CREAMY CAJUN SHRIMP AND SAUSAGE PASTA
Creamy Cajun Shrimp and Sausage Pasta, is a celebration of flavors in one outstanding dish. I totally thought it tasted like I had ordered from a restaurant. This sauce is absolute Cajun heaven!
Provided by Sparkles Of Yum
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Cook the fettuccine according to the package instructions, and keep warm.
- Cut the sausage into 1/4" -1/2" chunk size slightly diagonal. Season shrimp with salt and pepper and a pinch of Cajun seasoning.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat olive oil, add onion and bell pepper. When the onion is almost translucent, about 3 minutes then add garlic. Remove and set aside.
- Add sausage to brown and set aside. Pour out any excess grease leaving about 1 tablespoon, add the shrimp and cook until pink, curled and cooked through, about 2 minutes per side, then transfer to a plate.
- Add chicken broth, stirring and scraping up any brown bits from bottom of pan. Add crushed tomatoes, sugar, remaining Cajun seasoning, thyme and heavy cream then turn down to a simmer.
- Once simmering, add Parmesan and stir into sauce, simmer a few more minutes and taste if sauce needs any extra salt or pepper.
- If serving directly from the skillet, mix in pasta and top with shrimp, sausage and the parsley. Depending on the size of your skillet I poured the pasta into a serving dish, and topped with the sauce, shrimp, sausage and sprinkled the chopped parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 903 calories, Carbohydrate 58 grams carbohydrates, Cholesterol 282 milligrams cholesterol, Fat 58 grams fat, Fiber 4 grams fiber, Protein 39 grams protein, SaturatedFat 24 grams saturated fat, ServingSize 1, Sodium 2919 milligrams sodium, Sugar 11 grams sugar, TransFat 1 grams trans fat, UnsaturatedFat 27 grams unsaturated fat
CAJUN SHRIMP AND SAUSAGE WITH CHEESE SAUCE AND PASTA
- In a Dutch oven cook the dry sausage over medium heat for about 8-10 minutes or until browned; remove the sausage, drain fat leaving about 1 tablespoon in the Dutch oven.
- Melt the butter in the drippings over medium heat; add in shrimp; cook for about 4-5 minutes or until the shrimp turns pink; set the shrimp aside.
- Add in onion, red bell pepper, and celery cook for 5 minutes adding in the garlic the last 2 minutes of cooking.
- Stir in the Cajun seasoning and flour to the veggies; cook over medium heat 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Gradually stir in chicken broth; bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly; boil for 1 minute, then reduce heat to low and stir in the whipping cream,.
- Cook simmering for about 7-8 minutes.
- Add in the Velveeta cubes, sausage and shrimp, stirring until the cheese melts.
- Stir in the chopped green onions and Parmesan cheese; mix to combine, season with salt and pepper.
- Serve over the cooked pasta.
More about "creamy cajun shrimp and sausage pasta food"
CREAMY CAJUN SHRIMP PASTA WITH SAUSAGE RECIPE - THE …
Ratings 83Calories 631 per servingCategory Main Course
- Bring large pot of water to boil for pasta. Toss shrimp with 1 - 2 tablespoons of cajun seasoning and coat well. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and drizzle bottom of pan with olive oil. Add shrimp and cook for 2 minutes or so until starting to curl. Flip shrimp over and cook another minute or two and then remove to a plate and set aside. Drizzle pan with a little more olive oil, add sausage and brown until nicely caramelized, about 4 - 5 minutes. Remove to plate, set aside.
- Add pasta to salted boiling water and cook until al dente, a minute less than package instructions.
- Lower heat to medium and add another good drizzle of olive oil to the pan, add the onion, red bell pepper, thyme, smoked paprika, 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning, brown sugar and a generous pinch of salt. Sauté until onion and pepper have softened a bit, scraping up any browned bits that you can. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add crushed tomatoes, chicken broth and Worcestershire sauce and bring to a simmer, stirring and scraping up any brown bits from bottom of pan, simmer a couple minutes. Add cream and stir to combine, bring to a simmer. Once simmering, add cooked pasta and andouille sausage and stir to combine and heat through, 2 - 3 minutes. Add more chicken broth or cream if it seems dry or you'd like more sauce (I added ¼ cup of each). Salt and pepper to taste and then lastly, add blackened shrimp and combine, or place shrimp on top of pasta. Sprinkle with some more freshly cracked black pepper, grated Parmesan and chopped parsley. Enjoy!
CREAMY CAJUN SHRIMP PASTA WITH SAUSAGE - WHATSINTHEPAN
4.7/5 (204)Calories 950 per servingCategory Main Course
- Toss shrimp with salt, pepper, Cajun seasoning and Oregano, and coat well. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and drizzle bottom of pan with olive oil.
- Add shrimp and cook for 2 minutes. Flip shrimp over and cook another minute or two. Then remove to a plate and set aside. Drizzle pan with a little more olive oil, add sausage and brown until nicely caramelized, about 4 - 5 minutes. Remove to plate, set aside.
- Lower heat to medium and add a bit more olive oil to the pan, add the onion, red bell pepper, Cajun seasoning, brown sugar, and a generous pinch of salt. Sauté until onion and pepper have softened a bit, scraping up any browned bits that you can. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
CREAMY CAJUN SHRIMP AND SAUSAGE RECIPE - EATWELL101
CREAMY CAJUN SHRIMP AND SAUSAGE PASTA - CAJUN …
CREAMY CAJUN SHRIMP PASTA RECIPE | BUNS IN MY OVEN
CAJUN SHRIMP PASTA RECIPE - WHITNEYBOND.COM
CAJUN SHRIMP & SAUSAGE PASTA RECIPE - THE FOOD HUSSY
CREAMY PASTALAYA (A.K.A CAJUN JAMBALAYA PASTA)
CAJUN - CAJUN SHRIMP AND ANDOUILLE IN CREAM SAUCE RECIPE
CREAMY CAJUN SHRIMP PASTA WITH SAUSAGE - WHITNEYBOND.COM
CAJUN SHRIMP PASTA RECIPE (SMOKY, CREAMY) | KITCHN
CREAMY CAJUN SHRIMP AND SAUSAGE PASTA (ONE POT!)
CREAMY CAJUN SHRIMP AND SAUSAGE PASTA
WHY YOU SHOULD TRY CREAMY CAJUN SHRIMP PASTA WITH SAUSAGE
CREAMY CAJUN SHRIMP PASTA RECIPE - CHEF BILLY PARISI
CREAMY CAJUN SHRIMP AND SAUSAGE PASTA : HAPPILY NATURAL
CREAMY CAJUN SHRIMP AND SAUSAGE PASTA | EASY CAJUN PASTA
CREAMY CAJUN SHRIMP PASTA WITH SAUSAGE - YUMMY EASY RECIPES
CAJUN SAUSAGE ALFREDO PASTA - JOYOUS APRON
ONE POT CREAMY CAJUN SHRIMP PASTA WITH SAUSAGE
CREAMY CAJUN PASTA WITH SHRIMP AND ANDOUILLE SAUSAGE
CREAMY CAJUN SHRIMP PASTA WITH SAUSAGE - OHSNAPMACROS
CAJUN GUMBO WITH TURKEY SAUSAGE & SHRIMP - PINTEREST.CA
RECIPE: CREAMY CAJUN SHRIMP AND SAUSAGE PASTA | WWLTV.COM
You'll also love