CAMPFIRE SKILLET BREAKFAST
This is the one recipe we always cook when camping, it's easy and very filling.
Provided by Jesi A.
Categories 100+ Breakfast and Brunch Recipes Potatoes
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Cook bacon to desired doneness in a cast iron skillet over the slow burning coals of a campfire. Remove bacon from the skillet and set aside. Stir the potatoes and onion into the hot bacon fat. Cover, and cook until the potatoes are soft, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Crumble the bacon into the potatoes. Stir in the eggs, cover, and cook until set through, about 2 minutes. Sprinkle with the cheese, and allow to melt before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 239.2 calories, Carbohydrate 15.5 g, Cholesterol 167.9 mg, Fat 13.4 g, Fiber 1.9 g, Protein 14.2 g, SaturatedFat 6.1 g, Sodium 381.1 mg, Sugar 1.6 g
CAMPER'S BREAKFAST HASH
Make and share this Camper's Breakfast Hash recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Kerena
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In large skillet, melt butter. Add the potatoes, sausage, onion and green pepper. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are lightly browned, turning once.
- Push potatoes to the sides of the pan.
- Pour eggs in center of pan. Cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are completely set. Season with salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat; stir eggs into potatoes.
- Top with cheese; cover and cook 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 605.5, Fat 40.8, SaturatedFat 17.5, Cholesterol 365.2, Sodium 439.8, Carbohydrate 41.3, Fiber 3, Sugar 3.2, Protein 21.3
In our area we are able to camp almost all year-round. My family invented this recipe using ingredients we all love so we could enjoy them on the campfire. This hearty meal tastes so good after a full day of outdoor activities. -Janet Danilow, Winkleman, Arizona
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat, cook and stir onion in oil under tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add potatoes. Cook, uncovered, for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. , Add kielbasa; cook and stir until meat and potatoes are tender and browned, 10-15 minutes. Stir in chiles and corn; heat through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 535 calories, Fat 26g fat (8g saturated fat), Cholesterol 51mg cholesterol, Sodium 1097mg sodium, Carbohydrate 57g carbohydrate (10g sugars, Fiber 6g fiber), Protein 17g protein.
CAMPFIRE BREAKFAST HASH
This skillet breakfast hash with potatoes and chorizo is delicious cooked over the fire on your camping trip-the only ingredient that needs chilling is the eggs. It's equally good made on a lazy weekend at home.
Provided by Greg Lofts
Categories Food & Cooking Healthy Recipes Gluten-Free Recipes
Yield Serves 2 to 3
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a large cast-iron skillet, bring 1/4 cup oil, potato, and 3/4 cup water to a boil directly over campfire coals or medium-high heat; season generously with salt. Boil until water mostly evaporates and potato begins to sizzle.
- Add onion, bell pepper, and chorizo; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are soft and golden brown in places, 12 to 15 minutes. Push hash to one side of skillet; drizzle remaining 1 tablespoon oil into empty side. Crack in eggs and season with salt and pepper. Cook until egg whites are just set, 3 to 4 minutes. Serve immediately.
CAMPER'S BREAKFAST HASH RECIPE - (4.6/5)
Provided by á-3145
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a large skillet, melt butter. Add the potatoes, sausage, onion and green pepper. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are lightly browned, turning once. Push potato mixture to the sides of pan. Pour eggs into center of pan. Cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are completely set. Season with salt and pepper. Reduce heat; stir eggs into potato mixture. Top with cheese; cover and cook for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
People also searched
More about "campers breakfast hash food"
CAMPER’S BREAKFAST HASH RECIPE - THE MOUNTAIN KITCHEN
Reviews 13Category Breakfast, Main CourseCuisine AmericanTotal Time 30 mins
- Preheat a heavy cast iron pan over medium-high heat. Cut the sausage up into bite-size pieces. Add to the pan and cook until browned, about 5 to 10 minutes. Remove and drain the sausage on paper towels.
- Return the pan to the heat. Melt butter and add the potatoes. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat, until the potatoes are light brown, turning once, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Push potatoes to the sides of the pan, forming a well; pour the eggs into center of the well. Cook, stirring constantly over medium heat until eggs are set. Season with salt & pepper, to taste.
- Reduce heat to low; combine the eggs into potatoes. Sprinkle in the cheese; cover and cook until cheese is melted, about 1 to 2 minutes.
50+ CAMPING BREAKFAST IDEAS (THAT ARE UNIQUE, EASY, …
Estimated Reading Time 7 mins
32 BEST CAMPFIRE BREAKFAST RECIPES YOU SHOULD TRY IN …
15 CAMPING BREAKFASTS FOR YOUR NEXT ADVENTURE - ALLRECIPES
25 INSANELY DELICIOUS BREAKFAST HASH RECIPES
31 EASY CAMPING BREAKFAST IDEAS YOUR FAMILY WILL LOVE
MAKE AHEAD CAMPING BREAKFAST IDEAS | 10BEST
CAMPER S CHEDDAR & SAUSAGE BREAKFAST HASH RECIPES
20 CAMPING BREAKFAST IDEAS FOR EASY MORNING MEALS - TERRITORY …
15 EASY AND DELICIOUS RECIPES YOU CAN MAKE IN A CAMPER
FREEZE DRIED BREAKFAST FOOD FOR CAMPING - MOUNTAIN HOUSE
21+ EASY CAMPING BREAKFAST IDEAS - THE KITCHEN …
CAMPER'S BREAKFAST HASH RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
A CAMP BREAKFAST HASH TO MAKE EVEN WHEN YOU'RE NOT CAMPING
CAMPERS BREAKFAST HASH FOOD - HOMEANDRECIPE.COM
THE ONLY CAMP BREAKFAST HASH RECIPE YOU'LL EVER NEED
FAST & FILLING CAMPING BREAKFAST
18 AMAZING CAMPING BREAKFASTS | RVSHARE
21 EASY CAMPING BREAKFAST IDEAS - INSANELY GOOD
25 YUMMY CAMPING BREAKFAST IDEAS TO FEED YOUR CREW
SKILLET BREAKFAST HASH - BELLY FULL
18 EASY CAMPING BREAKFAST IDEAS - FRESH OFF THE GRID
10 EASY RV CAMPING BREAKFAST IDEAS | RV LIFE MAGAZINE
5 EASY CAMPING BREAKFAST RECIPES - CAMPERS-COVE
CAMPING FOOD AND MEALS | MEC
19 EASY BREAKFASTS FOR YOUR NEXT CAMPING TRIP
SIMPLE DUTCH OVEN BREAKFAST HASH - CAMPFIRE BREAKFAST RECIPE
15 CAMPING BREAKFAST IDEAS THAT ANY CAMPER CAN WHIP UP - THE …
18+ EASY CAMPING BREAKFAST IDEAS - IZZYCOOKING
49 QUICK AND TASTY CAMPING FOOD IDEAS - EASY CAMPING MEALS!
CAMPER'S BREAKFAST HASH | PUNCHFORK
12+ EASY CAMPING BREAKFAST IDEAS - SHARP ASPIRANT
25 CAMPING BREAKFAST IDEAS - FOOD COM
101 STRESS-FREE CAMPING FOOD IDEAS - THE ADVENTURE BITE
50 EASY MAKE AHEAD CAMPING MEALS THAT EVEN PICKY EATERS WOULD …
52 INCREDIBLY DELICIOUS CAMPING FOOD IDEAS - FRESH OFF THE GRID
20 BEST CAMPING BREAKFAST RECIPES - EASY CAMPFIRE BREAKFAST IDEAS
FOIL PACKET BREAKFAST BAKE RECIPE » HOMEMADE HEATHER
CAMPFIRE COOKING: ONE SKILLET BREAKFAST HASH - RV REPAIR CLUB
CAMPERS BREAKFAST HASH RECIPE HOW TO MAKE IT TASTE RECIPES
BREAKFAST CAMPING RECIPES | BACKPACKINGCHEF.COM
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love