THYME-ROASTED CHICKEN WITH VEGETABLES
- Heat the oven to 375°F. Fold the wings of the chicken across the back so tips are touching. There may be a little resistance, but once they are in this position, they will stay. Tie the legs to the tail with string or use skewers; if the tail is missing, tie the legs together.
- In a shallow roasting pan, place the chicken with the breast side up. Insert an ovenproof meat thermometer so the tip is in the thickest part of inside thigh and does not touch bone. Roast chicken uncovered 45 minutes.
- While the chicken is roasting, peel the carrots, and cut into 1-inch pieces. Cut the celery into 1-inch pieces. Scrub the potatoes thoroughly with a vegetable brush or peel the potatoes, and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces. Peel the onions, and cut into wedges.
- Remove the chicken from the oven. Arrange the carrots, celery, potatoes and onions around the chicken. In a 1-quart saucepan, heat the butter over low heat just until melted. (Or place the butter in a small microwavable bowl; cover with a microwavable paper towel and microwave on High 10 to 20 seconds or until melted.) Stir the thyme into the butter, then drizzle over the chicken and vegetables.
- Cover the chicken and vegetables with foil; roast 45 to 60 minutes longer or until the thermometer reads 180°F and vegetables are tender when pierced with a fork. Or check for doneness by wiggling the legs; if they move easily, the chicken is done.
- Remove the vegetables from the pan, and cover with foil to keep warm while carving the chicken.
- Place chicken, breast up and with its legs to your right if you're right-handed or to the left if left-handed, on cutting board. Remove ties from legs.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 400, Carbohydrate 32 g, Cholesterol 95 mg, Fat 1, Fiber 5 g, Protein 30 g, SaturatedFat 6 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 180 mg, Sugar 7 g, TransFat 1/2 g
ROAST CHICKEN WITH VEG
- Set your oven rack to the bottom third of the oven and preheat to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Pat the inside and outside of the chicken dry with paper towel.
- Peel and finely mince one clove of garlic and add it to a small bowl along with the chopped herbs. Mash in 1 tablespoon of butter and season with salt and pepper.
- Gently separate the chicken skin from the breast meat using a spoon and divide the garlic herb butter under the skin of each breast, smoothing it to an even layer. Season the inside and outside of the chicken well with salt and pepper.
- Cut the lemon in half, peel and slice the onion into eight wedges through the root, and smash and peel one garlic clove. Stuff the lemon and garlic into the cavity of the chicken along with one wedge of onion and two sprigs of herbs. Tie the legs together with a piece of kitchen twine and tuck the wings underneath the bird, then set the chicken aside at room temperature for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Transfer the remaining onion, garlic and herb sprigs to a roasting pan along with the roughly chopped vegetables. Quarter the potatoes and add it along with 2 1/2 tablespoons of oil to the pan. Season well with salt and pepper and toss to coat.
- Shake into an even layer and place the chicken on top of the vegetables. Drizzle the remaining oil over the chicken and rub it in to coat. Pour 1/4 cup of chicken broth and the white wine over the vegetables.
- Roast the chicken, uncovered, for 60 to 75 minutes, or until a thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the thigh reads 165 degrees F and the vegetables are tender.
- Remove the chicken and the vegetables to a serving platter and tent with aluminum foil to keep warm and rest while you make the gravy.
- Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat in the roasting pan. Add the flour, whisk, and cook for 1 minute. While whisking, slowly add in the remaining 2 cups of chicken broth. Bring to a simmer and cook for 5 to 10 minutes, or until the gravy reaches your desired consistency. Serve alongside the chicken and roasted vegetables.
ROAST CHICKEN WITH VEGETABLES
New cooks are intimidated by the idea of roasting a chicken, but nothing could be simpler. If you roast the chicken with some vegetables in the same pan for about an hour, you will have a moist, golden bird and savory accompaniments - all ready to eat at the same time. While they cook, you can set the table, watch the news, maybe make a dessert.
Provided by Food Network
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Preparing the Vegetables Peel the carrots and cut them crosswise into 1 1/2-inch-long pieces. Cut the thicker pieces in half lengthwise as well. Peel each onion and cut into quarters. Wash the potatoes under cold water to get rid of any dirt. Leave them whole and unpeeled. Scatter the carrots, onions, and potatoes on the bottom of a 9-by-13-inch baking or roasting pan. Sprinkle 1 1/2 teaspoons of the salt and 1/2 teaspoon of the pepper over them, and lay 2 sprigs of the rosemary on top. If you are using dried rosemary, put 1 tablespoon in the palm of your hand and crumble it over the vegetables.
- Preparing the Chicken The giblets, which consist of the liver, gizzard, and heart, plus the neck, are usually in a package inside the cavity of the chicken, between the legs. Remove them and discard or refrigerate them to use later. If there is a pale-yellow chunk of fat on either side of the cavity, pull or cut it off and discard. Hold the chicken under cold running water and rinse it inside and out. Shake off excess water and pat dry with paper towels. Sprinkle the remaining 11/2 teaspoons of salt and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper over the outside of the chicken, rubbing them all over the skin. Set the chicken, the breast side facing up, on top of some of the vegetables, with the remaining ones surrounding the bird. Insert a dial-type (not instant-read) thermometer into the breast, taking care that the rod of the thermometer does not touch any bones.
- Roasting the Chicken Put the chicken in the center of the oven and set the timer for 30 minutes. When the timer rings, remove the pan from the oven and, using a large spoon, turn over the vegetables that surround the chicken. Don't bother with the vegetables under the chicken. Return the pan to the oven and set the timer for 30 more minutes. After 30 minutes, take the chicken out of the oven to check for doneness. Insert the tip of a small paring knife into the meat of the thigh where it attaches to the body. If the juices that run out are pink, the chicken needs to continue cooking for another 10 to 15 minutes. If the juices are clear, it is done. The meat thermometer should show a temperature of 170 degrees F to 180 degrees F when the chicken is done.
- Carving the Chicken Carve the chicken according to the instructions on the preceding page. Scoop the vegetables out of the roasting pan and onto a serving platter. Remove the fat from the pan juices. Arrange the cut chicken pieces on top of vegetables, spoon some pan juices over the chicken and vegetables, scatter the 2 remaining rosemary sprigs on top and bring the dish to the table for serving.
ROAST CHICKEN AND VEGETABLES
An easy-to-prepare one-dish recipe. A combination of blue ribbon recipes I've found all over the internet and fused together. Feel free to substitute a bit here and there to make it your own.
Provided by Chonchos
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat oven to 385 degrees F (196 degrees C).
- Pour olive oil into a large bowl; toss potatoes, carrots, bite-size pieces of celery, and 3/4 of the sliced onion in the oil to coat. Set remaining onion aside. Transfer oiled vegetables to a large cast iron skillet.
- Rinse chicken and pat thoroughly dry with paper towels. Generously season the chicken, inside and out, with salt, black pepper, and garlic powder. Place the remaining 1/4 of the sliced onion, 1/4 cup margarine, lemon slices, 1 teaspoon minced garlic, and large pieces of celery into the cavity of the chicken.
- Place the chicken atop the oiled vegetables; scatter remaining 1/4 cup of margarine pieces and 1 2/3 tablespoon minced garlic in small amounts around the vegetables.
- Roast chicken and vegetables in the preheated oven until the skin is browned and crisp, the vegetables are tender, and an instant-read meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of a thigh reads 165 degrees F (75 degrees C), about 1 hour and 45 minutes. Let chicken rest for 10 minutes before carving and serving with vegetables.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 753.5 calories, Carbohydrate 36.2 g, Cholesterol 145.5 mg, Fat 45.6 g, Fiber 6.1 g, Protein 50.4 g, SaturatedFat 10.5 g, Sodium 413.9 mg, Sugar 6.7 g
ROASTED WHOLE CHICKEN WITH LEMON VEGGIES
The ultimate one dish meal! Tender, crispy chicken roasted with lemony herbed vegetables! Simple and perfect for Sunday dinner or busy weeknights!
Provided by Cleanfreshcuisine
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4 , 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat oven to 375 degrees with oven rack at lowest level.
- Remove giblets from chicken and discard. Rinse chicken inside and out. Pat dry with paper towels. Place chicken in large roasting pan, 12″ x 18″.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, rosemary, oregano, garlic powder and black pepper. Set aside.
- Rinse baby carrots. Wash celery and cut into 2 inch chunks. Wash yellow potatoes and slice in half lengthwise (No need to peel! Love those yellow spuds!) Clean onion and cut into 1″ chunks. Place veggies in lemon marinade and toss to coat.
- Arrange veggies around the chicken. Baste chicken with remaining marinade.
- Bake at 375 for 90 minutes, turning veggies halfway through. Test chicken with meat thermometer at thickest part. Temperature should be 180 degrees for well done.
- Serve with tossed green salad.
- Serves 4.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 594.7, Fat 28, SaturatedFat 4.1, Sodium 148.9, Carbohydrate 81.3, Fiber 15, Sugar 10.4, Protein 8.8
ROASTED CHICKEN AND ROOT VEGGIES
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place washed chicken in a large baking dish.
- Toss veggies in olive oil and then place around chicken.
- Pour the chicken broth over veggies and chicken, sprinkle with the Italian seasoning.
- Add seasoned salt and lemon pepper to taste.
- Lay rosemary sprigs over all.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1-1/2 to 2 hours, basting frequently.
- Remove the rosemary sprigs before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1091.8, Fat 65.4, SaturatedFat 16.7, Cholesterol 255.2, Sodium 381.5, Carbohydrate 54.2, Fiber 8.1, Sugar 11.5, Protein 70.6
ROASTED CHICKEN WITH VEGETABLES
For those of you who watched Top Chef on Bravo channel, you may recognize this as a dish Elia prepared. It was the only thing simple enough in the whole show I thought I could make. It is a wonderful never-fail dish. It sounds like a lot of work but really after you wash and cut the veggies, there's nothing to it. And clean-up is a breeze if you use heavy duty aluminum foil in the roasting pan. I leave out the zucchini because it gets too mushy for me. Even though this dish is a meal in itself, I usually prepare some stuffing to go along with all the buttery broth. The rosemary smell in the kitchen is indescribable.
Provided by GreeksWife
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Rub chicken all over with 1/4 cup of the butter and salt and pepper generously.
- Combine vegetables and spread into one layer in the bottom of a roasting pan.
- Distribute remaining pieces of butter over vegetables and season with salt.
- Top with chicken and fresh herb sprigs.
- Roast 15-20 minutes per pound.
- Allow to sit a few minutes before carving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1683.8, Fat 145.9, SaturatedFat 73.6, Cholesterol 487.9, Sodium 966, Carbohydrate 32.3, Fiber 7.3, Sugar 9.4, Protein 65.4
ROAST CHICKEN DRUMSTICKS AND VEGETABLES
- Preheat oven to 200C fan forced.
- Line a roasting pan with baking paper and put the chicken drumsticks, sweet potato, capsicum, carrot, onion and garlic in the pan and spray the chicken and vegetables with the cooking spray and then sprinkle 1 tablespoon of oregano leaves and the paprika and season with pepper and roast for 20 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes to the pan and spray with cooking spray and roast for a further 15 to 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
- Drizzle lemon juice and vinegar over the chicken and vegetables and top with the oregano leaves and squeeze the pulp from the garlic cloves over the chicken and vegetables to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 461.5, Fat 13.4, SaturatedFat 3.7, Cholesterol 118.3, Sodium 240.1, Carbohydrate 52.3, Fiber 10.3, Sugar 16.7, Protein 34.2
ROASTED CHICKEN WITH VEGGIES
Bright, tender vegetables surround this moist golden chicken seasoned with aromatic thyme. - Mary Beth Hansen, Columbia, Tennessee
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place chicken, breast side up, in a 14-in. cast-iron or other ovenproof skillet. Rub with oil; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. If desired, tie legs together with baker's twine. Bake, uncovered, 1 hour. , Arrange the carrots, celery, potatoes and onions around chicken. Combine butter and thyme; drizzle over chicken and vegetables. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper., Cover and bake until a thermometer inserted in thickest part of thigh reads 170°-175° and vegetables are tender, 30-45 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 329 calories, Fat 10g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 80mg cholesterol, Sodium 187mg sodium, Carbohydrate 31g carbohydrate (9g sugars, Fiber 5g fiber), Protein 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
More about "quick roast chicken with fresh veggies food"
QUICK ROAST CHICKEN & ROOT VEGETABLES RECIPE | EATINGWELL
5/5 (5)Total Time 45 minsCategory Healthy Chicken RecipesCalories 333 per serving
- Toss turnips, potatoes, 1 tablespoon oil, marjoram, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper together in a medium bowl. Spread in an even layer on a large baking sheet. Roast for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place flour in a shallow dish. Transfer 2 teaspoons of the flour to a small bowl and whisk in broth; set aside. Season chicken with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Dredge the chicken in the flour, shaking off excess. (Discard any leftover flour.)
- Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken, skinned-side down, and cook until well browned on the bottom, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat.
QUICK ROAST CHICKEN & ROOT VEGETABLES RECIPE
BUTTERFLIED ROAST CHICKEN | IGA RECIPES
55 CHICKEN AND VEGETABLE RECIPES | TASTE OF HOME
OVEN ROASTED CHICKEN AND VEGETABLES (ONE PAN) | ONE POT RECIPES
QUICK SKILLET-ROASTED CHICKEN WITH SPRING VEGETABLES
TOM COLICCHIO’S ONE-PAN ROAST CHICKEN WITH VEGGIES
ROAST CHICKEN WITH VEGGIES - THESUPERHEALTHYFOOD
10 BEST ROASTED CHICKEN THIGHS WITH VEGETABLES RECIPES
SIMPLE ROASTED CHICKEN WITH QUICK-ROASTED ROOT VEGETABLES
CRANBERRY-BRAISED CHICKEN WITH ROASTED VEGGIES - GOODFOOD
HERB ROASTED CHICKEN - THE DINNER BITE
ROASTED CHICKEN WITH FALL VEGETABLES - A HINT OF ROSEMARY
QUICK ROAST CHICKEN WITH FRESH VEGGIES RECIPE - FOOD.COM
You'll also love