THE BEST BASIC GRILLED CORN RECIPE
- Light 1 chimney full of charcoal. When all charcoal is lit and covered with gray ash, pour out and arrange coals on one side of charcoal grate. Set cooking grate in place, cover grill, and allow to preheat for 5 minutes. Alternatively, set half the burners on a gas grill to the highest heat setting, cover, and preheat for 10 minutes. Clean and oil grilling grate.
- Remove corn from grill and allow to rest for 2 minutes. Roll in butter, sprinkle with salt, and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 125 kcal, Carbohydrate 17 g, Cholesterol 15 mg, Fiber 2 g, Protein 3 g, SaturatedFat 4 g, Sodium 323 mg, Sugar 4 g, Fat 7 g, ServingSize Serves 8, UnsaturatedFat 0 g
GRILLED SOUTHWESTERN CORN
Corn on the cob makes a summer meal complete. Sprinkled with a few seasonings, this veggie is the cream of the crop.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Categories Side Dish
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat gas or charcoal grill. Carefully brush grill rack with canola oil. Place corn directly on grill over medium-high heat. Cover grill; cook 8 to 10 minutes, turning occasionally, until lightly browned on all sides.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix salt and cilantro; set aside.
- In 8-inch nonstick skillet, mix 1 tablespoon oil and the cumin. Cook over medium heat about 30 seconds, stirring frequently, until fragrant. Stir in garlic powder and red pepper. Brush cumin mixture over hot corn; sprinkle with cilantro-salt mixture.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 160, Carbohydrate 25 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Fat 1, Fiber 4 g, Protein 3 g, SaturatedFat 1/2 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 160 mg, Sugar 3 g, TransFat 0 g
GRILLED CORN AND BEAN SALAD
- For the salad: Preheat a grill on high for 5 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium high and grill the corn, with the cover closed and turning occasionally, until some kernels are black, about 12 minutes. Remove and allow the corn to cool slightly.
- Using a sharp knife, cut off the kernels into a very large, deep serving bowl. (Hold the narrow end of the cob, point the other end into the bowl and cut downward, so that flying kernels are trapped by the bowl itself.) Add the black beans, chickpeas, cilantro, green and red bell peppers, onions, chile peppers, salt and pepper to taste to the bowl and toss.
- For the dressing: Whisk together the lime juice, sugar, salt, vinegar, cumin, chili powder, garlic and olive oil in a small bowl. Season to taste with hot sauce.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to thoroughly coat. Let sit at room temperature for 20 minutes, toss again and serve. The salad can be made a day in advance, covered and refrigerated. Bring to room temperature before serving.
GRILLED CORN ON THE COB IN FOIL
Grilled Corn on the Cob in Foil is incredibly easy to make - and such a classic side dish for the summer months!
Provided by Nora from Savory Nothings
Categories Side Dish
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Preheat grill to 400°F.
- Mash butter with salt, garlic powder and pepper until smooth (works great with a small fork).
- Rub each ear of corn with butter mixture, then place on large aluminium foil pieces (I do 2 ears of corn per foil packet, but can also do each individually). If using regular aluminium foil, use a double layer to protect corn from direct heat. Fold foil up and over ears of corn to create a foil packet, crimping to seal all edges.
- Place corn in foil packets on grill, close lid and grill for 10 minutes.
- Carefully remove packets from grill, very carefully open and flip each ear of corn. Carefully seal foil packets again and finish grilling corn for another 10-20 minutes, until cooked through and slightly starting to brown.
- Carefully remove foil packets from grill, carefully open and serve corn with more butter and salt.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 serving, Calories 167 kcal, Carbohydrate 22 g, Protein 4 g, Fat 9 g, SaturatedFat 5 g, TransFat 1 g, Cholesterol 20 mg, Sodium 165 mg, Fiber 3 g, Sugar 5 g
SOUTHWESTERN ROASTED CORN SALAD
- Place the corn in a large pot with enough water to cover, and soak at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat grill for high heat. Remove silks from corn, but leave the husks.
- Place corn on the preheated grill. Cook, turning occasionally, 20 minutes, or until tender. Remove from heat, cool slightly, and discard husks.
- Cut the corn kernels from the cob, and place in a medium bowl. Mix in the red bell pepper, green bell pepper, and red onion.
- In a blender or food processor, mix the cilantro, olive oil, garlic, lime juice, sugar, salt, pepper, and hot sauce. Blend until smooth, and stir into the corn salad.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 223.1 calories, Carbohydrate 23.9 g, Fat 14.7 g, Fiber 4.1 g, Protein 3.7 g, SaturatedFat 2.1 g, Sodium 355.6 mg, Sugar 5.5 g
SOUTHWESTERN GRILLED BEEF SALAD WITH CORN SALSA AND CHIPOTLE DRESSING
- For dressing:
- Whisk first 4 ingredients in medium bowl in blend. Gradually whisk in oil. Season with salt and pepper. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.
- For Salsa:
- Blanch corn in large pot of boiling salted water 2 minutes. Drain. Cool. Cut corn from cob. Transfer corn kernels to large bowl. Add tomatoes, jicama, onion and cilantro and mix. (Can be prepared 6 hours ahead. Cover and chill.)
- For steak:
- Combine first 4 ingredients in small bowl. Spread spice paste over both sides of steaks. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours or up to 6 hours.
- For Assembly:
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Grill steaks to desired doneness, about 5 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer steaks to cutting board and let stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add avocado and 2 tablespoons dressing to salsa and mix. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Place greens in large bowl and toss with enough dressing to coat. Divide greens equally among 6 plates. Fan some mango slices on 1 side of each salad. Top each salad with 1/2 cup salsa.
- Thinly steaks crosswise. Arrange atop greens. Serve, passing remaining dressing separately.
More about "grilled southwestern corn food"
GRILLED SOUTHWESTERN STEAKS WITH GRILLED MEXICAN STREET …
GRILLED SOUTHWESTERN CORN RECIPE - LIFEMADEDELICIOUS.CA
QUICK AND TASTY SOUTHWESTERN SKILLET CORN - FOOD FIDELITY
GRILLED MEXICAN STREET CORN (ELOTE) RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
SOUTHWESTERN CORN SALAD - JOY BAUER
SOUTHWESTERN CORN - TOGETHER AS FAMILY
SOUTHWESTERN CORN CHOWDER RECIPE - COOKIE AND KATE
HOW TO GRILL CORN ON THE COB 3 WAYS - FOOD NETWORK
Author Food Network KitchenEstimated Reading Time 3 mins
GRILLED STEAK SALAD WITH CORN, CUCUMBERS & GRILLED SWEET ONION …
HOW TO MAKE A GRILLED SOUTHWESTERN CORN SALAD - WONDERHOWTO
GRILLED CORN SOUTHWEST STYLE - YOUTUBE
BEST GRILLED CORN SALADS - ALLRECIPES
SOUTHWESTERN CORN AND AVOCADO SALAD - FOOD52
MEXICAN STYLE GRILLED CORN ON THE COB RECIPE WITH ... - EVERYDAY …
SOUTHWEST GRILLED CORN SALAD - IOWA GIRL EATS
THE BEST GRILLED SOUTHWEST CHICKEN SALAD RECIPE - FIT MAMA REAL …
THE BEST GRILLED CORN ON THE COB IS EASIER THAN YOU THINK - BON …
RECIPE: GRILLED SOUTHWESTERN SLAW – CLEVELAND CLINIC
SOUTHWEST QUINOA AND GRILLED CORN SALAD | FOODIECRUSH.COM
You'll also love