GRILLED SHRIMP WITH GARLIC-RED CHILE-THYME MARINADE
- Place chiles in a large bowl, cover with boiling water, and let stand for 1 hour to soften. Remove chiles from the water, coarsely chop, and place in the jar of a blender. Add the garlic, thyme, and oil and blend until smooth. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper. Place the shrimp in a large bowl, pour the marinade over, and let marinate at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Preheat a grill to high. Remove the prawns from the marinade and grill for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes per side, with the cover closed. Serve on brown paper bags, if desired.
GRILLED SHRIMP WITH GARLIC (GAMBAS AL AJILLO)
- Heat the grill to medium.
- Whisk together 1/4 cup of the oil, 2 tablespoons of the thyme, ancho powder and chopped garlic in a small bowl. Skewer the shrimp and brush with marinade.
- Place the remaining 1/2 cup of the oil in a small saucepan, add the sliced garlic and cook until the sliced garlic is lightly golden brown. Remove the garlic slices with a slotted spoon to a plate lined with paper towels. Reserve the oil.
- Increase the heat of the grill to high.
- Remove the shrimp from the marinade, season with salt and pepper and grill until golden brown on each side, about 1 1/2 minutes per side. Remove the shrimp from the skewers, transfer to a platter and drizzle with some of the reserved garlic oil and the garlic chips. Sprinkle with the remaining thyme and garnish with oregano leaves.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 407 calorie, Fat 38 grams, SaturatedFat 5 grams, Cholesterol 107 milligrams, Sodium 652 milligrams, Carbohydrate 4 grams, Fiber 1 grams, Protein 12 grams, Sugar 0 grams
GRILLED THAI CHILE GARLIC SHRIMP
Provided by Food Network
Yield 4 servings for appetizer, 2 servings for entree
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat a grill to medium-high heat.
- Put the shrimp into a glass bowl. Whisk the remaining ingredients in a medium bowl and pour 1/2 to 2/3 if it over the shrimp. (Reserve the remaining marinade to brush on the shrimp during grilling.) Allow the shrimp to marinate for only 8 to 10 minutes or the lime juice will begin to "cook" the shrimp. Grill the shrimp, approximately 2 to 3 minutes per side while brushing with the reserved marinade. I use a silicone brush. Remove the shrimp from the grill to a platter and serve garnished with lime wedges.
GRILLED SHRIMP WITH CHILE AND GARLIC
Shrimp are a treat and should be handled as such - and this recipe guarantees grilled shrimp that are reliably juicy, charred and seasoned. First, try this trick from J. Kenji López-Alt for plump meat with a browned crust: Stir a little baking soda into mayonnaise, and season it with salt, garlic and chile, which will intensify in the mayonnaise's fat. Coat the shrimp in the mayonnaise mixture and refrigerate for up to 30 minutes, then grill mostly on one side to avoid overcooking. Eat over grains, lettuces, lemon pasta or noodle salad; in tortillas or pita; or popped right into your mouth. As far as seasonings go, start with chile and garlic, then switch up subsequent batches with lemon zest, Old Bay, ginger and more.
Provided by Ali Slagle
Categories easy, quick, weekday, seafood, main course
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Prepare a charcoal or gas grill for high heat. (If you don't have a grill, you can cook the shrimp in a cast-iron skillet over high heat, with the vent on, following the same timing.) Using a Microplane or the small holes of a box grater, grate the garlic and chile into a medium bowl. Stir in the mayonnaise, salt and baking soda. Add the shrimp and stir to combine. Refrigerate for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Clean the grates with a grill brush (no need to grease the grates), then grill the shrimp until well browned, 2 to 4 minutes. (If using a gas grill, close the lid to maintain temperature.) Flip and cook until opaque throughout, 1 to 2 minutes. Eat right away.
SWEET AND SPICY GRILLED SHRIMP
- Preheat grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Stir chile-garlic sauce and honey together in a small bowl.
- Thread shrimp onto soaked bamboo skewers, piercing through the head and tail ends.
- Cook the skewers on the preheated grill, frequently turning and basting with the sauce mixture, until shrimp are firm and pink on all sides, about 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 231.4 calories, Carbohydrate 37.9 g, Cholesterol 172.6 mg, Fat 1 g, Fiber 1.1 g, Protein 18.6 g, SaturatedFat 0.3 g, Sodium 1469.9 mg, Sugar 34.8 g
GRILLED SHRIMP WITH CHILI COCKTAIL SAUCE
Provided by Rachael Ray : Food Network
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Combine the first 7 ingredients in a bowl, and season with pepper, to taste. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Heat a grill pan or grill to medium-high.
- Dress the shrimp with extra-virgin olive oil, salt and pepper, to taste, and smoked paprika. Skewer the shrimp onto metal skewers, to ease in turning them, and grill until the shrimp are opaque and firm, about 7 to 8 minutes. Pile the shrimp on a serving platter, and drizzle with the sauce or pass the sauce at the table.
GRILLED SHRIMP MARINATED IN PAPRIKA, GARLIC AND THYME WITH WHITE WINE SAUCE
- For the white wine sauce:
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the shallots and the garlic and cook until soft, about 1 minute. Increase the heat to high, add the wine, bring to a boil and cook until reduced by half. Add the cream and slowly start whisking in the cold butter, piece by piece and continue to whisk until the sauce is emulsified. Strain into a bowl and stir in the chives. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and set aside.
- For the shrimp:
- Whisk together the oil, paprika, garlic and thyme in a large bowl; add the shrimp and toss to coat the shrimp in the mixture. Cover and let marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Heat the grill to high.
- Season the shrimp with salt and pepper and grill until slightly charred and just cooked through, about 2 1/2 minutes per side. Put some of the sauce on a large platter, drizzle with Basil Oil and top with the shrimp. Drizzle with more of the sauce; garnish with chives and serve.
- Rinse the shrimp with cold water and pat dry with paper towls. Add the shrimp and seasoning mix to a plastic bag and shake to coat.
- Heat the butter, garlic, and red pepper flakes in a large skillet over medium heat until the butter has melted. Raise the heat to medium-high; when the butter begins to pop and sizzle add the shrimp to the pan. Cook and stir the shrimp until they are bright pink on the outside and the meat is no longer transparent in the center, about 4 to 5 minutes. Do not overcook.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the cilantro and lime juice. Garnish with lime wedges and serve hot.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 255.9 calories, Carbohydrate 9.9 g, Cholesterol 210.7 mg, Fat 15.4 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 18.8 g, SaturatedFat 9.4 g, Sodium 910.9 mg, Sugar 4.4 g
GRILLED GARLIC SHRIMP
These grilled shrimp receive a double dose of garlic flavor - fresh garlic and garlic salt. Try not to marinate longer than 30 minutes, as the acid from the lemon juice will start to break down the delicate shrimp meat and make it mushy. Extra large shrimp come 26 to 30 shrimp per pound.
Provided by France C
Categories BBQ & Grilled Shrimp
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Combine oil, lemon juice, garlic cloves, parsley, basil, garlic, salt, and pepper in the bowl of a food processor. Blend until marinade is smooth, about 20 seconds.
- Pour marinade into a resealable gallon-sized plastic bag. Add shrimp to the bag and toss to coat with the marinade. Seal bag and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Soak wooden skewers in cold water while shrimp is marinating.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Remove shrimp from marinade and thread onto skewers, 5 to 6 shrimp per skewer. Cook the shrimp on the preheated grill until they are bright pink on the outside and no longer transparent in the center, about 3 minutes per side.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 215.1 calories, Carbohydrate 2.3 g, Cholesterol 172.5 mg, Fat 12.1 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 23.3 g, SaturatedFat 1.8 g, Sodium 395.7 mg
People also searched
More about "chile garlic marinated and grilled shrimp food"
SHRIMP MARINADE RECIPE - CHILI PEPPER MADNESS
12 MARINATED GRILLED SHRIMP RECIPES - FOOD NETWORK
THE BEST GRILLED SHRIMP MARINADE RECIPE
GRILLED SHRIMP MARINADE - CREME DE LA CRUMB
CHILI GARLIC SHRIMP - SAVING ROOM FOR DESSERT
GRILLED SHRIMP SKEWERS WITH JALAPEñO CAJUN BUTTER
CHILE-GARLIC MARINATED AND GRILLED SHRIMP RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK …
FEAST ON THE BEST LOCAL AND INTERNATIONAL EATS AT THIS FOOD HALL IN ...
CHILE AND GARLIC SHRIMP - SPICY SOUTHERN KITCHEN
11 UNIQUE RECIPES FOR YOUR GRILL THIS SUMMER - REDBOOK
CHILE-GARLIC MARINATED AND GRILLED SHRIMP | PUNCHFORK
GRILLED CORN AND AVOCADO SALAD WITH SHRIMP SKEWERS RECIPE
GRILLED CHILI LIME SHRIMP | TASTE AND SEE
GRILLED CHICKEN THIGHS WITH QUICK AND EASY MARINADE RECIPE
GRILLED SHRIMP WITH GARLIC CHILE VINAIGRETTE - OVER THE FIRE COOKING
GRILLED SHRIMP RECIPE WITH ROASTED GARLIC HERB SAUCE
GRILLED SHRIMP WITH HERBY GARLIC BREAD - FOOD52
37 GRILLED CHICKEN RECIPES FOR THE BEST BARBECUED BIRDS ON THE BLOCK
GARLICKY GRILLED SHRIMP RECIPE - MARCELA VALLADOLID - FOOD & WINE
BEST AND WORST FOODS TO COOK ON A GRILL, ACCORDING TO CHEFS
GRILLED SHRIMP RECIPES : FOOD NETWORK | FOOD NETWORK
SMALL PLATES - ROYAL CARIBBEAN CRUISES
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love