LEMON AND HERB WHITE BEAN DIP
A zesty, herby, lemony dip made with white beans! A protein- and fiber-rich dip or snack made with just 7 wholesome ingredients in 10 minutes. Perfect for spring (or any time!).
Provided by Minimalist Baker
Number Of Ingredients 10
- To a food processor (or high-speed blender) add drained, rinsed white beans along with tahini, lemon zest and lemon juice (starting with lesser amounts of both), salt, garlic, and olive oil (reserve herbs for later).
- Blend until creamy, scraping down sides as needed - about 1 minute. If you prefer more texture, blend for less time. If you prefer silky smooth dip, blend for longer.
- Add chopped dill (or other herbs) and pulse again to combine.
- Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more garlic for zing, lemon zest or juice for brightness or acidity, salt to taste, olive oil for creaminess / floral notes, dill for more herbal notes, or tahini for nuttiness. We like pretty bold flavors, so we added the additional lemon zest and juice and a pinch more salt.
- Enjoy immediately, or refrigerate to chill, which allows the dip to thicken. Option to garnish with additional drizzle of olive oil, lemon zest, and fresh dill for serving. Serve with pita bread or chips, flatbread, crackers, or vegetables of choice.
- Leftovers keep covered in the refrigerator for up to 4-5 days. Not freezer friendly.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 quarter-cup serving, Calories 192 kcal, Carbohydrate 13.8 g, Protein 6.9 g, Fat 13.2 g, SaturatedFat 1.8 g, Sodium 267 mg, Fiber 4.8 g, Sugar 1.1 g, UnsaturatedFat 10.3 g
GARLIC-CAPER STRING BEANS
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Number Of Ingredients 0
- Boil 1 pound mixed green and wax beans in salted water until crisp-tender, 6 minutes; drain. Chop 3 garlic cloves, 2 tablespoons capers and the zest of 1 lemon and mash together to make a coarse paste; saute in olive oil, 2 minutes. Add the juice of the lemon and bring to a boil. Add the beans and toss until glazed, 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
LEMON GARLIC WHITE BEAN DIP
This Lemon Garlic White Bean Dip is the perfect creamy meal prep alternative to hummus. Rich in umami flavor thanks to the addition of miso and fresh lemon zest.
Provided by Catherine Perez
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Add the beans, crushed garlic, miso, nutritional yeast, lemon zest and juice, tahini, salt and ice cubes to a food processor or high speed blender and blend on high until smooth. The time it takes to blend will depend on the power of your food processor.
- Pour the dip in a bowl or storage container. Optionally, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, fresh minced parsley and extra lemon zest. If you want it spicy, feel free to sprinkle it with red chili flakes or drizzle with chili oil.
A good dip transcends time - especially one with fresh herbs, which makes this 1959 recipe from Craig Claiborne stand out amid other recipes from the convenience food era of the 1940s and '50s. Studded with capers, garlic and anchovies, the dip comes together quickly, then sits in the refrigerator, ready to buy you time should your guests arrive early while the rest of the meal runs late.
Provided by Craig Claiborne
Categories dips and spreads, appetizer
Yield About 1 1/2 cups
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Using a wooden spoon, blend the cream cheese and anchovy paste together in a medium bowl. Add the sour cream, parsley, chives, capers, lemon juice and garlic, season with salt and pepper, then stir until well blended. Place in the refrigerator for several hours to season.
- Spoon the dip into a bowl and serve with sliced vegetables or potato chips, or both.
ROASTED GARLIC AND WHITE BEAN DIP WITH ROSEMARY
The idea of adding a whole head of garlic to a dip might scare you, but compared to its bracing raw counterpart, roasted garlic is sweet and mellow. This dip is garnished with a sprig of sizzled rosemary that's for more than just looks: Frying the herb infuses the olive oil with its fragrance. Spoon the remainder over your finished bowl for a hit of rosemary you wouldn't get with just the minced leaves, then scoop it up with warm pita, cucumber spears, and carrot sticks.
Provided by Sarah Jampel
Categories snack, dips and spreads, appetizer
Yield 8 to 10 servings (2 1/2 cups)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Roast the garlic: Heat the oven to 400 degrees. Peel off most of the garlic's outermost skin but leave the whole head intact. Trim about 1/4 inch off the top of the garlic to expose the cloves. Place the garlic on a large piece of aluminum foil, then drizzle 1 teaspoon olive oil over the exposed cloves and close the foil into a pouch. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, until you can pierce the center of the head with a knife. Let cool slightly.
- Squeeze the roasted garlic cloves into the bowl of a food processor. Add the white beans, 4 tablespoons olive oil, lemon juice, rosemary leaves, black pepper, cayenne (if using), hot water and salt. Purée until smooth, then taste for salt, pepper, rosemary and lemon juice. Adjust as necessary. Transfer to a serving dish.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a small heavy skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add the remaining rosemary sprig - it should sizzle. Cook until brown and crisp, flipping once, about 1 minute per side, then transfer to the top of the dip as a garnish. Pour or spoon the remaining olive oil, now infused with rosemary, over the top of the dip. Sprinkle with cayenne for a little additional heat.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 117, UnsaturatedFat 1 gram, Carbohydrate 19 grams, Fat 2 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 7 grams, SaturatedFat 0 grams, Sodium 382 milligrams, Sugar 0 grams
LEMON CAPER DIP
Serve with cut up veggies or your favorite crackers! From Diabetic Living, Summer 2005. Very important to use fresh dairy ingredients for this recipe.
Provided by COOKGIRl
Yield 1 1/2 cups
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a small, non-reactive serving bowl combine all the ingredients.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- *Stir dip before serving.*.
- Garnish with some fresh dill weed and a few strands of lemon peel.
LEMONY WHITE BEANS WITH ANCHOVY AND PARMESAN
These white beans, adapted from Alison Roman's cookbook "Nothing Fancy" (Clarkson Potter, 2019), could potentially be a whole meal, but they are also great alongside another protein since they pull double duty as both starch and salad. While this dish is beautifully seasonally agnostic, it is a summery dream with grilled whole trout or lamb shoulder, and lots of cold red or white wine, preferably in the sunny outdoors.
Provided by Alison Roman
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat and add the garlic. Cook, swirling the skillet occasionally until the garlic is pale golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the anchovies, capers and red-pepper flakes, swirling until the anchovies melt and sizzle, the capers pop slightly, and the red-pepper flakes toast and bleed into the oil, about 2 minutes.
- Add the beans and season with salt and pepper. Reduce the heat to medium-low and toss to coat the beans in all the garlicky business. Let them cook until the flavors have melded and beans no longer taste like they came from a can, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add half the escarole and toss to coat, letting it wilt ever so slightly. Transfer the beans and wilted escarole to a large serving platter or bowl, and mix in the remaining escarole. Scatter with the mint and parsley. Use a peeler or box grater to shave some Parmesan over all. Squeeze the lemon over everything just before serving.
More about "lemon caper garlic white bean dip food"
WHITE BEAN DIP RECIPE - LOVE AND LEMONS
5/5 (57)Servings 4Cuisine AmericanCategory Appetizer, Snack
ROASTED GARLIC WHITE BEAN DIP - WATCH LEARN EAT
GARLIC & HERB WHITE BEAN DIP - A SOUTHERN SOUL
WHITE BEAN DIP WITH HOJIBLANCA OLIVES FROM SPAIN
ROSEMARY AND LEMON WHITE BEAN DIP …
VEGAN WHITE BEAN DIP WITH ROASTED GARLIC …
WHITE BEAN DIP - A HEALTHY VEGAN DIP RECIPE
WHITE BEAN DIP WITH LEMON AND DILL. - THE PRETTY BEE
SIMPLE LEMON CAPER SAUCE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
ULTRA CREAMY WHITE BEAN HUMMUS RECIPE - THE MEDITERRANEAN DISH
CREAMY WHITE BEAN DIP | JULIE BLANNER
WHITE BEAN DIP - MAYO CLINIC
WHITE BEAN DIP | 12 TOMATOES
LEMON BEAN DIP RECIPE | CHATELAINE
WHITE BEAN DIP (EASY) - BEST BEAN RECIPES
GARLIC LEMON CHICKEN WITH CAPERS | EAT PICKS
WHITE BEAN DIP WITH CRISPY CAPERS - TO HER CORE
You'll also love