CHARGRILLED LAMB STEAKS WITH GARLIC AND ROSEMARY
From Australia the Beautiful Cookbook; New South Wales. "Just about everyone who enjoys a steak will love this alternative to beef steak. Ask your butcher to saw a leg of lamb (bone in) into steaks. Because the steaks have been marinated, they will cook very quickly. Begin to prepare this dish 1 day in advance of serving." Prep time doesn't include the 24-hour marinating time.
Provided by mersaydees
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Remove the small round bone from the center of each lamb steak.
- Place the garlic in a large, shallow nonreactive dish and place the steaks on top. Sprinkle with the rosemary and pour the olive oil over the top. Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours, turning once.
- Preheat a broiler or griller on high or prepare a fire in a barbecue. When very hot, remove steaks from marinade, reserving marinade, and place them on the griller tray or barbecue rack. Sear quickly on both sides to seal in the juices. Sprinkle with salt and grind some black pepper over each steak and leave to cook to individual taste, painting with the marinade during cooking.
- The steaks are at their best when cooked and still pink inside, about 5 minutes on the first side and 3 minutes on the second side.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 161.7, Fat 18, SaturatedFat 2.5, Sodium 0.7, Carbohydrate 0.6, Fiber 0.1, Protein 0.1
GRILLED LEG OF LAMB STEAKS
- Place lamb steaks in a single layer in a shallow dish. Cover with olive oil, garlic, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Flip steaks to coat both sides. Let sit until steaks absorb flavors, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat and lightly oil the grate. Cook steaks until browned on the outside and slightly pink in the center, about 5 minutes per side for medium. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 140 degrees F (60 degrees C).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 327.3 calories, Carbohydrate 1.7 g, Cholesterol 92.9 mg, Fat 21.9 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 29.6 g, SaturatedFat 5.3 g, Sodium 112.1 mg, Sugar 0.1 g
GRILLED LEG OF LAMB
- Combine the yogurt, olive oil, lemon zest and juice, rosemary, salt, and pepper in a large non-reactive bowl. Add the lamb, making sure it is covered with marinade. Marinate in the refrigerator, covered, overnight or for up to 3 days.
- Bring the lamb to room temperature. Prepare a charcoal grill with hot coals. Scrape the marinade off the lamb, wipe the meat with paper towels, and season it generously with salt and pepper. Brush the grill with oil to keep the lamb from sticking, and grill on both sides until the internal temperature is 120 to 125 degrees for rare. This will take 40 minutes to 1 hour, depending on how hot the grill is.
- Remove the lamb to a cutting board, cover with aluminum foil, and allow to rest for 20 minutes. Then slice and serve.
GRILLED BONELESS LEG OF LAMB
- Preheat a grill or grill pan. Place lamb on a shallow baking pan. Season both sides of the meat with salt and coarse black pepper. In a food processor, puree the garlic, mint, salt and pepper, then add the extra-virgin olive oil in a slow stream. Pour marinade over the lamb and rub into the meat. Place on grill and cook on 1 side for 10 minutes. Flip lamb, cover with aluminum foil and grill for another 10 minutes.
- Remove lamb from grill pan and let rest for 10 minutes for juices to redistribute. Slice and serve. Squeeze a wedge of lemon or grapefruit over the meat and enjoy. Reserve 1 pound of the meat for the next day's recipe, see below. Complete this menu with Baby Potatoes with Cumin and Watercress Salad with Lime Dressing.
- Set potatoes on a cookie sheet and drizzle them with just enough oil to lightly coat them, about 1 1/2 tablespoons. Toss potatoes with cumin seed and roast 20 minutes at 400 in a hot oven, then broil 5 minutes on high to brown edges of the cut potatoes. If you are making them with the above recipe for lamb, set the baking sheet with the potatoes in the oven along side the lamb on the same rack. Toss cooked potatoes with salt, to your taste, and serve.
- 1 bunch watercress, trimmed and coarsely chopped
- 4 sprigs fresh mint, chopped, 2 tablespoons
- A handful of flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 heart of romaine, coarsely chopped
- 1 ripe lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, eyeball it
- Coarse salt and pepper
- Combine watercress, mint, parsley and romaine in a small salad bowl. Combine lime juice and sugar in a small dressing bowl. Whisk oil into lime juice in a slow stream. Pour dressing over the salad and season with salt and pepper, to your taste.
GRILLED LAMB STEAKS WITH ROSEMARY & THYME
- Make a wood or charcoal fire in a barbecue or preheat a gas barbecue grill.
- Rub both sides of the chops with the pepper, rosemary and thyme.
- Clean the grill with a wire brush, then lightly oil it.
- When the coals are medium-hot, put the chops directly over the coals and cook 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Remove to a platter and sprinkle with the salt.
- Serve immediately, spooning a little of the collected juices over each chop.
GRILLED MARINATED LEG OF LAMB
- Combine oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper in sealable plastic bag. Add lamb and seal bag, pressing out air. Turn bag to coat lamb, then put bag in a shallow baking pan and marinate, chilled, turning bag over occasionally, at least 8 hours.
- Bring lamb to room temperature, about 1 hour, before grilling.
- Prepare grill for cooking over direct heat with medium-hot charcoal (moderate heat for gas); see Grilling Procedure.
- Remove lamb from marinade (discard marinade) and run 3 or 4 skewers lengthwise through lamb about 2 inches apart. Grill on a lightly oiled grill rack, covered only if using gas grill, turning over occasionally and, if necessary, moving around on grill to avoid flare-ups, until thermometer registers 125 to 128°F, 8 to 14 minutes total for medium-rare.
- Transfer lamb to a cutting board and remove skewers. Let lamb stand, loosely covered with foil, 20 minutes. (Internal temperature will rise to 135°F while meat stands.) Cut across the grain into slices.
MEDITERRANEAN GRILLED LAMB STEAKS
Boneless top round roast is a cut taken from the flavorful leg. Here, we sliced it across the grain into steaks that are grilled and served with a Mediterranean-inspired combination of artichoke hearts, olives, and fire-roasted tomatoes.
Provided by Paul Grimes
Yield Makes 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat until it shimmers. Cook garlic, bay leaf, fennel seeds, and zest, stirring, until fennel seeds are golden, about 1 minute. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until pale golden, about 3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium, then add tomatoes with their juice, artichokes, and olives and cook, covered, until vegetables are tender, 5 to 8 minutes. Discard bay leaf and zest.
- Meanwhile, heat grill pan over medium-high heat until hot.
- Cut lamb across the grain into 4 (1-inch-thick) steaks. Brush both sides of steaks with remaining 2 tablespoons oil and season with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper (total).
- Grill lamb, turning once, about 10 minutes total for medium-rare.
- Spoon tomato mixture onto plates and top with lamb.
More about "grilled leg of lamb steaks food"
GRILLED LEG OF LAMB WITH GARLIC AND ROSEMARY - FOOD & …
5/5 (45)Total Time 4 hrs 45 minsServings 6-8Published 2013-12-07
- Spread the lamb on a work surface. With a boning or paring knife, cut between the muscles and separate them using your fingers. Trim away any excess fat and gristle.
- In a large, shallow dish, combine the olive oil, garlic and rosemary. Add the lamb and turn to coat. Let marinate at room temperature for 4 hours, turning a few times.
- Light a grill. Season the lamb with salt and pepper; do not scrape off the garlic or rosemary. Grill the lamb over a hot fire, turning often, until an instant-read thermometer inserted in each piece registers 125° to 130° for medium-rare. The times will vary according to the size and shape of the lamb leg, anywhere from 8 minutes for a 6-ounce piece to 20 minutes for a 1 1/2-pound piece. Transfer the lamb to a carving board as each one is done, cover loosely with foil and let rest for 15 minutes. Thinly slice the lamb and serve.
KICK OFF GRILLING SEASON WITH LAMB LEG STEAKS - TASTE WITH ...
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
GRILLED LAMB STEAK RECIPES - COOKEATSHARE
LAMB LEG GRILLED WITH ROSEMARY, GARLIC, DIJON MARINADE
GRILLED LEG OF LAMB STEAKS RECIPE
SMOKED BONELESS LEG OF LAMB (PELLET GRILL RECIPE)
FROM THE GRILL
GRILLED LEG OF LAMB STEAKS RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
LAMB STEAKS RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
GRILLED LEG OF LAMB STEAKS - BONE-IN LAMB STEAKS ...
LAMB STEAKS RECIPES - BBC GOOD FOOD
MARINATED & GRILLED LAMB (OR STEAK) SHISH KABOBS
BROILED LAMB STEAKS RECIPES - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
10 BEST LAMB LEG STEAK RECIPES - YUMMLY
GRILLED LEG OF LAMB | TIPS & TECHNIQUES | WEBER GRILLS
GRILLED LEG OF LAMB STEAKS RECIPES
NINJA FOODIE GRILL LAMB - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
GRILLED LAMB STEAK WITH ROSEMARY BUTTER RECIPE - BBC FOOD
GRILLED LEG OF LAMB, MEXICAN-STYLE RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
GRILLED LAMB STEAK RECIPES – GO FOOD RECIPE
GRILLED LEG OF LAMB STEAKS | RECIPE | LAMB STEAKS, GRILLED ...
GRILLED LEG OF LAMB STEAKS - CRECIPE.COM
HOW LONG TO GRILL A LAMB STEAK? – DOESEATPLACE
TRAEGER GRILL LAMB LEG STEAK - YOUR BEST ONLINE RESOURCE ...
ROSé-MARINATED GRILLED LEG OF LAMB WITH WALNUT SALSA ...
GRILLED HERBED LEG OF LAMB RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
HOW TO GRILL LAMB LEG STEAK? – DOESEATPLACE
GRILLED LAMB STEAKS WITH MINT HONEY VINAIGRETTE RECIPE
HOW TO COOK LAMB LEG STEAKS - OUR RECIPE | FARMISON & CO™
LAMB LEG STEAKS RECIPES
GRILLED LAMB STEAK RECIPES - SIMPLE CHEF RECIPE
EASY LAMB STEAKS RECIPE (TENDER & JUICY EVERY TIME ...
LAMB LEG STEAK RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
LAMB STEAK | THAI STYLE GRILLED LEG OF LAMB | TCG-THE ...
HERB BUTTER AMERICAN LAMB STEAKS - OVER THE FIRE COOKING
GRILLED LEG OF LAMB STEAKS - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
HOW LONG TO COOK LAMB ON THE GRILL | ALLRECIPES
7 TIPS FOR GRILLING LAMB CHOPS, STEAKS AND LEGS
HOW TO GRILL A LAMB STEAK - OUR EVERYDAY LIFE
You'll also love