HOME-STYLE MEAT LOAF
This recipe makes five moist meat loaves that are great for large gatherings.-Allison Craig, Ormstown, Quebec
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 5 meat loaves (12 servings each).
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In two very large bowls, combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble meat over the top and mix well. , Shape into five loaves; place each in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 75-85 minutes or until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 160°. Drain.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 276 calories, Fat 16g fat (6g saturated fat), Cholesterol 95mg cholesterol, Sodium 329mg sodium, Carbohydrate 7g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 24g protein.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, combine the beef, egg, onion, milk and bread OR cracker crumbs. Season with salt and pepper to taste and place in a lightly greased 9x5-inch loaf pan, or form into a loaf and place in a lightly greased 9x13-inch baking dish.
- In a separate small bowl, combine the brown sugar, mustard and ketchup. Mix well and pour over the meatloaf.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 372.1 calories, Carbohydrate 18.5 g, Cholesterol 98 mg, Fat 24.7 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 18.2 g, SaturatedFat 9.9 g, Sodium 334.6 mg, Sugar 8.5 g
HOME-STYLE MEATLOAF WITH MAPLE GLAZE
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray bottom only of 12x8-inch (2-quart) glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. In large bowl, combine all meatloaf ingredients; mix well. Shape mixture into 9x4-inch rectangular loaf in sprayed baking dish. Bake at 350°F. for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, combine glaze ingredients; blend well. Reserve 1/2 cup glaze to serve with meatloaf.
- Remove meatloaf from oven. Drizzle 3 tablespoons remaining glaze over loaf. Return to oven; bake 15 minutes. Drizzle an additional 3 tablespoons glaze over loaf; bake 15 minutes. Drizzle remaining 2 tablespoons glaze over loaf; bake an additional 5 to 10 minutes or until thoroughly cooked in center and meat thermometer registers 160°F. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing. Serve reserved glaze over slices.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 290, Carbohydrate 27 g, Cholesterol 85 mg, Fat 1/2, Fiber 1 g, Protein 20 g, SaturatedFat 4 g, ServingSize 1/8 of Recipe, Sodium 670 mg, Sugar 11 g
MOM'S MEAT LOAF
Mom made the best meatloaf, and now I do, too. When I first met my husband, he didn't care for homemade meatloaf, but this won him over. -Michelle Beran, Claflin, Kansas
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine the first 7 ingredients. Add beef; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into an 8x4-in. loaf in an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan., In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients, stirring to dissolve sugar; remove 1/2 cup for sauce. Spread remaining mixture over meat loaf., Bake 60-65 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with reserved sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 366 calories, Fat 12g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 135mg cholesterol, Sodium 1092mg sodium, Carbohydrate 38g carbohydrate (31g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 26g protein.
Good meatloaf is about as comforting as comfort food gets. Thankfully, meatloaf doesn't have to be complex to be good. It just needs to be tender (from breadcrumbs soaked in milk and gentle handling) and flavorful (from onion, garlic, and ketchup).
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Place bread in food processor; pulse until fine crumbs form. Transfer to a small bowl; stir in milk. Set aside, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine beef, pork, onion, garlic, egg, 1/4 cup ketchup, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add bread-milk mixture, and mix very gently with a fork (do not overmix).
- Place meat mixture on prepared baking sheet, and form into a loaf about 9 inches long and 4 to 5 inches wide.
- Bake, brushing twice with remaining 1/4 cup ketchup during baking, until an instant-read thermometer registers 160 degrees, 45 to 55 minutes. Let meatloaf rest 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 464 g, Fat 33 g, Protein 29 g
When it comes to meatloaf, home-style is the only style that counts! Ours is just like Mom's-tangy with a bit of BBQ sauce, and easy to make.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Reserve 1/4 cup barbecue sauce. Mix remaining barbecue sauce with remaining ingredients just until blended.
- Shape into loaf in 13x9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray. Top with reserved barbecue sauce.
- Bake 1 hour or until done (160ºF).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 310, Fat 11 g, SaturatedFat 4 g, TransFat 0.5 g, Cholesterol 115 mg, Sodium 540 mg, Carbohydrate 25 g, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 9 g, Protein 26 g
PAULA DEEN'S "AKA" BASIC MEATLOAF
I have made this many times and love it! A good old fashioned meatloaf. Great the next day for sandwiches.
Provided by quotFoodThe Way To
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix all meatloaf ingredients well and place in a baking dish. Shape into a loaf.
- Mix ingredients for topping and spread on loaf. Bake for 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 246.6, Fat 12.8, SaturatedFat 4.8, Cholesterol 82.4, Sodium 779.6, Carbohydrate 16, Fiber 1.6, Sugar 9.4, Protein 16.9
Paula Deen's Homestyle Meatloaf is a family-pleaser with the classic flavors you crave
Provided by Paula Deen
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. Spray the foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the chuck, crackers, celery, onions, Worcestershire sauce, 2 tablespoons of the Dijon mustard, the parsley, 1 teaspoon each of the salt and pepper, the eggs and half the can of tomato paste and mix together until just combined.
- Place the white bread on the bottom of a baking sheet and place the beef mixture on top. Shape the mixture into a 12-inch loaf.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar and lemon juice with the remaining tomato paste, Dijon mustard and salt and pepper. Spread the mixture over the meatloaf and tent with aluminum foil. Bake until a meat thermometer registers 165 °F, about 50 minutes. Remove the foil during the last 10 minutes of cooking.
- Let the meatloaf stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Garnish with fresh parsley if desired.
YES, VIRGINIA THERE IS A GREAT MEATLOAF
Absolutely delicious meatloaf and sauce! Those who claim they don't believe there can be such a thing as a great meatloaf will love this. Based on a meatloaf given to me by a dear friend, Virginia Strehl, Memphis, and Leesburg, Fla. Nita Holleman, 2000
Provided by Nita Holleman
Yield 1 meatloaf, 4-5 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Meatloaf: Combine meat loaf ingredients and place into a loaf baking dish.
- Smooth out top.
- Sauce: Combine sauce ingredients and pour on top and sides of meatloaf.
- Bake at 350°F about 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes or until done.
- *The addition of 1 or 2 teaspoons of Kitchen Bouquet® makes this recipe very good.
- **Recipe should be"plump" from the addition of the milk or Half & Half.
- It should NOT be runny.
- ***A second batch of sauce served hot is good to serve with the meatloaf.
- Nita's Note: I note that some of you are using game meat such as deer -- Deer is a very DRY meat. It is wise to HAVE some fat added to the deer -- especially to ground deer. Maybe 25 % fat, ( I recommend 1 lb of ground venison, and 1/2 lb of deer sausage for fat content), otherwise your results will be poor. I don't know about some of the other game meat some are using. Please consult an expert. The recipe is delicious as it stands! Enjoy! Nita Holleman.
I got this recipe out of the Fannie Farmer Boston Cooking School cookbook. It is now my only meatloaf recipe and my family is constantly requesting it. I did change slightly and you can change the ketchup and water to just water or just milk. The Parmesan cheese can be omitted as well. If you prefer you can use any other type of ground beef. And the original recipe called for bacon placed on top.
Provided by elieugene6
Yield 1 8 1/2" x 4 1/2" x 2 1/2" loaf, 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix all ingredients together using hands or potato masher.
- If you prefer more seasoning you can add whatever you prefer.
- Pat into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake one hour at 350.
When it comes to meatloaf recipes, this one is a classic. The meat loaf is topped with an irresistible ketchup and brown sugar glaze. Use the ham loaf variation to get a different take on meatloaf (or to utilize leftovers).
Provided by BHG Test Kitchen
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a medium bowl combine eggs and milk; stir in bread crumbs, onion, parsley, salt, sage, and pepper. Add ground meat. Using clean hands, mix lightly until combined. Lightly pat mixture into an 8x4x2-inch loaf pan.
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until internal temperature registers 160 degrees F. Spoon off fat. In a bowl combine ketchup, sugar, and mustard; spread over meat. Bake for 10 minutes more. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting into eight slices.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 225 kcal, Carbohydrate 13 g, Cholesterol 108 mg, Protein 19 g, SaturatedFat 4 g, Sodium 676 mg, Sugar 7 g, Fat 10 g, UnsaturatedFat 5 g
GRANDMA'S OLD FASHIONED MEATLOAF
Find more fantabulous recipes, tips and tricks at www.thekitchenwhisperer.net. Also, join our TKW Family on Facebook
Provided by The Kitchen Whisperer
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 350F, rack in the middle. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly spray. In a large bowl add the oats and milk and gently mix. Set aside for 15 minutes to allow the oats to soak in the milk.
- After 15 minutes strain out the milk into a separate container but do not discard. *If there is no milk left, it's OK. Some brands of oats suck up all the milk while others do not.
- In the bowl the oats are in, add the ground beef, eggs, Worcestershire sauce, steak seasoning, garlic, onions, ketchup, and 3 tablespoon of tomato soup.
- Just combine but try not to overwork it as it will get tough. If the mixture is too wet, add in 1-2 more tablespoon of oats (don't worry if they aren't soaked). If too dry, add in the milk 1-2 tablespoon at a time. If you have no milk left as your oats sucked it all up just add more milk or water. You want the mixture to be pretty moist but firm enough to hold a shape.
- In the bowl gently press together.
- Transfer the mixture to the baking sheet and using your hands, form a loaf that is about 12 inches long, 6 inches wide, and about 2 1/2 inches tall. The loaf should be smooth and have rounded edges. This will help the loaf stay together when serving.
- Bake for 30 minutes, remove from the oven, and spread the remaining tomato soup on top of the meatloaf.
- Continue baking for another 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 10-15 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 264 calories, Sugar 6.9 g, Sodium 428.6 mg, Fat 13 g, SaturatedFat 40.6 g, TransFat 0 g, Carbohydrate 21 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 14 g, Cholesterol 86.7 mg
HOME-STYLE MEATLOAF WITH GARLIC SMASHED POTATOES
From FoodFit.com: Found this recipe for my DH. I still hate meatloaf, but I make this for him and he says, "Likey, Likey."
Provided by Bippie
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a skillet. Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes. Add the garlic, cook 2 minutes more and set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, thoroughly combine the ketchup, 1/4 cup bbq sauce, egg, breadcrumbs, parsley, salt, pepper and the cooled onion mixture. Add the turkey and beef sirloin and mix until just combined.
- Pack the mixture into a 9-inch loaf pan, brush the top with the remaining bbq sauce and bake covered for 1 hour. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
- Slice off top of garlic bulb and drizzle with olive oil. Place in aluminum foil or ovenproof dish in same preheated oven as the meatloaf for 15-20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Boil the potatoes in a large pot of water until done, about 10-15 minutes depending on the size of the potatoes.
- In a small saucepan, bring the stock to a boil and turn down to a simmer.
- Squeeze the roasted garlic cloves into a small bowl to release each clove of garlic. Throw the skins away and mash garlic with a fork.
- Drain the potatoes and mash (with their skins on). Add the roasted garlic. Slowly add the stock until the desired consistency is reached.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 425.9, Fat 17.7, SaturatedFat 5.7, Cholesterol 100.8, Sodium 833.1, Carbohydrate 37.3, Fiber 3, Sugar 5.8, Protein 28.9
Momma's Meatloaf is a classic meatloaf that has the best flavor ever! This meatloaf recipe is easy to make, holds together, and has the best glaze on top!
Provided by Rachel Farnsworth
Categories Main Dish
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9x13 pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, knead together the ground beef, onion, bread crumbs, milk, egg, Worcestershire sauce, salt, basil, oregano, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Shape the meat into a loaf and put it into the prepared pan. Bake in the 350 degree oven for 45 minutes.
- Mix up the glaze in a small bowl by whisking together the ketchup, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce. Brush it over the hot meatloaf.
- Increase the oven temperature to 400 degrees and bake an additional 15 minutes, or until the meatloaf reaches an internal temperature of 160 degrees F.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 324 kcal, Carbohydrate 22 g, Protein 36 g, Fat 9 g, SaturatedFat 4 g, Cholesterol 96 mg, Sodium 896 mg, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 8 g, ServingSize 1 serving
Keep this meatloaf recipe handy: It's the only one you'll need.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment.
- Combine the meatloaf mix, breadcrumbs, parsley, eggs, onion, garlic, 1/4 cup of the ketchup, 1 tablespoon of the Worcestershire, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a large mixing bowl. Using your hands, mix together until well combined.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking sheet and form it into a compact oval-shaped loaf about 9 inches by 5 inches. Bake the meatloaf for 30 minutes.
- Stir the brown sugar together with the remaining 1/4 cup ketchup and 1 teaspoon Worcestershire in a small bowl for the glaze. Brush the top and sides of the meatloaf all over with the glaze. Return to the oven and bake until the glaze starts to caramelize and a thermometer inserted in the center of the meatloaf registers 160 degrees F, about 25 minutes more. Let rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
MEATLOAF WITH BROWN GRAVY
- About 15 minutes before the meatloaf is done baking, heat the jar or can of gravy in a saucepan or prepare gravy following the instructions on the packets of dry gravy mix.
- Let the meatloaf rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 366 kcal, Carbohydrate 8 g, Cholesterol 149 mg, Fiber 1 g, Protein 36 g, SaturatedFat 8 g, Sodium 623 mg, Sugar 1 g, Fat 20 g, ServingSize 8 Servings, UnsaturatedFat 0 g
- Gather the ingredients. Pre-heat the oven to 350 F.
- Grease an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2-inch loaf pan or line it with foil and then lightly grease it. Alternatively, for a free-form loaf, line a rimmed baking pan with foil.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef with the crushed saltines, onion, green pepper, egg, paprika, garlic powder, salt, thyme, black pepper, 1/3 cup of ketchup , milk, and Worcestershire sauce .
- Pack the meat mixture into the loaf pan or shape it and place it on the baking pan.
- Bake the meatloaf for 1 hour. Carefully pour excess grease into a can or jar (dispose of it in the trash after it cools).
- Spread the meatloaf with 1/2 to 3/4 cup of ketchup or barbecue sauce and continue baking for 15 minutes longer, or until the meatloaf registers at least 160 F on an instant-read food thermometer inserted into the center. (If you have instead swapped ground turkey or chicken for the beef, cook the loaf to an internal temperature of 165 F.)
- Let the meatloaf rest for ten minutes before slicing so it holds together well. Then, serve and enjoy!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 638 kcal, Carbohydrate 35 g, Cholesterol 198 mg, Fiber 2 g, Protein 51 g, SaturatedFat 12 g, Sodium 1053 mg, Sugar 17 g, Fat 32 g, ServingSize 4 servings, UnsaturatedFat 0 g
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) .
- Combine ground beef, ground sausage, crushed crackers, ketchup, onion, eggs, onion powder, and garlic powder in a large bowl until mixed thoroughly, using your hands for best results. Form mixture into a loaf shape.
- Weave strips of bacon into a basket weave pattern. Place meatloaf in the center and carefully lift and transfer to a loaf pan, so bacon is on the bottom and sides of the pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until no longer pink in the center, about 1 1/2 hours. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Allow to sit for 5 minutes before carefully flipping onto a platter.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 402.6 calories, Carbohydrate 9.2 g, Cholesterol 149.1 mg, Fat 28.4 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 26.7 g, SaturatedFat 10.2 g, Sodium 1112.5 mg, Sugar 7 g
When it's comfort that you seek, nothing satisfies quite like a classic meatloaf. And if you don't have a go-to recipe, we offer you this one. It skips any fussy steps and avoids exotic ingredients. This is pure and simple, the perfectly seasoned, down-home version you remember from way way back. So next time you're missing mama's cooking or need a meal that'll go over well with the whole fam, turn to this can't-miss recipe.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, mix Meatloaf ingredients well. Press mixture in ungreased 8x4-inch loaf pan. Bake 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Spread 1/4 cup ketchup evenly over top. Bake an additional 15 to 20 minutes or until meat thermometer inserted in center of loaf reads 160°F. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 270, Carbohydrate 23 g, Cholesterol 110 mg, Fiber 1 g, Protein 19 g, SaturatedFat 4 1/2 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 470 mg, Sugar 9 g, TransFat 0 g
More about "home style meatloaf food"
HOME-STYLE MEATLOAF SANDWICHES | RECIPE - RACHAEL RAY SHOW
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
- Gently mix all ingredients together except 1/2 cup ketchup using a fork or stiff fingers—do not squish the meat together, or you might get a tough loaf
- Form into a loaf in the center of a glass baking dish and smear remaining 1/2 cup ketchup on top
- I like ultra-caramelized ketchup, and this method creates a crusty tomato top that begs to be made into a sandwich! Place loaf in the fridge to firm up for sandwich slices the next day
HOME-STYLE MEATLOAF RECIPES - TASTESSENCE
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
HOMESTYLE MEATLOAF | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY RECIPE COMMUNITY!
HOME-STYLE MEAT LOAF RECIPE | MYRECIPES
4.5/5 (14)Calories 242 per servingServings 6
- Combine 1/2 cup ketchup, oats, and next 6 ingredients (oats through egg whites) in a large bowl. Add meat; stir just until blended. Shape meat mixture into an 8 x 4-inch loaf on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Brush 1/4 cup ketchup over meat loaf. Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 10 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
MOMMA'S BEST MEATLOAF RECIPE (+VIDEO ... - THE COUNTRY COOK
Ratings 28Total Time 1 hr 25 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 428 per serving
HOMESTYLE MEATLOAF RECIPE - FOOD.COM
4/5 (1)Total Time 55 minsCategory MeatCalories 364 per serving
HOMESTYLE MEATLOAF - SIMPLY SCRATCH
4.6/5 (26)Total Time 1 hr 25 minsCategory Mains & EntreesCalories 303 per serving
HOME-STYLE MEAT LOAF RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
Servings 4Total Time 45 mins
HOME-STYLE MEATLOAF RECIPE - LIFEMADEDELICIOUS.CA
Servings 6Total Time 1 hr 20 minsCategory EntreeCalories 270 per serving
MEATLOAF RECIPES YOU NEED THIS FALL | CHEAPISM.COM
Author Lacey Muszynski
HOMESTYLE MEATLOAF RECIPE - TASTEGURU.COM
Category Main CourseEstimated Reading Time 2 mins
HOME-STYLE MEATLOAF RECIPE - OVE GLOVE OVEN MITT
HOW TO MAKE HOME-STYLE MEATLOAF VIDEO - BETTYCROCKER.COM
HOME STYLE PLANT-BASED MEATLOAF - KITCHEN ALCHEMY
RECIPE FOR HOME STYLE MEATLOAF - MOM'S MEATLOAF
HOME STYLE MEATLOAF RECIPES
HOME-STYLE BEEF MEATLOAF NUTRITION FACTS - EAT THIS MUCH
MEATLOAF RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
TIPS ABOUT LIFE:CLASSIC HOME STYLE MEATLOAF - RECIPE ...
MEATLOAF RECIPES - BBC GOOD FOOD
MEATLOAF RECIPE TASTE OF HOME RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
EASY MEATLOAF RECIPES
HOME STYLE MEAT LOAF FROM BETTY CROCKER RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
GLAZED HOME STYLE MEATLOAF | RECIPES.NET - YOUTUBE
HOME-STYLE MEATLOAF DINNER, AS SERVED MACROS - KETOGENIC.COM
RECIPES FOR DEER MEATLOAF - 21+ BEST RECIPE VIDEOS - FOOD ...
MEATLOAF RECIPES : FOOD NETWORK | FOOD NETWORK
HOME-STYLE GLAZED MEAT LOAF RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT - FOOD NEWS
HEALTHY MEATLOAF RECIPES | EATINGWELL
You'll also love