TWICE-BAKED ALMOND COOKIES
- Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 425°F. Butter and flour 13 x 9 x 2-inch metal baking pan. Sift flour and salt into medium bowl. Whisk sugar, eggs, honey and orange flower water in large bowl to blend well. Gradually add flour mixture, stirring just until blended. Stir in almonds. Spoon batter into prepared pan. Using back of spoon, spread batter evenly to smooth top.
- Bake until dough puffs and is pale golden, about 20 minutes. Cool 5 minutes. Turn pastry out onto rack; cool completely. Maintain oven temperature. Cut pastry crosswise into 1/2-inch-wide strips. Cut each strip diagonally into 3 pieces. Arrange cookies, cut side down, on 2 baking sheets. Bake until cookies are golden, about 14 minutes. Transfer cookies to racks; cool. (Can be prepared 5 days ahead. Store airtight at room temperature.)
This is the Jewish equivalent to biscotti. It was handed down through three generations. I added the mini chocolate chips. The cookies are twice baked, first in logs and then in slices. Stored in an airtight container, these will keep for about two weeks.
Provided by susan yale
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a cookie sheet.
- Beat together the eggs, oil, sugar, and vanilla extract until well blended. Sift together the flour, salt, and baking powder; and stir into the egg mixture until well mixed. Fold in the chocolate chips and almonds. Form two logs, three inches in diameter, and place onto the baking sheets.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes, then remove from the oven and cut into 1 inch diagonal slices. Lay the slices on their sides on the cookie sheet and return to the oven for 10 minutes. Remove to cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 151.1 calories, Carbohydrate 17.3 g, Cholesterol 15.5 mg, Fat 8.5 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 2.6 g, SaturatedFat 1.8 g, Sodium 36.3 mg, Sugar 8.4 g
TWICE BAKED OLIVE COOKIE WITH LEMON CUSTARD
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- To make cookie combine 8 ounces butter and sugar in mixer and cream until smooth. Add flour and almond powder to butter and sugar mixture. The dough should not be smooth, but a sandy texture. Remove batter from bowl and roll out to 1/8-inch thick. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Let the sandy cookie completely cool. Place back in mixing bowl, and add remaining butter and olives until a paste is formed. Roll out dough, place on cookie sheet, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- When dough is firm remove, and cut into desired shape. Place cookies on pan and bake for 10 minutes. Let cool and set aside.
- Place lemon juice and zest in a pot. Add the cornstarch and sugar to lemon juice while still cold. Mix together and cook on stove.
- While lemon mixture in cooking, whisk eggs in separate bowl. When lemon mixture has come to a boil temper with the eggs slowly, continuously whisking. This will prevent eggs from curdling. The mixture will thicken quickly. Once it is thick, remove from heat to avoid overcooking. Add remaining butter to lemon custard. Remove custard from pot into plastic container. Cover with plastic wrap to prevent a skin to form, and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- To assemble: Take a cookie and place in center of plate. Heat spoon with hot water, and scoop custard onto cookie. To garnish add lemon zest and finely chopped olives.
- This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The FN chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
ALMOND SHORTBREAD COOKIES
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in the beaten egg and extract. Add the flour, ground almonds and lemon zest and mix until the dough comes together.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and knead into a ball. Divide the dough in half and then roll each half into a log, about 1 1/2 inches in diameter. Wrap each log in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour (the dough can be frozen at this point for a later use).
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Remove the dough from the plastic wrap and slice into 1/4-inch-thick rounds. Place the cookies onto the prepared baking sheets and bake until golden brown at the edges, about 15 minutes. Let cool on the baking sheets for 3 or 4 minutes before transferring to wire cooling racks to cool completely, or just eat warm from the oven.
TWICE BAKED COOKIES (BISCOTTI)
- mix sugar butter anise and vanilla.
- beat in eggs.
- mix flour with baking powder.
- stir into sugar/butter/anise/vanilla and almonds.
- blend together.
- preheat oven 350.
- chill 2-3 hours.
- shape into 4 loaves(half inch high, 4 inches wide, lenth of pan).
- bake 20 mins 350.
- cut into 3/4 inch thick slices.
- place back on pan on sides for another 15 minutes.
TWICE-BAKED ALMOND CROISSANTS
- Make syrup:
- Combine sugar and water in a small saucepan. Split vanilla bean with a sharp small knife and scrape seeds into sugar mixture. Add pod and bring to a boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Simmer 1 minute, then remove from heat and stir in orange juice.
- Make almond cream:
- Pulse almonds with 2 tablespoons sugar in a food processor until finely ground. Add almond paste and pulse until finely chopped.
- Beat together butter, remaining 2 tablespoons sugar, almond mixture, and a pinch of salt with an electric mixer at medium speed until fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. Whisk together egg, rum, and extract in a small bowl and gradually add to almond cream, beating until combined well. Chill, covered, until set, about 1 hour.
- Assemble croissants:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut croissants in half horizontally. Brush insides of croissants (both top and bottom halves) with some orange syrup. Spread 2 tablespoons almond cream on each bottom half, mounding in centers, and cover with tops. Spread 1 tablespoon almond cream on each top. Transfer croissants to a parchment-lined baking sheet and sprinkle about 2 tablespoons toasted almonds on each.
- Bake croissants in middle of oven until golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool slightly, then dust with confectioners sugar.
ITALIAN ALMOND COOKIES II
This cookie is very chewy on the inside and crisp on the outside, BUT the entire outside is coated in sliced almonds for a fantastic look and is absolutely delicious. It is well worth the effort.
Provided by MYRAMANI
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl, use your hands to mix together the almond paste, flour, egg whites, white sugar and confectioners' sugar until well blended. The mixture will be very sticky. Place the sliced almonds into a small bowl. Scoop out rounded teaspoonfuls of the dough and drop them into the almonds. Roll until completely coated. Place 2 inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown. Cool on cookie sheets for a few minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 115.6 calories, Carbohydrate 16.8 g, Fat 4.9 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 2.3 g, SaturatedFat 0.4 g, Sodium 7.4 mg, Sugar 9 g
ANNA'S TWICE BAKED ALMOND BISCOTTI
Anna migrated to Queens NY from Italy with her husband and lived in my Granny's house in the upstairs apartment. She had no children of her own so it gave her great pleasure to spoil us often with these baked goodies called "biscotti". Who knew these very traditional breakfast treats would turn into the very stylish biscotti found in the best coffee bars today! Thanks Anna for the memories :)
Provided by Gingerbee
Yield 24 biscuits
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add extract; gradually add dry ingredients and knead until a soft uniform dough is formed.
- Divide dough in half.
- Turn dough out onto a well-greased cookie sheet and form dough into a log about 9-inches long.
- Gently press down to flatten alittle.
- Brush with milk and Bake in a Preheated 350 degree oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and with a serated knife cut the biscotti into 1/2" diagonal slices.
- Lay the cookie flat side down and return to oven until light gold in color.
- Freezes very well.
DOUBLE CHOCOLATE ALMOND COOKIES(INA GARTEN)
From Kathleen King, who has a great bakery in Long Island, and she made this with Ina on Barefoot Contessa.
Provided by Sharon123
Yield 52 cookies, 25 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment cream the butter and sugars. Add the egg and vanilla and mix together. Add the flour mixture and continue mixing until just combined.
- Add the chocolates and almonds and mix until combined. Using two tablespoons or a small ice cream scoop, drop the dough two inches apart on sheet pans lined with parchment. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Cool the cookies on the cookie sheets. The cookies should be very soft when they are removed from the oven. They will firm up as they cool.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 315.4, Fat 17.9, SaturatedFat 9.4, Cholesterol 33.3, Sodium 163.5, Carbohydrate 38.7, Fiber 2.4, Sugar 26.4, Protein 4
More about "twice baked almond cookies food"
TWICE-BAKED ALMOND COOKIES OR CANTUCCI, CANTUCCINI …
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
TWICE-BAKED ALMOND COOKIES RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
4.2/5 (6)Servings 72
DOUBLE ALMOND SUGAR COOKIES RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
TWICE BAKED ALMOND COOKIES - THE SECRET INGREDIENT
TWICE-BAKED ALMOND-SPICE COOKIES - THE BOSTON GLOBE
CHOCOLATE ALMOND TWICE-BAKED COOKIES FROM PROVENCE …
ANNA'S TWICE BAKED ALMOND BISCOTTI RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
25 DAYS OF COOKIES FOR YOUR HOLIDAY BAKING: DAY 10, TWICE-BAKED …
TWICE-BAKED ALMOND COOKIES - DAIRY FREE RECIPES
TWICE-BAKED ITALIAN ALMOND COOKIES CANTUCCINI - CODYCROSS …
BISCOTTI COOKIES - DIABETIC FRIENDLY TWICE BAKED ALMOND …
TWICE-BAKED ITALIAN ALMOND COOKIES, CANTUCCINI – CODYCROSS
TWICE BAKED CHOCOLATE ALMOND BRIOCHE - SIMPLY SO GOOD
TWICE-BAKED COOKIES RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
A TWICE BAKED ITALIAN ALMOND BISCUIT - CODYCROSS ANSWERS
TWICE BAKED CHEF - ALMOND COOKIES
SIMPLY THE BEST BISCOTTI RECIPE - TWICE BAKED COOKIE RECIPE
DOUBLE ALMOND BUTTER COOKIES – MUST LOVE HOME
ALMOND COOKIE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
TWICE-BAKED ALMOND COOKIES
TRIPLE ALMOND COOKIE RECIPE — HOW TO MAKE ALMOND COOKIES
TWICE AS NICE ALMOND COOKIES | MCCORMICK
TWICE-BAKED CITRUS-ALMOND BRIOCHE - GOOD HOUSEKEEPING
TWICE-BAKED ITALIAN ALMOND COOKIES CANTUCCINI CODYCROSS
HEALTHY NO BAKE ALMOND COOKIES - EATING BIRD FOOD
BAKING ALMOND CANTUCCI - TWICE BAKED COOKIES - TANDEM SPIRITS
ALMOND COOKIES | FOOD & WINE
TWICE AS NICE ALMOND COOKIES RECIPE - FOOD.COM
TWICE BAKED CHEF - CHINESE ALMOND COOKIES
TWICE-BAKED COOKIES CROSSWORD CLUE - LATSOLVER.COM
LIST OF TWICE-BAKED FOODS - WIKIPEDIA
YOUR GO-TO ALMOND BISCOTTI RECIPE - BIGGER BOLDER BAKING
BISCOTTI ITALIAN ALMOND CAKE RUSK TWICE BAKED ALMOND BISCOTTI …
TWICE AS NICE ALMOND COOKIES RECIPE - RECIPETIPS.COM
DOUBLE CHOCOLATE COOKIES (WITH ALMOND SLICES) - MILK AND POP
TWICE AS NICE ALMOND COOKIES RECIPE - FOOD.COM
You'll also love