally, until lightly charred and an instant-read thermometer inserted in the inner thighs registers 160°, about 15 minutes more. Transfer the chicken to a carving board and let rest for 10 minutes before carving.
SPICY YOGURT CHICKEN WITH CUCUMBER MINT SAUCE …
YOGURT MARINATED SPICED CHICKEN BREAST - EVERYDAY …
YOGURT-MARINATED GRILLED CHICKEN RECIPE - BON APPéTIT
5-INGREDIENT LEMON YOGURT MARINATED GRILLED CHICKEN …
THE BEST GRILLED CHICKEN - ONCE UPON A CHEF
YOGURT MARINATED CHICKEN | FOOD DEVOTED
GRILLED CHICKEN BREASTS IN SPICED YOGURT - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
GRILLED CHICKEN BREASTS IN SPICED YOGURT - CHAMPSDIET.COM
SPICED YOGURT MARINATED GRILLED CHICKEN BREAST | SPAR
SPICY YOGURT GRILLED CHICKEN - CENTER FOR WEIGHT LOSS SUCCESS …
TANDOORI-SPICED GRILLED CHICKEN THIGHS WITH CUCUMBER-YOGURT …
CHICKEN SIMMERED IN SPICED YOGURT RECIPE | FOOD & WINE
INDIAN SPICED GRILLED CHICKEN - THE LEMON BOWL®
CHICKEN LEGS MARINATED IN YOGURT AND SPICES - FOOD & WINE
SPICED YOGURT GRILLED CHICKEN PITAS - LEMOINE FAMILY KITCHEN
YOGURT-RUBBED GRILLED CHICKEN MEAL KIT DELIVERY | GOODFOOD
SPICY GRILLED CHICKEN PITA WITH JALAPEñO YOGURT - WITH SPICE
GRILLED CHICKEN BREAST RECIPES - FOOD NETWORK
SHAWARMA-SPICED GRILLED CHICKEN WITH GARLIC YOGURT
YOGURT HERB MARINATED GRILLED CHICKEN - CLAUDIA'S TABLE
GRILLED CHICKEN SHAWARMA RECIPE - SKINNYTASTE
YOGURT-SPICED CHICKEN WITH GRILLED TOMATO KABOBS - CANADIAN …
INDIAN-SPICED GRILLED CHICKEN WITH YOGURT SAUCE
DINNER + LUNCH COMBO: GRILLED TIKKA-SPICED CHICKEN
GRILLED VEGETABLES & CHICKEN KEBAB | SPICY YOGURT SAUCE
CHICKEN WITH SPICED YOGURT MARINADE RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
GREEK YOGURT CHICKEN MARINADE | SPICY & FLAVORFUL
15 YOGURT-MARINATED CHICKEN RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
YOGURT MARINATED CHICKEN - COOKING CLASSY
You'll also love