Share your sympathies with this no-fail recipe for funeral sandwiches (also known as party sandwiches), and you'll be offering an outstretched hand of comfort that gives and gives. Any way you look at it, these sandwiches are a crowd-pleaser. They're easy to prepare and just as easy to eat. This popular appetizer can easily double as dinner, making it a go-to dish for sharing with friends and neighbors in need. A few simple ingredients-a Hawaiian roll, deli-style ham, mustard, and cheese-combine to create a ham sandwich that is so much greater than the sum of its parts. It's warm and filling and a must for supper spreads, from funerals to church homecomings, and every moment in between. Once prepared, the sandwiches are baked in a big batch, making prep for a crowd as easy as can be. Add this simple recipe to your rotation, and you'll never take it out. Make some today, and you'll see why.
Provided by Southern Living Editors
Yield Makes 100 sandwiches
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Beat butter and next 3 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until blended.
- Split rolls horizontally without separating; spread butter mixture evenly over bottom halves. Top with ham, cheese, and remaining halves of rolls.
- Bake at 350° for 15 minutes.
FUNERAL SLIDERS (HOT HAM AND CHEESE SLIDERS)
Funeral Sandwiches are delicious ham and cheese sliders you can make as an easy appetizer recipe or as a family friendly meal. Full of warm salty ham, nutty Swiss cheese and topped with a tangy Dijon butter sauce, these mini slider sandwiches are nothing to be sad about!
Provided by Deanne Frieders
Categories Main Dish Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Cut entire package of rolls in half horizontally. Place bottom half in a 9x9 ovenproof baking dish. Layer ham and Swiss cheese over bottom half. Replace the top of the rolls.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together dijon mustard, melted butter, onion powder and Worcestershire sauce.Pour sauce over the rolls, just covering the tops. Cover with foil and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Uncover and cook for additional 2 minutes until tops are slightly browned and crisp. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 136 calories, Carbohydrate 2 grams carbohydrates, Cholesterol 40 milligrams cholesterol, Fat 10 grams fat, Fiber 0 grams fiber, Protein 11 grams protein, SaturatedFat 5 grams saturated fat, ServingSize 1, Sodium 583 milligrams sodium, Sugar 0 grams sugar, TransFat 0 grams trans fat, UnsaturatedFat 3 grams unsaturated fat
- Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray. Place ham and Swiss cheese slices on the bottom of the rolls and cover with roll tops.
- Mix butter, brown sugar, Worcestershire, mustard, and poppy seeds together in a small bowl and spoon over sandwich tops. Let sit, 4 hours to overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden and cheese is melted, about 25 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 418.5 calories, Carbohydrate 46 g, Cholesterol 79.7 mg, Fat 12.3 g, Fiber 2.4 g, Protein 19.9 g, SaturatedFat 11.1 g, Sodium 559.3 mg, Sugar 2.6 g
More about "funeral sandwiches recipe 435 food"
80 FUNERAL SANDWICH IDEAS IN 2022 | FUNERAL …
THE BEST SANDWICHES IN WARRENTON (UPDATED SEPTEMBER 2022
THE BEST SANDWICHES IN WARRENTON - TRIPADVISOR
HAM AND CHEESE SANDWICH DELIVERY IN WARRENTON
RECIPE | FUNERAL SANDWICHES, FUNERAL FOOD, RECIPES - PINTEREST
EASY LUNCH RECIPES TO SPICE UP YOUR DAY | WARRENTON TOYOTA
42 FUNERAL SANDWICHES IDEAS | FUNERAL SANDWICHES, RECIPES, FOOD
25 BEST FUNERAL SANDWICHES IDEAS | SANDWICHES, COOKING RECIPES, FOOD
FUNERAL SANDWICHES RECIPE - SHESAVED®
DELICIOUS FUNERAL SANDWICH RECIPE - THEFOODXP
40 COMFORTING FUNERAL FOODS FOR THOSE IN NEED - TASTE …
FUNERAL SANDWICHES RECIPE | EVER LOVED
55+ BEST EASY COMFORTING FUNERAL FOOD RECIPES » URNS
WOMAN SHARES RECIPE FOR ‘FUNERAL SANDWICHES’ AND PEOPLE HAVE …
FUNERAL SANDWICHES RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD - STEVEHACKS
FUNERAL SANDWICHES RECIPES - THE RECIPES HACK
FUNERAL SANDWICHES RECIPE - THESUPERHEALTHYFOOD
You'll also love