BAJA FISH TACOS
These Baja fish tacos are made from crispy beer-battered cod tucked into corn tortillas, topped with a cabbage slaw and smoky chipotle sauce.
Provided by Jennifer Segal (slaw and chipotle sauce adapted from Cook's Illustrated)
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Toss the cabbage, red onion, cilantro, vinegar, oil and salt together in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Combine the mayonnaise, lime juice, chipotle chiles with sauce and garlic in a blender or mini food processor and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Mix the flour, salt and pepper together in a medium bowl. Gradually add the beer, whisking until the batter is smooth with no lumps. Set aside.
- In a medium skillet, over medium heat, add enough oil to reach a depth of ½-inch. Heat the oil until a deep-fry thermometer registers 350 degrees F, or when the end of a wooden spoon sizzles when dipped into the oil.
- Working in batches so as not to crowd the pan, dip the fish strips in the beer batter and coat on both sides. Let the excess batter drip off, then fry the fish in the hot oil until golden brown and cooked through, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels to drain.
- Smear each tortilla with a generous amount of the chipotle sauce, then top with the cabbage slaw. Lay one piece of fish inside each tortilla and serve with lime wedges.
- Note: 3 chipotle peppers and 2 teaspoons sauce will give you a spicy sauce. Use less for a milder sauce. You can freeze any leftover chipotle peppers from the can.
- Note: Nutritional information was calculated assuming that approximately 3 tablespoons of oil are absorbed into the fish when fried.
- Note: Nutritional Information does not include the chipotle sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 577, Fat 16 g, Carbohydrate 66 g, Protein 39 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Sugar 4 g, Fiber 7 g, Sodium 1025 mg, Cholesterol 73 mg
COD FISH TACOS
- Season fish with salt, ground cumin and Tajin.
- Combine the ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl and refrigerate until ready to eat.
- Toss the slaw ingredients and keep cold.
- Place on preheated skillet and spray with olive oil, cook 4 to 5 minutes on each side until fish is just opaque and charred. Break up in large chunks.
- Char the tortillas over an open flame on the burner or in a skillet about 30 seconds on each side, stack on a plate covered with a towel to keep warm.
- Assemble tacos. Place slaw on the bottom of each tortilla, top with fish and drizzle with sauce, serve with lime wedges.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 2 tacos, Calories 342 kcal, Carbohydrate 38 g, Protein 35 g, Fat 9.5 g, SaturatedFat 1.5 g, Cholesterol 56.5 mg, Sodium 638.5 mg, Fiber 4.5 g, Sugar 2.5 g
CHILI-SPICED COD WITH ROASTED CABBAGE SLAW
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat the broiler and line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Toss the cabbage, red onion, 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon vegetable oil and 1/2 teaspoon salt on the prepared pan. Broil, turning occasionally, until the vegetables are crisp-tender and lightly charred, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl and stir in the bell pepper and 1 tablespoon lime juice; season with salt. Reserve the baking sheet.
- Meanwhile, combine the mayonnaise, the remaining 1 tablespoon lime juice, the chopped cilantro, jalapenos and brine and 3/4 teaspoon chile powder in a small bowl; set aside.
- Rub the fish with the remaining 2 teaspoons vegetable oil and 1/4 teaspoon chile powder; season with salt and arrange on the baking sheet. Broil the fish until just cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Serve the fish with the mayonnaise sauce, slaw, cornbread and lime wedges. Top with the cilantro leaves.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 440, Fat 25 grams, SaturatedFat 3 grams, Cholesterol 90 milligrams, Sodium 1261 milligrams, Carbohydrate 30 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 27 grams, Sugar 1 grams
- In a large bowl, mix the first 6 ingredients. Add coleslaw mix, red pepper and onion; toss to coat. Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 180 calories, Fat 15g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 7mg cholesterol, Sodium 247mg sodium, Carbohydrate 11g carbohydrate (8g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 1g protein.
More about "lime butter cod with zesty slaw food"
LIME BUTTER COD WITH TROPICAL PINEAPPLE SLAW
Servings 4Total Time 30 minsCategory Dinner Tonight, Seafood RecipesCalories 375 per serving
CILANTRO LIME SLAW RECIPE - GIMME SOME OVEN
CHILI LIME BAKED COD - THE ROASTED ROOT
EASY LEMON BUTTER BAKED COD FISH (RICH, …
PAN-FRIED COD WITH ZESTY SLAW - CTV
- Mix all ingredients together except the lime juice and seasoning. Season with lime juice, salt & pepper to taste.
ASIAN COD WITH SPICY ASIAN SLAW | CONNECTING KITCHEN
GRILLED COD FISH TACOS WITH GINGER MANGO SLAW
EASY COD FISH TACOS (READY IN 20 MINUTES!!!) - MUY BUENO
LIME-BUTTER COD WITH ZESTY SLAW RECIPE - PINTEREST
LIME-BUTTER COD WITH ZESTY SLAW - YAHOO
SPICY FISH TACO BOWLS WITH CILANTRO LIME SLAW - PINCH OF …
LIME-BUTTER COD RECIPE FROM H-E-B
FRIED CATFISH TACOS ARE A TASTY USE FOR THE INVASIVE FISH
GRILLED SHRIMP WITH SPICY SLAW RECIPE - NYT COOKING
LIME BUTTER COD WITH ZESTY SLAW
LIME-BUTTER COD WITH ZESTY SLAW RECIPE | RECIPE - PINTEREST
LIME-BUTTER COD WITH ZESTY SLAW RECIPE | RECIPE | LIME …
LEMON BUTTER COD WITH TARTAR SAUCE - PRIMAL PALATE
SEARED COD WITH A BROWN BUTTER LIME SAUCE [LOW CARB]
3 HIGH PROTEIN RECIPES FOR FAT LOSS, FROM SPORTS …
SKILLET COD WITH CILANTRO LIME BUTTER - GRUMPY'S …
You'll also love