OLD-FASHIONED RHUBARB CAKE
My great-aunt gave me this rhubarb cake recipe. It's especially delicious when rhubarb is in season, and tastes even better with the old-fashioned milk topping. But you'll love it even with frozen rhubarb and "modern-day" whipped topping! -Mairlyn Homola, Hazel, South Dakota
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a bowl, cream butter and 1 cup sugar. Add egg; beat well. Combine buttermilk and vanilla; set aside. , Combine flour, baking soda and salt; add alternately with buttermilk/vanilla to the creamed mixture. Stir in rhubarb. Spread in a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. , Combine the remaining sugar with cinnamon; sprinkle over batter. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 35 minutes. , For topping, combine all ingredients; pour over individual squares.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 286 calories, Fat 9g fat (6g saturated fat), Cholesterol 40mg cholesterol, Sodium 323mg sodium, Carbohydrate 46g carbohydrate (29g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 5g protein.
This is a yummy way to use rhubarb in the spring. You can also use frozen rhubarb. Whenever I make this, everyone loves it!!! It is very easy to whip up!!
Provided by Kimke
Yield 1 cake
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Mix brown sugar, butter, egg and vanilla.
- Add baking soda, salt, flour and buttermilk.
- Mix until fluffy.
- Add rhubarb.
- Place batter in a 9x13 inch GLASS pan.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon together and sprinkle on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 40 minutes.
KNOBBY RHUBARB CAKE
From the Cooking Light community online: "Rhubarb is in season now here in Massachusetts. This is my husband's favorite rhubarb recipe. I think it is pretty healthy. It is so moist that it is practically pudding-like."
Provided by sracy
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Cream sugar, margarine, egg and vanilla.
- Sift flour to spices; add to creamed mixture. Stir in rhubarb and nuts.
- Turn in to a greased and floured 8-inch square pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes or until done.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 273.2, Fat 11.3, SaturatedFat 1.7, Cholesterol 26.4, Sodium 251.6, Carbohydrate 40.3, Fiber 1.8, Sugar 25.9, Protein 4
RHUBARB CUSTARD CAKE
Delicious easy rhubarb recipe, the best rhubarb cake recipe I've ever eaten! It is great warm out of the oven, and then I refrigerate the leftover cake, and it is wonderful cold, too! The cream, sugar and rhubarb sink to the bottom, forming a custard layer.
Provided by Holly Lyman
Yield 18 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Prepare batter for cake mix according to package directions; turn into greased and floured 9 x 13 pan.
- Dump the chopped rhubarb on top of the cake batter.
- Sprinkle the sugar on the top of the rhubarb.
- Pour the heavy cream over the sugar.
- Bake at 350°F for 50-60 minutes, until cake springs back when lightly touched.
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB CAKE
- Cook strawberries and rhubarb in a covered saucepan over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Add lemon juice and mixture of 2/3 cups sugar and cornstarch.
- Cook for 8 minutes or until thick, stirring constantly.
- Combine next 5 ingredients in bowl, mix well.
- Cut in 1 cup of butter until crumbly.
- Add milk, eggs and flavoring, mix well.
- Reserve 1 cup batter.
- Pour remaining batter into greased and floured 9x13 pan.
- Spoon cooked mixture over batter.
- Top with reserved batter.
- Combine 1/2 cup flour and 2/3 cups sugar in a bowl -- cut in 1/4 cup butter till crumbly.
- Sprinkle over cake.
- Bake at 350* for 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 490.4, Fat 21.4, SaturatedFat 13.1, Cholesterol 89.7, Sodium 505.1, Carbohydrate 71, Fiber 1.6, Sugar 40.9, Protein 5.5
This is a great use for rhubarb straight from the garden. The first time I had this, I thought it was apple, not rhubarb.
Provided by _Pixie_
Yield 1 cake
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Cream 1/2 c butter and white sugar.
- Add the buttermilk, vanilla and beaten egg.
- Mix well.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the rhubarb to the flour and stir.
- Fold the flour mixture into the egg mixture.
- Put in a greased 8 x 8 pan.
- Blend the brown sugar, cinnamon and 1/4 c butter.
- Sprinkle on top.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes at 350.
- Sides should pull away from pan.
- Best served hot with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
More about "knobby rhubarb cake food"
10 RHUBARB CAKE RECIPES TO TRY
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
- Oma's Rhubarb Cake. "Oma always makes this for her grand kids after she picks through her garden," says recipe creator Alea. "Probably not good for the thighs but Oma's cooking is always good for the taste buds."
- Grandma Moyer's Rhubarb and Strawberry Coffee Cake. "This was my Grandma Moyer's recipe," says recipe creator BobbieRocks. "It has been missing since at least the mid 80's.
- Rhubarb Cheesecake. This top-rated cheesecake, made with fresh rhubarb and finished with sour cream topping, is surprisingly easy. Try this recipe next time you're in the mood for a fruity summertime treat.
- Almond Rhubarb Coffee Cake. "I firmly believed that rhubarb was a terrible waste of good garden space and that it didn't belong in any recipe at all," says recipe creator FRAMBUESA.
- Rhubarb Spice Cake with Lemon Sauce. "My mother got this recipe back in the 1950's from the minister's wife," says recipe creator PRICKLY PEAR.
OLD-FASHIONED RHUBARB CAKE - SEASONS AND SUPPERS
MONETTE’S RHUBARB CAKE | RICARDO
EASY RHUBARB CAKE (FROM SCRATCH) - HAPPY HOOLIGANS
5/5 (35)Published Jun 4, 2020Category DessertCalories 406 per serving
RHUBARB CAKE RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK KITCHEN | FOOD NETWORK
Author Emily Weinberger for Food Network KitchenSteps 7Difficulty Easy
KNOBBY DEFINITION AND MEANING | COLLINS ENGLISH DICTIONARY
KNOBBY DEFINITION & MEANING | DICTIONARY.COM
KNOBBY | ENGLISH MEANING - CAMBRIDGE DICTIONARY
JULIET SEAR’S RHUBARB & CUSTARD CAKE | THIS MORNING - ITVX
RHUBARB CAKE - SPEND WITH PENNIES
RHUBARB CAKE RECIPE - BBC FOOD
KNOBBY - DEFINITION OF KNOBBY BY THE FREE DICTIONARY
RHUBARB OATMEAL UPSIDE-DOWN CAKE - HOBBY FARMS
NUTRITIONAL FACTS: - FOOD.COM
RHUBARB COFFEE CAKE | CANADIAN LIVING
KNOBBY RHUBARB CAKE - LUNCHLEE
URBAN DICTIONARY: KNOBBY
RHUBARB CAKE RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
You'll also love