STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKES WITH MINT AND WHIPPED CREAM
- Make biscuits:
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Blend flour, 4 tablespoons sugar, baking powder, and salt in processor 5 seconds. Add butter. Using on/off turns, process until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add 1 cup cream and orange peel. Process just until moist clumps form. Gather dough into ball; gently knead 5 turns. Roll out dough on floured surface to 3/4-inch-thick round. Using 3-inch-diameter cutter, cut out 3 rounds. Gather dough and reroll as needed to make 3 more 3-inch rounds. Arrange rounds on prepared sheet. Brush with 2 tablespoons cream; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Bake biscuits until pale golden and tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Cool 15 minutes. (Can be made 2 hours ahead.)
- Make berries and cream:
- Combine berries, 1/2 cup sugar, mint, and orange peel in medium bowl; stir to blend. Let stand at least 30 minutes and up to 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Combine cream, vanilla, and remaining 3 tablespoons sugar in large bowl. Whisk until soft peaks form.
- Cut biscuits horizontally in half. Place 1 biscuit bottom in each of 6 bowls. Top each with berries, then sweetened whipped cream and biscuit top.
These classic sweets aren't fancy; they're just plain good and full of memories. Flaky biscuits are filled with our macerated sweetened strawberries and topped with homemade whipped cream.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a food processor, combine flour, butter, 1/3 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt; process until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add milk; pulse just until moistened, 4 or 5 times. Do not overprocess.
- Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface; with floured hands, gently pat dough into a 4-by-8-inch rectangle.
- Dust a large knife with flour; cut dough into 8 squares. Transfer to a baking sheet; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar. Bake until golden, 25 to 30 minutes; cool on baking sheet. To serve, split biscuits with a serrated knife; layer with berries and Whipped Cream.
CITRUS BERRY SHORTCAKE
Here's a quick and easy classic with a soft shortcake layer. Sometimes, I'll sprinkle blueberries over the top for an especially colorful finish. -Meryl Herr, Grand Rapids, Michigan
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line bottom of a greased 9-in. round baking pan with parchment; grease paper., In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk buttermilk, melted butter, egg, orange juice, orange zest and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in 1 cup sliced strawberries. Transfer to prepared pan., Bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack; remove parchment. Cool completely., For topping, in a small bowl, toss strawberries with lemon juice and sugar. Refrigerate until serving. In another bowl, mix whipped topping and liqueur; spread over cake. Drain strawberries; arrange over top.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 268 calories, Fat 10g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 42mg cholesterol, Sodium 245mg sodium, Carbohydrate 39g carbohydrate (20g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 4g protein.
Bright and refreshing, this is not your ordinary strawberry shortcake. The lemon pound cake is sweeter than a biscuit with just a hint of citrus. Topped with fresh strawberries and tangy, sweetened yogurt, this dessert is truly addictive!
Provided by Sarah Agrella
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Lightly grease and flour a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- Sift the cake flour and salt into a bowl. Cream the butter with 1 1/3 cups sugar in a large mixing bowl until light colored and fluffy. Stir in the lemon zest, lemon juice, and vanilla until well blended. Mix in the eggs, one at a time, alternating with the flour mixture. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake cake in preheated oven until top springs back when lightly touched, or a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 1 hour 10 minutes. Cool cake 15 minutes before turning out of pan.
- Meanwhile, place strawberries in a separate bowl. Toss gently with 1/3 cup sugar, cover, and refrigerate until needed.
- Combine the yogurt, heavy cream, and 2 tablespoons sugar in a bowl, and stir until well blended. To serve, top slices of cake with strawberries and a dollop of the cream mixture.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 659.2 calories, Carbohydrate 83.2 g, Cholesterol 200.4 mg, Fat 32.9 g, Fiber 2.2 g, Protein 10.4 g, SaturatedFat 19.5 g, Sodium 392 mg, Sugar 52.4 g
STRAWBERRY & VANILLA SHORTCAKES
Encapsulate British summertime with these cute little shortcakes, perfect piled high with clotted cream and jam
Provided by Jane Hornby
Categories Afternoon tea, Dessert, Treat
Yield Make 8
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat oven to 220C/fan 200C/gas 7 and lightly flour a baking sheet. Put the flour, butter, sugar, half of the vanilla seeds and ¼ tsp salt into the bowl of a food processor, then pulse until fine. Tip into a large bowl. Beat the milk, egg and a good squeeze of lemon together, then tip into the bowl and bring together with a knife, using a cutting action, until you have a clumpy dough. Finally bring together with your hands if you need to.
- Lightly flour the work surface, tip the dough onto it, then quickly shape into a smooth-ish disc. Using a rolling pin, pat out to 2cm thick. Cut out 8 rounds with a smooth 7cm cutter (you'll need to pinch together the trimmings). Glaze just the tops with beaten egg, transfer to the floured sheet, then bake for 10-12 mins until risen and golden, and they sound hollow when tapped on the bottom. Cool on a wire rack.
- Beat the remaining vanilla seeds and icing sugar into the clotted cream. It will get runnier at first, but keep beating and it will thicken again. To serve, slice the very top from each shortcake to give a flat surface, then spoon over about 1 tsp jam. Top with a good dollop of the vanilla clotted cream and finish with the strawberries.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 502 calories, Fat 30 grams fat, SaturatedFat 18 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 55 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 22 grams sugar, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 6 grams protein, Sodium 0.82 milligram of sodium
- Toss the strawberries with 1 cup (250 ml) sugar in a bowl and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- In a separate bowl combine the 2 tablespoons sugar, flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Blend in the butter.
- Add the milk and vanilla and mix well.
- Grease two 8-inch (20 cm) round cake pans and divide the batter between them.
- Bake in a preheated 450°F (230°C) oven for 12 to 15 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and cool.
- Place one cake upside-down on a serving platter and top with half the strawberries.
- Top with the remaining cake layer and the rest of the strawberries.
- Serve garnished with whipped cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 493.8, Fat 17.5, SaturatedFat 10.7, Cholesterol 46.4, Sodium 762.6, Carbohydrate 80.3, Fiber 3.1, Sugar 42.3, Protein 6.5
EASY STRAWBERRY LEMON SHORTCAKE
The lemon in this Lemon Strawberry Shortcake adds so much amazing tartness to this delicious classic dessert! Nothing provides more fresh spring zing than lemon zest with sweet strawberries on crumbly morsels of shortcake, all with fresh whipped cream on top. I LOVE the mix of sweet and citrus. Tender shortcake is ready FAST because they are baked in a pan and not individually.
Provided by Karen
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat your oven to 400 F. If there is room in your fridge or freezer, chill your stand mixer bowl or another large bowl, and the beaters you will use to whip the cream later. (don't fret too much if you don't have room.)
- In a medium bowl, sprinkle the sliced strawberries with 1/2 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon (or more) lemon zest. Mix and refrigerate while you prepare the shortcake.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together flour, 1/4 cup sugar, baking powder, salt, and lemon zest. Use a fork to stir in the cream--do not over mix. While there are still some flour-y spots, add the 1/4 lemon juice. Continue to combine until it has just come together, just a few turns.
- Grease an 8x8 inch baking dish with nonstick spray. Spread the batter into the pan.
- Bake at 400 F for about 18-20 minutes, until golden brown around the edges and a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Carefully lift the shortcake from the pan and let sit on a wire rack to cool some more.
- Cut the shortcake into 6 pieces and then split each piece in half horizontally. (You can use a biscuit cutter if you want to do circles.)
- Make the lemon whipped cream. Take your empty mixing bowl out of the fridge. Add the heavy cream and beat on high. Gradually add in the sugar, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Continue to beat on high until stiff peaks form.
- To assemble, place the bottom half of a shortcake on a plate. Top with strawberry topping, lemon whipped cream, and then the other half of the shortcake. Top with more whipped cream. Enjoy!
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 slice, Calories 761 kcal, Carbohydrate 78 g, Protein 8 g, Fat 48 g, SaturatedFat 30 g, Cholesterol 177 mg, Sodium 457 mg, Fiber 3 g, Sugar 39 g, UnsaturatedFat 16 g
Make a from-scratch Strawberry Shortcake recipe from Food Network with fresh whipped cream, juicy strawberries and homemade shortcake.
Provided by Mary Nolan
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Mix strawberries with 3 tablespoons sugar and refrigerate while juices develop, at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, remaining 2 tablespoons sugar, and salt in a medium bowl. Add heavy cream and mix until just combined. Place mixture in an ungreased 8-inch square pan and bake until golden, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Remove shortcake from pan and place on a rack to cool slightly. Cut into 6 pieces and split each piece in half horizontally.
- Spoon some of the strawberries with their juice onto each shortcake bottom. Top with a generous dollop of whipped cream and then the shortcake top. Spoon more strawberries over the top and serve.
- Using a mixer, beat the heavy cream, sugar, vanilla, and lemon zest until soft peaks form, about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes.
STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKES WITH BROWN SUGAR BISCUITS AND WHITE CHOCOLATE CREAM
Provided by Deborah Snyder
Yield Makes 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 20
- For white chocolate cream:
- Place white chocolate in medium bowl. Place 1 tablespoon water in very small bowl. Sprinkle gelatin over; let stand until gelatin softens, about 15 minutes. Bring 1/2 cup cream and 3 tablespoons sugar to simmer in small saucepan, stirring until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat; add gelatin and stir until dissolved. Pour gelatin mixture over white chocolate, whisking until melted and smooth. Cool to room temperature.
- Beat remaining 2 cups cream in large bowl until peaks form. Fold 1/2 cup cream into white chocolate mixture to lighten. Fold chocolate mixture into remaining cream in bowl. Refrigerate until cold, at least 1 hour and up to 3 hours.
- For biscuits:
- Combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt in large bowl; whisk to blend. Add butter. Using fingertips, rub in until coarse meal forms. Gradually add 1 cup cream, tossing until moist clumps form. Gather dough into ball; shape into 8 1/2-inch round on parchment or foil. Chill 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Cut dough into eight 3-inch rounds, gathering scraps and reshaping as needed. Place rounds on prepared sheet, spacing 2 inches apart. Brush tops with cream and sprinkle with raw sugar. Bake until tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Cool completely. (Can be made 2 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature. If desired, rewarm in 350°F oven 5 minutes before using.)
- For strawberries:
- Combine strawberries, 1/4 cup sugar, lemon juice, lemon peel, and mint or lavender in medium bowl; toss to blend. Let stand at room temperature until juices form, at least 10 minutes, or refrigerate until ready to use, up to 2 hours.
- Cut biscuits in half horizontally. Place 1 bottom on each of 8 plates and mound strawberries with syrup on each, dividing equally. Cover with white chocolate cream and biscuit tops.
- *Also called turbinado or demerara sugar; available at most supermarkets and natural foods stores.
- **Also called culinary lavender buds; available at many health foods stores and from surfasonline.com.
STRAWBERRIES AND CREAM SCONES
I took a leap and veered from Mom's original shortcake recipe to create this scone recipe with cream and strawberries. Instead of a short biscuit, I made light sweet-cream scones for the shortcake part. The difference was delightful! -Martha Laviolette, South Rockwood, Michigan
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large bowl, combine fresh and thawed strawberries. Cover and refrigerate until serving., Line an 8-in. round cake pan with plastic wrap, letting edges hang over sides; set aside. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, stir together 1-1/2 cups cream and vanilla extract. Stir into flour mixture just until moistened. Transfer to prepared pan; pat into an even layer. Cover and freeze 45 minutes or until slightly firm. Preheat oven to 425°., Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Cut into 8 wedges. Place wedges on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Brush with 1 tablespoon whipping cream and, if desired, sprinkle with additional sugar. Bake until golden brown, 15-18 minutes. , Meanwhile, combine remaining whipping cream and confectioners' sugar; whip until stiff peaks form. To serve, cut scones in half; top with reserved strawberries and whipped cream. Garnish as desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 549 calories, Fat 28g fat (17g saturated fat), Cholesterol 85mg cholesterol, Sodium 425mg sodium, Carbohydrate 69g carbohydrate (31g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 8g protein.
WILDWOOD'S STRAWBERRY-CITRUS SHORTCAKE
From the cookbook "Wildwood - Cooking from the Source in the Pacific Northwest" by Cory Schreiber. If you wish, other seasonal berries can be substituted for the strawberries: marionberries, blueberries, blackberries, etc. Note: the original recipe specified 3 tablespoons Grand Marnier or Triple Sec and 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice to flavor the strawberries. I omitted the alcohol and added an equivalent amount of fresh orange juice. I also reduced the strawberries by half but feel free of course to add more.
Provided by COOKGIRl
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 16
- To prepare the strawberries: In a large bowl, combine the strawberries with the sugar and orange juice. Marinate for 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Shortcakes: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, cornmeal, sugar and salt.
- Stir in the cream, lemon zest and orange zest until just combined.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured board. Form into a ball and knead 8 to 12 times, or until the ball holds its shape.
- Cut the dough into 8 equal portions and roll into balls.
- Roll the dough in the melted butter, then the sugar.
- Place on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until lightly browned and cooked through. Let cool slightly on a wire rack.
- Whipping cream: Chill a large, deep mixing bowl and the metal beaters (I place the bowl and beaters in the freezer for about 10 minutes). Pour the cream into the bowl and add the sugar (or alternate sweetener) and vanilla.
- Whip by hand with a whisk or with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. The finished consistency of the whipped cream should just hang from the edge of the whisk. The whipped cream is best if used immediately, but it can be refrigerated for up to 4 hours.
- To serve: Cut each shortcake in half. Top the bottom halves with fruit and whipped cream. Place the top halves on top and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 598.7, Fat 34.2, SaturatedFat 20.9, Cholesterol 117.2, Sodium 437.6, Carbohydrate 68.7, Fiber 3.3, Sugar 28, Protein 6.8
More about "strawberry citrus shortcake food"
CHEF'S RECIPE: STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE WITH SCONES AND GRAND ...
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE RECIPES : FOOD NETWORK | FOOD …
FLORIDA STRAWBERRY AND CITRUS SHORTCAKE : FRESH FROM FLORIDA
STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE RECIPE FROM SCRATCH - GIRL. INSPIRED.
5/5 (2)Category DessertServings 8Calories 602 per serving
- In a food processor or medium sized bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, 1/4 cup sugar, and 1 Tbsp powdered sugar.
- Pour milk mixture into dry ingredients while running food processor until just incoporated. Do not overmix.
STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE - COUNTRY LIVING
Cuisine AmericanEstimated Reading Time 2 minsServings 6Calories 488 per serving
STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE LOAF - LEPP FARM MARKET
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Lightly grease a loaf pan (I used a 4×10-inch, so a 9×5-inch should work just fine) and line with a sheet of parchment paper that overhangs the sides by a couple of inches. Set aside.
- In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, beat the eggs on low speed until foamy. Increase speed of mixer one notch and slowly add the sugar, until it has all been added. Increase speed of mixer to high and whisk until mixture is light and tripled in volume – 8-10 minutes. (don’t skimp on the mixing time part!) Add vanilla in last minute of mixing.
- Remove bowl from mixer (if using). Using a sifter or fine strainer, sift the flour over the top of the batter and gently fold into the batter until it is just incorporated. It’s best to do this in two steps, using half the flour at a time as it ensures the flour all gets evenly mixed into the batter.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle prepared strawberries evenly over the top. Some berries will naturally sink into the delicate batter during the baking process.
QUICK AND EASY STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE DUMP CAKE RECIPE
5/5 (1)Total Time 45 minsCategory DessertCalories 87 per serving
STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE - CARLSBAD CRAVINGS
Reviews 8Total Time 1 hr 12 minsCategory Dessert
- Lemon Curd (may also use store-bought): Whisk egg and egg yolk in medium bowl, set aside. Melt butter in medium metal or glass bowl set over large saucepan of simmering water. To this metal bowl, whisk in sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest, and salt; gradually whisk in egg mixture. Whisk until thick and thermometer inserted into curd registers 178°F to 180°F (it will continue to thicken upon standing). Transfer to small bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze 30-45 minutes (until cold) or refrigerate for up to 24 hours in an airtight container until ready to use.
- Strawberries: Using potato masher, mash 2 cups strawberries in a large bowl. Cut all remaining strawberries into 1/4 inch thick slices. Stir sliced strawberries and sugar into crushed strawberries. Refrigerate mixture until sugar has dissolved and strawberries are juicy, at least 30 minutes up to 24 hours. The longer the strawberries chill, the more juices they release. If you chill closer to 24 hours, you may need to drain off some excess juices although you definitely keep some (seeps into the biscuits - yum!).
- In food processor, pulse flour, 3 tablespoons sugar, baking powder and salt until combined, about 5 pulses. Scatter butter over top and pulse mixture until it resembles coarse meal, about 15 pulses. Stir flour mixture into half and half/egg until large clumps form. Form the dough into a ball and place on a lightly floured surface, parchment paper or nonstick mat.
STRAWBERRY 'SHORTCAKE' LAYER CAKE - FOOD DUCHESS
5/5 (2)Category BakingCuisine American, BritishTotal Time 55 mins
- Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare two 8” springform cake pans (preferably a light colored pan) with cooking spray and parchment rounds. Meanwhile, add flour, baking powder, and salt to a medium bowl and whisk together to combine. Set aside.
- Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl and toss to evenly coat the strawberries. Allow strawberries to sit for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Add whipping cream, confectioners sugar, and vanilla, to a large bowl, beat with an electric mixer until stiff peaks have formed. Add mascarpone and continue to beat, just until smooth. Be careful not to overbeat.
LEMON STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE - GATHER FOR BREAD
5/5 (4)Estimated Reading Time 3 minsServings 8Total Time 20 mins
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, combine the egg, buttermilk, butter, lemon juice, lemon peel and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in strawberries. Pour into a greased and floured 9-in. round baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, combine the strawberries, lemon juice and sugar. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
EASY HOMEMADE STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE RECIPE
4.1/5 (73)Total Time 1 hr 30 minsCategory DessertCalories 486 per serving
BEST STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE RECIPES - FOOD & WINE
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE COULD SOON BECOME PART OF FLORIDA LAW
Author Catherine Hawley
STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE WITH SCONES AND GRAND MARNIER - THE ...
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
CAKES: STRAWBERRY-CITRUS SHORTCAKE
Estimated Reading Time 50 secs
STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE - ITS ALWAYS THYME
Cuisine AmericanCategory DessertServings 8
SWEET STRAWBERRIES FOR SHORTCAKE & OTHER DESSERTS - SNAPPY ...
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 4 hrs 5 minsCategory DessertCalories 69 per serving
IS STRAWBERRY CITRUS RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
Category DessertsCalories 128 per servingTotal Time 15 mins
12 BEST STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKES IN SINGAPORE THAT ARE LIGHT ...
Estimated Reading Time 8 mins
THE NEW WAY TO STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE - LOS ANGELES TIMES
BERRY SHORTCAKE WITH FRESH WHIPPED CREAM - FOOD | FOLLOW ANN
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
STRAWBERRY CITRUS SORBET ⋆ BISCUITS TO BROWNIES
HOW TO MAKE STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE FROM SCRATCH | READER'S ...
MOIST STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE RECIPES
STRAWBERRY-CITRUS SHORTCAKE RECIPE
GOOD HUMOR STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE CAKE RECIPES
STRAWBERRY-CITRUS SHORTCAKE | RECIPE | STRAWBERRY ...
FLORIDA SENATE NAMES OFFICIAL STATE DESSERT—ONE WITH NO CITRUS
STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE IS GAINING STATE RECOGNITION | PLANT ...
BALSAMIC STRAWBERRY CITRUS SHORTCAKE WITH WHIPPED RICOTTA
LT. GOV. NUNEZ BACKS KEY LIME PIE OVER STRAWBERRY ...
STRAWBERRY-CITRUS SHORTCAKE - YUM TASTE
STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE COOKIES | GROWING CHEFS! ONTARIO
STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
You'll also love