SIMPLE PEACH PIE
This recipe is from C.A. Lynd of lyndsgourmet.com. Every year we anxiously wait for Lynd's farm to put out their peaches. They gave us this recipe with the peaches I just bought and it is simple and wonderful.
Provided by MSZANZ
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Stir together flour, 1 cup sugar, and cinnamon and set aside.
- Wash, peel, and slice fresh peaches.
- Mix together peaches with the combined dry ingredients.
- Turn into pastry-lined pie pan and dot with butter.
- Cover with top crust, cut slits in it, seal the edges.
- Sprinkle top with 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- Cover the edges with foil to prevent over browning; remove foil for the last 15 minutes of baking.
- Bake 35 to 45 minutes or until crust is brown and juice begins to bubble through the slits in the crust.
- Pie may be frozen for future use.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 191.1, Fat 3.2, SaturatedFat 1.9, Cholesterol 7.6, Sodium 25.7, Carbohydrate 41.4, Fiber 1.6, Sugar 36.2, Protein 1.4
- Mix flour, sugar and butter into crumb stage.
- Place one crust in the bottom of a 9 inch pie plate. Line the shell with some sliced peaches. Sprinkle some of the butter mixture on top of the peaches, then put more peaches on top of the the crumb mixture. Continue layering until both the peaches and crumbs are gone.
- Top with lattice strips of pie crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 minutes, or until crust is golden. Allow pie to cool before slicing. Best when eaten fresh.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 424.9 calories, Carbohydrate 57 g, Cholesterol 15.3 mg, Fat 20.7 g, Fiber 1.8 g, Protein 3.4 g, SaturatedFat 7.4 g, Sodium 279.6 mg, Sugar 32.5 g
- Combine 2 1/2 pounds peach wedges with 3/4 cup light brown sugar, the juice of 1 lemon, 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Pour into pie shell; dot with 4 tablespoons butter.
- Perfect All-Butter Piecrust
- Pulse 3 1/2 cups flour, 1/4 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon salt in a food processor. Add 1 diced stick cold butter; process until combined. Add 2 more diced sticks cold butter; pulse three times, or until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Add 1 tablespoon white or cider vinegar. Gradually pour in 1/3 cup ice water, pulsing about four times until combined. Turn out onto a clean surface and press into a cohesive dough without overworking (you should see bits of butter). Wrap in plastic wrap and press into a 1-inch-thick disk; refrigerate at least 1 hour before rolling out.
- How to Make a Pie
- Divide the chilled dough in half; roll 1 piece into a 12-inch, 1/8-inch-thick circle on a lightly floured surface (refrigerate the other piece).
- Roll the dough onto a rolling pin, then unroll it into a 9-inch glass pie plate, letting it hang over the edge; add filling (see options above).
- Roll out the other piece of dough and place over the filling; press the crust edges together and trim, leaving a 1-inch overhang. Roll up or pinch the overhang to seal.
- Place a foil-lined baking sheet on a rack in the lower third of the oven; preheat to 450 degrees. Wrap an oiled, wide band of foil around the pie edge to protect the crust. Make slashes in the top of the crust; chill for 30 minutes.
- Reduce the oven to 400 degrees. Bake the pie for 30 minutes. Remove the foil band, brush the crust with heavy cream and sprinkle with sugar. Bake until golden brown, about 30 minutes; cool before slicing.
I acquired this delicious peach pie filling recipe some 40 years ago, when my husband and I first moved to southern Iowa and had peach trees growing in our backyard. It's been a family favorite since then and always brings back memories of both summer and those happy early years. - June Mueller, Sioux City, Iowa
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a large bowl, combine sugars; add peaches and toss gently. Cover and let stand for 1 hour. On a lightly floured surface, roll one half of dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. pie plate or iron skillet.Trim even with rim. Refrigerate while preparing filling. , Preheat oven to 400°. Drain peaches, reserving juice. In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt; gradually stir in reserved juice. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in lemon juice and butter. Gently fold in peaches. Pour into crust. , Roll remaining dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; cut into 1-1/2-in.-wide strips. Arrange over filling in a lattice pattern. Trim and seal strips to edge of bottom crust; flute edge. Cover edge loosely with foil. Bake 40 minutes; remove foil. Bake until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly, 10-20 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack. If desired, serve with vanilla ice cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 380 calories, Fat 16g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 14mg cholesterol, Sodium 254mg sodium, Carbohydrate 59g carbohydrate (29g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
Provided by Food Network
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a small bowl combine the sliced peaches with sugars, cinnamon, nutmeg and flour. Toss peaches making certain to thoroughly coat the peaches. Set pie filling aside.
- For the Pie Crust: In a bowl, mix together flour, salt and sugar. Add in shortening using a pastry blender or a fork until flour forms small chunks. Sprinkle cold water into the mixture 1 tablespoon at a time. Toss mixture lightly with a fork until dough forms a ball. Divide dough into 2 equal parts and form a ball. Wrap each dough ball in clear cellophane wrap. Allow dough to rest in refrigerator about 20 minutes. Lightly flour rolling surface and rolling pin. Take 1 dough ball and roll crust into a circle. Trim 1-inch larger than upside-down pie plate. Loosen dough carefully. Fold dough into quarters. Place folded dough into center of pie pan. Unfold each quarter and press into pie pan. Trim edge even with pie pan. Crust is now ready for pie filling. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Roll out the second dough ball into a circle. This dough is the top crust. Using another pie plate as a guide, cut the dough as a disk. The disk should extend slightly beyond the diameter of the rim of the pie pan. Moisten the edges of the pie shell that contains the peach filling with the beaten egg wash. Cut the top crust into wedges. Position the wedges slightly overlapping the top and bottom crust together. Cut off any excess dough. Brush the pastry with the egg wash. Sprinkle with sugar. Bake for approximately 40 to 50 minutes.
EASY PEACH PIE
My family loves this dessert and asks for it often. It's a breeze to make and is delicious served warm or cold.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6-8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Arrange peaches in the pastry shell. In a small bowl, combine sugar, flour and salt; stir in cream until smooth. Pour over peaches. , Bake at 400° for 40-45 minutes or until filling is almost set. Serve warm or cold. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 258 calories, Fat 13g fat (6g saturated fat), Cholesterol 31mg cholesterol, Sodium 162mg sodium, Carbohydrate 35g carbohydrate (19g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 2g protein.
PERFECT PEACH PIE
Eat a perfect peach under the summer sun and you'll experience the fruit at its messy, dripping, sugar-bright best. Rinse your chin and understand that no melon, apricot or blackberry can compete. But how often does this happen? For most of us, a great and truly perfect peach is a rare event. We can expect but one or two a season, for all our trying. Enter the pie. A peach pie can elevate good peaches to excellence and great ones to the sublime. Even a peach pie made with frozen fruit is a terrific thing. The addition of sugar helps; so, too, do a dash of lemon juice and a light sprinkle of nutmeg, which offers a slight bitterness to offset the sweet. Add a crown of vanilla ice cream for a perfect diner-style à la mode effect.
Provided by Sam Sifton
Categories pies and tarts, dessert
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Make the pie dough. Using your fingertips or the pulse function of a food processor, blend together the flour, butter and salt until the mixture resembles a coarse meal. There should be pebbles of butter throughout the mixture.
- Add egg yolk and vinegar to 1/4 cup ice water, and stir to combine. Drizzle 4 tablespoons of this mixture over the dough, and gently stir or pulse to combine. Gather a golf-ball-size bit of dough, and squeeze to combine. If it does not hold together, add a little more of the liquid, and stir or pulse, then check again. Repeat as necessary.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and gather together into a rough ball. Divide the ball in half with a knife or a pastry scraper, then divide each portion in half again, and again, to create 8 portions. Using the heel of your hand, flatten each portion of dough once or twice to expand the pebbles of butter, then gather the dough together again in one ball. Divide this ball in half.
- Flatten each ball into a 5- or 6-inch disc, one slightly larger than the other. Wrap the discs in plastic wrap, and place in the refrigerator for at least 60 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425. Make the pie filling: Combine sliced peaches, lemon juice, sugar and flour in a large bowl, and gently mix to combine. Set aside.
- Take the larger of the pastry discs out of the refrigerator, roll it out on a lightly floured surface and place in a 9-inch pie plate. Add the peaches. Sprinkle them with the ground nutmeg.
- Roll out second disc of pastry. Place on top of filling. Wet edges of the bottom pastry disc with some cold water. Trim pastry, pinch bottom and top edges together and cut a few slits to allow steam to escape from the pie. Brush the egg white on the top, particularly around the edges, and sprinkle with a pinch of granulated sugar.
- Bake the pie for 15 minutes, then reduce heat to 375. Cook until peaches bubble and pastry is golden, approximately 45 minutes to an hour.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 316, UnsaturatedFat 6 grams, Carbohydrate 38 grams, Fat 19 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 3 grams, SaturatedFat 11 grams, Sodium 253 milligrams, Sugar 36 grams, TransFat 1 gram
PEACH PIE WITH CANNED PEACHES
- Put 1/2 cup sugar and 1 Tbsp. flour in bottom crust. Place peaches on top. Sprinkle on remaining flour and sugar.
- Put on second crust and seal. Cut slits in top.
- Bake at 425°F for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°F for 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 0 g, Fat 0 g, SaturatedFat 0 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 g, Sodium 0 g, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 0 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 0 g
FRESH PEACH PIE
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a 9-inch pie pan with pastry.
- Combine the 1 cup of sugar, flour and cinnamon, mixing well.
- Lightly mix in the fresh peaches and pour into the pie shell.
- Dot with butter and cover with a top crust.
- Prick the top crust and sprinkle with sugar.
- Put the pie into a 400 degree oven and bake for 40 to 50 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 281.5, Fat 9.9, SaturatedFat 3.2, Cholesterol 5.7, Sodium 136.3, Carbohydrate 47.4, Fiber 2.3, Sugar 32.3, Protein 2.7
- 1 Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- 2 Roll out the pie dough and place the bottom crust in the pie pan. In a large bowl, toss the peaches with the lemon juice and sugars. Add the spices and vanilla, as desired. Add the thickener of your choice and stir to coat the peaches. Pour the peaches into the piecrust. Dot with butter.
- Add the top crust and make slits for the steam to escape.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbling.
- You can peel the peaches as they are, or blanch them in hot water for 30 to 40 seconds, then put them in a bowl of cold water to cool before peeling.
Treat them to Southern hospitality no matter where you live with some Peach Pie! This luscious Peach Pie is a shoe-in to be belle of the dessert buffet.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield Makes 10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Mix peaches, sugar, tapioca and lemon juice. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Place 1 of the pie crusts in 9-inch pie plate. Fill with fruit mixture; dot with butter. Cover with remaining pie crust; seal and flute edge. Cut several slits in top crust to allow steam to escape.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until juices form bubbles that burst slowly. Cool.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 310, Fat 15 g, SaturatedFat 4 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 5 mg, Sodium 250 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 3 g
PEACH MELBA PIE
Have some raspberries that are a little past their best? Use them to make this fabulous Peach Melba pie - a wonderful combination of raspberries and peaches
Provided by Rosie Birkett
Categories Dessert, Treat
Yield Serves 6-8
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Combine both flours, the butter and a pinch of salt in the bowl of a food processor and blitz to a fine crumb. Add cold water 1 tbsp at a time (4-5 tbsp), pulsing until the mix starts to cling together. Tip out and knead with your hands (add more water if required) to make a pliable pastry dough. Split in half and flatten each portion. Wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hr.
- Remove a disc of pastry from the fridge, unwrap and, on a generously floured surface, roll it out to a large, circle, wider than the pie dish. Transfer to a floured baking sheet and chill for about 10 mins. Repeat with the remaining disc.
- Heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Stone and quarter the peaches. Cut each in two, and toss in a bowl with the lemon juice, cornflour, vanilla extract, sugar, honey and raspberries. Add the butter in small pieces.
- Using a floured rolling pin, drape one of the pastry sheets across a 24cm pie dish. Let it sink in and, holding the edges, lift and tuck into the corners. Prick the pastry all over and fill with the peach mixture.
- Drape the second pastry sheet over the filling. Press together the top and bottom crusts, crimping with your fingers to seal, and trim off any excess. Cut three 8cm slits across the top crust, brush with the beaten egg and sprinkle over the demerara sugar. Bake for 55 mins to 1 hr until the crust is deeply golden and the filling is bubbling out. Cool for about 10 mins before serving with cream or vanilla ice cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 413 calories, Fat 19 grams fat, SaturatedFat 11 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 52 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 20 grams sugar, Fiber 4 grams fiber, Protein 7 grams protein, Sodium 0.4 milligram of sodium
Pies are among America's favorite desserts. With a little practice, you can learn to adapt this basic formula depending on what fruit is in season, and to adjust the amount of sugar and thickeners based on the juiciness of the fruit. Soon, you can say "easy as pie" -- and really mean it!
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Makes one 9-inch pie
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Stir together peaches, granulated sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice, and salt in a large bowl to combine.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out one disk of pate brisee to 1/8-inch thickness and at least 13 inches in diameter. Roll dough around rolling pin and unroll it over a 9-inch glass pie plate, pressing gently to fit into plate. Fill with peach mixture. Dot with butter. Roll out remaining disk of dough in the same manner. Drape over filling. Use kitchen shears to trim overhang under, and crimp edges. With thumb and index finger of one hand, gently press dough against index finger of other hand. Continue around pie. Use a paring knife to make several vents in the top crust. Refrigerate pie 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees with the rack in the lower third. Place chilled pie on a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Whisk egg yolk and cream in a small bowl; brush over top crust. Sprinkle with sanding sugar. Place in oven and bake 10 minutes; reduce heat to 375 degrees. Continue baking until bottom and top crusts are golden and juices are bubbling in center, 50 to 80 minutes. Tent pie with foil if browning too quickly.
- Transfer pie to a wire rack; let cool completely, at least 4 hours, or up to overnight. If keeping pie overnight, tent loosely with foil and store at room temperature; do not refrigerate, which makes crust soggy.
A homemade Peach Pie is one of the summer's sweetest traditions. When peaches are in season, you likely have a whole bushel ready to be sliced for a juicy snack, added to yogurts and parfaits or included in a bowl of other fresh fruit. There are so many wonderful ways to enjoy peaches, but we think this easy Peach Pie recipe is one of the best. You need just 6 ingredients, 25 minutes of prep time and frozen Pillsbury™ Deep Dish Pie Crusts to make this recipe for Peach Pie. Soon you'll be serving up golden slices of Peach Pie with a scoop of ice cream on top.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Place cookie sheet on oven rack. Heat oven to 400°F.
- In large bowl, mix sugar, flour and cinnamon. Stir in peaches and lemon juice. Spoon into frozen crust. While second crust is still in pan and frozen, remove crimp with sharp knife. Remove crust from pan and center frozen crust upside down on top of filled pie. Let thaw 10 minutes; crimp edges together. Cut 2 or 3 slits in top crust. Cover edge of crust with pie shield or foil strips.
- Bake on cookie sheet about 45 minutes or until crust is golden brown and juice is thick and bubbly. Cover entire top of pie loosely with foil if crust is getting too brown. Cool on cooling rack at least 2 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 310, Carbohydrate 52 g, Cholesterol 5 mg, Fat 2, Fiber 1 g, Protein 3 g, SaturatedFat 4 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 170 mg, Sugar 25 g, TransFat 0 g
More about "peach pie food"
EASY PEACH PIE WITH CANNED PEACHES - SPOONFUL OF KINDNESS
PEACH PIE NO TOP CRUST RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
PEACH PIE | DESSERT RECIPES | GOODTOKNOW
PEACH PIE | FOOD BASICS
THE ULTIMATE PEACH PIE | CANADIAN LIVING
PEACH PIE FILLING - SIMPLY HOME COOKED
PEACH PIE RECIPE - GOOD FOOD
THE BEST PEACH PIE RECIPES | FOOD & WINE
CLASSIC PEACH PIE RECIPE - LAND O'LAKES
BAREFOOT CONTESSA | PERFECT PEACH PIE | RECIPES
BEST PEACH PIE - CANADIAN LIVING
EASY CLASSIC PEACH PIE - THE BUSY BAKER
BEST GEORGIA PEACH PIE RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
VERONICA’S SIMPLE APPLE-PEACH PIE - RACHAEL RAY SHOW
PEACH PIE CRUMBLE (THE BEST PEACH PIE WITH ICED CREAM ...
DUNCAN HINES PEACH PIE RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
APPLE PEACH PIE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
ULTIMATE SOUTHERN PEACH PIE (W/BROWN SUGAR!) - DINNER ...
PEACH PIE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
PEACH PIE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
19 PEACH PIE RECIPES - HOME STRATOSPHERE
GRANDMA'S PEACH PIE RECIPE | I HEART RECIPES
PEACH PIE - FOOD FROM PORTUGAL
PEACH PIE - RICARDO CUISINE
PEACHES | FOODLAND ONTARIO
PEACH PIE RECIPE | EATINGWELL
PEACH PIE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
PEACH RECIPES - BBC GOOD FOOD
PEACH PIE RECIPE - LOSTMEALS.ORG
PEACH PIE RECIPES EASY RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
10 BEST PEACH PIE WITH GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST RECIPES - YUMMLY
OLD-FASHIONED PEACH PIE RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
PEACH PIE RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
PERFECT PEACH PIE - JO COOKS
23 BEST PEACH PIE RECIPES – FRESH AND CANNED IDEAS FOR ...
You'll also love