This is a recipe to serve your mother-in-law; we call it a 'bride basic'. It differs from some Chicken Divan recipes because of the curry. Men love this. Wonderful! The ingredients can be 'assembled' and frozen, then baked when you're ready. Serve with rice and a fruit salad, if desired.
Provided by Beth
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 3-quart casserole dish.
- Arrange cooked broccoli in prepared baking dish. Arrange chicken over broccoli. Add mushrooms and water chestnuts (see Cook's Note).
- In a medium bowl, combine the soup, mayonnaise, lemon juice, curry powder, and melted butter. Mix together and pour sauce mixture over chicken and vegetables. Sprinkle cheese on top and bake in the preheated oven until the casserole is bubbly and the cheese is golden brown, 30 to 45 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 523.8 calories, Carbohydrate 18 g, Cholesterol 72 mg, Fat 42.2 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 20 g, SaturatedFat 9.7 g, Sodium 1164.3 mg, Sugar 3.4 g
DAD'S DIVINE CHICKEN DIVAN
Our family favorite chicken divan recipe! I've been making this yummy recipe for years. We really love the touch of lemon and curry-- it's simply divine!!! Make mine with extra cheese, please. May use chicken or leftover turkey. Serve over hot cooked rice. Recipe is originally from my father, but I've tweaked it to suit my family's tastes. I hope you enjoy!
Provided by BecR2400
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter a 1 1/2-quart baking dish.
- Combine cream of chicken soup, mayonnaise, lemon juice, and curry powder in a small bowl.
- Arrange broccoli in a single layer in the buttered dish, reserving a few florets for the top.
- Cover with chicken strips.
- Pour soup mixture evenly over chicken and broccoli.
- Sprinkle with bread crumbs and melted butter, dot with a few broccoli florets, and sprinkle cheese over the top.
- Bake until heated through, about 25 minutes.
- Serve over rice.
BROCCOLI CHICKEN DIVAN
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Place the broccoli in a saucepan with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, and cook 5 minutes, or until tender. Drain.
- Place the cooked broccoli in a 9 inch pie plate. Top with the chicken. In a bowl, mix the soup and milk, and pour over the chicken. Sprinkle with Cheddar cheese. Mix the melted butter with the bread crumbs, and sprinkle over the cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, or until bubbly and lightly brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 186.4 calories, Carbohydrate 12.2 g, Cholesterol 44.3 mg, Fat 8.5 g, Fiber 2.5 g, Protein 15.5 g, SaturatedFat 4.2 g, Sodium 440.2 mg, Sugar 3.3 g
Chicken breasts, broccoli, and mushrooms are smothered in a creamy Mornay sauce and topped with a blanket of cheesy breadcrumbs in this classic Chicken Divan.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Serves 6 to 8
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large straight-sided skillet, simmer 1/2 cup water over medium-high heat, then add broccoli and a pinch of salt. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook until crisp-tender, about 6 minutes. Drain well, then transfer to a large bowl; set aside. Wipe out skillet.
- Pat chicken dry; season with salt and pepper. Melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat. Add half the chicken and cook, turning once, until browned and cooked through, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining chicken; set aside.
- 3. In same skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter, then add onion and mushrooms. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender and starting to brown, 6 to 7 minutes. Add flour and cook, stirring, 30 seconds. Slowly add milk, reduce heat to medium, and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, about 9 minutes. Add 2 cups cheese, Dijon, Worcestershire, cayenne, and sour cream; stir until combined. Season with salt and pepper. Add cheese sauce to bowl with broccoli, followed by chicken and accumulated juices; toss to combine. Transfer to a 2 1/2-quart baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons melted butter, panko, and remaining 1 cup cheese. Sprinkle over broccoli-and-chicken mixture. Bake until bubbly and golden, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool 15 minutes, then serve over noodles or rice.
DIVINE CHICKEN DIVAN
This is different than the other recipes as there is no curry, no rice, and no breadcrumbs or stuffing to mix with butter for the topping. It is our favorite way to have chicken divan.
Provided by nonnie4sj
Categories Chicken Breast
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Spray 9x13 pan with cooking spray (PAM).
- Spread thawed broccoli over bottom of pan.
- Distribute cubed chicken over top of broccoli.
- Mix cream soups (you can use any combination of flavors. I generally use a cream of broccoli and a cream of chicken), mayo and lemon juice until well blended.
- Spread sauce over the chicken.
- Sprinkle with cheese (I use closer to 4 cups than the original 2 the recipe called for).
- Crush Ritz crackers (I leave the sleeve unopened and crush the crackers in the sleeve. This also gives you a handy way to pour out the crackers in the next step).
- Distribute crushed crackers over the top of the cheese, covering well.
- Place in oven and bake for approximately 30 minutes until bubbly.
This tasty chicken divan recipe was given to me by a friend years ago, and it's been a family favorite ever since. My daughters enjoy making this dish in their own homes and get the same enthusiastic compliments I always do! -Mary Pat Lucia, North East, Pennsylvania
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a small saucepan, melt 1/4 cup butter. Add flour, stirring until blended. Stir in the cream and cooking sherry or water; cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 2 more minutes. Blend in soup until smooth; remove from the heat and set aside. , Place broccoli in an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Cover with rice and then half of the sauce. Top with chicken. Stir shredded cheese into remaining sauce; pour over the chicken. , Melt the remaining butter and toss with bread crumbs. Sprinkle over the casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-45 minutes or until heated through. If desired, sprinkle with parsley before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 412 calories, Fat 24g fat (12g saturated fat), Cholesterol 98mg cholesterol, Sodium 798mg sodium, Carbohydrate 20g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 22g protein.
DELUXE, DIVINE CHICKEN DIVAN
- Toast almonds in a small skillet until golden. Set aside.
- Bring 2 3/4 cups chicken stock, the zest of 1 lemon, thyme sprigs and a tablespoon of butter to a boil in a medium pot with a tight fitting lid. Add rice to water, stir. Return the water to a boil then reduce heat to simmer and cove the pot. Cook 18 minutes or until tender, remove from heat. Remove the thyme sprigs, the leaves will have fallen off in the rice.
- While the rice cooks, season chicken with salt, pepper and poultry seasoning. Dredge chicken in about half cup of flour then discard the rest. Heat a large skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Add 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, 2 turns of the pan, and 1 tablespoon butter to the large skillet. To the hot butter and oil, add the cutlets and cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Remove the meat to a large platter and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Bring an inch or 2 of water to a simmer in a shallow pan and season with salt. Add asparagus and cook 4 minutes until just tender but green. Remove and add to chicken platter to keep warm.
- Return chicken skillet to the heat and add 2 tablespoons butter. Melt butter, add the mushrooms and saute for a couple of minutes. Whisk in 2 rounded tablespoons flour. Cook the flour 1 minute then whisk in 1/3 cup white wine, a couple of glugs. Cook off wine, 30 seconds, then whisk in 1 1/4 cups of chicken stock (remainder of the quart) then the half-and-half. When sauce bubbles, stir in mustard and tarragon and let sauce simmer and thicken 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir scallions into rice and fluff with fork. Make a bed of rice on each dinner plate. Top with a serving of steamed asparagus then 2 cutlets of chicken. Cover the chicken with the tarragon sauce, allowing the gravy to spill over edges into asparagus and rice. Sprinkle the plates with toasted nuts. Wow! Can you believe you made this?
CHICKEN BROCCOLI DIVAN RECIPE
This Chicken Broccoli Divan recipe is one of my family's favorite easy casseroles. It's made with shredded chicken, chopped broccoli, a creamy sauce and topped with cheese and a crispy cracker crust. PURE COMFORT FOOD!
Provided by Christina Hitchcock
Categories Main Dish
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the chicken, broccoli, soup, mayonnaise and House Seasoning Blend in a 13x9 inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese on top of mixture.
- Combine crushed crackers and melted butter; Spread on top of shredded cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 359 kcal, Carbohydrate 3 g, Protein 11 g, Fat 34 g, SaturatedFat 15 g, Cholesterol 68 mg, Sodium 1214 mg, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 1 g, ServingSize 1 serving
EASY CHICKEN DIVAN
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place broccoli in a large pot boiling water and cook 2-3 minutes or just until tender crisp. Drain well.
- In a medium bowl, combine 1 cup cheddar cheese, milk, condensed soup, sour cream and seasonings.
- Stir in broccoli and chicken and spread into a 3qt casserole dish (or a 9x13 pan). Top with remaining cheese.
- In a small bowl, mix the butter and bread crumbs. Sprinkle the topping over the chicken mixture.
- Bake 18-20 minutes, or until the breadcrumbs are lightly browned and the mixture is bubbly and hot.
- Serve over rice, noodles, or mashed potatoes, as desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 650 kcal, Carbohydrate 23 g, Protein 46 g, Fat 41 g, SaturatedFat 20 g, Cholesterol 156 mg, Sodium 1192 mg, Fiber 4 g, Sugar 6 g, ServingSize 1 serving
EASY CHICKEN DIVAN
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the chicken and broccoli evenly. Place the mixture into the prepared pan.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the sour cream, mayonnaise, heavy cream, chicken broth, bouillon, and pepper. Pour the sour cream mixture evenly on top of the chicken and broccoli.
- Sprinkle the cheese evenly on top.
- In a medium bowl combine the butter, salt, and breadcrumbs. Evenly sprinkle the breadcrumbs on top of the cheese layer.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until warmed through and toasted on top.
- Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 555 calories, Sugar 3.7 g, Sodium 497.5 mg, Fat 37.6 g, SaturatedFat 14.8 g, TransFat 0.3 g, Carbohydrate 17.1 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 37.9 g, Cholesterol 145.3 mg
DIVINE CHICKEN DIVAN
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and butter a shallow 3-quart casserole dish. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the broccoli and cook until bright green and almost tender (you still want it to have a little bite; it will cook more in the oven). Drain; cool under cold running water and pat very dry. Set aside.
- Melt 4 tablespoons butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. When the butter is melted, add the sage and let sizzle a minute, then add the flour. Cook the roux (or else it will taste like raw flour), whisking, for 2 to 3 minutes, without letting it brown. Pour in the sherry (or broth) and cook to reduce it away, about 1 minute.
- Whisk in 1 cup broth, the milk, heavy cream and nutmeg and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer and cook, whisking occasionally to get out any lumps, until thickened, 6 to 7 minutes. Stir in the scallions and gruyere until the cheese is melted, then remove the sauce from the heat.
- In a large bowl, mix together the sauce, broccoli, chicken and almonds until thoroughly coated. Pour into the prepared casserole dish. In a small bowl, melt the remaining 1 tablespoon butter in the microwave, then toss with the parmesan and breadcrumbs. Sprinkle the mixture over the top of the casserole. Bake until browned and bubbling, about 35 minutes.
DIVINE CHICKEN DIVAN
This is one of my favorite dishes it is so creamy and just ultimately satisfying. I always pick up a fresh rotisserie chicken to make this meal. It saves time and the chicken is always super juicy and tender. For those of you that may not know what soft bread crumbs are... soft bread crumbs are made by taking fresh bread whether...
Provided by Victorya Richard
Number Of Ingredients 13
- 1. Remove the outer wrappers from the boxes of broccoli. Open one end of each box. Microwave on full power for 2 minutes, until thawed. Drain the broccoli and put into a casserole dish. Add the shredded chicken.
- 2. In a medium bowl, combine the soup, mayonnaise, sour cream, cheddar cheese, lemon juice, curry powder, salt and pepper and wine (or broth). Whisk together to make a sauce.
- 3. Pour the sauce over the broccoli and chicken. Mix well with a spatula. Place the mixture into an 11x7 inch casserole dish or two 9-inch square pans sprayed with cooking spray.
- 4. Pat down evenly and smooth with a spatula. Combine the parmesan cheese, bread crumbs and butter and sprinkle over the top. Bake for 30-45 minutes. You can also try topping with cheddar or gruyere cheese on top of the breadcrumb mixture. I usually use gruyere.
This chicken divan recipe from Paula Deen is a classic comfort food casserole. Ingredients include broccoli, cream of mushroom soup and cheddar cheese. Prep time is approximately 10 minutes and cooking time takes 45 minutes at 400°F.
Provided by Paula Deen
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Remove the outer wrappers from the boxes of broccoli. Open one end of each box. Microwave on full power for 2 minutes, until thawed. Drain the broccoli and put into a 11X7 casserole dish that has been prepared with a non stick cooking spray. Top with shredded chicken.
- In a medium bowl, combine the soup, mayonnaise, sour cream, cheddar cheese, lemon juice, curry powder, salt and pepper to taste, and wine. Whisk together to make a sauce. Pour the sauce over the broccoli and chicken. Mix well with a spatula.
- Pat down evenly and smooth with a spatula. In a small mixing bowl, stir together the Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs and butter and sprinkle over the top.
- Bake for about 30-45 minutes.
- Cook's Note: Try topping with cheddar or gruyere cheese.
DELUXE, DIVINE CHICKEN DIVAN
- Toast the almonds in a small skillet until they are golden, then reserve them.
- Bring 2 3/4 cups of the chicken stock, the lemon zest, thyme sprigs, and a tablespoon of the butter to a boil in a medium pot with a tight-fitting lid. Add the rice to the water and stir. Return the water to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer and cover the pot. Cook it for 18 minutes, or until tender, then remove it from the heat. Remove the thyme sprigs; the leaves will have fallen off in the rice.
- While the rice cooks, season the chicken with salt, pepper, and the poultry seasoning. Dredge the chicken in about 1/2 cup flour, then discard the excess. Heat a large skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Add the EVOO and 1 tablespoon of the butter to the large skillet. To the hot butter and oil, add the cutlets and cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Remove the meat to a large platter and cover it with foil to keep it warm.
- Bring an inch or two of water to a simmer in a shallow pan and season it with salt. Add the asparagus and cook it for 4 minutes, or until it is just tender but still bright green. Remove it and add it to the chicken platter to keep it warm.
- Return the chicken skillet to the heat and add the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter. Melt the butter, add the mushrooms and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Whisk in 2 rounded tablespoons of flour. Cook the flour for 1 minute, then whisk in the wine. Cook off the wine, 30 seconds, then whisk in the remaining 1 1/4 cups of chicken stock and the half-and-half. When the sauce bubbles, stir in the mustard and tarragon and let the sauce simmer and thicken for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir the scallions into the rice and fluff with a fork. Make a bed of rice on each dinner plate. Top it with a serving of steamed asparagus, then 2 chicken cutlets. Cover the chicken with the tarragon sauce, allowing the gravy to spill over the edges into the asparagus and rice. Sprinkle the plates with toasted nuts. Wow! Can you believe you made this?
More about "divine chicken divan food"
10 BEST CHICKEN DIVAN CASSEROLE RECIPES - YUMMLY
10 BEST CHICKEN DIVAN FRESH BROCCOLI RECIPES | YUMMLY
DIVINE CHICKEN DIVAN | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY RECIPE ...
CHICKEN DIVAN - THE COZY COOK
Ratings 12Calories 611 per servingCategory Main Course
- Melt butter in a dutch oven or large pot over medium heat. Add the chicken, onions, and celery and toss to coat. Sauté for 3 minutes, until chicken is about halfway done, then add the broccoli and 1 Tbsp olive oil.
CHICKEN DIVAN RECIPE - TODAY.COM
3.7/5 (24)Category Entrées
- 2. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add the broccoli. Cook until crisp-tender, about 8 minutes. (Do not overcook: Remember, you will be cooking it again in your casserole. No one likes mushy broccoli.)
- 3. In medium bowl, combine 1 cup of the cheddar cheese, the milk, sour cream, soup, garlic powder, onion powder, dry mustard, curry powder (if using), seasoned salt and pepper, to taste. Stir in the broccoli and chicken. Spread in a 9- by 13-inch baking dish and top with the remaining cheese.
- 4. In a small bowl, mix the breadcrumbs and butter. Sprinkle the topping over the chicken mixture. Bake until lightly browned and bubbly, about 20 minutes.
CHICKEN DIVAN - LEMON TREE DWELLING
Reviews 8Category CasserolesCuisine AmericanTotal Time 35 mins
- Blanch broccoli by adding it to boiling water for 2-3 minutes; drain and layer in the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine condensed soup, sour cream, chicken broth, garlic powder, mustard powder, salt and pepper. Mix well and layer over chicken in pan.
CHICKEN DIVAN RECIPE | EATINGWELL
5/5 (9)Total Time 1 hrCategory Healthy Chicken RecipesCalories 319 per serving
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 7-by-11-inch (2-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place chicken in a medium skillet or saucepan and add water to cover. Bring to a simmer over high heat. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer gently until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink in the center, 10 to 12 minutes. Drain and slice into bite-size pieces.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add leek and salt and cook, stirring often, until softened but not browned, 3 to 4 minutes. Add flour; stir to coat. Add broth, milk, sherry, thyme and pepper and bring to a simmer, stirring constantly. Add broccoli; return to a simmer. Remove from heat and stir in 1/2 cup Parmesan, mayonnaise and mustard.
- Spread half the broccoli mixture in the prepared baking dish. Top with the chicken, then the remaining broccoli mixture. Sprinkle evenly with the remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan. Bake until bubbling, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
CHICKEN DIVAN RECIPE - ANNA PAINTER | FOOD & WINE
5/5 (3)Category Chicken ThighsServings 4Total Time 1 hr 30 mins
- In a medium saucepan of salted boiling water, blanch the broccoli stems and florets until just tender, about 2 minutes. Drain well.
- Season the chicken thighs generously with salt and pepper. In a large enameled cast-iron casserole, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter over moderate heat. Add half of the thighs and cook, turning once, until lightly browned and cooked through, about 12 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with 1 more tablespoon of the butter and the remaining thighs. Slice the chicken into 3/4-inch-wide strips.
- In the casserole, melt the remaining 6 tablespoons of butter over moderate heat, scraping up any browned bits with a wooden spoon. Add the onion, mushrooms, garlic and a pinch each of salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are softened, about 10 minutes. Sprinkle in the flour and cook, stirring frequently, until incorporated, about 2 minutes. Add the chicken broth and heavy cream, bring to a boil and cook, stirring frequently, until the mushroom sauce is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and add 1 cup of the cheese, the mayonnaise, lemon juice and smoked paprika. Stir until the cheese is melted. Add the chicken and broccoli and stir to coat, then transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish.
CHICKEN DIVAN WITH FRESH BROCCOLI RECIPE - SELF PROCLAIMED ...
5/5 (9)Total Time 35 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 290 per serving
- In a 9x9 inch casserole dish, combine all ingredients except for 1/4 cup of the shredded cheese and the topping ingredients.
- In small bowl, combine topping ingredients. Spread remaining shredded cheese and topping mixture evenly over the contents in the casserole dish.
MOMMA'S DIVINE DIVAN RECIPE | MYRECIPES
4.5/5 (3)Servings 8-10
- Arrange broccoli in the bottom of a lightly greased 13"x9" baking dish. Sprinkle chicken with salt to taste; place on top of broccoli and set aside.
- Combine soup, mayonnaise, curry powder, and lemon juice in a small bowl; spread over chicken and broccoli. Top with cheese, sprinkle with bread crumb mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes.
CHICKEN DIVAN WITH BROCCOLI AND RICE RECIPE
3.9/5 (67)Total Time 40 minsCategory Entree, DinnerCalories 457 per serving
CHICKEN DIVAN- A DIVINE FAMILY FAVORITE CASSSEROLE ...
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hr 50 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 650 per serving
LOW CARB DIVINE CHICKEN DIVAN CASSEROLE KETO DIABETIC CHEF ...
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
CHICKEN DIVAN RECIPE | CHEFDEHOME.COM
Cuisine EuropeanTotal Time 55 minsCategory Main Course, Dinner
CHICKEN BROCCOLI DIVAN - CAMPBELL SOUP COMPANY
4.3/5 (101)Total Time 30 minsServings 4Calories 353 per serving
DELUXE, DIVINE CHICKEN DIVAN - PLAIN.RECIPES
DIVINE CHICKEN DIVAN RECIPE | NANCY FULLER | FOOD NETWORK ...
DIVINE CHICKEN DIVAN RECIPES
DIVINE CHICKEN DIVAN - THRIFTYFUN
DIVINE CHICKEN DIVAN | RECIPE | RECIPES, CHICKEN DIVAN, FOOD
DAD'S DIVINE CHICKEN DIVAN RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE ...
DIVINE CHICKEN DIVAN | IDIOT'S KITCHEN
DELUXE DIVINE CHICKEN DIVAN | CINDY'S RECIPES
DIVINE CHICKEN DIVAN RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
DIVINE CHICKEN DIVAN - CRECIPE.COM
5 STAR CHICKEN DIVAN RECIPES
CHICKEN DIVINE RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
FREEZER MEALS: CHICKEN DIVAN - PASSIONATE HOMEMAKING
RECIPE FOR CHICKEN DIVINE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
DIVINE CHICKEN & ARTICHOKE CASSEROLE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
DIVINE CHICKEN DIVAN | NANCY FULLER | FOOD NETWORK RECIPE
DELUXE, DIVINE CHICKEN DIVAN RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
DAD'S DIVINE CHICKEN DIVAN RECIPE - FOOD.COM
You'll also love