THE BEST FOCACCIA
It's easy to make classic focaccia at home. Our version is airy and slightly chewy, with a delicate golden crust. A drizzle of salt water over the dough during the final rise gives the bread a deeper flavor.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 8 to 10 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- For the dough: Whisk together the flour, yeast and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer. Using the dough hook on low speed, stir in the warm water and 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, mixing until the flour is completely moistened. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Add the salt and knead on medium speed for 5 minutes. (The dough will tighten up, then begin to relax. After 5 minutes it will be very wet and stick to the bottom of the mixer but not the sides.)
- Rub 2 tablespoons olive oil around the bottom and sides of a large mixing bowl (big enough to hold at least double the volume of the dough). Using a scraper or spatula, transfer the dough to the bowl, flipping once to coat completely with oil. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit until doubled in size, about 2 hours.
- Pour the remaining 1/4 cup olive oil into the bottom of an 18-by-13-inch rimmed baking sheet. Use your hands to evenly distribute the oil along the bottom and up the sides. Scrape the dough into the baking sheet, flattening it slightly with your hands. Flip the dough once and gently stretch it to fit into an even layer in the baking sheet. (The dough may not stretch to the edges at this point. If it starts to pull back, let rest 10 minutes and re-stretch, making sure to pull from the center as well as the edges to get an even thickness.) Use your fingertips to make dimples over the surface of the focaccia, pressing firmly but not so hard you make holes in the dough.
- For the brine and finish: Dissolve the kosher salt in 1/3 cup warm water. Drizzle over the surface of the focaccia, letting it pool in the dimples. Cover loosely with plastic wrap that has been lightly sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Let sit in a warm place for 45 minutes to relax and rise again.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Remove the plastic wrap from the dough and sprinkle with flaky sea salt. Bake, rotating the baking sheet once halfway through, until the focaccia is deep golden brown on the top and bottom, 30 to 35 minutes. Drizzle with the olive oil and let sit for 5 minutes. Use a spatula to remove the focaccia to a wire rack to cool completely.
THE EASIEST, BESTEST FOCACCIA BREAD EVER!!
This focaccia bread is sooo easy and tastes wonderful! Tons of herbs and seasonings, and tons of flavor!! Great to make sandwiches with! You can alter the toppings to your liking. I have made this with caramelized onions and sliced tomato on top...Mmmmmm!!!
Provided by Manda
Yield 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Mix the yeast and water in a small bowl. Let proof for 10 minutes (until bubbles begin to form).
- In large bowl, stir together flour, salt, sugar, garlic powder, oregano, thyme, basil, and black pepper.
- Add the yeast mix and vegetable oil to the dry ingredients and combine.
- When dough has pulled together, turn out onto lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic.
- Lightly oil a large bowl, place dough in bowl, and turn to coat with oil.
- Cover with damp cloth and let rise in warm place 25 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Punch dough down, place on greased baking sheet.
- Pat dough into 1/2-inch thick rectangle (doesn't have to be perfect).
- Using your knuckle, make indentations in the dough about 1/2-inch apart, then prick dough with fork.
- Brush top with olive oil, then sprinkle with Parmesan and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes until golden brown.
People also searched
More about "small batch focaccia food"
MINI LOAF PAN FOCACCIA - SMALL BATCH RECIPE! - THE …
Web Jun 11, 2020 This small batch focaccia recipe uses just one cup of flour (120 grams) to make a mini focaccia that bakes up golden brown and …
4.9/5 (72)Category Side Dish
4.9/5 (72)Category Side Dish
- Combine flour, salt, and sugar, in a medium sized bowl and mix with your hand to evenly distribute. Make a well in the center and add warm water. Sprinkle yeast on top and let bloom for 30-60 seconds. Add oil, then use a fork or small spatula to stir the liquid in the center, slowly incorporating flour from the sides of the bowl until a sticky dough forms.CORRECTION: In the video you'll see me add yeast and then water. It should be the other way around. Oops!
- Switch to a bowl scraper or spatula and begin folding the dough over itself, rotating the bowl as you go until the dough is cohesive and no lumps or dry spots remain. The dough is very, very sticky at this point so do the best you can — just keep folding for about 30-60 seconds until the dough is somewhat in the shape of a ball.
- Then, with a damp hand, scoop the dough up, slap it down in the bowl and fold it over itself away from you. Repeat the folding process 10-12 times until the dough feels like it has tightened up slightly. Wet your hand as needed so the dough doesn't stick to you.Cover and let rest for 15 minutes. NOTE: This is a modified version of the "slap and fold" technique. When you scoop the dough up your fingertips should be cuved under, pointing toward your body. When you pick the dough up, rotate your wrist so your thumb is up — almost like you're holding a cup. Then "slap" the dough on the near side of the bowl and fold it away from you. The idea is to rotate the dough 90 degrees between each fold so you're folding in both directions. This builds structure in the dough and you will feel it tightening up as you work.
SMALL BATCH FOCACCIA RECIPE - KINDA PROFESSIONAL BAKER
Web Apr 12, 2021 Hoping this recipe is a help for people like me who don’t need a lot of food around LOL! Bread making is a science and also requires a lot of patience. Most of the time you’re waiting for the bread to rise and …
EASY SMALL BATCH FOCACCIA – THE BEADER CHEF
Web Mar 3, 2022 This easy small batch focaccia is rich, chewy, utterly delicious and (of course) easy no knead! Prep Time 15 minutes Cook Time 35 minutes Proofing Time 1 hour 45 minutes Servings 6 servings …
MINI FOCACCIA - BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
Web Nov 19, 2012 Using the tips of your fingers, make 1/2-inch deep indents over the surface of the dough. Cover with plastic wrap and let stand in a warm place for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 400°F. If necessary, re …
SMALL BATCH ROSEMARY FOCACCIA - COOKIE MADNESS
Web Feb 1, 2006 Let sit until bubbly and foamy (about 5 minutes). In a mixing bowl, stir together flour, salt and rosemary. Add yeast mixture to flour and stir well. Stir in olive oil. Put the dough in a food processor with a dough …
SHOCKINGLY EASY NO-KNEAD FOCACCIA RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
Web Feb 22, 2020 Small Saucepan $155 At Amazon Ingredients 10–12 servings 1 ¼-oz. envelope active dry yeast (about 2¼ tsp.) 2 tsp. honey 5 cups (625 g) all-purpose flour 5 tsp. Diamond Crystal or 1 Tbsp. Morton...
SMALL BATCH FOCACCIA BREAD | BY LEIGH ANNE WILKES - YOUR …
Web May 23, 2021 Focaccia Bread Proof yeast and sugar in 1/2 cup warm water – 105-115 degrees F until foamy and bubbly In a bowl, combine flour, salt and olive oil. Add in yeast mixture and mix to combine. Dough will be …
SMALL BATCH SOURDOUGH FOCACCIA · I AM A FOOD BLOG
Web Jun 3, 2020 Small Batch Sourdough Focaccia Serves 6" round loaf 4.67 from 9 votes Ingredients 24 grams mature starter see note 97.5 grams water 86 grams 00 flour see …
4.7/5 (9)Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
4.7/5 (9)Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, mix together the starter and water, then stir in flour and salt. Mix on low until a shaggy ball forms, then mix with olive oil for 5 minutes until smooth and elastic. Shape the dough into a ball and place in an oiled bowl.
- Let rise for two hours, completing stretch-and-folds four times, every half and hour. (To stretch and fold: lightly wet your hands and gather your dough at the top of the bowl and lift with two hands towards the ceiling, lifting and stretching enough so that you can fold the dough over on itself, tucking it into the opposite side. Repeat on all four sides.)
- After two hours, grease a 6 inch round pan with olive oil and line with parchment. Using lightly oiled hands, round the dough into a ball and transfer to the pan, cover with plastic and let rest for two hours at room temperature - there won’t be much of a rise, more of a spreading out and loosening of the dough. Place in the fridge overnight.
- The next day, 1-3 hours before you want to bake, proof at room temp for 1-3 hours until the dough rises and becomes quite airy looking.
SMALL-BATCH FIG AND ONION FOCACCIA - FOOD AND COOKING PRO
Web Sep 16, 2022 Seamlessly mixing candy and savory components, this Small-Batch Fig and Onion Fo ...
AIR FRYER FOCACCIA | BABAGANOSH
Web Jan 26, 2023 Preheat the air fryer to 340F. Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons butter in a small bowl, and combine with salt and Italian seasoning. Brush half of the seasoned …
SMALL-BATCH FIG AND ONION FOCACCIA - FOODINGNEWS.IT - ALL ABOUT …
Web Sep 15, 2022 Drizzle dough with remaining 2 teaspoons (10 grams) oil. Top with figs and onion. Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 425°F (220°C), and bake until …
NO KNEAD FOCACCIA (SUPER EASY) - CLOUDY KITCHEN
Web Feb 20, 2021 Flavour variations for homemade focaccia. To make tomato focaccia: Roast 800g cherry or grape tomatoes, 10-12 garlic cloves, a sprig of rosemary in olive oil on a …
FOCACCIA BREAD WITH CARAMELIZED SHALLOTS AND THYME
Web Oct 1, 2022 Combine water, sugar, and yeast and whisk with a fork. Let stand for 5-minutes until cloudy and foamy. Meanwhile, in a large bowl whisk together flour and salt. …
SMALL BATCH MINI LOAF PAN FOCACCIA » THE PRACTICAL KITCHEN
Web Small Batch Loaf Pan Mini Focaccia Combine flour, salt, and sugar in a mixing bowl. Add water and yeast. Let sit for a minute, then add olive oil. Mix with a fork, adding flour from …
A SMALL SOLUTION TO FOCACCIA’S BIGGEST PROBLEM | KING …
Web Mar 2, 2023 This simple bread requires only basic ingredients: just a cup of bread flour (which gives the focaccia its supple, chewy texture), salt, yeast, water, and olive oil, plus …
15 SMALL BATCH FOCACCIA - SELECTED RECIPES
Web Small Batch Focaccia 2 hr 35 min Olive oil, sugar, top, active dry yeast, all purpose flour 4.555 Small Batch Focaccia 30 min Olive oil, sugar, top, fresh herbs, all purpose flour …
SMALL-BATCH CHEESY FOCACCIA RECIPE | KING ARTHUR BAKING
Web 1 small focaccia Instructions To make the dough: Weigh your flour; or measure it by gently spooning it into a cup, then sweeping off any excess. In a medium bowl, whisk together …
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love