TEXAS BARBECUE BRISKET
- To make the barbecue sauce, heat the oil in a frying pan, then cook onion and garlic for a few mins until soft. Add the rest of the sauce ingredients to the pan with a good pinch of salt and simmer for 20 mins. Use a hand blender or food processor to whizz to a smooth purée.
- Heat oven to 150C/130C fan/gas 2. Make the rub by mixing all the ingredients together with a pinch of salt. Rub the mix all over the beef and set aside.
- In a large roasting tin, mix the beef stock and ½ the barbecue sauce. Add the brisket to the tin, cover tightly with foil, then cook for 4-5 hrs until the meat is really tender when you push a fork into it. The beef can be prepared the night before - just leave it to cool in the tin covered with foil, but don't refrigerate.
- To finish the beef, get a barbecue fired up and wait until the coals are completely ashen - you want a low, not fierce, heat. Lift the beef out of the roasting tin and place on the barbecue to char. If your barbecue has a lid, close it now. Cook for about 20 mins, turning it carefully with tongs, until lightly charred all over and heated through. Lift onto a board and serve sliced with the remaining barbecue sauce on the side.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 958 calories, Fat 59 grams fat, SaturatedFat 26 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 13 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 10 grams sugar, Protein 94 grams protein, Sodium 1.2 milligram of sodium
TEXAS-STYLE BARBECUED BRISKET
Editor's note: The recipe and introductory text below are from The Barbecue! Bible 10th Anniversary Edition, by Steven Raichlen. To read more about Raichlen and BBQ, go to our feature The Best Barbecue in the U.S.A.
Provided by Steven Raichlen
Yield Makes 10 to 12 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- 1. Rinse the brisket under cold running water and blot it dry with paper towels.
- 2. Combine the salt, chili powder, sugar, pepper, and cumin in a bowl and toss with your fingers to mix. Rub the spice mixture on the brisket on all sides. If you have time, wrap the brisket in plastic and let it cure, in the refrigerator, for 4 to 8 hours (or even overnight), but don't worry if you don't have time for this-it will be plenty flavorful, even if you cook it right away.
- 3. Set up a charcoal grill for indirect grilling and preheat it to low. No drip pan is necessary for this recipe.
- 4. When ready to cook, toss 1 1/2 cups of the wood chips on the coals (3/4 cup per side). Place the brisket, fat side up, in an aluminum foil pan (or make a pan with a double sheet of heavy duty aluminum foil). Place the pan in the center of the hot grate, away from the heat. Cover the grill.
- 5. Smoke cook the brisket until tender enough to shred with your fingers; 6 hours will likely do it, but it may take as long as 8 (the cooking time will depend on the size of the brisket and heat of the grill). Baste the brisket from time to time with the fat and juices that accumulate in the pan. You'll need to add 10 to 12 fresh coals to each side every hour and toss more wood chips on the fresh coals; add about 3/4 cup chips per side every time you replenish the coals during the first 3 hours.
- 6. Remove the brisket pan from the grill and let rest for 15 minutes. Transfer the brisket to a cutting board and thinly slice it across the grain, using a sharp knife, electric knife, or cleaver. Transfer the sliced meat to a platter, pour the pan juices on top, and serve at once.
- Barbecue Sauce, the Texas Way
- The best Texas-style barbecue sauce combines the sweetness of Kansas City-style tomato sauces with the mouth-puckering tartness of a North Carolina vinegar sauce. I've come up with my own version-mix together equal parts of the Basic Barbecue Sauce and the North Carolina Vinegar Sauce . Serve this with barbecued brisket. For a really good sauce, add some meat drippings or a little chopped brisket.
TEXAS-STYLE BARBECUED BEEF BRISKET
From Southern Living January 2012. As a note, I am not a fan of cumin so I would reduce it to 1/2 tsp and/or omit it altogether!
Provided by Papa D 1946-2012
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Lightly grease a 6 quart slow cooker, add onion and garlic. Stir together chili powder and next 5 ingredients. Rub over brisket and place brisket over onion mixture in slow cooker.
- Whisk together beer and chili sauce. Slowly pour mixture around brisket, avoid removing spices from brisket.
- Cover and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours or high 4 to 5 hours. When done uncover and let sit in cooker 20 minutes.
- Remove brisket from slow cooker; cut brisket across the grain into thin slices put on serving plate and spoon pan juices over meat.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 388.9, Fat 17.2, SaturatedFat 6, Cholesterol 140.6, Sodium 556.3, Carbohydrate 7, Fiber 1.5, Sugar 2.3, Protein 48.1
BRISKET, EAST TEXAS STYLE
Provided by Food Network
Yield 14 to 16 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a large cooking pot combine beef stock, wine, bay leaves, peppercorns, garlic and salt; over medium heat, bring to a low boil. Place brisket in boiling mixture, fat side up, and cook at a low simmer for 4 1/2 hours, or until tender.
- Remove brisket from pan and place on the top rack of a grill or smoker and cook for 1 hour. Baste with BBQ sauce. Remove from grill or smoker and let cool for 15 minutes. Slice thinly and serve.
TEXAS OVEN-ROASTED BEEF BRISKET
Dig into some serious barbecue with this Texas Oven-Roasted Beef Brisket recipe from Food Network. The meat is rubbed with chili, mustard and garlic powders.
Provided by Food Network
Yield 10 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Make a dry rub by combining chili powder, salt, garlic and onion powders, black pepper, sugar, dry mustard, and bay leaf. Season the raw brisket on both sides with the rub. Place in a roasting pan and roast, uncovered, for 1 hour.
- Add beef stock and enough water to yield about 1/2 inch of liquid in the roasting pan. Lower oven to 300 degrees F, cover pan tightly and continue cooking for 3 hours, or until fork-tender.
- Trim the fat and slice meat thinly across the grain. Top with juice from the pan.
TEXAS-STYLE BBQ BEEF BRISKET SANDWICHES
Get a taste of Texas with these Texas-Style BBQ Beef Brisket Sandwiches. Texas-Style BBQ Beef Brisket Sandwiches are perfect for your next cookout.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 10 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Place meat in slow cooker sprayed with cooking spray, cutting into 2 pieces if necessary to fit; top with yellow onions and barbecue sauce. Cover with lid. Cook on LOW 10 to 12 hours (or on HIGH 5 to 6 hours).
- Remove meat from slow cooker; cut across the grain into thin slices. Return to slow cooker; stir until evenly coated with sauce. Combine coleslaw blend, dressing and green onions.
- Fill rolls with meat mixture and coleslaw just before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 500, Fat 14 g, SaturatedFat 3.5 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 105 mg, Sodium 650 mg, Carbohydrate 49 g, Fiber 5 g, Sugar 14 g, Protein 45 g
This is the quintessential Texas-style brisket. Even my husband's six-generation Texas family is impressed by it! Grilling with wood chips takes a little extra effort, but I promise you'll be glad you did. Each bite tastes like heaven on a plate. -Renee Morgan, Taylor, Texas
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 20 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Trim fat on brisket to 1/2-inch thickness. Rub brisket with pepper and salt; place in a large disposable foil pan, fat side up. Refrigerate, covered, several hours or overnight. Meanwhile, soak wood chips in water., To prepare grill for slow indirect cooking, adjust grill vents so top vent is half open and bottom vent is open only a quarter of the way. Make 2 arrangements of 45 unlit coals on opposite sides of the grill, leaving the center of the grill open. Light 20 additional coals until ash-covered; distribute over unlit coals. Sprinkle 2 cups soaked wood chips over lit coals., Replace grill rack. Close grill and allow temperature in grill to reach 275°, about 15 minutes., Place foil pan with brisket in center of grill rack; cover grill and cook 3 hours (do not open grill). Check temperature of grill periodically to maintain a temperature of 275° throughout cooking. Heat level may be adjusted by opening vents to raise temperature and closing vents partway to decrease temperature., Add another 10 unlit coals and 1 cup wood chips to each side of the grill. Cook brisket, covered, 3-4 hours longer or until fork-tender (a thermometer inserted in brisket should read about 190°); add coals and wood chips as needed to maintain a grill temperature of 275°., Remove brisket from grill. Cover tightly with foil; let stand 30-60 minutes. Cut brisket across the grain into slices.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 351 calories, Fat 12g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 116mg cholesterol, Sodium 1243mg sodium, Carbohydrate 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 56g protein.
EASY TEXAS BBQ BRISKET
Mom came to visit and told me my brisket was even better than the version we used to eat back in Texas. Use the leftovers for sandwiches and tacos. -Audra Rorick, Blanca, Colorado
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a small bowl, combine the first 7 ingredients. With a fork or sharp knife, prick holes in briskets. Rub meat with seasoning mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight., Preheat oven to 325°. Place briskets, fat sides up, in a roasting pan. In a small bowl, combine steak sauce, liquid smoke and Worcestershire sauce; pour over meat., Cover tightly with foil; bake 4 to 5 hours or until tender. Let stand in juices 15 minutes. To serve, thinly slice across the grain. Skim fat from pan juices; spoon over meat.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 456 calories, Fat 14g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 135mg cholesterol, Sodium 1283mg sodium, Carbohydrate 13g carbohydrate (11g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 66g protein.
BARBECUED TEXAS BEEF BRISKET
- Dry Rub: Mix first 5 ingredients in small bowl to blend. Transfer 1 tablespoon dry rub to another small bowl and reserve for mop. Spread remaining dry rub all over brisket. Cover with plastic; chill overnight.
- Mop: Mix first 6 ingredients plus reserved dry rub in heavy medium saucepan. Stir over low heat 5 minutes. Pour 1/2 cup mop into bowl; cover and chill for use in sauce. Cover and chill remaining mop.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place brisket, fat side up, in a Dutch oven or other heavy baking pan large enough to hold the brisket. Roast brisket in pan for 3 to 4 hours, basting with mop every 20 minutes, until tender.
- Transfer brisket to platter; let stand 15 minutes. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Wrap in foil; chill. Before continuing, rewarm brisket, still wrapped, in 350 degree oven about 45 minutes.)
- Combine barbecue sauce and chili powder in heavy small saucepan. Add any accumulated juices from brisket and bring to boil, thinning sauce with some of reserved 1/2 cup mop, if desired. Thinly slice brisket across grain. Serve, passing sauce separately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 933.8, Fat 76.1, SaturatedFat 29.1, Cholesterol 193.2, Sodium 2134.1, Carbohydrate 12.2, Fiber 3.1, Sugar 4.9, Protein 46.4
PITMASTER TEXAS BRISKET
Enjoy delicious, smoky flavor with this smoked beef brisket. Brown sugar, chili powder and BBQ sauce give this beef brisket incredible flavor.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 20 servings
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Soak wood chips in water 30 min.
- Heat grill for indirect grilling: Light one side of grill, leaving other side unlit. Close lid; heat grill to 275ºF. Meanwhile, combine sugar and seasonings; rub evenly into meat. Place in disposable foil pan sprayed with cooking spray.
- Drain wood chips. Wrap chips in heavy-duty foil; place over lit burners in bottom of grill. (Or if using charcoal grill, sprinkle drained chips directly over hot coals.) Place meat (in pan) on grill grate over unlit area; cover.
- Grill 4 hours or until meat is done (160ºF), pouring barbecue sauce over meat after 3 hours and monitoring frequently for consistent grill temperature.
- Remove meat from grill. Let stand 30 min. Transfer meat to cutting board; cut across the grain into thin slices.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 270, Fat 10 g, SaturatedFat 3.5 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 100 mg, Sodium 380 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 34 g
BARBECUED TEXAS BEEF BRISKET
- Make dry rub:
- Mix first 5 ingredients in small bowl to blend.
- Transfer 1 tablespoon dry rub to another small bowl and reserve for mop. Spread remaining dry rub all over brisket. Cover with plastic; chill overnight.
- Make mop:
- Mix first 6 ingredients plus reserved dry rub in heavy medium saucepan. Stir over low heat 5 minutes. Pour 1/2 cup mop into bowl; cover and chill for use in sauce. Cover and chill remaining mop.
- Following manufacturer's instructions and using natural lump charcoal, start fire in smoker. When charcoal is ash gray, drain 1/2 cup wood chips and scatter over charcoal. Bring smoker to 200°F. to 225°F., regulating temperature by opening vents wider to increase temperature and closing slightly to reduce temperature.
- Place brisket, fat side up, on rack in smoker. Cover; cook until tender when pierced with fork and meat thermometer inserted into center registers 185°F., about 10 hours (turn brisket over for last 30 minutes). Every 1 1/2 to 2 hours, add enough charcoal to maintain single layer and to maintain 200°F. to 225°F. temperature; add 1/2 cup drained wood chips. Brush brisket with chilled mop in pan each time smoker is opened. Transfer brisket to platter; let stand 15 minutes. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cool 1 hour. Wrap in foil; chill. Before continuing, rewarm brisket, still wrapped, in 350°F. oven about 45 minutes.) Combine barbecue sauce and chili powder in heavy small saucepan. Add any accumulated juices from brisket and bring to boil, thinning sauce with some of reserved 1/2 cup mop, if desired.
- Thinly slice brisket across grain. Serve, passing sauce separately.
More about "texas style barbecued brisket food"
TEXAS BARBECUE BRISKET RECIPE - ROBB WALSH | FOOD & WINE
5/5 Category Meat + PoultryServings 10Total Time 10 hrs
- Generously season the brisket all over with salt and pepper. Place the brisket on a large rimmed baking sheet, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Light a charcoal fire in a starter chimney. Add the lit coals to the firebox of a smoker and heat the smoker to 275°. Place oak or other hardwood chips, chunks or logs around the coals so that the wood smolders but does not flare. Set the brisket on the grill, fat side down. Cover and smoke for 2 hours. Monitor the smoker throughout the smoking process and add more lit coals and/or wood as needed to maintain the temperature and smoke level.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the butter with the garlic and coriander and cook over moderate heat until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add the barbecue sauce and beef broth and simmer the mop for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- After 2 hours, brush the brisket all over with the mop. Turn the brisket fat side up. Continue to cook, mopping every 30 minutes, until an instant-read thermometer in the thickest part registers 165°, about 6 1/2 hours longer.
TEXAS STYLE BBQ WORLD CHAMPION BRISKET RECIPE | HOW TO ...
TEXAS STYLE BRISKET | VIDEO RECIPE WITH MATT PITTMAN
BARBECUED TEXAS BEEF BRISKET RECIPE - BON APPéTIT
TEXAS STYLE BARBECUE, BRISKET, PORK BUTT ROAST AND ...
TEXAS STYLE BBQ BRISKET - OPTIMISTIC MOMMY
TEXAS STYLE BRISKET - YOU NEED A BBQ
WHAT IS TEXAS-STYLE BBQ?: EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ...
HOW TO COOK TEXAS-STYLE BRISKET ON A GAS BARBECUE | MY ...
TEXAS BARBECUE BRISKET - CANADIAN LIVING
TEXAS-STYLE OVEN BRISKET RECIPE - JAMES BEARD FOUNDATION
TEXAS STYLE BRISKET TUTORIAL - PIGGY SMALLZ BBQ
TIPS FOR COOKING TEXAS STYLE BRISKET
AUTHENTIC TEXAS STYLE SMOKED BRISKET RECIPE AND TECHNIQUES
HOW TO HOST A TEXAS STYLE BACKYARD BBQ - THE SPRUCE
TEXAS-STYLE BARBECUED BRISKET - WILLIAMS SONOMA
TEXAS CRUTCH BRISKET [HOW & WHEN FOR THE BEST BBQ BARK ...
TEXAS STYLE BBQ BEEF BRISKET - WIKIBBQ
ALLEN BBQ OFFERS TEXAS-STYLE HALAL BRISKET, TRI-TIP ...
TEXAS BRISKET RECIPES RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
TEXAS BARBECUE BRISKET RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
TEXAS-STYLE SMOKED BRISKET RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
GRANDMOTHER'S TEXAS BARBECUED BRISKET RECIPE | MYRECIPES
BILTMORE GROWN BEEF BRISKET WITH TEXAS-STYLE BBQ SAUCE
BARBECUE BRISKET SAUCE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
TEXAS BBQ BEANS RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
TEXAS-STYLE BRISKET DRY RUB RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
TEXAS-STYLE BBQ BRISKET AND PERFECT BRISKET BBQ SAUCE ...
TEXAS-STYLE BARBECUED BRISKET RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
PERFECT TEXAS-STYLE SMOKED BBQ BRISKET - DELISHABLY
TEXAS BRISKET RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
TEXAS-STYLE BARBECUED BRISKET & PERFECT BARBECUE SAUCE ...
TEXAS BRISKET SANDWICH | TRADITIONAL SANDWICH TYPE FROM ...
TEXAS STYLE OVEN BRISKET WITH EASY SPICY BBQ SAUCE ...
BBQ BRISKET RECIPE TO DIE FOR (TEXAS STYLE BRISKET)
DON’T MESS WITH TEXAS-STYLE BBQ BRISKET
TEXAS-STYLE BARBECUED BEEF BRISKET RECIPE | MYRECIPES
You'll also love