PASTA E CECI
Bursting with juicy tomatoes, hearty chickpeas and tender pasta in a light broth, this easy pasta e ceci is the the cozy weeknight meal you've been looking for. The best part: it all cooks up in one pot in about 45 minutes!
Provided by Alissa Saenz
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Coat the bottom of a large pot with olive oil and place it over medium heat.
- Give the oil a minute to heat up, and then add the onion, carrot, and celery. Sweat the veggies for about 10 minutes, until they begin to soften up.
- Add the garlic and cook for about 1 minute more, until very fragrant.
- Stir in the broth, tomatoes, chickpeas, and rosemary.
- Bring the liquid to a boil, reduce the heat, and allow it to simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the pasta and bring the liquid back up to a boil.
- Allow the pasta to cook in the soup at a low boil until al dente - this may take a minute or two longer than the time indicated on the pasta's package directions. Stir the pot occasionally while it simmers.
- Remove the pot from the heat and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Ladle into bowls and serve.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1.5 cups, Calories 339 kcal, Fat 6.9 g, SaturatedFat 1.2 g, Sodium 1103 mg, Carbohydrate 54.8 g, Fiber 8 g, Sugar 5.6 g, Protein 15.2 g
PASTA E CECI (ITALIAN PASTA AND CHICKPEA STEW)
There is an incredible number of recipes for this classic Roman dish, and everyone has an opinion on how it should be prepared. This version is more stew than soup, but it can be loosened up with a bit more water if you prefer. It begins with sautéing onion, tomatoes, garlic and rosemary in olive oil, then tossing in the chickpeas, and smashing a few to give the stew a creamy texture. Water is added, then uncooked pasta, which cooks as the stew simmers (and results in one less dish for you wash). Escarole is folded in right before serving. This flexible stew can go in a number of directions, so tweak it as you see fit, but don't forget to finish each bowl with grated pecorino and a drizzle of olive oil. Ciao.
Provided by Colu Henry
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat the oil in a large stock pot or Dutch oven over medium. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened but not taking on any color, 4 to 5 minutes. Add the garlic, rosemary and red-pepper flakes, and cook 1 minute more. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the tomatoes and the chickpeas, breaking up the tomatoes with the back of a spoon or spatula and smashing about 1/2 cup of the beans.
- Add 3 cups water and bring to a boil over high. Add the pasta and simmer, stirring often to make sure nothing sticks to the bottom of the pan, until the pasta is al dente, about 10 minutes. The water will mostly be absorbed by the pasta, but if you prefer it brothier, you can add 1/2 to 1 cup water and simmer until warmed through, 1 minute more. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add the escarole and stir until wilted. Taste and adjust seasonings accordingly. Ladle into bowls and top with grated cheese and a drizzle of olive oil.
PASTA AND CHICKPEAS - PASTA E CECI
Pasta and chickpeas... one of the ultimate comfort foods!
Provided by cooking with nonna
Yield 4 Person(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- The evening before, wash the chickpeas and put them in a pot with water, 4 bay leaves and 1/2 tablespoon of salt. The water should be 2 inches above the chickpeas. The next day, leave the chickpeas in the same water. You may have to add a little more water to keep it 1 inch above the chickpeas. Cover the pot and cook at low flame for about 3 hours. Separately prepare an onion based tomato sauce and once the chickpeas are cooked, mix together. Boil the Ditalini pasta in salted water. Pour the chickpeas and broth over the pasta. Add a dash of EV olive oil and pepper as desired.
PASTA E CECI - PASTA WITH CHICKPEAS
What makes good food? Peasant food. Food that's hearty, stick to your ribs, simple, and filling. This dish fits the bill to a "T" and will even feed the pickiest eaters I know (and trust me, I know some picky ones). It's a nice change from 'everything's tomatoes and black olives and pork' rut of the usual 'Italian' fare. (NB: You can actually use any small or broken up pasta...or substitute orzo, alphabet pasta, stars, whatever you have in your pantry. I don't think broken up 'long' pasta works very well though).
Provided by ThatCaptJim
Yield 8 cups, 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Add onion, celery, garlic, and rosemary in pan with olive oil and cook over gentle heat for 15-20 minutes, until the vegetables are very soft. Be careful not to caramelize them!
- Drain chickpeas in cold water and add them to pan, then cover with chicken stock. Cook over gentle heat for 30 minutes.
- Remove half the chickpeas and reserve in a bowl.
- Use an immersion blender to puree the remaining soup (or jush mash the chick peas up really well with a potato masher for a more rustic presentation).
- Return reserved chickpeas to pan, and add pasta. Cook gently until the chickpeas are tender and the pasta is cooked.
- If the soup is a little too thick, add small amounts of hot water until it's the consistency you like.
- Season with salt, pepper, vinegar, and fresh herbs. Serve with a good loaf of bread!
- Feel free to exchange the type of stock - this is equally good with beef or chicken instead of vegetable!
PASTA E CECI (JAMIE OLIVER)
- Heat a large skillet or soup pot over medium-low heat, and add 2 tbsp olive oil. Saute the onion, celery, celery leaves, and garlic, covered, until soft and translucent, about 15 minutes.
- Add the rosemary, chickpeas and stock and bring to a gentle boil. Simmer for 20 minutes until the chickpeas are soft. Remove half the chickpeas with a slotted spoon, and purée the remaining soup in a blender, through a food mill, or with an immersion blender. Return the purée and reserved chickpeas to the pot, and add the pasta.
- Cook until the pasta is tender, adding boiling water if necessary to loosen. Season to taste with salt and pepper and the lemon juice. Serve with parsley or basil leaves and a drizzle of olive oil.
PASTA E CECI (PASTA AND CHICKPEA STEW)
This classic Roman recipe falls somewhere in between a stew and a saucy tomato pasta, with a thick, saucy broth and satisfying bites of ditalini pasta and protein-rich chickpeas.
Provided by Love and Olive Oil
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Drain chickpeas, reserving liquid, and blend liquid and about 1/4 cup of chickpeas on low speed until smooth (don't puree it too much or it'll be too frothy).Heat olive oil in a medium heavyweight saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté until softened and transluscent, about 5 minutes. Add garlic, Italian herbs and red pepper flakes and stir until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes.Add crushed tomatoes and stir until starting to bubble, about 2 minutes, then add blended chickpea liquid, remaining chickpeas, and vegetable broth and bring to a simmer for 10 minutes to allow the flavors to develop and the broth to thicken slightly.Add ditalini pasta and simmer for about 8 minutes or until almost al-dente (double check package instructions if using a different kind of pasta - it'll likely take a minute or two longer than the package says in this case). About 2 minutes before the pasta is done, add escarole and stir into hot liquid until wilted.Spoon into serving bowls. Top generously with pecorino cheese and serve hot.
PASTA E CECI (PASTA WITH CHICKPEAS) RECIPE
- In a large Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat until shimmering. Add garlic and rosemary, season lightly with salt, and cook, stirring frequently, until garlic softens and turns golden, about 5 minutes. Add pepper flakes and continue to cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add tomato paste and cook until tomato paste is fragrant and turns dark brick red, about 1 minute.
- Stir in wine, scraping up any browned bits with a wooden spoon. Bring to a simmer, and cook until wine has emulsified with olive oil and mixture is slightly reduced, about 2 minutes.
- If using cooked dry chickpeas: Stir in 1 cup (170g) chickpeas and 1 cup (240ml) chickpea cooking liquid. Using a potato masher or wooden spoon, mash chickpeas against the sides and bottom of the pot until completely broken down. Stir in the rest of the chickpeas and remaining 3 cups (710ml) cooking liquid (supplementing with stock or water as needed to reach 3 cups), and black pepper. Season with salt to taste. Proceed to Step 4. If using canned chickpeas: Remove Dutch oven from heat; remove and discard rosemary sprig. Add 1 cup (170g) chickpeas and 1 cup (240ml) stock, and using an immersion blender, blend mixture until smooth, 1 to 2 minutes. (If you do not have a handheld immersion blender, transfer mixture to blender and blend until smooth, about 1 minute. Pour mixture back into Dutch oven.) Stir in remaining 2 cups (340ml) of chickpeas, 3 cups (710ml) stock, and black pepper. Season with salt to taste.
- Bring chickpea mixture to a boil over medium-high heat. Stir in pasta and cook, stirring frequently, until pasta is just shy of al dente (1 to 2 minutes less than the package directs, as the pasta will continue to cook off-heat), and liquid is reduced to a consistency that falls between soupy and saucy. Adjust consistency as needed with additional water, stock, or chickpea cooking liquid, keeping in mind that liquid will tighten up as it cools due to starch from the chickpeas.
- Remove from heat, add cheese, and stir rapidly to incorporate. Season with salt to taste. Divide between individual serving bowls (for the dried chickpea version, look out for the garlic cloves and rosemary sprig; remove and discard them), and drizzle each serving with olive oil. Serve, passing extra grated cheese at the table.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 687 kcal, Carbohydrate 82 g, Cholesterol 18 mg, Fiber 12 g, Protein 28 g, SaturatedFat 6 g, Sodium 985 mg, Sugar 9 g, Fat 26 g, ServingSize Serves 4, UnsaturatedFat 0 g
More about "pasta e ceci pasta with chickpeas food"
PASTA WITH CHICKPEAS (PASTA E CECI) - THE CLEVER MEAL
5/5 (1)Total Time 30 minsCategory PastaCalories 472 per serving
- Warm the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Once the oil is shimmering, add the diced onion, carrot, celery, and rosemary. Cook, stirring often, until the onion has softened and is turning translucent, about 5 minutes. Then add the garlic, and stir for 30 seconds.
- Add the chickpeas, the cubed potato, and a good pinch of salt and pepper. Cook stirring frequently, about 1 minute.
- Then add vegetable broth, raise the heat and bring the mixture to a boil, then cover the pot, reduce heat and cook for 10 minutes.
5-INGREDIENT PASTA E CECI | KITCHEN STORIES RECIPE AND …
4/5 (51)Calories 675 per servingCategory Main
PASTA E CECI (PASTA WITH CHICKPEAS) | AMERICA'S TEST …
4.8/5 (10)Servings 4-6Cuisine ItalianCategory Main Courses, Stews
PASTA E CECI RECIPE – PASTA WITH CHICKPEAS - GREAT …
Servings 4Estimated Reading Time 3 minsCategory Main
QUICK PASTA AND CHICKPEAS - SMITTEN KITCHEN
Servings 2Total Time 20 minsEstimated Reading Time 6 mins
PASTA E CECI (PASTA WITH CHICKPEAS) - DINNER WITH JULIE
Reviews 15Category Beans
PASTA WITH CHICKPEAS - PASTA E CECI - RECIPES 'R' SIMPLE
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
PASTA E CECI | PASTA WITH CHICKPEAS - NONNAS WAY
5/5 (1)Category PastaCuisine ItalianTotal Time 2 hrs
- Add the chopped tomatoes or puree and keep on medium-high heat until tomatoes break down completely, about 15 minutes. If using puree cook for 10 minutes.
PASTA E CECI - PASS THE SAUCE
5/5 (1)Category SoupCuisine ItalianCalories 300 per serving
- Put the drained chickpeas with a generous pinch of salt, a spring of rosemary ,2 bay leaves , bacon if using and the 2 litres of water in a pot and boil rapidly for 15 minutes and then gently for 2 hours and 45 minutes. Drain and discard the bacon and the bay leaves.
- Chop the rosemary as thinly as possible; I’m afraid the food processor just won’t do it so you’ll have to do it by hand.
- Puree the garlic the onion and the carrot in a small food processor, then fry them in a little olive oil over a medium heath until they are soft, add the rosemary and half a glass of white wine and stir gently for one minute.
- Now add the chopped tomatoes and the remaining wine and let cook, stirring frequently for about 15 minutes.
PASTA E CECI (PASTA WITH CHICKPEAS) RECIPE - VEGETARIAN TIMES
Cuisine ItalianCategory Pasta, Soups & StewsServings 6Calories 160 per serving
PASTA CECI E PATATE ~ PASTA WITH CHICKPEAS & POTATOES
MEALIME - PASTA E CECI (PASTA WITH CHICKPEAS)
Cuisine ItalianTotal Time 30 mins
PASTA E CECI (PASTA WITH CHICKPEAS)
Author Mark Calaminici
VEGAN PASTA E CECI (PASTA WITH CHICKPEAS) - VEGAN COCOTTE
Cuisine ItalianTotal Time 30 minsCategory PastaCalories 485 per serving
GUSTO TV - PASTA WITH CHICKPEAS (PASTA E CECI)
Servings 4-6Category Mains
PASTA E CECI RECIPE + VIDEO • CIAOFLORENTINA
5/5 (2)Calories 362 per servingCategory Soup
ITALIAN CHICKPEA SOUP (PASTA E CECI) - THE PETITE COOK™
Ratings 8Calories 402 per servingCategory Main Course/ Starter
PASTA E CECI (ITALIAN PASTA AND CHICKPEA STEW) - DISHING ...
5/5 (4)Total Time 35 minsCategory Soup/StewCalories 390 per serving
PASTA E CECI-ITALIAN CHICKPEA SOUP - SAVORING ITALY
Cuisine ItalianCategory DinnerServings 6
PASTA WITH CHICKPEAS (PASTA E CECI) - ELAVEGAN | RECIPES
5/5 (1)Calories 421 per servingCategory Dinner, Lunch, Pasta
SIMPLE AND COMFORTING PASTA E CECI (PASTA AND CHICKPEAS ...
5/5 (1)Category SavoryAuthor NikieTotal Time 30 mins
PASTA AND CHICKPEAS (PASTA E CECI) - FARM TO FORK
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
QUICK PASTA E CECI (PASTA WITH CHICKPEAS) - SKINNY SPATULA
4.9/5 (8)Total Time 45 minsServings 4Calories 552 per serving
PASTA E CECI (ITALIAN CHICKPEA SOUP) - MONKEY AND ME ...
Cuisine ItalianTotal Time 45 minsCategory SoupCalories 162 per serving
VEGAN PASTA E CECI, PASTA WITH CHICKPEAS | THE MOSTLY VEGAN
PASTA E CECI (PASTA WITH CHICKPEAS) - MARISA MARIELLA
WEEKEND RECIPE: PASTA E CECI (PASTA WITH CHICKPEAS) | KCET
PASTA E CECI (PASTA AND CHICKPEAS) - WATCH LEARN EAT
PASTA E CECI (PASTA WITH CHICKPEAS) – ALLEN RECIPES
PASTA E CECI (PASTA WITH CHICKPEAS) RECIPE - FOOD RECIPES
PASTA E CECI (ITALIAN PASTA WITH CHICKPEA SOUP ...
PASTA E CECI (PASTA AND CHICKPEAS) - SIP AND FEAST
PASTA E CECI (ONE POT PASTA AND CHICKPEAS) - HOST THE TOAST
PASTA E CECI (PASTA WITH CHICKPEAS) - HEALTHY EATING AND ...
PASTA E CECI - KITCHEN TABLE FOOD
LAGANE PASTA WITH CHICKPEAS - LIDIA
PASTA E CECI PASTA WITH CHICKPEAS- TFRECIPES
PASTA E CECI RECIPE: THIS ONE-POT PASTA & CHICKPEAS RECIPE ...
PASTA E CECI (ITALIAN CHICKPEA SOUP) - PINA BRESCIANI
PASTA E CECI PASTA WITH CHICKPEAS RECIPES
PASTA WITH CHICKPEAS OR PASTA E CECI - EASY MEALS WITH ...
CHICKPEA PASTA RECIPE PASTA E CECI - RACHAEL RAY SHOW
You'll also love