SIMPLE BAKED APPLES
- Preheat oven to 400* F.
- Core apples and place in a baking dish
- Blend sugar with spices; spoon an equal amunt into each apple.
- Cover bottom of baking dish with 1/4 inch boiling water.
- Bake until soft (30 minutes or more).
- Several times during baking, spoon pan juices over apples.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 120.9, Fat 0.3, SaturatedFat 0.1, Sodium 1.4, Carbohydrate 31.7, Fiber 3.4, Sugar 26.9, Protein 0.4
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Scoop out the core from top of the apple, leaving a well. Do not cut all the way through. Stuff each apple with 2 tablespoons brown sugar and 1 tablespoon butter. Place in a shallow baking dish and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes, until sugar begins to caramelize and apples are tender.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 269.9 calories, Carbohydrate 45 g, Cholesterol 30.5 mg, Fat 11.5 g, Fiber 3.2 g, Protein 0.6 g, SaturatedFat 7.3 g, Sodium 91 mg, Sugar 40.9 g
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Wash and core apples, leaving enough of the core at the base of the apple to contain the filling.
- Combine the butter, brown sugar, cinnamon and chopped pecans in a small bowl. Roll log shapes of the mixture and press enough into each apple to fill the core.
- Fill a 2-quart baking dish with about 3/4 cup water, or enough to cover the bottom. Place the apples upright in the dish. Bake until the apples are soft and the filling is browned, 1 hour.
SIMPLE BAKED APPLES
This is a family standard. We have it at least once a week during the winter. The spices, nuts and raisins can be interchanged or omitted depending upon your tastes. This also serves as a great breakfast, side dish, or dessert.
Provided by MAEVEN6
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 2 quart casserole dish, or coat with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place apples in a large bowl. In a small bowl, mix together sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. Stir spice mixture into apples until evenly distributed. Fold in raisins and walnuts. Spoon into prepared dish. Pour milk evenly over apple mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 to 60 minutes, or until soft and bubbly. Allow to cool slightly before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 135.6 calories, Carbohydrate 26.1 g, Cholesterol 1 mg, Fat 3.8 g, Fiber 2.4 g, Protein 1.7 g, SaturatedFat 0.6 g, Sodium 5.8 mg, Sugar 20.2 g
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Core apples to within 1/2 inch of bottom. Peel 1-inch strip of skin from around middle of each apple, or peel upper half of each apple to prevent splitting. Place apples in ungreased glass baking dish.
- Place 1 teaspoon to 1 tablespoon sugar, 1 teaspoon butter and 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon in center of each apple. Sprinkle with additional cinnamon. Pour water into baking dish until 1/4 inch deep.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until apples are tender when pierced with a fork. (Time will vary depending on size and variety of apple.) Spoon syrup in dish over apples several times during baking if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 200, Carbohydrate 39 g, Cholesterol 10 mg, Fat 1/2, Fiber 5 g, Protein 0 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 25 mg, Sugar 28 g, TransFat 0 g
- Ask a grown-up to turn the oven on to 200C/180C fan/ gas 6. Sit each apple on the worktop and push the apple corer into the centre of each one (or ask a grown-up to do this for you).
- Mix the sultanas, muscovado sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl.
- Stand up the apples, side by side, in a baking dish. Using your fingers, push a little bit of the sultana mixture into each apple, using up all the mixture between them.
- Add a blob of butter to the top of each and sprinkle over the demerara sugar. Ask a grown-up to put the dish in the oven for 20 mins or until the apples are cooked through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 127 calories, Fat 4 grams fat, SaturatedFat 2 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 25 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 24 grams sugar, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 1 grams protein, Sodium 0.07 milligram of sodium
More about "baked apples food"
BAKED APPLES RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
5/5 (20)Total Time 50 minsCategory Dessert, Comfort Food, Apple, Baked AppleCalories 191 per serving
QUICK CHEDDAR BAKED APPLES | CANADIAN GOODNESS
BAKED CINNAMON APPLES - FOOD WITH FEELING
BAKED APPLES - GOOD HOUSEKEEPING
BAKED CINNAMON APPLES | SOUTHERN LIVING
BAKED APPLES - FOOD RECIPES
BAKED APPLES - THERESCIPES.INFO
BAKED APPLES - RIVER COTTAGE
40 BEST APPLE RECIPES FOR FALL | FOOD & WINE
COOKED APPLES WITH YOGURT - THERESCIPES.INFO
15+ WAYS TO MAKE BAKED APPLES | MYRECIPES
RECIPES BAKED APPLES | SOSCUISINE
BAKED APPLES - SIMPLE VEGAN BLOG
BAKED APPLES - EATING BIRD FOOD
BAKED CINNAMON APPLES • LOVE FROM THE OVEN
MAGIC CARAMEL SELF SAUCING BAKED APPLES | RECIPETIN EATS
EASY BAKED APPLES RECIPE - TASTES BETTER FROM SCRATCH
BAKED APPLES (EASY RECIPE + VIDEO) - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
CINNAMON BAKED APPLES | MINIMALIST BAKER RECIPES
BAKED APPLES RECIPE - BBC FOOD
9 MUST-HAVE BAKED APPLE RECIPES - TASTE OF HOME
AIR FRYER BAKED APPLES - COOK IT REAL GOOD
10 BEST VEGAN BAKED APPLES RECIPES | YUMMLY
HOW TO MAKE BAKED APPLES (AND WHY YOU SHOULD) - EPICURIOUS
BAKED APPLES RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
EASY BAKED APPLES (STUFFED OR SLICED) | THE MEDITERRANEAN …
BAKED APPLES WRAPPED IN PIE CRUST RECIPE - IN MY OWN STYLE
BAKED APPLE SLICES WITH BROWN SUGAR AND CINNAMON - THE ...
BAKED APPLES WITH RAISINS, ONE OF OUR HEALTHY DESSERT RECIPES.
BAKED APPLES - GREAT FOR 1 OR A WHOLE CROWD - MOTHER WOULD ...
HEALTHY BAKED APPLES - THE CLEAN EATING COUPLE
EASY BAKED APPLES - DOWNSHIFTOLOGY
PERFECT BAKED APPLES RECIPE - COOKIE AND KATE
12 BAKED APPLE RECIPES - FOOD.COM
BAKED APPLES - PREPPY KITCHEN
BAKED APPLE CINNAMON OATMEAL - THE REAL FOOD DIETITIANS
BAKED APPLE RECIPES - BBC GOOD FOOD
BAKED APPLES | FOOD FROM PORTUGAL
HOW TO MAKE DELICIOUS, OLD-FASHIONED BAKED APPLES ...
BAKED APPLES - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
EASY SLICED BAKED APPLES (3-INGREDIENTS & SO GOOD!)
LOW-CALORIE BAKED APPLES RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
BAKED APPLE RECIPES - FOOD NETWORK
You'll also love