BITTERSWEET CHOCOLATE CAKE
- Preheat the oven and prepare the pan: Preheat oven to 325°F. Prepare a rack in the center of the oven. Place a baking sheet in a rack below it (to catch any drippings or spill-overs). Generously butter the sides and bottom of a 9-inch or 10-inch springform pan. Add a few tablespoons of the sugar and gently shake so that all the sides and bottom of the pan are coated with sugar. Tap out the excess sugar.
- Serve: When ready to serve, sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 763 kcal, Carbohydrate 43 g, Cholesterol 262 mg, Fiber 1 g, Protein 6 g, SaturatedFat 40 g, Sodium 57 mg, Sugar 36 g, Fat 66 g, ServingSize Makes 20 small, but quite rich, servings, UnsaturatedFat 0 g
THE SILVER PALATE'S CHOCOLATE CAKE
This recipe is adapted from "The Silver Palate Cookbook," written by Sheila Lukins and Julee Rosso, who through their store in Manhattan, the Silver Palate, introduced bisteeya and poppy-seed dressing to the Upper West Side. For many, their cookbook, originally published in 1982, was a book of revelations: even if you hadn't mastered the art of French cooking, a meal of chicken Marbella and an indulgent dessert, cooked with confidence, was not beyond your grasp. Enter this decadent chocolate cake, whose title belies its incredible simplicity. The ingredients take hardly any time to whip together, and it bakes in a tube pan for under an hour. Gild it with a gooey chocolate frosting, and feed it to those you love with good cheer.
Provided by Christine Muhlke
Yield 12 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour a 10-inch tube pan.
- Cut the chocolate and butter into small pieces and place in a large bowl. Pour 1 cup boiling water over them; let stand until melted. Stir in the vanilla and sugar, then whisk in the egg yolks, one at a time.
- In a small bowl, mix the baking soda and sour cream and whisk into the chocolate mixture. Sift the flour and baking powder and add to the batter, mixing thoroughly.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff but not too dry. Stir a quarter of the egg whites thoroughly into the batter. Gently fold in the remaining whites.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Set on the center rack of the oven and bake until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean, 40 to 50 minutes. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, unmold and cool completely before frosting.
- To make the frosting: Place all the ingredients in a heavy saucepan over low heat and whisk until smooth. Spread on the cake while the frosting is still warm.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 472, UnsaturatedFat 7 grams, Carbohydrate 66 grams, Fat 22 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 5 grams, SaturatedFat 13 grams, Sodium 158 milligrams, Sugar 48 grams, TransFat 0 grams
More about "the silver palates chocolate cake food"
10 BEST SILVER PALATE RECIPES | YUMMLY
SOUR CREAM COFFEE CAKE FROM THE SILVER PALATE …
THE SILVER PALATE'S CHOCOLATE CAKE - MEALPLANNERPRO.COM
COOKING WITH THE TIMES: THE SILVER PALATE'S CHOCOLATE …
SILVER PALATE CHOCOLATE CAKE | RECIPE | CUISINE FIEND
5/5 (1)Servings 12Cuisine AmericanCategory Desserts
THE SILVER PALATE'S CHOCOLATE CAKE - DINING AND COOKING
Calories 478 per serving
THE SILVER PALATE COOKBOOK’S CARROT CAKE - KITCHN
DOUBLE CHOCOLATE LAYER CAKE RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
THE SILVER PALATE’S CHOCOLATE CAKE RECIPE - PINTEREST
DECADENT CHOCOLATE CAKE CALORIES, CARBS & NUTRITION FACTS
THE SILVER PALATE’S CHOCOLATE CAKE RECIPE - NYT COOKING
DECADENT CHOCOLATE CAKE | WHAT FOOD I MADE
SILVER PALATE CHOCOLATE CAKE | THEBESTDESSERTRECIPES.COM
CHOCOLATE HAZELNUT CAKE FROM THE SILVER PALATE COOKBOOK BY …
SILVER PALATE | OUR STORY
WHITE WINE CAKE FROM THE SILVER PALATE - UMAMI GIRL
ICEBOX CAKE FANS MOURN THE LOSS OF NABISCO FAMOUS …
THE SILVER PALATE’S CHOCOLATE CAKE RECIPE - FOODGURUUSA.COM
THE SILVER PALATE'S CHOCOLATE CAKE - REDDIT
DECADENT CHOCOLATE CAKE FROM THE SILVER PALATE COOKBOOK BY …
You'll also love