EASY DEVILED EGGS
This adopted recipe has already received many good reviews and is the way I have always fixed deviled eggs. Since these are just basic deviled eggs, use your imagination and add anything you want. Double or triple the recipe if desired. Cooking time includes time to cook the eggs.
Provided by GrandmaIsCooking
Categories < 15 Mins
Yield 6 deviled eggs, 3 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Cut eggs lengthwise into halves.
- Slip out yolks and mash well with a fork.
- Mix in remaining ingredients.
- Fill whites with yolk mixture, heaping it up lightly.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 72.1, Fat 4.8, SaturatedFat 1.6, Cholesterol 186, Sodium 80.5, Carbohydrate 0.4, Sugar 0.2, Protein 6.3
This recipe was my Mother's and she taught me to make them. My sons and their families always request these eggs for all family get-together dinners.
Provided by Nurslinda
Categories < 60 Mins
Yield 12 egg halves, 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Peel shells off cooled hard-boiled eggs; slice into halves lengthwise.
- Remove yolks from whites and place in a small round bowl.
- Mash yolks with a fork into fine pieces.
- Add 2 heaping tablespoons Mayonnaise, yellow mustard, diced gherkins and finely chopped jalapeno (seeds removed), and salt and black pepper to taste.
- Stir mixture until creamy.
- Spoon mixture into a zip-lock sandwich bag; seal bag and snip off one corner of the bag.
- Squeeze mixture out of corner of bag into egg white halves.
- Sprinkle tops of filled deviled eggs with paprika.
- Chill in refrigerator 1 to 2 hours or until cold before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 81.3, Fat 5.4, SaturatedFat 1.6, Cholesterol 186.5, Sodium 261.1, Carbohydrate 1.3, Fiber 0.3, Sugar 0.9, Protein 6.5
- Put the eggs in a large saucepan with enough water to cover by 2 inches.
- Add some salt.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- As soon as it boils, take the pan off the heat, cover, and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Pour off the hot water, fill the pan with cold water, and let stand about 10 more minutes.
- Gently crack the shells under water to loosen, then remove the shells.
- Halve the eggs and scoop out the yolks.
- Mash the yolks well, then add the remaining ingredients except the chervil or chives.
- Mix well.
- Taste, adjust the seasonings.
- Fill the egg halves withe the filling.
- Can be prepared about 4 hours before serving.
- Sprinkle with the chervil or chives just prior to serving.
CLASSIC DEVILED EGGS
- Place eggs in a single layer in a saucepan and cover with enough water that there's 1 1/2 inches of water above the eggs. Heat on high until water begins to boil, then cover, turn the heat to low, and cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat and leave covered for 14 minutes, then rinse under cold water continuously for 1 minute.
- Crack egg shells and carefully peel under cool running water. Gently dry with paper towels. Slice the eggs in half lengthwise, removing yolks to a medium bowl, and placing the whites on a serving platter. Mash the yolks into a fine crumble using a fork. Add mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper, and mix well.
- Evenly disperse heaping teaspoons of the yolk mixture into the egg whites. Sprinkle with paprika and serve.
- Fill a large pot with enough water to cover the eggs, then bring to a boil. Using a slotted spoon gently lower the eggs into the boiling water. Cover and let simmer for 10 minutes. Remove the eggs from the heat and run under cold water until completely cooled.
- Peel the eggs, cut in half and scoop out the yolks into a medium bowl. Add the mayo, mustard, pickles, pickle juice, sugar, vinegar, hot sauce and salt and pepper to taste, and mix with a fork until well combined.
- Using a small spoon, fill each egg white half with a generous teaspoon of filling. Lightly sprinkle with paprika to garnish.
- Shell the eggs & cut them in half, lengthwise.
- Remove the yolks & set aside in a bowl.
- Mix together the mayo, mustard, salt & white pepper. Blend well; add the relish or pickles & mix well. Set aside.
- Mash the yolks & add to the mayo mixture.
- Place yolk mixture into hollow of each egg white by either spooning or piping it.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- If your egg mixture is too thick, you can add a 1/4 Teaspoon of pickle juice to the egg mixture.
This is one of my favorite side dishes and always my favorite at any party! This dish is super quick easy to make and tastes delicious !
Provided by tiffanycala
Yield Serves 12
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Boil the eggs.Bring water to a boil and add the eggs.Cook for 12 minutes( water should cover eggs)
- Place the eggs in ice bath or simply cold water and let chill 5 minutes.
- Peel the eggs and slice lengthwise. Scoop yolks in separate bowl and place the eggs whites on extra plate.
- Add all the other ingredients (except paprika powder) to the yolks and mix until creamy.
- Scoop mixture into the egg whites and sprinkle with paprika powder and enjoy ! - to make it look extra nice you can use a pastry bag to fill the eggs.
EASTER DEVILED EGGS
- Place eggs into a large saucepan, cover with cold water, and bring to a boil. Let eggs boil for 3 minutes; turn off heat, cover pot, and let eggs cook in hot water for at least 20 minutes. Drain and cover eggs with cold water. Peel cooled eggs.
- Cut hard-cooked eggs in half lengthwise and remove yolks; mash yolks in a bowl with creamy salad dressing, salt, black pepper, hot sauce, and dry mustard until smooth.
- Place red, blue, and green food coloring into 3 different bowls and add about 1 cup water to each bowl. Steep 8 egg white halves in each bowl, tinting the egg whites pink, light blue, and green. If color is too pale, add more coloring to bowls. Drain colored egg whites on paper towels.
- Pipe or spoon egg yolk filling into colored egg white halves; cover and chill before serving, at least 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 86.8 calories, Carbohydrate 1.1 g, Cholesterol 187.7 mg, Fat 6.3 g, Protein 6.3 g, SaturatedFat 1.7 g, Sodium 128.6 mg, Sugar 1.1 g
DEVILED DEVILED EGGS
Onions, mustard and just a bit of hot pepper sauce give these creamy deviled eggs their devilish reputation.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 12 servings
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Cut eggs lengthwise in half. Remove yolks; place in small bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Spoon into centers of whites.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 60, Fat 4 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 95 mg, Sodium 80 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 0 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 3 g
SOUTHERN DEVILED EGGS
- Carefully remove the egg yolks.
- Mash with the back of a fork.
- Add the mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, salt, white pepper and Worcestershire sauce.
- Stir until well blended.
- Fill the egg halves with the yolk mixture.
- Keep refrigerated until served.
- Sprinkle with paprika for color if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 39.1, Fat 2.7, SaturatedFat 0.8, Cholesterol 93.2, Sodium 59.4, Carbohydrate 0.3, Sugar 0.3, Protein 3.2
- Place eggs in saucepan and cover with water. Bring to boil. Cover, remove from heat, and let eggs sit in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water and cool in ice water.
- Peel and cut in half lengthwise. Remove yolks and combine with mustard, salad dressing and salt and pepper. Mix together until smooth.
- Refill each egg half with the yolk mixture and sprinkle with paprika.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 77.3 calories, Carbohydrate 0.7 g, Cholesterol 186.6 mg, Fat 5.5 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 6.3 g, SaturatedFat 1.6 g, Sodium 88.3 mg, Sugar 0.6 g
More about "deviled eggs food"
20 BEST DEVILED EGG RECIPES | HOW TO MAKE DEVILED EGGS ...
HOW TO MAKE DEVILED EGGS | COOKING SCHOOL | FOOD …
Author Food Network Kitchen
12 DEVILED EGG RECIPES THAT WILL GET THE PARTY STARTED
HEALTHY DEVILED EGGS RECIPE - FANNETASTIC FOOD
DEVILED EGGS - MAMA LOVES FOOD
BEST DEVILED EGGS - FOOD FOLKS AND FUN
DEVILED EGG - WIKIPEDIA
BEST SQUARE DEVILED EGGS RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
DEVILED EGGS | THE FOOD PROCESSOR
DEVILED EGGS - I AM A FOOD BLOG
HOW TO COLOR DEVILED EGGS (COLORED EGG WHITES) | CREATED ...
DEVILED EGGS RECIPES - MY FOOD AND FAMILY
CLASSIC DEVILED EGGS - THE FOOD CHARLATAN
THE SECRET INGREDIENT FOR BEST-EVER DEVILED EGGS | TASTE ...
HOW TO MAKE BEAUTIFUL PASTEL COLORED DEVILED EGGS FOR EASTER!
20 MINUTE DEVILED EGG MACARONI SALAD - MIDWEST FOODIE
EASY DEVILED EGGS RECIPES & IDEAS | FOOD & WINE
DEVILED EGGS RECIPE - EDNA LEWIS, SCOTT PEACOCK | FOOD & WINE
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST DEVILED EGGS (EASY RECIPE, VIDEO AND ...
~THE HISTORY OF DEVILED IN DEVILED EGGS & OTHER FOOD ...
DEVILED EGGS | UNL FOOD
DEVILED EGGS RECIPES : FOOD NETWORK | FOOD NETWORK
DEVILED EGG RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
DEVILLED EGGS RECIPE - BBC FOOD
GREAT DEVILED EGGS RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
DEVILED EGGS CUSTOM FOOD - BLOGGER
DEVILED EGGS - CRAVING HOME COOKED
HOW TO MAKE DEVILED EGGS - IDEAS & RECIPES | FOOD & WINE
THE BEST DEVILED EGG RECIPES | FOOD & WINE
CLASSIC DEVILED EGGS - TIDYMOM®
FOOD WISHES VIDEO RECIPES: RECIPE 666: DEVILED EGGS – DAMN ...
DEVILED EGGS - A CLASSIC PARTY FINGER FOOD RECIPE | HEARTH ...
DEVILED EGGS - FAVORITE FAMILY RECIPES
DEVILED EGGS - CLASSIC RECIPE - AMANDA'S COOKIN' - APPETIZERS
DEVILED EGGS ⋆ 100 DAYS OF REAL FOOD
DEVILED EGGS – SMITTEN KITCHEN
DEVILED EGGS - SOUTHERN LIVING
SHAKSHUKA DEVILED EGGS | FOOD & WINE
You'll also love