SAVORY BAKED OATMEAL
Sweet peppers, Parmesan cheese, bacon, and an egg transform oatmeal -- a classic breakfast ingredient -- into an easy dinner recipe. Tote leftovers to the office for a quick lunch!
Provided by BHG Test Kitchen
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 2-quart square baking dish; set aside.
- In a large skillet crisp-cook bacon according to package directions. Transfer bacon to paper towels, reserving drippings in skillet. Drain bacon well. Crumble bacon into large pieces and set aside. Cook sweet peppers in the bacon drippings over medium heat about 5 minutes or until tender.
- In a large bowl combine cooked peppers, oats, bacon, and 1/2 cup of the Parmesan cheese. In a medium bowl whisk together milk and egg. Transfer oat mixture to the prepared baking dish. Pour egg mixture over oat mixture. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until top is golden brown and mixture in set in center. Remove from oven. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 433 kcal, Carbohydrate 36 g, Cholesterol 89 mg, Protein 23 g, SaturatedFat 9 g, Sodium 642 mg, Sugar 9 g, Fat 20 g, UnsaturatedFat 11 g
SAVORY INN OATMEAL BAKE
I got this from a small lodge in Colorado on vacation; they served this every morning for breakfast with fresh fruit and vanilla yogurt. It's sweet, warm and sticks to your bones. Delicious!
Provided by cvggrrl
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Mix oil, sugar, and eggs, beat until yellow and glossy.
- Add remaining ingredients except fruit. Beat until well-mixed.
- Stir in fruit, pour in a greased 8x8 baking dish.
- Bake at 350F for approx 30 minutes.
- If the top gets too dark, stir during baking.
- Serve warm in a bowl, mixture will be crumbly, top with fresh fruit and yogurt.
SWEET AND SAVORY OATMEAL BAKE
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Stir together the oats, walnuts, coconut and salt in a large bowl to combine. In a separate bowl, lightly beat the egg, then stir in the milk, brown sugar and olive oil. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ones and stir to combine. Add the apple and bacon to the mixture and stir to evenly distribute.
- Pour the oat mixture into an 8-by-8-inch baking dish. Cover loosely with foil and bake in the center of the oven for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 30 minutes. Serve hot, scooped into bowls, or let cool completely to room temperature and cut into squares for serving.
SIMPLE SAVORY OATMEAL
Want something savory in the morning, but needs to be quick and simple? This is it. I'd compare it most readily to a deluxe cheese grits recipe, but this has no cheese--and grits (unless instant) are typically a bunch more work. This was an alternative for my 10-year-old who always wanted eggs and sausage for breakfast. Fruits and brown sugar in the oatmeal wasn't cutting it.
Provided by dorkbean
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Place water and oats in a microwave-safe bowl. Cook at 50% power, stirring half way through cooking, until oats are softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in butter until melted. Stir in bacon bits and Creole seasoning until evenly distributed.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 217.6 calories, Carbohydrate 28 g, Cholesterol 15.8 mg, Fat 8.3 g, Fiber 4.2 g, Protein 8.5 g, SaturatedFat 3.5 g, Sodium 495.3 mg, Sugar 0.4 g
ORANGE STREET INN OATMEAL SOUFFLE
I first had this at a B & B in Los Alamos, New Mexico. They gave me the recipe, which is one of the late Marion Cunningham's classics from her Breakfast Book. The Orange Street Inn is no longer around, but the recipe lives on, and it's even delicious when cold.
Provided by zeldaz51
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Butter a 1 1/2 quart souffle dish or casserole, then cover the butter with a little sugar to coat it, like flouring a greased cake pan.
- Scald milk and the 2 tablespoons of butter by heating together in a small saucepan until just below boiling. Slowly add the oatmeal, stirring constantly and continue cooking until thick, stirring often. Remove from heat and then add Neufchatel, salt, sugar, and spices, stirring briskly until cheese is melted. Beat the 3 yolks slightly and add to oatmeal mixture, stirring constantly. Stir in raisins and nuts.
- Beat egg whites until stiff but still moist. Fold into oatmeal mixture with a rubber spatula. DO NOT OVER-FOLD, fold only until no large lumps of whites remain.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared souffle dish. Bake 35 to 40 minutes until mostly set but the center still trembles a little. Serve immediately with cream or warm milk.
- Variation: For a more savory Oatmeal Bacon Souffle, omit sugar after buttering dish. Omit spices, raisins, and nuts. Instead, add 1 cup crisp, crumbled bacon, 1 1/4 teaspoon prepared mustard, and Tabasco to taste.
SAVORY OATMEAL PAN BREAD
This savory bread will taste almost like a good stuffing if you use sage in your herbs mix. It is baked in a heavy skillet in the oven, like cornbread.
Provided by Martha Rose Shulman
Yield Serves 8 to 10
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the oats in the bowl of a stand mixer or into the bowl of a food processor fitted with the steel blade. Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, and ground pepper and add to the oats. Add the remaining ingredients except 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and mix at medium speed or pulse together until well blended. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and the beater and mix again for about 30 seconds.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the oil to a 9-inch cast iron skillet and place in the oven for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and spread the batter in the pan.
- Place in the oven and bake 30 minutes, until the top is nicely browned and a tester comes out clean when inserted in the middle. Remove from the heat and serve hot, or allow to cool on a rack.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 140, UnsaturatedFat 6 grams, Carbohydrate 14 grams, Fat 8 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 4 grams, SaturatedFat 2 grams, Sodium 130 milligrams, Sugar 1 gram, TransFat 0 grams
More about "savory inn oatmeal bake food"
20 SAVORY OATMEAL RECIPES | EAT THIS NOT THAT
3.3/5 (138)Published 2018-12-28
- EGGS + AVOCADO + PEPPER. This bowl is filled with some of the most potent fat-blasting ingredients Mother Nature has to offer. While the egg yolks provide choline, a nutrient that promotes the breakdown of stored fat, the avocado lends a healthy helping of monounsaturated fats and oleic fatty acids, which have been proven to spot-reduce abdominal flab.
- ONIONS + PEPPERS + CELERY + SAUSAGE. Oatmeal is just another grain, like rice or grits, so it's no surprise that it fares well as a Jambalaya-style dish.
- SPINACH + TOMATOES + EGG + HEMP HEARTS. We love that this savory dish calls for hemp seeds. Not only are they super-trendy right now, but they can ward off heart disease, obesity, and metabolic syndrome, likely because of their high fiber and omega-3 count.
- SUN-DRIED TOMATO + PESTO + PARMESAN. The pesto and cheese provide the majority of the flavor, while the tomatoes bring the bulk of the nutrients. The sun-dried fruit is rich in stress-busting vitamin C and lycopene, an antioxidant that lowers risk of cardiovascular disease, skin damage, and certain cancers.
- VEGGIES + CHICKEN STOCK + PARMESAN + EGGS. Chicken stock imparts plenty of flavor with a negligible calorie cost, while the eggs, avocado, and veggies provide a host of healthy fats and filling nutrients like protein, fiber, and water.
- PAPRIKA + ROSEMARY OLIVE OIL + ARUGULA + EGG. Before you head out for the day, combine rosemary, olive oil, water, and oatmeal in a Tupperware container and store it in the refrigerator.
- SPICES + VEGGIES + SWEET POTATO FRIES. Instagrammer JessWentBananas takes her oats from drab and drool-worthy by adding ingredients like sautéed veggies, grated zucchini, leftover sweet potato fries and a generous serving of chili powder to her bowl.
- BROTH + SPICES + VEGGIES + VEGGIE BURGER + SRIRACHA. This vegan-friendly bowl relies on vegetable broth, nutritional yeast and a plethora of spices for its robust savory and cheesy flavor, while greens, avocado, rice crackers and a crumbled veggie burger add satiety-boosting bulk and added nutrients.
- BACON + CHEDDAR + SCALLIONS + EGG. The classic BEC—bacon, egg, and cheese, that is—gets a flat-belly makeover by switching out the blood-sugar-raising white flour bun for a satiating bed of oats.
- MUSHROOMS + CARAMELIZED ONIONS + BACON. Savory does not even begin to describe this dish. Sweet, caramelized onions, salty bacon, and earthy mushrooms combine to form this risotto-like baked oatmeal.
17 SAVORY OATMEAL RECIPES FOR BREAKFAST - PUREWOW
Author Katherine GillenPublished 2020-02-29Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
5 SAVORY OATMEAL RECIPES FOR BREAKFAST THAT YOU MUST TRY!
SWEET AND SAVORY OATMEAL BAKE - BIGOVEN.COM
SAVORY BAKED OATMEAL WITH BACON, MUSHROOMS & ONIONS
6 EASY SWEET & SAVORY EASY OATMEAL RECIPES (LATEST)
8 SAVORY OATMEAL RECIPES + FREE EBOOK DOWNLOAD! - MIND ...
SAVORY BREAKFAST OATMEAL BARS RECIPE - VERY GOOD COOK
MAKE AHEAD SAVORY BAKED OATMEAL CUPS - SHE LIKES FOOD
THE ULTIMATE SAVORY OATMEAL RECIPE (GF) | THE WORKTOP
SAVORY VEGAN BAKED OATMEAL - VEGANOSITY
6 DELICIOUSLY SAVORY WAYS TO DRESS UP OATMEAL | COOKING …
SAVORY OATMEAL RECIPE - THE GRACIOUS PANTRY
SAVORY OATMEAL WITH GREEN CHILE • BEYOND MERE SUSTENANCE
SAVORY BAKED OATMEAL : EATCHEAPANDHEALTHY
SAVORY PIZZA OAT BAKE - ONE DEGREE ORGANICS
SAVORY OATMEAL RECIPE - FORKS OVER KNIVES
10 BEST SAVORY OATS RECIPES - YUMMLY
SAVORY OATMEAL RECIPE WITH TEMPEH ... - RUNNING ON REAL FOOD
SAVORY BAKED OATMEAL RECIPE
GOLDEN SAVORY OATMEAL (GLUTEN FREE, VEGAN) - FROM MY BOWL
SAVORY OATMEAL IS CHANGING THE BREAKFAST GAME - HUFFPOST
5 SAVORY OATMEAL RECIPES FROM AROUND THE WORLD - LOVE ...
8 SAVORY OATMEAL RECIPES TO GIVE YOU A FRESH NEW TASTE ON ...
CRANBERRY ALMOND BAKED OATMEAL | SAVORY
5 SAVORY OATMEAL RECIPES FOR BREAKFAST THAT YOU MUST TRY ...
SAVORY OATMEAL RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
SAVORY OATMEAL - EATING BIRD FOOD
SAVORY PIZZA OATMEAL BAKE - VEGAN RICHA
7 SAVORY OATMEAL RECIPES FOR BREAKFAST OR DINNER - …
VEGAN SAVORY SPINACH OATMEAL - VEGGIES DON'T BITE
SAVORY INN OATMEAL BAKE RECIPES
SAVORY OATMEAL BREAKFAST MUFFINS (GLUTEN FREE) - THE ...
SAVORY BAKED OATMEAL - BIGOVEN.COM
SAVORY PIZZA OATMEAL BAKE VEGAN - ALL FOODS MAGAZINE
SAVORY STEEL CUT OATMEAL - COOKIE AND KATE
OATMEAL RECIPES THAT ARE SAVORY, NOT SWEET - GREATIST
SAVOURY OATMEAL PORRIDGE RECIPE BY ... - ARCHANA'S KITCHEN
17 SAVORY OATMEAL RECIPES FOR BREAKFAST - FOOD NEWS
SAVORY VEGAN MEDITERRANEAN OATMEAL - VEGANOSITY
You'll also love