SLOW COOKER LEG OF LAMB
- Grate lemon zest into a mortar; add rosemary, garlic, thyme, parsley, olive oil, sea salt, black pepper, and onion powder. Grind into a paste using a pestle.
- Pat lamb dry and rub herb mixture all over the lamb. Place lamb into a 3-quart slow cooker and squeeze juice of the lemon over lamb. Add broth and cover.
- Cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 204.6 calories, Carbohydrate 2.8 g, Cholesterol 68.5 mg, Fat 12.6 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 19.9 g, SaturatedFat 4.7 g, Sodium 300 mg, Sugar 0.2 g
LEG OF LAMB FOR THE SLOW COOKER / CROCK POT
Lamb is consumed quite a bit in Australia. I cooked this leg of lamb in the slow cooker today for Little Miss (DD) and Hubby (DD). I don't eat red meat, but I don't deprive my family if they want to eat it. You may not want to season the lamb with salt, as this recipe has the liquid stock & soy which both have high salt contents, but it's up to your taste bugs. You could also push some rosemary into the incisions with the garlic or sprinkle some around the lamb once its in the Slow Cooker / Crock Pot. Hubby said the meat fell away from the bone. Enjoy
Provided by Chef floWer
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Make small incisions in leg of lamb and insert the slices of garlic in each incision.
- Rub olive oil, rosemary around the lamb and season with salt and pepper.
- In large non-stick pan, brown leg of lamb.
- While the lamb is browning, you can prepare the slow cooker/crock pot. Pour the stock and soy sauce into the slow cooker/crock pot. When the lamb is finishing browning add it to the slow cooker/crock pot.
- Cover and cook for 8-10 hours on low setting.
- Remove from slow cooker/crock pot and let rest 15 to 20 minutes before slicing.
SLOW COOKER LEG OF LAMB
Cook a leg of lamb in the slow cooker and be rewarded with tender meat that melts in the mouth. Enjoy with mashed potatoes and steamed veg
Provided by Esther Clark
Categories Dinner, Main course, Supper
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Add the lamb and brown on each side for 4-5 mins. Set the slow cooker to low. Melt the butter in a saucepan until foaming, then stir through the flour. Whisk in the stock gradually until incorporated, add the wine and bring to the boil. Set aside.
- Put the onion, garlic, thyme and rosemary into your slow cooker and sit the lamb on top. Pour over the lamb gravy. Put the lid on and cook for 8 hrs or until soft and tender.
- Remove the lamb and set, covered, on a plate. Strain the liquid into a pan and simmer until slightly thickened. Serve the lamb thickly sliced or shredded (it'll be quite soft) with mashed potatoes, green veg and the gravy.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 574 calories, Fat 37 grams fat, SaturatedFat 16 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 9 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 3 grams sugar, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 43 grams protein, Sodium 0.3 milligram of sodium
SLOW COOKER ROASTED LEG OF LAMB
- Bring leg of lamb to room temperature, about 2 hours.
- Pour wine into a slow cooker. Mix lemon juice, honey, mustard, garlic, vinegar, rosemary, thyme, sea salt, and pepper together in a bowl until a thick paste forms. Massage paste into the lamb using your hands; gently place into the slow cooker.
- Cook on Low, without removing the cover, for 5 hours. An instant-read thermometer inserted near the bone should read 145 degrees F (65 degrees C). Let lamb rest for 15 to 20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 284.9 calories, Carbohydrate 10.5 g, Cholesterol 100.3 mg, Fat 14 g, Fiber 1.3 g, Protein 25.6 g, SaturatedFat 6.8 g, Sodium 464.5 mg, Sugar 5.9 g
LEG OF LAMB IN THE SLOW COOKER (WITH GARLIC AND ROSEMARY)
This is high reward for minimum effort food-people will think you're a fabulous cook when you really didn't do much. To make a really earth-shattering meal - when you want to win friends and influence people - serve it with garlicky tzatziki and homemade naan. Fortunately, a slow cooker solves the dilemma. The long, low cooking time breaks down the tough connective tissues in a leg of lamb, making it fall-off-the-bone tender, without turning it to mush.
Provided by Timothy H.
Yield 6-10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Rub the oil all over the lamb and either brown it in a hot pan or throw it on the grill to get some colour. Meanwhile, toss all the potatoes and about half the garlic cloves into the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Put the lamb on top of the potatoes, squish a few more cloves of garlic and rub it over the surface, then sprinkle with salt.
- Toss in a few sprigs of rosemary and pour some wine in around the potatoes, cover (if the bone sticks out, cover the lid with foil to seal in the heat) and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Carve the lamb and serve with the potatoes, finished with a squeeze of lemon, if you like.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 97, Fat 0.4, SaturatedFat 0.1, Sodium 25.9, Carbohydrate 21.7, Fiber 1.9, Sugar 0.9, Protein 2.4
SLOW-COOKED GREEK LAMB
- Preheat an oven to 425 degrees F.
- Set the lamb leg in a large roasting pan, and season it well with sea salt and black pepper. Sprinkle the meat with the oregano and pour the lemon juice and wine over top. Drizzle the lamb with the olive oil and roast until the exterior is browned, about 20 minutes.
- Add the water to the bottom of the pan and cover the lamb loosely with foil. Reduce the oven temperature to 315 degrees F, and roast the lamb for another 1 1/2 hours.
- At this point, arrange the potato chunks and lemon quarters around the lamb and return the pan to the oven for another 2 hours, turning the potatoes at least once and basting the lamb with the pan juices. The lamb should be very tender. Remove the meat from the pan and set it aside to rest before slicing.
- Increase the oven's heat to 425 degrees F.
- Add the olives to the potatoes and return the pan to the oven until the potatoes are golden, about 20 minutes. Serve the vegetables with the lamb and with some pan juices spooned over the top.
SLOW COOKED LEG OF LAMB
Slow cooked, melt-in-the-mouth meat that needs seven hours in the oven but little more than seven minutes work from the cook
Provided by Orlando Murrin
Categories Dinner, Main course
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat oven to 120C/fan 100C/gas ½. Put your largest lidded casserole on the hob and brown the seasoned leg of lamb on all sides - do this very thoroughly until it is a good dark brown as it will not brown during the cooking. (If you don't do it now, it will end up beige.) If the lamb sticks, add a drizzle of oil - legs of lamb differ. Allow 10 mins on a high heat and put on the cooker fan to remove the smoke. Pour away any fat that has collected in the bottom of the pan.
- Throw in the vegetables, followed by the wine and stock. Season and bring to the boil, then clap on the lid and put in the oven. Bake for 7 hrs, turning twice. After 5 hrs the meat will be cooked and offer no resistance to the knife.
- There is no need to rest the meat when cooked in this way, but to finish the sauce, transfer the meat and vegetables to a serving dish. Strain the sauce into a jug and pour or blot away the fat with kitchen paper. Pour the sauce into a pan then boil the liquid hard to reduce by a quarter, by which time it will be rich and flavoursome. Adjust seasoning, add the Armagnac if you wish, and serve alongside the lamb, which should be served with a spoon, a la cuillère as the French call it.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 743 calories, Fat 41 grams fat, SaturatedFat 20 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 14 grams carbohydrates, Fiber 3 grams fiber, Protein 73 grams protein, Sodium 1 milligram of sodium
More about "slow cooker leg of lamb food"
SLOW COOKER ROAST LAMB LEG - RECIPETIN EATS
10 BEST LEG OF LAMB SLOW COOKED WITH RED WINE RECIPES - YUMMLY
GREEK BONELESS LEG OF LAMB (SLOW COOKER OR BRAISED) - THE ...
SLOW COOKER ROAST LAMB - SLOW COOKING PERFECTED
SLOW-COOKED MOROCCAN LEG OF LAMB - MY EASY COOKING
SLOW COOKED LAMB SHOULDER | JAMIE OLIVER LAMB RECIPES
SLOW COOKED BONELESS LEG OF LAMB RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ...
SLOW COOKED LEG OF LAMB MADE EASY IN THE SLOW COOKER # ...
10 BEST SLOW COOKER LEG OF LAMB WITH VEGETABLES RECIPES ...
SLOW COOKER LEG OF LAMB - SUPERGOLDEN BAKES
BEST SLOW COOKED LEG OF LAMB RECIPE - PANTSDOWNAPRONSON
SLOW COOKER LEG OF LAMB RECIPE JAMIE OLIVER / WATCH RECIPE ...
SLOW COOKED LEG OF LAMB - TENDER SOFT MEAT BY FLAWLESS FOOD
SLOW COOKER LEG OF LAMB RECIPE ... - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
MARY BERRY’S SLOW ROAST LEG OF LAMB RECIPE - BBC FOOD
SLOW ROAST LEG OF LAMB | RECIPETIN EATS
SLOW ROAST LEG OF LAMB RECIPE - BBC FOOD
SLOW COOKED LAMB LEG | AUSTRALIAN LAMB - RECIPES, COOKING ...
LAMB SLOW COOKER RECIPES - SLOW COOKER CLUB
SLOW-COOKED BUTTERFLY LAMB LEG - FOOD TO LOVE
SLOW COOKED MEDITERRANEAN LAMB - CASTLE IN THE MOUNTAINS
SLOW COOKER LEG OF LAMB - GOOD HOUSEKEEPING
SLOW-COOKED LEG OF LAMB WITH SPICED YOGURT ... - FOOD & WINE
SLOW COOKER BONELESS LEG OF LAMB - COOKING LSL
LEG OF LAMB IN THE SLOW COOKER WITH GARLIC AND ROSEMARY ...
2 INGREDIENT SLOW COOKER ROAST LAMB - SO EASY! FAB FOOD 4 ALL
SLOW COOKED LEG OF LAMB - A CLASSIC GREEK RECIPE | COMPASS ...
SCIENCE OF SLOW COOKING - SCIENCE OF FOOD AND COOKING
SLOW COOKED LEG OF LAMB JAMES MARTIN RECIPES
SLOW COOKED LEG OF LAMB MADE EASY IN THE SLOW COOKER ...
QUESTION: HOW TO SLOW COOK LEG OF LAMB IN SLOW COOKER ...
SLOW COOKER LEG OF LAMB WITH VEGETABLES - AHEAD OF THYME
SLOW COOKED HARISSA LEG OF LAMB | SHEMINS
SLOW COOKER LEG OF LAMB RECIPE RECIPE | RECIPES.NET
LEG OF LAMB WITH POTATOES AND CARROTS IN CROCK POT RECIPE ...
SLOW COOKER LAMB LEG - IMMACULATE BITES
SLOW COOKED LEG OF LAMB (WITH POTATOES - REAL GREEK RECIPES
OTTOLENGHI LEG OF LAMB RECIPES
SLOW COOKED MOROCCAN LEG OF LAMB RECIPE - THE MOM 100
HOW TO COOK THE BEST SLOW-ROASTED LEG OF LAMB - DELISHABLY
EASY SLOW COOKER LEG OF LAMB WITH ROSEMARY & GARLIC
You'll also love