FOOD ALLERGY MUMS' CHICKEN CASSEROLE
This is a great supper dish that is full of flavour and very easy to make. The sauce creates a delicious broth, which is perfect paired with mashed potato or simply boiled rice.
Provided by Food Allergy Mums
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat the oil in a heavy-based pan over a medium to high heat and fry the chicken, skin side down, until it becomes crispy. It will take about 5 minutes to get a lovely golden colour. You may need to cook the chicken in batches if you have a small pan. Use a slotted spoon to remove the chicken pieces and set aside.
- Pour away any excess fat and then, in the same pan, cook the bacon lardons and onions for about 5 minutes until they have taken on some colour.
- Add the sweet potato and mushrooms and then return the chicken pieces to the pan, placing them on top, skin side up.
- Pour over the stock until it just reaches the chicken skin, add the thyme and cover with a lid.
- Leave to simmer very gently for about 10-15 minutes until the chicken is cooked through. The cooking time will depend on the size of the chicken pieces so do check by removing a piece of chicken and cutting into it with a sharp knife.
- If you end up having more sauce than you'd like in the pan, simply strain into a clean saucepan, bring to the boil and reduce down and thicken by boiling it.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 544 calories, Fat 31.2 g fat, SaturatedFat 8.8 g saturated fat, Protein 37.5 g protein, Carbohydrate 30.4 g carbohydrate, Sugar 9.6 g sugar, Sodium 1.4 g salt, Fiber 3.9 g fibre
MUM'S BEEF OR CHICKEN CASSEROLE
This was mum's basic casserole recipe. I made it with chicken tonight and it was a lovely old fashioned style casserole. I also cooked it on the cooktop as I was in a hurry and it only takes half the time. Update: 12 Oct 06 I have just posted a photo of the beef casserole that was cooked in the oven.
Provided by Ninna
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Roll meat in flour and add to casserole dish along with onions, sauces, seasonings and water with stock cube.
- Add potatoes, carrots and beans and cook covered in oven at 180degC (350degF) for 40 minutes, then add peas and cook further 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- NB; Mum added 1 teaspoons of vegemite for more flavour and to darken the gravy - substitute with similar product if you wish.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 388.4, Fat 5.4, SaturatedFat 1.8, Cholesterol 71.4, Sodium 461.7, Carbohydrate 49.6, Fiber 6.9, Sugar 5.9, Protein 35
More about "food allergy mums chicken casserole"
FOOD ALLERGY MUMS' CHICKEN DRUMSTICKS - JAMIE OLIVER
Servings 4Total Time 45 minsCategory Family One-Pan RecipesCalories 303 per serving
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/gas 6.Heat a little oil in a frying pan over a medium to high heat and add the chicken drumsticks.
- Cook for a few minutes, just to allow the skin to take on a bit of colour.Deseed and slice the peppers and cut the lemon into quarters.If your frying pan is ovenproof, add the rest of the ingredients (apart from the parsley) to the pan.
- If not, just transfer the chicken drumsticks to a roasting tin and then add the rest of the ingredients (apart from the parsley).Season with freshly ground black pepper to taste.
20 SIMPLE AND SATISFYING CHICKEN CASSEROLE RECIPES
CHICKEN THIGH RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVER | JAMIE OLIVER
FOOD ALLERGIES DURING AND AFTER PREGNANCY: MOMS …
CHICKEN ALLERGY: SYMPTOMS, CAUSES, AND MORE
CHICKEN ALLERGY: SYMPTOMS, MANAGEMENT, AND WHAT TO AVOID
TRADITIONAL COUNTRY CHICKEN CASSEROLE RECIPE | ANNABEL KARMEL
10 BEST GLUTEN FREE FINGER FOODS RECIPES | YUMMLY
POTATO RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVER
HEALTHY CHICKEN CASSEROLES | COOKING LIGHT
CHICKEN CASSEROLE RECIPES - BBC FOOD
EASY CHICKEN CASSEROLE RECIPE | JAMIE OLIVER CHICKEN RECIPES
SWEET POTATO RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVER
FOOD ALLERGY MUMS' CHICKEN CASSEROLE - COOKING RECIPIES
THIS IS THE IDEAL CASSEROLE TO BRING TO A NEW MOM
FOOD ALLERGY MUMS’ CHICKEN CASSEROLE – FOODRECEPIESSITE
CHICKEN CASSEROLE RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK
JAMIE OLIVER | SEARCH
MOM'S CREAMY CHICKEN AND BROCCOLI CASSEROLE RECIPE
You'll also love