FILET MIGNON WITH GARLIC & HERB BUTTER RECIPE
- Preheat oven to 410F.
- To make the compound butter, take the butter out of the fridge and let it sit at room temperature while preparing herbs and garlic. In the meantime, rinse rosemary, parsley and oregano, chop and set aside. Blanche garlic, if needed, by bringing 1 cup of water to a boil in a small saucepan, taking the water off the heat and letting the garlic blanch in hot water for 1 minute, then cooling in cold water. If the butter is too hard, microwave for 10 seconds or pound by a pasta roller.
- Add the chopped herbs and minced garlic, and mix in until evenly distributed. Shape into a log and refrigerate until ready to use. Remove the butter from the fridge 10 minutes prior to using.
- Remove filet mignon steaks from the fridge about 45-60 minutes before cooking and let come up to room temperature. Liberally season with salt and pepper on both sides just before searing. See Note.
- Heat the olive oil and the butter in a large (12") cast iron pan over medium-high heat. When the butter starts smoking and turns dark brown in color, place the filets in the pan and sear undisturbed for about 2 minutes. Flip and sear for another 2 minutes. Flip the steaks again and immediately transfer the pan into the preheated oven.
- Bake to desired doneness: rare - 120F-125F, medium rare - 130F-135F, medium - 140F-145F, medium well - 150F-155F and well done - 160F-165F.
- Remove the filets from the skillet and place on a platter. Cover with foil and let the steaks rest for 3 minutes. Top with a slice of compound butter and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 785 kcal, Protein 31 g, Fat 72 g, SaturatedFat 34 g, Cholesterol 195 mg, Sodium 287 mg, ServingSize 1 serving
FILET MIGNON FOR TWO
Filet mignon with Gorgonzola sauce is a very simple and delicious meal for two. A good sear on your steak will ensure a juicy, tender steak. I have found this to be the best way to cook a steak indoors.
Provided by KheringtonsMommy
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F (260 degrees C). Place a large, oven-proof skillet in the oven as it preheats.
- Bring steaks to room temperature. Rub with olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Remove the hot skillet from the oven carefully and place it on a burner set to high heat. Leave the oven on.
- Place steaks into the dry pan immediately and sear, turning with tongs, 1 to 2 minutes on both sides.
- Transfer the pan back into the preheated oven and cook until desired doneness is reached, 3 to 5 minutes. For medium doneness, an instant-read thermometer inserted into the centers should read 140 degrees F (60 degrees C). Transfer steaks to a warm platter and tent loosely with foil. Let rest for 5 to 10 minutes; the steaks will continue to cook during this process and the internal temperature will rise 5 to 10 degrees.
- Meanwhile, heat butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add shallot and garlic and saute until shallot is tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Pour in cream; let cook until reduced by half, about 10 minutes. Turn heat to low and add Gorgonzola cheese. Let cheese melt; season with salt and pepper. Serve sauce with steaks.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1030.7 calories, Carbohydrate 8 g, Cholesterol 372.6 mg, Fat 81.6 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 63.7 g, SaturatedFat 46.5 g, Sodium 904.7 mg, Sugar 0.9 g
HOW TO COOK FILET MIGNON RECIPE BY TASTY
We get it: you deserve a treat. It's been a hard day (or maybe even a hard week) and well, you deserve a little bit of luxury: a lit candle, some wine, and some nice music. Oh, and don't forget the Best. Meal. Ever. Luckily, our filet mignon fits the bill: it simplifies a fancy restaurant dish into a homemade extravagance and the best part? Our recipe serves just one: that's right. It's allll for you!
Provided by Jody Tixier
Yield 1 serving
Number Of Ingredients 7
- On a cutting board, pat the filet mignon dry with paper towels and let sit at room temperature for 20-30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 450˚F (230˚C).
- Generously season all sides of the filet mignon with salt and pepper.
- Heat a medium, oven-safe stainless steel or cast iron skillet over high heat for 5 minutes. Add the grapeseed oil.
- Once the oil beings to smoke, add the filet mignon to the pan. Cook without moving for 2-3 minutes, until a crust has formed.
- Use tongs to flip the steak over, then add the butter, rosemary, and garlic to the pan.
- Tilt the pan and spoon the butter continuously over the steak for 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer the pan to the oven for 7 minutes for a medium rare steak.
- Transfer the steak to a cutting board and let rest for at least 10 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 591 calories, Carbohydrate 1 gram, Fat 48 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 37 grams, Sugar 0 grams
More about "how to cook filet mignon recipe by tasty food"
OUR TOP FILET MIGNON RECIPES - FOOD COM
HOW TO COOK FILET MIGNON | THE FOOD CAFE | JUST SAY YUM
Servings 3Total Time 18 minsEstimated Reading Time 5 mins
FILET MIGNON RECIPES - FOOD NETWORK
THE TOP 9 FILET MIGNON RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
Author Derrick RichesPublished 2016-02-07Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
- Cumin and Black Pepper Crusted Filet Mignon. This is by far one of the most flavorful ways to prepare filet mignon. While you can use cumin powder for the recipe, toasting the cumin seeds adds a deeply delicious touch to the final product.
- Filet Mignon With Peppercorn-Thyme Butter. This is the perfect steak for special occasions, particularly romantic ones. These filets are grilled to perfection then topped with a simple but delicious peppercorn-thyme compound butter.
- Bacon-Wrapped Filet Mignon. This is one of the easiest ways to add delicious flavor to a steak. While filet mignon rarely needs help in the flavor department, bacon just seems to make it better.
- Easy Grilled Filet Mignon. If you're new to grilling steaks or a fan of simplicity, then this recipe is for you. Filet mignon is a delicious, tender cut of beef that really benefits from the grill.
- Filet Mignon With Gorgonzola. A simple, yet flavorful way to prepare the perfect filet mignon. The gorgonzola adds a salty bite to the steak resulting in the perfect combination of flavors.
- Chili and Brown Sugar Rubbed Filet Mignon. This is a fast easy way to grill a tender, tasty filet mignon. The simple, yet flavorful rub enhances the steak's flavor giving it a rich beefiness, with a hint of sweet from the brown sugar.
- Filet Mignon With Ginger and Red Wine. The combination of red wine and soy sauce works beautifully together to flavor these steaks. While you can't go wrong with filet mignon, this sauce helps to amp it up just a little bit.
- Herb-Crusted Filet Mignon. What can be better than filet mignon? It's both delicious and tender. This recipe calls for dried herbs though you can substitute with fresh herbs instead.
- Grilled Filet Mignon With Bearnaise Sauce. While this recipe will take some time to prepare, it is well worth it. You can prepare the bearnaise sauce shortly before the steaks go on the grill.
HOW TO COOK FILET MIGNON | EASY FILET MIGNON RECIPE — THE ...
Cuisine American, FrenchCategory Main CourseServings 2Total Time 17 mins
- Heat a large heavy skillet, such as cast iron, over high heat. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Season the steak generously with salt and pepper. When the oil is hot, sear the steak for 3 minutes on each side, until a nice crust has formed.
- Transfer the pan to the preheated oven and roast for about 6 to 9 minutes, until the steaks are done to your liking. The inside will read 120°F on an internal thermometer for rare, 125°F for medium rare. Transfer the steaks to a cutting board and let rest for at least 5 minutes.
FILET MIGNON RECIPE - FOOD.COM - FOOD.COM - RECIPES, FOOD ...
Servings 4Total Time 2 hrs 10 minsCategory SteakCalories 373 per serving
- Trim excess fat from Filet Mignon and then cut each into 3/4-inch cubes. In a bowl, combine the pepper, sugar, garlic, & oyster sauce. Add the beef and toss well to coat. Set aside to marinate for 20 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- For the dressing, In large mixing bowl, combine the sugar, garlic, salt, pepper, vinegar and water. Stir to dissolve the sugar. Add the shallot and sesame oil. Put the romaine or watercress salad on top but hold off on tossing.
- Heat the oil in a wok or large skillet over high heat. Add the cube Filet Mignon and spread it out in one layer. Cook in batches, if necessary. Let the beef sear for about 1 minute, before shaking the wok or skillet to sear another side. Cook for another 30 seconds or so and shake. Cook the beef this way for about 4 minutes total, until nicely browned and medium rare. Add cubed bell peppers, white onions, and mushrooms. Finally, add the dark soy sauce to enhance the flavor & color of the shaking Filet Mignon.
- In between shakes, toss the romaine or watercress salad and transfer onto a platter or serving dish. When the beef is done, pile the beef on top of the romaine or watercress salad and serve immediately with lots of rice.
BEST FILET MIGNON RECIPE - HOW TO COOK FILET MIGNON
5/5 (72)Calories 543 per serving
FILET MIGNON RECIPE (2 WAYS!) - THE COZY COOK
5/5 (3)Total Time 20 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 469 per serving
- Note: Undercook the steak slightly if adding the topping as the steak will cook a little more in the oven during the broiling process.
8 BEST-EVER FILET MIGNON RECIPES | FOOD & WINE
- Poached Beef Fillet with Fines Herbes Dressing. Poaching slices of filet mignon in a vegetable-enhanced broth just until rosy seals in the delectable flavor.
- Steak Diane. Diane-style means sautéing thinly sliced, pounded filet mignon in butter, then flambéing and basting it in a rich Cognac sauce.
- Beef Tenderloin Sandwiches with Norton-Shiitake Sauce. Grilled strips of filet mignon are delicious on these garlicky sandwiches.
- Shaking Beef. This sweet and vinegary Vietnamese dish is simply served with an easy soy-based sauce and lime wedges. Related: Best Steak Recipes.
- Sparks’s Sautéed Filet Mignon with Yellow Tomato Vinaigrette. This is a great summer steak recipe because it calls for two summer staples: tomatoes and basil.
- Rosen’s Lemon Charred Beef with Crisp Herbed Spaetzle. A marinade of brown sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest and olive oil gives the tender filet mignon steaks terrific flavor.
- Filet Mignon with Shallots and Cognac. Fast and easy, this is a classic preparation for filet mignon steaks. Related:37 Juicy Steak Recipes. How to Cook Steak Sous Vide.
AIR FRYER FILET MIGNON (FAST & SUPER TENDER!) | WHOLESOME YUM
5/5 (22)Total Time 16 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 709 per serving
FILET MIGNON RECIPE - PETITEGOURMETS.COM
4.4/5 (5)Total Time 40 minsCategory Main DishCalories 180 per serving
AIR FRYER FILET MIGNON RECIPE - MAGIC SKILLET
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 20 minsCategory BeefCalories 435 per serving
HOW TO COOK FILET MIGNON - MD-HEALTH.COM
Estimated Reading Time 6 mins
FILET MIGNON RECIPE GORDON RAMSAY - FOODRECIPESTORY
FILET MIGNON TAIL RECIPES
HOW TO COOK A STEAK IN A CAST IRON SKILLET WITH BUTTER ...
FILET MIGNON PORK. RECIPE - ALL THE BEST RECIPES AT ...
RECIPE: CLASSIC SURF AND TURF: FILET MIGNON AND LOBSTER ...
FILET MIGNON OVEN TEMPERATURE - PHASE-QUEST.COM
BEST AIR FRYER FILET MIGNON RECIPE - BESTAIRFRYERSREVIEW.COM
TASTY - HOW TO COOK FILET MIGNON PERFECTLY | FACEBOOK
HOW TO COOK FILET MIGNON IN THE OVEN WITHOUT SEARING? (5 ...
GROUND FILET MIGNON RECIPES - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
FILET MIGNON ROAST TEMP - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
FILET MIGNON PRICE WALMART - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
COOKING FILET MIGNON ON GRILL AND OVEN – JUST EASY RECIPE
HOW TO COOK PERFECT FILET MIGNON: QUICK & EASY FILET ...
ALL RECIPES HOW TO GRILL A FILET MIGNON ~ EASY AND ...
FILET MIGNON RECIPE COLLECTION - FOOD NEWS
COOKING FILET MIGNON IN OVEN WELL DONE – JUST EASY RECIPE
BEST FILET MIGNON RECIPE OVEN - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
OMAHA STEAKS BACON WRAPPED FILET MIGNON COOKING ...
BEST WAY TO COOK ABSOLUTELY PERFECT FILET MIGNON RECIPE BY ...
HOW TO COOK FILET MIGNON TO ABSOLUTE PERFECTION
COOKING FILET MIGNON ON STOVE - SIMPLE CHEF RECIPE
HOW TO COOK FILET MIGNON - KNOWING AND SHARING
FILET MIGNON EASY RECIPES - VIEW SIMPLE FOOD VIDEOS - FOOD ...
FILET MIGNON FLORENTINE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
FILET MIGNON RECIPES
BEST FILLET STEAK RECIPES / 29+ SIMPLE COOKING VIDEOS ...
FILET MIGNON DINNER RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
HOW TO GRILL FILET MIGNON TIPS - FOOD RECIPE
HOW TO COOK FILET MIGNON PERFECTLY - YOUTUBE
MED RARE STEAK IN OVEN - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
You'll also love