THAI RED CURRY WITH CHICKEN
Recipe VIDEO above. A Thai Red Curry with Chicken is one of the world's most popular curries! Make this with store bought curry paste (we give it a freshness boost) OR homemade red curry paste (the fresh flavour can't be beaten!). SPICE Level: Mild to hot BUT if using store bought paste, depends on what brand you use (Note 5).
Provided by Nagi
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Heat oil in a large heavy based skillet over medium high heat.
- Add curry paste and Extras (if using jar paste) and cook for about 2 minutes so it "dries out" (See video)
- Add chicken broth and stir to dissolve paste. Simmer rapidly for 3 minutes or until liquid reduces by half.
- Add coconut milk, lime leaves, sugar and fish sauce. Stir, then add chicken.
- Spread chicken out, bring to simmer, then turn heat down to medium. Simmer for about 8- 10 minutes or until Sauce reduces, the chicken is cooked and the sauce is almost at the thickness you want.
- Do a taste test. Add more fish sauce (or even shrimp paste) to add more saltiness, sugar for sweetness.
- Add pumpkin and beans, stir. Cook for 3 minutes or until pumpkin is just cooked through and Sauce is thickened - see video for Sauce thickness.
- Remove from heat. Stir through a handful of Thai basil leaves.
- Serve over jasmine rice, garnished with fresh red chilli slices and fresh coriander/cilantro leaves, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 530 kcal, ServingSize 1 serving
THAI RED CHICKEN CURRY
This is a quick and easy curry stir-fry made with chicken, zucchini, red bell pepper and carrot. Coconut milk and curry paste make an irresistible sauce. No need to go out to eat, as this dish is ready in about 20 minutes!
Provided by THEKNACKEREDCHEF
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken pieces; cook and stir for about 3 minutes. Mix in the curry paste, zucchini, bell pepper, carrot and onion. Cook and stir for a few minutes.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in the coconut milk, then pour into the skillet. Bring to a boil, then simmer over medium heat for 1 minutes. Right before serving, stir in the cilantro.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 270.6 calories, Carbohydrate 11.2 g, Cholesterol 58.5 mg, Fat 15.8 g, Fiber 1.9 g, Protein 25.4 g, SaturatedFat 6.4 g, Sodium 147.2 mg, Sugar 3.6 g
THAI RED CURRY CHICKEN
- Heat the oil over medium-low heat in a large nonstick pan. Add the light scallions, garlic, and jalapeño and cook, stirring frequently, until softened, 3 to 4 minutes. Do not brown.
- Add the coconut milk, red curry paste, fish sauce, and brown sugar and whisk together. Bring to a gentle boil, then reduce heat and simmer until thickened, a few minutes. Add the chicken and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally to promote even cooking, until the chicken is cooked through, 5 to 6 minutes. (Do not let the sauce boil; the idea is to cook the chicken gently so that it's tender.) Stir in the lime juice, dark scallion greens, and cilantro. Taste and adjust seasoning with more lime, if necessary. Serve with jasmine rice.
- Note: As always, take care when working with jalapeño peppers. If you touch the seeds or ribs, be sure to wash your hands well and avoid touching your eyes.
- Note: It's important to wait until you're ready to eat to cook the chicken. If you want to get a head start, prepare the sauce up until the point when the chicken is added. Take it off the heat and then poach the chicken right before serving. If the chicken sits in the hot curry sauce for too long before serving, it will overcook.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 649, Fat 51 g, Carbohydrate 16 g, Protein 35 g, SaturatedFat 26 g, Sugar 10 g, Fiber 1 g, Sodium 886 mg, Cholesterol 128 mg
THE BEST THAI RED CHICKEN CURRY RECIPE
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium and cook the onion for 5 minutes.
- Add the curry paste and garlic then cook, stirring, for about 1 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, chicken broth, fish sauce, sugar, red pepper flakes and salt then bring to a boil.
- Add the vegetables and reduce heat and simmer until vegetable are soft.
- Squeeze lime juice over chicken then add chicken and basil to the pot.
- Cook until chicken is completely cooked.
- Serve over Jasmine Rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 906.3, Fat 42, SaturatedFat 25.6, Cholesterol 72.6, Sodium 2608.6, Carbohydrate 103.4, Fiber 4.4, Sugar 91.8, Protein 31.9
THAI RED CURRY
No matter how hard I tried, I could never recreate the vivid, vivacious flavors of Thai curries at home. It wasn't until I was invited to a cooking class at the Thai Embassy in Los Angeles that I learned two of the secrets: "cracking" the coconut cream that accumulates at the top of the can of full-fat coconut milk (cooking out all the moisture so that the oil separates from the solids); and "blooming" the curry paste in the cracked coconut cream so that all those sleepy flavors of chiles and floral aromatics come back to life. With just these two techniques, my curries have gone from ho-hum to high-octane!
Provided by Aarti Sequeira
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Add 1 cup water to an electric pressure cooker and add the rack. Put the kabocha squash on the rack and follow the manufacturer's guide for locking the lid. Set to pressure cook on high for 3 minutes. Follow the guide again for releasing pressure, then carefully remove the lid. Remove the squash from the pressure cooker and set aside until ready to use.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the oil. Once the oil is hot, add the mushrooms and saute until lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Remove from the skillet and set aside until ready to use.
- Set the same large skillet over medium-low heat. Carefully scoop the coconut cream (the thick, almost solid white stuff) out of the can of coconut milk into the skillet. Set aside the remaining liquid in the can. Cook the coconut cream until it resembles yogurt and is sizzling around the edges, about 5 minutes. Add the curry paste, ginger and garlic. Turn the heat up to medium. Saute until the paste has deepened in color and the oil starts to separate from the paste, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Pour in the chicken broth, sugar, remaining canned coconut liquid and 1 teaspoon fish sauce. Taste; add more fish sauce if it's not salty enough. Stir well and bring to a boil. Add the squash, mushrooms and green beans. Stir well and turn the heat to low. Simmer until the green beans are cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- Finish with the lime zest, a squeeze of the lime wedge and the basil. Serve over rice.
CHICKEN THAI RED CURRY
Rich and creamy Thai red Curry have chicken and vegetables. It is packed with fresh flavours and you need just 30 minutes to make it. It tastes amazing when served with Jasmin rice.
Provided by Subhasmita
Categories Main Course
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Heat oil in a skillet. Add sliced onion, minced ginger, and garlic. Saute for a minute until it is aromatic.
- Add red curry paste and minced coriander root. Saute for 2-3 minutes until oil starts oozing out on the side, and the mixture is aromatic.
- Add coconut milk, stock, lemon zest, brown sugar, fish sauce, and lemongrass stalk. Mix well and let everything come to a boil. Simmer and let it cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add chicken and let it simmer for 7-8 minutes.
- Add the veggies when the chicken is almost cooked/ and the sauce has reduced almost by half (or to the consistency you are looking for).
- Cook for another 2 minutes, until the veggies are just cooked but still have a crunch to them.
- Remove the lemongrass stalk, Add torn Thai basil.
- Serve over rice with more garnishing of basil and fresh coriander leaves.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 serving, Calories 442 kcal, Carbohydrate 9 g, Protein 19 g, Fat 38 g, SaturatedFat 18 g, TransFat 1 g, Cholesterol 98 mg, Sodium 279 mg, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 4 g, UnsaturatedFat 16 g
RED CHICKEN CURRY
- To make the paste, grind and mash all the ingredients together in a mortar until a thick, red paste is formed.
- To make the curry, first heat the wok until very hot and add the coconut cream until it begins to boil. Then, add the chicken and curry paste and fry together for a few minutes. Next, add the coconut milk, fish sauce and baby eggplant along with the fresh chilies and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and serve with steamed rice.
THAI RED CURRY CHICKEN & VEGETABLES
The key to this curry chicken is getting complex flavors without heaviness. For the veggies, I like colorful pea pods, sweet red peppers and water chestnuts. -David Dahlman, Chatsworth, California
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place chicken in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. In a small bowl, mix coconut milk, curry paste and salt; pour over chicken., Bake, covered, 18-22 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Meanwhile, cook vegetables according to package directions; drain. Serve chicken with rice and vegetables.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 511 calories, Fat 14g fat (6g saturated fat), Cholesterol 94mg cholesterol, Sodium 606mg sodium, Carbohydrate 51g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 5g fiber), Protein 41g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
THAI RED CHICKEN CURRY FOR BEGINNERS
This is a very simple, yet very tasty, Thai red curry recipe. All the ingredients can be found in your grocery store. Specialty Asian shops are also a good source for Thai ingredients. Serve over rice or noodles.
Provided by Duan van der Westhuizen
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Heat olive oil a large nonstick pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots and stir-fry until soft, 3 to 5 minutes. Add bell pepper, chile pepper, ginger, and garlic; stir-fry for 3 minutes. Pour in 1/4 of the coconut milk and stir in curry paste until well distributed.
- Add chicken, 1/4 cup Thai basil, brown sugar, lime juice, and fish sauce. Cook and stir until chicken is no longer pink in the center and juices run clear, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Add the rest of the coconut milk and diced tomato to the pan and bring to the boil. Simmer over medium heat for 10 to 15 minutes more. Serve with remaining basil and scallions on the side as a garnish.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 345.1 calories, Carbohydrate 14.1 g, Cholesterol 64.6 mg, Fat 21.1 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 26.6 g, SaturatedFat 13.5 g, Sodium 166 mg, Sugar 5.5 g
RED THAI CHICKEN CURRY
Delicious and mildly spicy Red Thai Curry which is easy to make and good for dinner parties - colourful and appetising!
Provided by sofiewood
Yield Serves 2
Number Of Ingredients 0
- Make up the chicken stock in a measuring jug and add the fish sauce, demerara sugar, lemongrass paste, coriander paste, tumeric and kaffir lime leaves.
- In a pan add the red thai curry paste to 1 tbsp of the coconut milk and cook until sizzling - add chicken and cook until chicken is browned and coated in the thai red curry and coconut mixture then add the red chilli.
- Add the remaining coconut milk and chicken stock mixture and bring to a simmer - add the sweet potato and simmer until the chunks are tender (usually takes around 15 - 20 minutes depending of size of chunks). If using baby sweetcorn add about 5 minutes before the end. Add the spinach 2 minutes before the end to wilt through.
- Squeeze the juice of 1/2 lime over at the end and serve with sticky rice.
THAI RED CHICKEN CURRY
I re-created a favorite dish from a restaurant, and now I cook it almost weekly for my family. On a busy night, frozen stir-fry veggies really speed things up. -Mary Shenk, DeKalb, Illinois
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Combine the first five ingredients in a large skillet. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes., Stir in vegetables; return to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 9-11 minutes or until vegetables are tender and sauce thickens slightly., Add chicken; heat through. Serve with rice. Sprinkle with cilantro if desired.
Nutrition Facts :
AUTHENTIC THAI RED CURRY WITH CHICKEN
I spent many months traveling in Thailand and Thai Red Curry quickly became my favorite dish. This dish is suppose to be spicy! If your sinuses aren't draining and a little perspiration isn't forming on your forehead halfway through this meal, you don't have the real thing. I know most people don't enjoy their food this spicy, so I toned it down a bit. Also, this dish is flexible and fun to cook. If you like onions, put in more. Like three kinds of peppers, add them. You get the idea. Just go with it. Enjoy!
Provided by Marc Bowman
Yield 8-10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Cut onion, bell pepper, and eggplant into bite size pieces and set aside. (I like large chunks on my spoon, so I don't cut them too small).
- Shred carrots with a vegetable peeler and set aside.
- Cut tomatoes in half and set aside.
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces and set aside.
- Pour the oil into a five-quart pot and put over medium heat.
- When the oil is hot, but not smoking, add the Thai Red Curry Paste and stir, sautéing for about 2 minutes. (I like my Thai Red Curry the same as I ate it in Thailand, very spicy. Therefore, I use about 6 to 8 tablespoons of curry paste. My guess is most people would use about five. Any less, what's the point? Use your judgment for what you like.).
- Add the coconut milk and chicken stock, then throw the chicken bullion cube in the pot and stir.
- After the liquid begins to boil, add the vegetables, carrots, and tomatoes.
- Add sugar, lemon juice, sweet basil leaves, and crushed basil, then bring to a boil again. (I usually turn the heat down and allow the vegetables to cook for about five minutes or so before adding the chicken.).
- Add the chicken and bring to a boil. Turn the heat down and simmer for about five more minutes.
- Serve with hot Jasmine rice.
THAI RED CURRY
Forget ordering takeaway and make your own Thai red curry at home. This classic dish takes just 15 minutes to prep and it's bursting with flavour.
Provided by Elena Silcock
Categories Dinner, Main course
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat and fry 1 tbsp ginger and 1 tbsp garlic paste for 2 mins. Add 5-6 tbsp red curry paste, sizzle for a few secs, then pour in 800ml coconut milk.
- Bring to the boil, reduce to a simmer, stir a little and wait for the oil to rise to the surface.
- Add 8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into chunks, and lime leaves, and simmer for 12 mins or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Add 1 tbsp of the fish sauce and a pinch of brown sugar, then taste - if you like it a little saltier, add more fish sauce; if you like it sweeter, add a little more sugar.
- Bring to the boil, take off the heat and add ½ small pack Thai basil.
- Spoon the curry into four bowls and top with 1 red chilli, a thumb-sized piece of ginger and a few extra basil leaves. Serve with jasmine rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 425 calories, Fat 32 grams fat, SaturatedFat 17 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 8 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 4 grams sugar, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 27 grams protein, Sodium 2.4 milligram of sodium
More about "thai red curry with chicken food"
THAI RED CURRY CHICKEN - SONI'S FOOD
THAI RED CURRY WITH PRAWNS AND CHICKEN - RECIPES ARE SIMPLE
THAI RED CHICKEN CURRY RECIPE - DELICIOUS. MAGAZINE
THAI RED CURRY CHICKEN - THAI CALIENTE - THAI RECIPES
THAI RED CURRY CHICKEN AND VEGETABLES - CARLSBAD CRAVINGS
RED THAI CHICKEN CURRY - CANADIAN COOKING ADVENTURES
THAI RED CURRY CHICKEN SOUP RECIPE - THE FOOD BLOG
THAI RED CHICKEN CURRY | THAI RECIPES | GOODTOKNOW
THAI RED CURRY CHICKEN - EASY CHICKEN RECIPES
RED CURRY WITH CHICKEN - THAI FOOD COMPANY LTD. - THAI GOLD
THAI CHICKEN COCONUT CURRY (RED CURRY RECIPE) - AVERIE COOKS
CHICKEN THAI RED CURRY RECIPE - BBC FOOD
THAI RED CHICKEN CURRY - MEDITERRASIAN.COM
THAI RED CURRY WITH PRAWNS AND CHICKEN - RECIPES ARE SIMPLE
THAI RED CURRY RECIPE - THAI FOOD ONLINE
THAI RED CURRY CHICKEN - THE CANDIDA DIET
RED THAI CHICKEN CURRY - MORE.CTV.CA
AUTHENTIC THAI RED CURRY RECIPE, (KAENG PED GAI) แกงเผ็ด ...
THAI CHICKEN CURRY IN COCONUT MILK : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION ...
EASY THAI RED CURRY - DAMN DELICIOUS
THAI RED CURRY CHICKEN - FOOD.CRS
THAI RED CURRY CHICKEN - BLUE DRAGON
THAI CHICKEN CURRY WITH COCONUT MILK | EASY ONE-PAN RECIPE
THAI RED CURRY CHICKEN - GUSTO TV
SPICY RED CURRY CHICKEN RECIPE - GRACE PARISI | FOOD & WINE
15 MINUTE THAI RED CURRY RAMEN RECIPE - I AM A FOOD BLOG
CHICKEN THAI RED CURRY | THAI CUISINE | RED THAI CURRY ...
THAI RED CURRY | FOODTALK
THAI RED CURRY | THAI CHICKEN CURRY | TESCO REAL FOOD
THAI CURRY CHICKEN AND SHRIMP - THERESCIPES.INFO
AUTHENTIC THAI RED CURRY. STREET FOOD, BANGKOK. - YOUTUBE
THAI RED CURRY WITH BAMBOO SHOOTS - AUTHENTIC THAI RECIPES ...
THAI RED CHICKEN CURRY - JO COOKS
THAI RED CURRY WITH CHICKEN AND PRAWNS - FOODLE CLUB
RED CURRY CHICKEN | THAI KITCHEN - MCCORMICK
You'll also love