LAMB SHOULDER ROAST IN THE OVEN
This lamb roast shoulder is the juiciest and easiest lamb recipe you will ever make. It's seasoned with robust spices, rosemary, and thyme. This is my fool-proof method to make roast successfully and without any marinating time.
Provided by Veena Azmanov
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Preheat the oven at 190°C / 375°F Gas Mark 5 for at least 20 minutes.
- Marinade - In a bowl, combine the spices (paprika, cumin, coriander) along with salt, pepper, garlic, and ginger. Set aside.Pro tip - The spice rub is not wet but almost dry and that is what we want. This way it will stick to the lamb all through the cooking time.
- Lamb - Trim excess fat off the lamb and pat dry on all sides.Pro tip - If the lamb is wet the marinade will slide off the meat as soon as it starts cooking. So, if the meat was frozen, ensure that it is thawed at least an hour before marinating.
- Generously rub the spice marinade all over the lamb making sure to rub the sides as well. Pro tip - You can leave this lamb to marinate in the fridge for up to 12 hours or on the counter for an hour. But, it is not necessary.
- Place the lamb in a roasting pan on the roasting rack. Generously brush with the olive oil.Pro tip - If using a thermometer, like me, add it in the center in the thickest part of the meat.
- Add one cup of water to the roasting pan to prevent the fat drippings from the lamb from smoking in the oven. Pro tip - If you find the water has evaporated and the fat is smoking, feel free to add another cup of water during the roasting time.
- Roast for about 70 to 80 minutes or until the desired doneness. Mine took about 70 minutes.- Medium rare - between 130 F to 135 F, approximately 20 minutes per pound - Medium - between 135 F to 140 F, approximately 22 to 23 minutes per pound - Medium well - between 145 F to 150 F, approximately 25 minutes per pound.- Well Done is between 155 to 165 F, or approximately 30 minutes per pound.
- When it reaches desired doneness, remove it from the oven. Move the lamb to a serving platter and cover with aluminum foil. Let it rest for at least 20 minutes to help the juices settle.
- Place the roasting rack on medium-low heat with 1/2 cup water. Add the broth and use a flat spatula to deglaze the pan scraping as much as you can, but avoid the burnt parts.
- Then, add the flour and stir well bringing it to a boil on medium-high heat. Continue to cook until it thickens. If necessary add a few tablespoons of water or broth as necessary.
- Then, pour into a sauceboat to serve with the lamb over mashed potatoes, lemon rosemary roast potatoes, lemon dill potatoes, potato wedges and side salad like avocado, tomato, beet
Nutrition Facts : Calories 274 kcal, Carbohydrate 4 g, Protein 39 g, Fat 11 g, SaturatedFat 4 g, Cholesterol 122 mg, Sodium 371 mg, Fiber 2 g, Sugar 1 g, UnsaturatedFat 5 g, ServingSize 1 serving
BONELESS LAMB SHOULDER ROAST
- Preheat the oven to 300°F. Mince together the parsley and garlic until quite fine (a small food processor will work for this). Add a big pinch of salt and some pepper and enough olive oil to make a slurry. Smear this on and into the lamb, being sure to get it into every nook and cranny you can reach. Put the lamb in a roasting pan (you can line the pan with foil to facilitate cleanup if you like).
- Roast for about 1 1/2 hours, basting with the pan juices every 30 minutes or so. When the internal temperature reaches 140°F, turn the heat to 400°F and roast for about 10 minutes more, or until the internal temperature is 150°F and the exterior has browned nicely.
- Let the roast sit for about 10 minutes before carving, then carve and serve, with some of the juices that come out during carving.
ROASTED SHOULDER OF LAMB
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Push garlic (3 to 4 slivers) into the shoulder of lamb. Cover with sprigs of rosemary, salt and a little olive oil. Roast uncovered for 3 1/2 to 4 hours. Remove lamb and leave to rest. Drain off the excess fat. Over the heat, add the flour to the pan of juices and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Gradually add red wine or vegetable stock, stir until thick.
SLOW-ROASTED LAMB SHOULDER
Lamb shoulder is a tender, affordable cut of meat and also one of the most important meats of the Spanish cuisine. The combination of briny ingredients and slow-roasting technique make this a juicy, elegant holiday centerpiece.
Provided by Seamus Mullen
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a food processor, pulse together the pitted olives, garlic, cured lemon slices, olive oil and herbs to form a rustic paste. Be careful not to overprocess; you want the paste to stay a bit coarse.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Open the lamb shoulder up on a cutting board and use a sharp knife to trim and score the flesh. Season the inside with salt. Rub the inside of the lamb with the seasoning paste. Carefully roll the lamb tightly and truss, or tie, with butcher's twine. Season the outside of the roast with salt and pepper. Place the roast on a wire rack set inside a deep roasting pan. Roast the shoulder in the preheated oven for 1 hour 25 minutes.
- After 1 hour 25 minutes, remove the lamb from the oven and check the internal temperature of the roast with a metal probe thermometer the inside should read between 145 and 150 degrees F. If the temperature is lower, return the lamb to the oven and keep cooking until the desired internal temperature is reached.Once the lamb is cooked, set it aside in a warm place to let it rest for at least 15 minutes before slicing and serving. Carefully remove the butcher's twine. With a sharp knife, carve the shoulder into thin slices. Arrange on a serving platter, season with coarse sea salt if you like, and serve immediately.
ROAST LAMB SHOULDER WITH SPRING VEGETABLES
Here is a simple and gorgeous main dish that both celebrates spring and tastes like it. The perfect meal for a long, lazy afternoon or a Sunday evening. Boneless shoulder of lamb is ideal because you can smear the interior with garlic and mint. Favas, peas, asparagus and artichokes sparkle alongside.
Provided by David Tanis
Categories dinner, main course
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Season lamb inside and out with salt and pepper. Smear interior with garlic paste and 3 tablespoons chopped mint. Press meat together in a long oval shape, then tie securely with butcher's twine. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and massage evenly over roast. Leave at room temperature for 1 hour, or refrigerate for up to several hours, even overnight. (If refrigerating, bring to room temperature before proceeding.)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. An hour or so before you plan to eat, put lamb on a rack in a roasting pan and cook for about 40 minutes, until an instant-read thermometer registers 125 degrees for medium rare. Let meat rest for at least 20 minutes (up to 45 minutes is fine) before slicing.
- Meanwhile, cook carrots in simmering salted water until just done, 5 to 7 minutes. Rinse in cold water to cool, then drain and reserve.
- In a wide, deep skillet with a lid, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high. Add onion and artichoke, if using, and season with salt and pepper. Let sizzle and color a bit, then reduce heat and cook for about 10 minutes, until onion and artichoke are softened. Stir in garlic. (You may prepare onions and artichoke up to this point in advance.) Turn off heat.
- About 5 minutes before serving, set heat under skillet to medium-high. Add fava beans, asparagus, carrots and snow peas. Season well with salt and stir gently to mix, then add 1/2 cup water and put on lid. Let cook for about 4 minutes more, until vegetables are done.
- Slice lamb and arrange on a large platter. Spoon vegetables around meat, sprinkle with parsley and remaining tablespoon of chopped mint.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 194, UnsaturatedFat 8 grams, Carbohydrate 18 grams, Fat 11 grams, Fiber 6 grams, Protein 9 grams, SaturatedFat 3 grams, Sodium 502 milligrams, Sugar 8 grams
ROSEMARY AND THYME BRAISED LAMB SHOULDER
- Roast lamb:
- Make slits in lamb shoulder all over at 2-inch intervals with a paring knife.
- Pound garlic with kosher salt, zest, and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper to a coarse paste with mortar and pestle (or mince and mash with a large knife), then stir together with oil and 1 tablespoon each of rosemary and thyme. Rub paste all over lamb. Put in heavy pot or roasting pan, then chill, covered, 12 to 24 hours.
- Bring roast to room temperature (about 1 hour).
- Preheat oven to 350°F with rack in lower third.
- Pour wine and water around lamb and add herb sprigs. Cover roast with a sheet of parchment. Cover pot with lid or cover roasting pan tightly with heavy-duty foil. Braise lamb in oven until tender but not falling off the bone, about 3 hours.
- Increase oven to 450°F and remove parchment, then braise lamb, covered with lid (or foil), until very tender and top is browned, about 1 hour more. Carefully transfer lamb to a platter and loosely cover with foil. Let it stand 10 minutes.
- Make sauce:
- Pour braising liquid through a fine-mesh sieve, then spoon off and discard fat remaining on liquid (you should have about 2 cups liquid; reserve pot). Whisk together flour and 1 cup liquid in a small bowl until smooth. Bring remaining liquid to a boil in uncleaned pot, then whisk in flour mixture and boil, whisking, until thickened, about 4 minutes. Stir in thyme and rosemary and season with salt and pepper.
- To serve:
- Remove and discard strings. Meat is too tender to slice with a carving knife; use a meat fork to pull meat into serving pieces.
GRILLED LAMB SHOULDER PROVENCALE
wonderfull for a summer BBQ! inexpensive, entertaining on a budget, superb taste with rosemary, thyme and basil! from Canadian Living mag.
Provided by Derf2440
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- With a sharp knife, slice horizontally through lamb, stopping about 1 inch from opposite edge.
- Open meat like a book, flatten with flat of knife.
- Trim membrane and any excess fat.
- Place lamb in heavy plastic bag and set in shallow dish.
- Marinade: In bowl, combine oil, lemon juice, wine, onion, parsley, garlic, bay leaf, rosemary, thyme, basil, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Pour over lamb in plastic bag, press air out of bag and secure with twist tie.
- Marinate for at least 4 hours or overnight in refrigerator.
- Remove lamb from marinade, reserving marinade.
- Cook lamb flat on lightly greased grill over hot coals or on high setting, turning once and basting often with reserved marinade, for about 20 minutes or until desired doneness.
- To serve, slice lamb across the grain into 1/2 inch thick slices.
More about "boneless lamb shoulder roast food"
LAMB SHOULDER RECIPES - BBC GOOD FOOD
JAMIE OLIVER’S SLOW-ROASTED LAMB SHOULDER | THE STAR
ROAST LAMB SHOULDER BONELESS | WOOLWORTHS
GUIDE TO HOW TO ROAST LAMB (TIMES, TEMPERATURES FOR PERFECT …
NEIL PERRY'S SLOW-ROASTED LAMB SHOULDER RECIPE | GOOD FOOD
SLOW ROAST LAMB SHOULDER - FLAWLESS FOOD
PERFECT LAMB ROAST SHOULDER - BONELESS IN THE OVEN - VEENA …
HOW TO COOK BONED ROLLED SHOULDER OF LAMB | LIVESTRONG.COM
BONELESS LAMB SHOULDER ROAST WITH CRUSHED KIPFLERS - RECIPES, …
BONELESS SHOULDER ROASTS – LAMB RECIPES
SOUS VIDE BONELESS LAMB ROAST - ANOVA CULINARY
10 BONELESS LEG OF LAMB RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
LAMB ROAST CROCK POT RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
SUCCULENT GREEK LAMB SHOULDER ROAST WITH LEMON POTATOES
SLOW COOKER ROLLED BONELESS LAMB SHOULDER WITH GREEN VEGETABLES
17 LAMB SHOULDER RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
ROASTED LEG OF LAMB MAIN DISHES - MANY SIMPLE RECIPES
SLOW ROASTED LAMB SHOULDER - THE DINNER BITE
BEST ROAST LAMB RECIPE - HOW TO COOK ROAST LAMB - DELISH
GARLIC BRAISED LAMB ROAST - RICARDO CUISINE
10 BEST LAMB SHOULDER CROCK POT RECIPES - YUMMLY
STEP-BY-STEP BONELESS LEG OF LAMB ROAST RECIPE - IFOODREAL.COM
BONELESS LAMB SHOULDER RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
SLOW COOKED LAMB SHOULDER - RECIPETIN EATS
BONELESS LAMB SHOULDER ROAST - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
TRADITIONAL LAMB SHOULDER ROAST RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
2 LB BONELESS LEG OF LAMB COOKING TIME - LET’S DISCOVER HEALTHY …
BONELESS LAMB SHOULDER ROAST RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
SLOW-ROASTED LAMB SHOULDER AND HOMEMADE MINT SAUCE RECIPE
COOKING LAMB SHOULDER - SERIOUS EATS
LAMB SHOULDER RECIPES - BBC FOOD
ROASTED BONELESS LEG OF LAMB | EASY AND DELICIOUS - DISHES DELISH
LAMB SHOULDER ROAST BONELESS - CAPRA FOODS
FAILPROOF ROAST LAMB SHOULDER - GREEN HEALTHY COOKING
LAMB - KITCHEN DICTIONARY - FOOD.COM
SLOW COOKER LAMB SHOULDER - SLOW COOKER CLUB
LAMB SHOULDER RECIPES - MARTHA STEWART
SMOKED BONELESS LAMB ROAST – COOK WITH WES
LAMB SHOULDER MARINATED WITH GARLIC AND ROSEMARY - SOUTH POND …
LAMB SHOULDER ROAST, BONELESS – STILLMAN QUALITY MEATS
You'll also love