This is the recipe my MIL gave me years ago for Simmering Potpourri. Use it for a delightful way to freshen the air. Usually used around the holidays.
Provided by Bev I Am
Yield 8 cups
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Combine first 4 ingredients in small bowl.
- Combine next 10 ingredients in large bowl.
- Stir two mixtures together.
- To scent air, put 1/3 of the potpourri mixture in 4 cups of water, boil, reduce heat and simmer.
- Add water as needed.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 104.3, Fat 3.9, SaturatedFat 0.8, Sodium 32, Carbohydrate 22.8, Fiber 9, Sugar 0.2, Protein 3.2
CHRISTMAS SIMMERING POTPOURRI
Simple and great smelling. I like to mix the dry ingredients up in little ziplocks to have them ready to add to water during the holiday season.
Provided by lazyme
Categories Very Low Carbs
Yield 1 quart
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Mix all ingredients in medium saucepan.
- Simmer on low heat.
- Add more water as needed.
CAPTURING CHRISTMAS SIMMERING POTPOURRI
Provided by Taste of Home
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Place cloves, allspice, cardamom, star anise, ginger, orange peel and cinnamon sticks on a double thickness of cheesecloth. Bring up corners of cloth; tie with a string to form a bag. Set aside. Fill Dutch oven or large stockpot two-thirds way full with water. Add spice bag. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, replenishing water as necessary.
Nutrition Facts :
This potpourri uses things found in your spice cupboard and fruit drawer. I put approximate amounts of everything... please use your own judgement for exact measurements. I never measure anything.. I just use up what I have. You can use any combination.. be creative!
Provided by GertieGirl
Yield 1 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Dry apple, orange, lime, and lemon slices.
- I put them on a cookie cooling rack, then on a baking sheet and place in oven. Bake at 170 F for about 5-7 hours, until apples are still pliable but not mushy, and there is no liquid left in citrus fruit.
- Dry cranberries by covering a baking sheet with parchment paper and putting cranberries in single layer.
- Dry @ 170°F These take about 8 hours.
- As fruit is done, take out and place in a large bowl.
- Add all the spices.
- Toss with vanilla extract and allow to dry overnight.
- Place in container or bags to give away.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 614.5, Fat 5.6, SaturatedFat 1.3, Sodium 57.6, Carbohydrate 149.2, Fiber 38.5, Sugar 73.8, Protein 7.8
More about "simmering potpourri food"
18 SIMMERING POTPOURRI RECIPES TO MAKE YOUR HOME …
Reviews 5Estimated Reading Time 7 mins
- Clean Lavender Potpourri. Lavender is a wonderfully clean and fresh scent and when you mix it with fresh rosemary and anise pods, you get a wonderful simmering potpourri that will fill your entire home with freshness.
- Apple Cider Simmering Potpourri. Apple spice is the perfect fall scent and this apple cider potpourri will fill your home with warm and inviting smells.
- Homemade Bay Leaves And Licorice Potpourri. This simmering potpourri is made with bay leaves and anise so it smells like licorice. It’s perfect for adding wonderfully warm and inviting autumn scents to your home.
- Orange And Cinnamon Slow Cooker Potpourri. Orange peel, cinnamon sticks and cloves are the perfect scents for the holidays. This simmering potpourri recipe uses all three of those and you can make it in the slow cooker, so it’s super easy.
- Homemade Cinnamon And Cranberry Simmering Potpourri. This cranberry and cinnamon stove top potpourri definitely smells like the holidays. It has fresh or frozen cranberries, cinnamon sticks, oranges, cloves, nutmeg and rosemary and it smells absolutely amazing while it is simmering.
- Pine Simmering Potpourri. Pine or cedar twigs are perfect for creating that great old fashioned holiday scent. If you are looking to create a country style Christmas, this is the perfect simmering potpourri for you.
- Floral Scented Simmering Potpourri. Anytime you get flowers you should save them. This goes for those wonderful spur of the moment surprise flowers from your significant other as well as those that you buy yourself.
- Fall Simmering Spices Potpourri. Oranges are great for creating fall and winter scented potpourri and what you add to those oranges can completely change the scent.
- Luscious Spiced Coffee Simmering Potpourri. What could possibly smell better than coffee? Honestly, I love the scent of coffee in the morning and this spiced coffee potpourri will smell like you’ve made a fresh pot…all day long.
- Easy Homemade Holiday Potpourri. This potpourri has all the wonderful scents of the holidays in an easy to make and simmer recipe. You can add this potpourri spice mix to evergreen sprigs, pinecones and so many other wonderful natural holiday items.
3 SIMMERING POTPOURRI RECIPES THAT SMELL LIKE THE HOLIDAYS
Servings 1Total Time 5 minsEstimated Reading Time 4 mins
SIMMERING POTPOURRI RECIPES | MAKE YOUR HOME SMELL …
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
ALL-NATURAL SCENTS: SIMMERING POTPOURRI | COOK WITH AMBER
9 WONDERFUL WINTER STOVETOP POTPOURRI RECIPES - SINNIE STYLE
4 NATURAL SIMMERING POTPOURRI RECIPES TO USE YEAR ROUND
HOW TO CREATE A SIMMERING HERBAL POTPOURRI - HERBAL ACADEMY
16 SIMMER POT RECIPES FOR ALL SEASONS – HOMEMADE SIMMERING …
SIMMERING POTPOURRI - NATURE'S PASSION
SIMMERING POTPOURRI RECIPE | HGTV
SIMMERING POTPOURRI RECIPES TO MAKE YOUR HOME SMELL AMAZING
CHRISTMAS SIMMERING POTPOURRI RECIPE - FOOD.COM
HOW TO MAKE SIMMERING POTPOURRI: RECIPE WITH FRUIT & SPICES
SIMMERING POTPOURRI | ETSY
SIMMERING POTPOURRI POT | BED BATH & BEYOND
15 DIY POTPOURRI RECIPES TO KEEP YOUR HOME SMELLING GOOD
SIMMERING CHRISTMAS POTPOURRI – MY DRAGONFLY CAFE
80 BEST SIMMERING POTPOURRI RECIPES IDEAS - PINTEREST.CA
HOW TO MAKE STOVETOP POTPOURRI | ALLRECIPES
SPICE SIMMERING POTPOURRI : AMAZON.CA: HOME
30 AMAZING SIMMER POT RECIPES FOR EVERY SEASON - JOYFUL DERIVATIVES
THE OFFICIAL SCENT OF CHRISTMAS: A SIMMERING POTPOURRI RECIPE …
SIMMERING POTPOURRI | ETSY CANADA
HOMEMADE SIMMERING POTPOURRI DIY GIFT IDEA | THE HAPPY HOUSIE
CHRISTMAS SIMMERING POTPOURRI CHRISTMAS IN YOUR HOME
SIMMERING POTPOURRI – MOTHER EARTH NEWS
CHRISTMAS SIMMERING POTPOURRI RECIPE | HOMETALK
3 HOMEMADE STOVETOP POTPOURRI RECIPES - TODAY.COM
17 HOMEMADE POTPOURRI RECIPES | SNAPPY LIVING
CROCK POT SIMMERING POTPOURRI RECIPES - CREATE THE MOST …
SIMMERING POTPOURRI | TANTALIZING AROMATHERAPY - BLESSED SCENTS
HOMEMADE SIMMERING POTPOURRI RECIPE | MODERATELY HIGH …
SIMMERING POTPOURRI : AMAZON.CA: HOME
FALL SIMMERING SPICES (POTPOURRI) • THE FRESH COOKY
CHRISTMAS SIMMERING POTPOURRI O CHRISTMAS TREE - AMAZON.CA
CROCK POT POTPOURRI RECIPES FOR EVERY SEASON | BESTHOMESCENTS
IT’S BEGINNING TO SMELL A LOT LIKE CHRISTMAS SIMMERING SPICES
SIMMERING POTPOURRI - THE HERB GUIDE
SIMMERING POTPOURRI | EBAY
CREATE A SIGNATURE SCENT WITH SIMMERING POTPOURRI – P. ALLEN SMITH
8 SIMPLE STOVETOP POTPOURRI SIMMERING POT RECIPES
SIMMERING POTPOURRI RECIPES AND IDEAS - STYLE MOTIVATION
You'll also love