Making your own caramel requires care and attention, but the resulting bubbly, crunchy cinder toffee is worth it.
Provided by Sarah Cook
Categories Snack, Treat
Yield Makes a 20cm square chunk
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Butter a 20cm square tin. Stir the caster sugar and golden syrup together in a deep saucepan over a gentle heat until the sugar has melted. Try not to let the mixture bubble until the sugar grains have disappeared.
- Once completely melted, turn up the heat a little and simmer until you have an amber coloured caramel (this won't take long), then as quickly as you can, turn off the heat, tip in the bicarbonate of soda and beat in with a wooden spoon until it has all disappeared and the mixture is foaming. Scrape into the tin immediately - be careful, the mixture will be very hot.
- The mixture will continue bubbling in the tin, simply leave it and in about 1 hr-1 hr 30 mins the honeycomb will be hard and ready to crumble or snap into chunks.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 94 calories, Fat 0.3 grams fat, SaturatedFat 0.2 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 23 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 23 grams sugar, Sodium 0.5 milligram of sodium
This snack has a sweet peanutty flavor that makes it a satisfying treat for kids of all ages.-Opal Blackmar, Rockford, Illinois
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield about 20 cups.
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Place cereal in a large bowl; set aside. In a saucepan over low heat, stir candy coating and peanut butter until smooth, about 10 minutes., Pour over cereal and stir until well coated. Immediately spread onto two greased baking sheets. Cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts :
- In a large saucepan, gently combine the sugar and water then add the honey and corn syrup. Boil until amber colored and the sugar looks like caramel. Add the baking soda, and with a wooden spoon, stir in gently. It will foam up a lot. Pour the mixture onto a silpat or a piece of parchment paper on a sheet pan, and let cool. Break into pieces.
- Place the cereal in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a saucepan over low heat, stir the confectionary coating and peanut butter until smooth, about 10 minutes. Pour over the cereal; stir until well coated. Immediately spread onto two greased baking sheets; cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.
FRUIT & CEREAL SNACK MIX
Tart dried cranberries and cherries are a nice contrast to the sweet cereal in this kid-friendly snack. It's a great take-along treat. -John Lancaster, Union Grove, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2-1/2 quarts.
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl; toss to combine. Store in airtight containers.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 223 calories, Fat 5g fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 162mg sodium, Carbohydrate 47g carbohydrate (28g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 2g protein.
More about "honeycomb goodies food"
HOW TO USE HONEYCOMB | FN DISH - FOOD NETWORK
10 BEST HONEYCOMB CEREAL RECIPES | YUMMLY
HONEYCOMB SNACKS: STRAIGHT FROM THE SOURCE - PASS THE …
HOW TO EAT HONEYCOMB - DRIZZLE HONEY
CAN YOU EAT HONEYCOMB? BENEFITS, USES, AND DANGERS
HOW TO EAT HONEYCOMB: 8 STEPS (WITH PICTURES) - WIKIHOW
EATING HONEYCOMB: HOW TO ENJOY THIS RARE BEE INSPIRED® TREAT
CHOCOLATE COATED HONEYCOMB CANDY - HOUSE OF NASH EATS
HONEYCOMB: FOOD IN CANADA
HONEYCOMB CEREAL RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
FOODS THAT GO WITH HONEYCOMB AND HOW TO EAT THEM
30 BEST GIFTS FOR FOODIES IN 2022 - FOOD GIFT IDEAS
3-INGREDIENT EASY HONEYCOMB | BEAR NAKED FOOD
PRODUCTS – HONEYCOMB FOODS
HONEYCOMB NATURAL FLAVOURING | FOODIE FLAVOURS
HONEYCOMB GOODIES RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
HONEYCOMB CANDY HOMEMADE RECIPE - A COZY KITCHEN
POST HONEYCOMB BREAKFAST CEREAL: BIG REAL HONEY FLAVOR
THE ORIGINAL - HONEYCOMB CEREAL
10 THINGS TO MAKE WITH HONEYCOMB – ZIYAD
HONEYCOMB: FOR EVERY DIET - HONEYCOMB | FOOD YOU WANT
FAIRY FOOD RECIPE - HONEYCOMB CANDY - SEITAN BEATS YOUR MEAT
BEST EVER HONEYCOMB - TALES FROM THE KITCHEN SHED
WHAT IS HONEYCOMB? | PASS THE HONEY - PASS THE HONEY
5 BENEFITS OF HONEYCOMB YOU DIDN’T KNOW, CAN IT BE EATEN?
GRANDMAMA'S GOODIES A150 HONEYCOMB HONEY BEE HIVE SOAP …
HONEYCOMB CEREAL | POST CONSUMER BRANDS CANADA
BEST HONEYCOMB RECIPES - GOOD HOUSEKEEPING
49 BEST GIFTS FOR FOODIES - UNIQUE FOOD-THEMED GIFTS
HONEYCOMB: WAYS TO USE IT - THE FOODIES' KITCHEN
GOODIES FOODS LTD
24 CHEESE AND HONEYCOMB PAIRING IDEAS | CHEESE, FOOD ... - PINTEREST
HOMEMADE HONEYCOMB CANDY - THE PIONEER WOMAN
YES. HONEYCOMB IS EDIBLE. BUT HOW SHOULD YOU EAT IT?
HONEYCOMB RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
REAL HONEYCOMB IS THE SOUTHERN HOSTESS SECRET TO MAKING A …
GOURMET FOODS – HONEYCOMB KITCHEN SHOP
10 BEST HONEYCOMB CEREAL RECIPES - YUMMLY
RAW HONEYCOMB: 8 GREAT WAYS TO EAT HONEYCOMB
RECIPES WITH HONEYCOMB CEREAL RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
HONEYCOMB CHOCOLATE CHUNKS | BRITISH RECIPES | GOODTO
You'll also love