EGGPLANT (AUBERGINE) WITH GARLIC CREAM SAUCE
This is an extraordinary recipe. The sauce is made with only 60 cloves of garlic! I've been astounding guest with this dish since 1981. Be daring, discover how mild & delicious the garlic sauce taste. The recipe came from a cookbook called "Sunday Best". Eggplant is my favorite vegetable. I've collected over 500 eggplant recipes over the years. It's not diffucult.
Provided by ameatlanta
Categories Savory Pies
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Salt and sweat the eggplant pieces for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven 400 degrees.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 Tb.
- olive oil, saute onion until limp and golden.
- Add rest of ingredients through salt& pepper.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer, uncovered for 30 minutes, until sauce is thick and chunky.
- Or use any tomato sauce you personally like.
- Best if thick and chunky.
- Boil the unpeeled garlic cloves in water to cover for 2 minutes.
- Can skip, if your cloves are already peeled.
- Drain, hit each clove lightly with mallet or flat side of large knife.
- Place in a small saucepan with stock to cover.
- Simmer for about 45 minutes.
- Replenish stock as needed.
- Whirl garlic and stock in blender until pureed.
- Set aside.
- Rinse and drain eggplant of salt.
- Brush a large baking sheet with 1/4 olive oil.
- Place in oven until hot.
- Place eggplant on hot pan.
- Bake 25-30 minutes.
- Check frequently, turn with tongs after 15 minutes, do not burn or allow to become crisp.
- Looking for soft, golden, and cooked eggplant.
- May need more oil.
- Drain and blot off oil with paper towel.
- Reduce oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat 4 Tbs.
- butter in heavy saucepan.
- Whisk in flour.
- Let roux cook over low heat, stirring constantly, for 3-4 minutes.
- Whisk in hot scalded milk.
- Cook gently, stirring frequently for 10-15 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste,.
- and stir in garlic puree.
- Remove from heat.
- Beat egg.
- Beat some of sauce into the egg to temper.
- Beat egg into sauce.
- Taste for seasoning.
- Place half of tomato sauce on bottom of a 2quart pan.
- Spread 1/2 tomato sauce on bottom, top with 1/2 eggplant slices, spread remaining tomato sauce over eggplant, top with remaining eggplant.
- Pour the garlic cream sauce over all.
- Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 45-60 minutes til golden brown and bubbling.
- Can be vegan leave off cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 367.3, Fat 18, SaturatedFat 9.4, Cholesterol 77.2, Sodium 266.5, Carbohydrate 42.4, Fiber 10.9, Sugar 12.6, Protein 14.6
EGGPLANT WITH POMEGRANATE SAUCE
Provided by Food Network
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Start the preparation the day before serving. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Lightly coat a baking sheet with olive oil.
- Remove the stem end from each eggplant. Slice the eggplants on the bias into 1/2-inch thick ovals. Spread the slices on the baking sheet in a single layer and brush with olive oil. Bake the eggplants 12 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Using a spatula, transfer the slices, overlapping slightly, to a shallow serving dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the pomegranate molasses, lemon juice, garlic, sugar, olive oil, and salt; blend well. Drizzle the sauce over the eggplant. Top with the mint, parsley and pomegranate seeds. Cover with plastic wrap and let stand until ready to serve. Can be refrigerated overnight, but is best served at room temperature.
EGGPLANT WITH GARLIC SAUCE
- Heat the canola oil in a skillet over high heat. Cook and stir the eggplant until soft, about 4 minutes. Stir in the water, red pepper flakes, and garlic powder. Cover and simmer until all the water is absorbed. Meanwhile, mix sugar, cornstarch, soy sauce, and oyster sauce in a bowl until sugar and cornstarch have dissolved. Stir sauce into the eggplant, making sure to evenly coat the eggplant. Cook until the sauce has thickened.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 186.8 calories, Carbohydrate 29.2 g, Fat 8 g, Fiber 13.2 g, Protein 4.9 g, SaturatedFat 0.7 g, Sodium 223.6 mg, Sugar 13.2 g
EGGPLANT (AUBERGINE) WITH HOT GARLIC SAUCE
This dish bursts with flavors from a combination of sweet, spicy, and savory followed by the refreshing crunch of fresh water chestnuts and scallions.
Provided by Rita1652
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Cut eggplant 1/2-inch wide by 2-inch long strips.
- Saute 1/2 the eggplant in 1/2 the oil in a non-stick pan/wok, until soft.
- When browned and soft, remove from pan about 5 minutes.
- Then repeat with rest of eggplant or sautee in 2 pans.
- On low heat, cook garlic, ginger, and hot bean paste for a minute, then add sugar, soy sauce and stock/water.
- Add water chestnuts.
- Return eggplant to the pan and cook for about five minutes until garlic is soft and a sauce forms.
- If sauce is too thin, thicken with 1t corn starch mixed with 2t water.
- Fold sesame oil.
- Top with green onions and sesame seeds.
- Serve hot or cold with white rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 345.7, Fat 23.3, SaturatedFat 3.8, Cholesterol 0.9, Sodium 557.8, Carbohydrate 33.4, Fiber 16.6, Sugar 13, Protein 7.4
FRIED EGGPLANT WITH GARLIC
Eggplant is one of my favorite vegetables. I think it is an underestimated and underused vegetable. It tastes much better when fried. However, it can absorb much oil. I have learned that if I grill the eggplant first for a little, it will cook better and absorb less oil. This is a great side dish or an appetizer for a group of people. I also love to use the leftover to make an egg sandwich the next day. I tend to fry an egg and put it over the eggplant.
Provided by ServingsofYum
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Preheat an electric grill for high heat and lightly oil the grate. Grill eggplant for 8 minutes.
- Heat 3/4 cup olive oil in a deep skillet. Fry grilled eggplant for 4 minutes. Turn and cook until soft but not falling apart, an additional 4 minutes. Drain eggplant on paper towels and discard oil.
- Heat skillet again over medium heat and add remaining 1/4 oil. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add vinegar. Return sliced eggplant back to the skillet and cook for 2 to 4 minutes. Remove, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 54.7 calories, Carbohydrate 7.1 g, Fat 3 g, Fiber 3.9 g, Protein 1.3 g, SaturatedFat 0.5 g, Sodium 22.8 mg, Sugar 2.7 g
More about "eggplant aubergine with garlic cream sauce food"
EGGPLANT WITH HOT GARLIC SAUCE - COOKEATSHARE
AUBERGINE AND CREAM PASTA SAUCE | COMMUNITY RECIPES ...
SOUR CREAM AND EGGPLANT RECIPES (38) - SUPERCOOK
EGGPLANT - WIKIPEDIA
EGGPLANT WITH WALNUTS AND SPICES | GEORGIAN RECIPES
CHINESE EGGPLANTS WITH CHILI GARLIC SAUCE - BIANCA ZAPATKA
ITALIAN MARINATED EGGPLANT - INSIDE THE RUSTIC KITCHEN
AUBERGINE PASTA | JAMIE OLIVER VEGETARIAN PASTA RECIPES
ROASTED AUBERGINE WITH GARLIC TAHINI SAUCE - THE VEG ...
CHINESE EGGPLANT WITH GARLIC SAUCE - OMNIVORE'S COOKBOOK
EGGPLANT IN GARLIC SAUCE RECIPE (OIL-FREE & PLANT-BASED)
EGGPLANT WITH GARLIC SAUCE - TASTE OF ASIAN FOOD
SMOKY, CREAMY PASTA WITH BURNT AUBERGINE AND TAHINI
WORLD BEST EUROPEAN COOKING RECIPES : EGGPLANT (AUBERGINE ...
EGGPLANT (AUBERGINE) WITH GARLIC CREAM SAUCE RECIPE - FOOD ...
EGGPLANT AUBERGINE WITH GARLIC CREAM SAUCE RECIPE ...
STUFFED EGGPLANTS WITH GARLIC SAUCE - GOURMANDELLE
EGGPLANT (AUBERGINE) WITH GARLIC CREAM SAUCE RECIPE ...
SMOKY, CREAMY PASTA WITH BURNT AUBERGINE AND... | SYP COOKS
EGGPLANT AUBERGINE WITH GARLIC CREAM SAUCE RECIPES
GRILLED AUBERGINE WITH CREAMY DRESSING RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
EGGPLANT CREAM SAUCE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
6 EASY EGGPLANT (AUBERGINE) RECIPES - JANICE FUNG
AUBERGINE WITH BLACK GARLIC - THE HAPPY FOODIE
EGGPLANT WITH GARLIC SAUCE (鱼香茄子) - MADE WITH LAU
7 BEST AUBERGINE (EGGPLANT) PASTA BAKE RECIPES – PASTA.COM
CHINESE EGGPLANT WITH GARLIC SAUCE | PICKLED PLUM
AUBERGINE PASTA RECIPE (EGGPLANT SPAGHETTI) - WHERE IS MY ...
EGGPLANT WITH GARLIC SAUCE (YU XIANG QIEZI, 鱼香茄子) - RED ...
EGGPLANT WITH HOT GARLIC SAUCE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
DEEP FRIED CHINESE EGGPLANT WITH SPICY GARLIC SAUCE RECIPE ...
CREAMY CHICKEN PASTA WITH SPINACH AND AUBERGINE - KITCHEN ...
CHINESE EGGPLANTS WITH GARLIC SAUCE | CHINA SICHUAN FOOD
CREAMY EGGPLANT SAUCE FOR PASTA - MILL CITY FARMERS MARKET
DELIGHTFUL PAN-FRIED EGGPLANT (AUBERGINE) WITH GARLIC ...
6 ASIAN-INSPIRED EGGPLANT RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
EGGPLANT (AUBERGINE) WITH GARLIC CREAM SAUCE
EGGPLANT AUBERGINE SAUCE FOR PASTA - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
EGGPLANT FILLETS WITH CREAM SAUCE RECIPES
NIGEL SLATER’S AUBERGINE RAGU WITH CREAM AND PARMESAN ...
HOW TO COOK ROASTED EGGPLANT SALAD WITH SOUR CREAM, GARLIC ...
You'll also love