- Heat oil in Dutch oven over low heat; add onions, garlic, jalapenos, salt and pepper and cook, stirring, 10 minutes or until translucent. Add avocados and stock and bring to the simmer. Simmer 15 to20 minutes or until avocados are soft. Add cream, bring back to a simmer, then puree with immersion blender until very smooth. Stir in cilantro and lime and serve, topped with Corn and Tomato Garnish.
- Stir together corn kernels with all other ingredients in a small bowl.
This is a deliciously different use for avocados. I add sour cream and bacon bits to garnish the smooth texture of the avocado soup and to add some extra flavor. -Bernice Orm, Ojai, California
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add the broth, potatoes, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-25 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Remove from the heat; cool slightly., Place avocados in a blender; add potato mixture. Cover and puree. Return to the pan; heat through. Garnish with sour cream and bacon.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 241 calories, Fat 16g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 22mg cholesterol, Sodium 658mg sodium, Carbohydrate 19g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 6g protein.
CHILLED AVOCADO SOUP
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, chile and the garlic and cook until slightly soft, about 2 minutes.
- Season with salt, to taste. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- Put the avocados in a large bowl. Add the chicken broth, lemon juice, cilantro, onion mixture, and water. Add, in batches, to a blender and puree until smooth, straining each batch of puree into a large bowl. Stir in the 1 teaspoon of salt and the 1 teaspoon of pepper, then cover and refrigerate until well chilled, about 3 hours.
- Pour the chilled soup into individual bowls. Top each serving with a drizzle of the sour cream. Serve with crostini or croutons, if desired.
If you're an avocado lover, this easy soup recipe is calling your name! Serve this creamy soup with crispy tortilla shreds for an added crunch.
Provided by BHG Test Kitchen
Number Of Ingredients 14
- In a blender or food processor combine 2 cups of the chicken broth and the three avocados. Cover and blend or process until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan cook onion in hot butter for 3 to 4 minutes or until tender.
- If using sherry, remove saucepan from heat. Carefully add sherry. (If not using sherry, continue to step 4). Return to heat; cook and stir until liquid is nearly evaporated.
- Add the avocado puree, the remaining broth, the half-and-half, and salt. Cook and stir over medium-low heat just until mixture is heated through (do not boil). If desired, season to taste with bottled hot pepper sauce.
- Serve immediately or cover and chill before serving. Serve topped with crema, Crispy Tortilla Shreds, and chopped avocado and/or red onion. Crispy Tortilla Shreds
- Cut tortillas into 1/4-inch wide strips. In a small skillet, heat oil over medium heat until hot. Add tortilla strips, 1/4 at a time, to oil. Cook until golden brown. Remove from oil with a slotted spoon. Drain on paper towels. Repeat with remaining tortilla strips. Sprinkle lightly with salt.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 419 kcal, Carbohydrate 17 g, Cholesterol 41 mg, Protein 6 g, SaturatedFat 11 g, Sodium 665 mg, Sugar 2 g, Fat 39 g, UnsaturatedFat 25 g
SIMPLE AVOCADO SOUP
- In a food processor or blender, puree an extreme ripe avocado - one to the point of being dark and squishy soft all over.)
- Add cream slowly, then pour in hot broth. Mix just until blended. And salt and white pepper to taste.
- Into the bottom of each soup bowl place one tablespoon of dry sherry, then ladle soup over and serve. This takes about two minutes from the time you first notice that the avocado is going to go bad if you don't use it immediately. It is also delicious cold, but it doesn't work out to add cold chicken broth because the chicken fat will not blend properly; it is necessary to heat the broth, then cool the soup.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 320, UnsaturatedFat 13 grams, Carbohydrate 12 grams, Fat 27 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 5 grams, SaturatedFat 13 grams, Sodium 569 milligrams, Sugar 4 grams
CREAM OF AVOCADO SOUP
A creamy, savory summer soup that is ready in less than 30 minutes. This cream of avocado soup uses much less cream than typical cream soups because avocados are so creamy on their own.
Provided by Kirbie
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Add garlic and onions and ¼ cup of chicken broth to soup pot and bring to medium high heat. Cook garlic and onions until garlic is lightly browned and onions are translucent.
- Add in remaining chicken broth, avocados, lime juice and cilantro. Bring to a simmer and cook 5-10 minutes, until all the flavors come together. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Pour soup into blender. Blend until smooth. Add in cream and blend slowly just until cream is incorporated.
- Serve soup immediately. If desired, garnish with fresh slices of avocado, cilantro, and a swirl of sour cream.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 0.25 of recipe, Calories 231 kcal, Carbohydrate 9.4 g, Protein 3.3 g, Fat 21.5 g, SaturatedFat 8.3 g, TransFat 0.4 g, Cholesterol 36.1 mg, Sodium 476.9 mg, Fiber 4.9 g, Sugar 2.3 g, UnsaturatedFat 11.1 g
AVOCADO SPINACH & LIME SOUP
A fresh, raw blended soup with a natural zing from the lime and complimentary spices. Adding cashew sour cream and sundried tomatoes to garnish really finishes this off beautifully.
Provided by Russell James
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Blend all ingredients, except the garnishes in a high-speed blender until smooth.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with sour cream, chopped chives, a little slice of avocado, spring onions & finely diced sundried tomatoes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 206 kcal, Carbohydrate 16 g, Protein 5 g, Fat 16 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, Sodium 807 mg, Fiber 10 g, Sugar 3 g, ServingSize 1 serving
EASY ASPARAGUS AVOCADO SOUP
This creamy green soup is a dream. You'll love how simple but flavorful it is, and it's anti-inflammatory like all of our recipes!
Provided by Amie Valpone
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss the asparagus on the prepared baking sheet with the olive oil, sea salt, and pepper. Roast asparagus for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven; set aside to cool for 5 minutes, then cut the asparagus into 1-inch pieces.
- Puree asparagus, avocado, scallion, fresh basil, unsweetened almond milk, pure maple syrup, ground cumin, and curry powder in a food processor until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to serving bowls and serve warm, garnish with finely chopped fresh basil and sesame seeds.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 261 kcal, Carbohydrate 17 g, Protein 4 g, Fat 21 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, Sodium 413 mg, Fiber 9 g, Sugar 5 g, ServingSize 1 serving
- Melt the butter in a 4 quart saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté until soft and fragrant, 2 minutes. Add the spinach, toss to combine and season with salt and pepper.
- Continue cooking the spinach until completely wilted, then add the chicken broth and avocado and bring to a simmer. Stir in the lemon juice and more salt and pepper if desired. Cover, reduce the heat to medium low and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the half-and-half. Using a hand-held or conventional blender, purée the soup, taste and adjust the seasoning if needed.
- To serve, ladle into bowls and garnish with the chopped scallions.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 299 kcal, Carbohydrate 18 g, Protein 9 g, Fat 24 g, SaturatedFat 9 g, Cholesterol 33 mg, Sodium 217 mg, Fiber 7 g, Sugar 4 g, UnsaturatedFat 13 g, ServingSize 1 serving
Avocado soup is lusciously creamy and rich with lots of good flavors like lime, garlic, onion, cumin and cilantro. This recipe is based on a Columbian soup called Crema de Aguacate.
Provided by Christine Pittman
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat a large pot over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until translucent. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds. Add chicken broth and lime juice. Stir. Add avocadoes, salt and cumin. Stir.
- Increase heat to high and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce to a simmer and cook 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a blender (depending on the size of your blender, you may have to puree half of the mixture at a time). Puree until smooth.
- Return avocado puree to the pot. Add the half and half. Heat through over medium heat, stirring continuously. Ladle into soup bowls and garnish with cilantro, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 207 calories, Sugar 5.2 g, Sodium 328.9 mg, Fat 14.3 g, SaturatedFat 2.7 g, TransFat 0 g, Carbohydrate 16.4 g, Fiber 4.8 g, Protein 6.9 g, Cholesterol 4 mg
CHILLED AVOCADO & CUCUMBER SOUP
The cool sensation of cucumber combined with the creaminess of avocado makes for a wonderfully refreshing cold soup. It's light, refreshing and 100% raw!
Provided by Julie | The Simple Veganista
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Slice the cucumber in half lengthwise, cut the halves in half lengthwise, and chop the cucumber slices into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Slice the avocado in half lengthwise, remove the seed and using a large spoon scoop the avocado flesh from the skin.
- Add the cucumber, avocado, garlic, cumin or dill, lemon, and salt to the cup of your blender or food processor. Blend until creamy.
- Enjoy chilled or at room temperature.
- Serve garnished with diced tomatoes, red onions and cilantro if you like. You could even top with julienned carrots, diced colorful bell peppers, etc. Most veggies will make a nice garnish and taste well with this dish while also adding some texture.
- This is 2 small servings or one large serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 72 calories, Sugar 0.8 g, Sodium 82.4 mg, Fat 7.2 g, SaturatedFat 0.8 g, TransFat 0 g, Carbohydrate 2 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 0.3 g, Cholesterol 0 mg
AVOCADO AND BACON SOUP
Wonderful way to blend the tastes of avocado and bacon in a warm, hearty soup. Besides the bacon bits, this soup works with a dollop of sour cream and some lime zest. Eat with plenty of crusty bread.
Provided by MRPAUL1
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook the bacon until evenly brown. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon grease in the skillet, chop, and set aside. Place onion and celery in the skillet, and cook until tender.
- Transfer the onion and celery to a blender or food processor. Pour in 1/2 the chicken stock, add avocados, and blend until smooth.
- Transfer blender mixture to a large pot over medium heat. Whisk in remaining stock, wine, lime juice, and heavy cream. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until heated through, but do not boil. Garnish with chopped bacon to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 348.5 calories, Carbohydrate 11.5 g, Cholesterol 68.6 mg, Fat 30.2 g, Fiber 5.3 g, Protein 7.6 g, SaturatedFat 12.4 g, Sodium 775 mg, Sugar 2.2 g
Here's a delicious Avocado Soup recipe that you can always rely on. Serve it lukewarm or chilled and definitely try it with some freshly made veggie stock!
Provided by MexicanPlease
Number Of Ingredients 18
- To make the vegetable stock, start by roughly chopping 2 onions, 3-4 carrots, and 3-4 celery stalks. Add these to a gallon-sized pot along with a dollop of oil. Let the veggies sweat until they are just starting to soften (approx. 10 minutes).
- Fill the pot to the brim with cold water and add 1/2 parsley bunch, 10-15 whole black peppercorns, and 2 bay leaves.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to a simmer. Let simmer for about an hour (or longer if you want).
- Strain the stock. You can keep the veggies around to munch on if you want. You'll need 5 cups of this stock for the Avocado Soup. Store leftover stock in the fridge where it will keep for at least a few days, or in the freezer where it will keep for months.
- To make the Avocado Soup, start by cooking 1/2 onion, 1/4 jalapeno and 1 garlic clove in a dollop of oil over medium heat. When the onion is softened and just starting to brown (5-8 minutes), add the mixture to a blender or food processor along with 5 cups of stock, 15-20 sprigs of cilantro, the juice of 1 lime, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and some freshly cracked black pepper. Combine well.
- Add the flesh of 2 avocados and pulse blend (I usually leave the avocados chunky). Taste for seasoning. I added another 1/4 teaspoon salt (so that is 3/4 teaspoon total) and another squeeze of lime.
- This is typically served lukewarm or chilled. If you are using freshly made stock you can serve it right out of the blender, otherwise you can warm it up lightly in a saucepan over mediumish heat.
- Additional garnishes include Crema, black pepper, and definitely a final burst of acidity (lime juice or hot sauce).
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 281 kcal, ServingSize 1 serving
KETO CREAMY AVOCADO SOUP
This easy keto appetizer is not only rich and creamy, but also, packed with healthy fats that will keep you full although its low in carbs.
Provided by Rayane Chehab, MS, RDN
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Prepare all the ingredients before starting to cook. Chop the green onion and coriander finely. Mince the garlic clove. Peel and cut the avocados into small pieces.
- In a pan over medium heat, add the butter in. When butter is melted, add the onion and garlic and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Now add the avocado pieces in and give it a good stir. Add chicken stock, heavy cream and lime juice (or lemon juice). Add salt, pepper and spices.
- Remove from heat, let it cool down a little bit then blend the soup in a blender until you achieve a homogeneous creamy texture. Serve warm hot and add some coriander for decoration.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 228 kcal, Carbohydrate 11 g, Protein 4 g, Fat 21 g, SaturatedFat 6 g, Cholesterol 17 mg, Sodium 1479 mg, Fiber 7 g, Sugar 1 g, ServingSize 1 serving
CREAMY HOT AVOCADO SOUP - 4 INGREDIENTS
- Cut avocados in half, remove seed, and spoon into food processor.
- Mix with a couple spoonfulls of sour cream and process until smooth.
- Can also mix in a blender by blending avocado, some of the sour cream, and 1 cup of the chicken stock.
- Heat chicken stock in 2 quart saucepan until hot (before simmering).
- Whisk remaining sour cream into saucepan.
- Whisk avocado mixture into saucepan.
- Heat only until hot, DO NOT BOIL.
- Top with diced cilantro and pepper.
- Feel free to garnish with lime wedge, or a spoonful of salsa, or left over chicken, or -- the possibilities are endless.
SPICY LIME AVOCADO SOUP
My husband tried to tell me not to submit this recipe... he doesn't want the whole world to know about it, but I say share what you have! Serve with warm tortilla chips and a nice large mojito. Top with sour cream or creme fraiche if desired.
Provided by SerenaBloom
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil. Add chicken; boil until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center reads at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C), about 7 minutes. Drain.
- Run cool water over chicken to speed cooling process. Shred or finely slice chicken.
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add 1/2 onion, lime juice, 1/2 cup cilantro, jalapeno peppers, and garlic until onion is slightly greenish in color, about 5 minutes.
- Combine 4 cups water and bouillon powder in a small bowl. Pour into the pot. Let cook until just heated through, about 5 minutes. Stir chicken into the pot.
- Ladle soup into 4 bowls. Top with remaining 1/2 onion, 1/2 cup cilantro, avocado, and queso fresco.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 495.3 calories, Carbohydrate 29.1 g, Cholesterol 34.3 mg, Fat 37.4 g, Fiber 15.7 g, Protein 18.7 g, SaturatedFat 6.2 g, Sodium 538.9 mg, Sugar 4.8 g
CREAMY AVOCADO SOUP
Avocado soup is a delicious no-cook soup recipe that takes only minutes to make. Its fresh flavor and creamy texture make it both summery and cozy. Serve it chilled, straight from the blender, or warm it gently on a cool day.
Provided by Kristen Stevens
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Place the ingredients into your blender and blend on medium-high speed until smooth. Taste and add more salt, if wanted. If you'd like warm soup, pour it into a pot and heat it gently on medium heat. Do not let it boil.
- Serve on its own or with any of the optional toppings.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 ¼ cups, Calories 180 kcal, Sugar 3 g, Sodium 1530 mg, Fat 15 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, Carbohydrate 14 g, Fiber 7 g, Protein 2 g, UnsaturatedFat 12 g
- Place all the ingredients in your food processor, starting with 1/2 cup water. Process until very smooth, about 1 minute, stopping once to scrape the sides of the bowl with a spatula.
- Check the consistency and, if desired, add up to 1/4 cup more water and process to combine.
- Divide the soup among 4 individual bowls. Refrigerate, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Mix again, garnish with cilantro leaves and serve.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 0.25 recipe, Calories 129 kcal, Carbohydrate 7 g, Protein 6 g, Fat 9 g, SaturatedFat 3 g, Sodium 301 mg, Fiber 1 g
CREAMY AVOCADO SOUP
This is a very flavorful, easy to prepare soup. I found it in Southern Living Magazine in the August 2001 edition. **Cooking time is chilling time.
Provided by Bev I Am
Categories Low Protein
Yield 8 cups
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Process avocado in a blender or food processor until mixture is smooth, stopping to scrape down sides.
- Add chopped cilantro and next 9 ingredients, and process until mixture is smooth, stopping to scrape down sides.
- Pour into a large bowl; stir in chicken broth and sour cream.
- Cover and chill 3 hours.
- * 1 (16-ounce) container light sour cream may be substituted.
- Makes 8 cups.
More about "simple avocado soup food"
HOT AVOCADO SOUP | AVOCADOS FROM MEXICO
- Scoop out the avocado flesh and purée it using a potato masher (don’t worry about leaving small chunks in the purée as these will be blended in at the end of the process).
BACON AVOCADO SOUP RECIPE | EASY KETO RECIPES BY THAT'S ...
AVOCADO SOUP RECIPE | MYRECIPES
- Process avocado quarters in a blender or food processor until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides. Set aside.
- Process green onion and next 7 ingredients until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides. Pour into a large bowl; gradually whisk in avocado and yogurt. Cover and chill 1 hour. Garnish, if desired.
SPICY AVOCADO-CUCUMBER SOUP RECIPE - MARCIA KIESEL | FOOD ...
- In a food processor, puree the cucumbers until smooth. Add the avocados, curry paste, sugar, lime zest and chile. Process until blended. Add 3 1/2 cups of water, the coconut milk and lime juice and process until smooth. Transfer the soup to a large bowl and season with salt. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, toast the coconut over low heat, stirring a few times, until lightly browned and crisp, 3 minutes. Let cool.
- Ladle the soup into small bowls or cups, garnish with the toasted coconut flakes and cilantro sprigs and serve.
7 AMAZING SOUPS FOR AVOCADO ADDICTS | FOOD & WINE
- Chicken-and-Avocado Soup with Fried Tortillas. Here’s a silky soup that doesn’t rely on cream for its creamy texture; pureed avocados do the job nicely.
- Chilled Cucumber-Avocado Soup with Spicy Glazed Shrimp. The combination of cucumber and red wine vinegar in this recipe is reminiscent of Greek salads.
- Spicy Avocado-Cucumber Soup. This tangy, luscious soup is an excellent make-ahead dish. Simply puree everything except the garnish, then chill.
AVOCADO SOUP RECIPE | EATINGWELL
- In a blender or food processor, combine avocados, cucumber, onion, carrot, garlic, and 1 1/2 cups of the broth. Cover; process until almost smooth.
- Add remaining broth, water, and hot pepper sauce. Cover; process until smooth. Pour into a bowl. Cover surface with plastic wrap; chill for 1 to 24 hours. To serve, ladle soup into chilled bowls or cups. Sprinkle with paprika. If desired, top with salsa.
AVOCADO SOUP WITH SHRIMP | CANADIAN LIVING
HOW TO ADD AVOCADO TO SOUP - AVOCADO SOUP RECIPES - LOVE ...
AVOCADO SOUP RECIPE (HOT AND CREAMY) - HEALING TOMATO RECIPES
APPLE AVOCADO SOUP RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
10 BEST HOT AVOCADO SOUP RECIPES | YUMMLY
CHILLED CUCUMBER AND AVOCADO SOUP WITH ROASTED SHRIMP
SURPRISING, UNCONVENTIONAL, AND MOSTLY DELICIOUS: A RECIPE ...
CHILLED AVOCADO SOUP RECIPE | MYRECIPES
POTATO SOUP WITH AVOCADO RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
AVOCADO SOUP - SIMPLE & HEALTHY • THE WICKED NOODLE
15 EASY AVOCADO RECIPES THAT ARE DELICIOUSLY HEALTHY
15 EASY AND CREATIVE AVOCADO RECIPES FOR YOUR NEXT MEAL OR ...
RECIPE: AVOCADO SOUP - STYLE AT HOME
AVOCADO SOUP RECIPES | AVOCADOS FROM MEXICO
AVOCADO SMOOTHIE RECIPE - SIMPLE CHINESE FOOD
FLAVORED AVOCADO RECIPE - SIMPLE CHINESE FOOD
AVOCADO SOUP [VEGAN] - ONE GREEN PLANET
AVOCADO SOUP: NO-COOK RECIPE OF ENDLESS MEAL FOOD BLOG
AVOCADO FOR KIDS: HEALTH BENEFITS AND 15 EASY RECIPES
10 BEST VEGAN AVOCADO SOUP RECIPES | YUMMLY
CREAMY AVOCADO TOMATO SOUP | AMERICAN HEART ... - RECIPES
12 QUICK & EASY AVOCADO SOUP RECIPES | CALIFORNIA …
You'll also love