SHRIMP AND MIRLITON CASSEROLE
Number Of Ingredients 17
- 5 pounds (about 8) medium mirlitons (chayotes) 2 pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined 4 tablespoons olive oil 1 1/2 tablespoons Emeril's Bayou Blast Essence 2 cups chopped yellow onions 1/2 cup chopped green bell peppers 1 large jalapeno, seeded and minced (about 1/4 cup) 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme 1/4 cup minced garlic 1 1/2 teaspoons salt 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper 1/2 cup finely chopped green onions 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley 3 large eggs, lightly beaten 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon dried fine bread crumbs 1 teaspoon Emeril's Kick It Up! Red Pepper Sauce, or other hot sauce 3/4 pound freshly grated American cheese
CAJUN SHRIMP MIRLITON CASSEROLE
- Simmer mirlitons in water to cover by 2 inches in an 8-quart pot, partially covered, until very tender, about 1 hour. Drain mirlitons, then halve and peel, discarding pits. Coarsely chop in a food processor.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cook onions and bell peppers in 6 tablespoons butter in a 6- to 7-quart wide heavy pot over moderately low heat, stirring occasionally, until softened. Add garlic and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Add mirlitons and cook, stirring occasionally, until most of liquid is evaporated, about 5 minutes. (Do not let vegetables brown.) Stir in cracker crumbs, shrimp, cayenne, and salt and pepper to taste and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Spoon into a shallow 3-quart baking dish and sprinkle with bread crumbs. Dot with remaining 2 tablespoons butter and bake in upper third of oven until crumbs are just golden, 12 to 15 minutes.
MIRLITON, ANDOUILLE AND SHRIMP DRESSING
- Bring about a gallon of water, with 3 tablespoons of salt, to boil in a large pot. Add mirlitons and cook covered for 30 minutes. When tender, remove to a bowl of ice water. Once cooled, peel, then cut each in half and remove seed. Cut into medium dice and reserve.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Melt butter over medium heat in a large Dutch oven. Add onions, peppers, celery, bay leaves, salt, pepper, and Creole seasoning. Cook for 25 minutes, until vegetables are soft, and butter browns slightly.
- Meanwhile, tear up baguette and grind in food processor with metal blade attachment.
- Add shrimp to vegetables. When shrimp begin to take on color, add ground bread. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly, to fully incorporate bread and let it absorb liquid. Remove from heat and add mirlitons, sausage, stock, green onions, and cheese. Stir well and adjust seasoning. Transfer to 9-inch-by-12-inch casserole and top with panko. Bake until warm and crusty, about 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 976, UnsaturatedFat 24 grams, Carbohydrate 46 grams, Fat 78 grams, Fiber 6 grams, Protein 27 grams, SaturatedFat 47 grams, Sodium 1110 milligrams, Sugar 7 grams, TransFat 3 grams
SHRIMP AND MIRLITON DRESSING
Shrimp and Mirliton Dressing is a Thanksgiving and Christmas tradition in New Orleans. Fresh Gulf Shrimp and sweet mirliton are a great combination. They make a great dish for your holiday feast.
Provided by Meatwad
Yield 1 casserole, 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Chop onions, celery, and garlic fine. A food processor can be used.
- Melt butter in a large saute pan until it stops foaming.
- Add the vegetables and saute until softened (5-8 minutes).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 61.9, Fat 5.8, SaturatedFat 3.7, Cholesterol 15.3, Sodium 59.6, Carbohydrate 2.5, Fiber 0.5, Sugar 1, Protein 0.4
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add mirliton, and boil until tender, about 45 minutes. Drain, cool, and peel. Cut in half, remove seeds, and cut into cubes.
- When the mirliton are almost done, bring another pot of water to a boil. Add shrimp, and cook for about 5 minutes, until pink. Drain shrimp, reserving the water for later. Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C).
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Fry onion and garlic in the oil until soft. Transfer to a 9x13 inch baking dish. Add the shrimp, ham, and cubed mirliton. Beat the egg in a small dish with a tablespoon of the water from the shrimp; pour into the baking dish. Mix in the bread crumbs, parsley, thyme, salt and pepper until evenly blended. If it seems a little dry, add a little more water from the shrimp. You have the choice to freeze, refrigerate, or bake at this point. Sprinkle some more breadcrumbs on top if desired.
- Bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown on top.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 318.7 calories, Carbohydrate 23.1 g, Cholesterol 141.3 mg, Fat 14.1 g, Fiber 3.8 g, Protein 24.7 g, SaturatedFat 4.5 g, Sodium 1061.7 mg, Sugar 4.4 g
SHRIMP STUFFED MIRLITONS (NOLA CUISINE)
I LOVE CHAYOTES!!! So finding this creole recipe using chayotes was a welcome surprise. Mirlitons (chayotes) grow in abundance in southern Louisiana. This version is stuffed with shrimp and sounds absolutely delicious - can't wait to try them!
Provided by Jostlori
Yield 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Cut the Mirlitons in half lengthwise, remove the seeds.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, season with salt as you would pasta water. Add a few Bay leaves and a bundle of fresh Thyme. When the water comes to a boil add the mirliton halves, and simmer for 45 minutes, or until tender. Cool.
- When the mirlitons are cool scoop out most of the pulp, leaving a shell about 1/2 inch thick. Dry the shells by patting with a paper towel. Reserve 1/2 of the the pulp and drain on paper towels, as they hold a lot of water. When dry, chop.
- In a large cast iron skillet melt the unsalted butter over medium heat, when hot add the andouille. Cook stirring often until slightly browned.
- Add the onion, celery and bell pepper and the creole seasoning, cook for 8- 10 minutes stirring often until the onions start to carmelize and the vegetables are soft.
- Add the garlic, Mirliton flesh and Thyme, cook for 2 minutes more.
- Add the shrimp and green onions and cook until the shrimp turn pink.
- Add 1/2 Cup water (or Shrimp Stock if you have any on hand) and 1 Cup of the bread crumbs. Stir until the mixture comes together. More bread crumbs or water may be needed. The mixture should be thick, yet moist, and it should hold together. Season to taste with salt, pepper and cayenne.
- In a small bowl, combine the ingredients for the topping.
- Divide the stuffing amongst the 4 mirliton shells and cover with the topping. Place into a 350 degrees oven until hot and the topping is golden brown. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1419.7, Fat 49.8, SaturatedFat 26.8, Cholesterol 252.2, Sodium 4277.7, Carbohydrate 186.2, Fiber 13.4, Sugar 16, Protein 59.5
More about "shrimp and mirliton casserole food"
MIRLITON CASSEROLE WITH SHRIMP | FIRST...YOU HAVE A BEER
4.5/5 (2)Total Time 3 hrs 15 minsCategory Side DishCalories 122 per serving
- Peel, devein and rinse the shrimp. Pat dry with a towel, place them in a bowl and sprinkle with Seafood Magic or your favorite Creole or Cajun seasoning. Mix to combine.
MIRLITON AND SHRIMP DRESSING RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK
Reviews 3Difficulty Serves 10Author John Besh
MIRLITON AND GULF SHRIMP CASSEROLE RECIPE | FOOD & WINE
Category CasserolesTotal Time 1 hr 50 mins
DEEP SOUTH DISH: MIRLITON (CHAYOTE SQUASH) SEAFOOD CASSEROLE
SHRIMP AND MIRLITON CASSEROLE | RECIPE | RECIPES, MIRLITON ...
SHRIMP MIRLITON CASSEROLE | RECIPE | MIRLITON RECIPE ...
SHRIMP STUFFED MIRLITON | PAULA DEEN - SOUTHERN FOOD
THANKSGIVING MIRLITON SHRIMP CASSEROLE - GRIS GRIS ISLAND
LOUISIANA CREOLE CUISINE - WIKIPEDIA
MIRLITON, SHRIMP AND TASSO CASSEROLE ...
MIRLITON CASSEROLE WITH CRABMEAT, CRAWFISH AND SHRIMP ...
WHAT IS MIRLITON CASSEROLE? UNDERSTAND THE POPULAR ...
SHRIMP AND MIRLITON CASSEROLE | RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK ...
MIRLITON CASSEROLE WITH SHRIMP RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
SHRIMP AND MIRLITON CASSEROLE. - NEWEST RECIPES
SEAFOOD AND CORN CASSEROLE - THERESCIPES.INFO
SHRIMP MIRLITON CASSEROLE : EASY HEALTHY CASSEROLE RECIPES ...
MA MA'S MIRLITON, SHRIMP AND CRABMEAT CASSEROLE | EMERILS.COM
SHRIMP & MIRLITON DRESSING RECIPE • ROUSES SUPERMARKETS
SHRIMP AND MIRLITON CASSEROLE – RECIPES NETWORK
EMERIL'S SHRIMP AND MIRLITON CASSEROLE - ALL INFORMATION ...
INTERNATIONAL MIRLITON/CHAYOTE RECIPES - MIRLITON
MIRLITON AND SHRIMP DRESSING | FIRST...YOU HAVE A BEER
SHRIMP, TASSO, AND MIRLITON CASSEROLE - LOUISIANA COOKIN
SHRIMP AND MIRLITON CASSEROLE RECIPE
MIRLITON AND SHRIMP SOUP RECIPES - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING ...
SHRIMP MIRLITON CASSEROLE | HAYNES | COPY ME THAT
MIRLITON CASSEROLE RECIPE - SHRIMP AND MIRLITON CASSEROLE ...
MIRLITON & SHRIMP CASSEROLE | SHRIMP CASSEROLE, LOUISIANA ...
CAJUN SHRIMP MIRLITON CASSEROLE - SALTWATER GROVE SEAFOOD
SHRIMP MIRLITON CASSEROLE WITH DRESSING : OPTIMAL ...
MIRLITON & SHRIMP CASSEROLE
SHRIMP AND MIRLITON CASSEROLE | RECIPE | MIRLITON RECIPE ...
SHRIMP AND MIRLITON CASSEROLE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
SHRIMP AND MIRLITON - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
MIRLITON CASSEROLE | COMMANDERS PALACE
MIRLITON CASSEROLE RECIPES NEW ORLEANS BEST RECIPES
You'll also love