CRACKLIN CORNBREAD RECIPE
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Put the butter in the center of an 8" cast iron skillet and place it in the oven so it can get sizzling hot.
- Mix all of the dry ingredients, including cracklins in a large bowl.
- Mix the wet ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients. The batter will be very thick.
- Take the skillet out of the oven and pour the batter into the hot skillet.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 375 degrees F.
- Return the skillet to the oven and bake the cornbread for 25 minutes.
- Remove the cornbread from the oven and place the skillet on a heatproof trivet or hot pad.
- Allow the cornbread to cool for 5 minutes before cutting and serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 257 calories, Carbohydrate 31 grams carbohydrates, Cholesterol 78 milligrams cholesterol, Fat 11 grams fat, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 9 grams protein, SaturatedFat 3 grams saturated fat, ServingSize 1, Sodium 333 milligrams sodium, Sugar 2 grams sugar, TransFat 0 grams trans fat, UnsaturatedFat 8 grams unsaturated fat
BEST CRACKLING CORNBREAD
This recipe was my Grandmothers which I got from my mother. I added to it and made what I think is the best tasting cornbread that has ever been (just my opinion). I have made this for my family for years and also have used this same recipe to make 500 little 1 oz muffins that we use in Chili cookoffs as well as in Brunswick Stew cookoffs. This recipe is for a batch that will make a large 10" cast Iron skillet of cornbread or will make about 5 dozen of the 1oz muffins. Hope you enjoy. Mr. "T"
Provided by Mr. quotTquot
Yield 60 1-oz muffins, 8-60 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.,.
- Grease frying pan or spray muffin tins with pam.
- Chop the onion into 1/8" - 1/4" cubes or pieces.
- Seed the jalapenos and chop into 1/8" pieces.
- Cut the cheese into 1/8" - 1/4" cubes or pieces.
- In large mixing bowl add 2 cups cornmeal.
- In small mixing bowl add 1 egg and beat, add buttermilk and mix well.
- Add egg & buttermilk mixture to cornmeal and mix well.
- Add the onions, jalapenos, cheese to the cornmeal and mix well.
- Add the cracklins to the cornmeal mixture and mix well.
- If the mixture is to thick add the reserved corn liquid and mix well.
- Fill the frying pan or the corn muffin tins and bake in the preheated oven for 12 to 15 minute or untill golden brown. Enjoy.
This cornbread has crushed fried pork rinds in it. Haven't tried it. Just sounded interesting so I'm posting here to try in the future.
Provided by mailbelle
Yield 9 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease 8x8 inch sqare baking pan. In a large bowl, stir together the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, beat together the milk, eggs, and butter. Add the cornmeal-flour mixture and stir until just combined. Stir in the pork rinds.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in the pan and cut into 9 squares.
Put some Southern-fried crackle in your next batch of cornbread by adding coarsely crushed fried pork rinds.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield Makes 16 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Beat eggs, dressing and milk in large bowl. Stir in corn muffin mix just until moistened. Add pork rings; mix lightly.
- Spoon evenly into greased 13x9-inch baking pan; smooth top.
- Bake 25 to 30 min. or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 170, Fat 6 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 30 mg, Sodium 370 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 4 g
CRACKLIN' BREAD II
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (220 degrees C). Grease a 9x9 inch square baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the egg, shortening and buttermilk. In a separate bowl, stir together the cornmeal, sugar, flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until smooth, then stir in the pork cracklin's. Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until center is set and the top is slightly brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 205.9 calories, Carbohydrate 22.4 g, Cholesterol 31.2 mg, Fat 8.5 g, Fiber 0.9 g, Protein 9.5 g, SaturatedFat 2.6 g, Sodium 661.7 mg, Sugar 4.6 g
CRACKLING CORN BREAD
This recipe came to The Times in 2010, part of a Pete Wells's Cooking With Dexter column about Laura Ingalls Wilder. "She also described cooking and eating as attentively and movingly as any author I know," he wrote of the "Little House on the Prairie" writer. Inspired, he bought a copy of "The Little House Cookbook," by Barbara M. Walker, whose recipe for cracklings relies on just pork fat and an optional seasoning. He incorporates cracklings into this corn bread, but cooked bacon is also a worthy substitute for that porky flavor.
Provided by Pete Wells
Categories easy, quick, side dish
Yield Serves 8
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Put the butter or bacon grease in an 8- or 9-inch cast-iron skillet and set over a medium-low flame. Heat until the bubbling subsides.
- Meanwhile, combine the dry ingredients in a bowl and gradually stir in the buttermilk. Add the eggs and cracklings or bacon. Stir in the melted butter or grease and pour the batter into the hot skillet. Bake for 25 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool 15 minutes, then invert over a plate or cooling rack. Serve warm. The cracklings respond especially well if the corn bread is toasted the next day.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 242, UnsaturatedFat 7 grams, Carbohydrate 26 grams, Fat 13 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 6 grams, SaturatedFat 5 grams, Sodium 357 milligrams, Sugar 3 grams, TransFat 0 grams
- Preheat an oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Stir together the cornmeal, salt, and baking soda in a bowl; set aside. Place the shortening into a 9 inch cast iron skillet, and place into the oven until the skillet is hot and the shortening has melted.
- Bring some water to a boil in a small saucepan. Add the pork cracklings and boil until tender, 5 to 8 minutes. Once tender, drain, and reserve. Meanwhile, beat the egg in a bowl along with the jalapeno pepper and buttermilk; stir in the cracklings. Stir in the cornmeal mixture until moistened, then pour the batter into the preheated skillet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the top of the cornbread is brown, and it feels firm to the touch, 30 to 40 minutes. Turn out onto a serving plate and cut into wedges; serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 253.8 calories, Carbohydrate 20.4 g, Cholesterol 52.8 mg, Fat 11.8 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 13.5 g, SaturatedFat 3.8 g, Sodium 1288.5 mg, Sugar 2.5 g
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sift dry ingredients into a mixing bowl and stir to combine. Add milk and stir to combine. Fold in cracklins. Form batter into oblong cakes the size you desire and then roll in shortening. Bake in a greased baking dish for 30 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
AGE-OL' CRACKLIN' BREAD
From GULLAH HOME COOKING THE DAUFUSKIE WAY. I like crackling cornbread about 2 times a year. This is one that I find good and simple.
Provided by mightyro_cooking4u
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Mix all the dry ingrediets together. Add the milk and stir untl smooth. Fold in the cracklin's. Pour into a hot, greased skillet or greased 13x9-inch baking pan. Bake 30 to 45 minutes in a preheated 350 degree oven until brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 158.6, Fat 2, SaturatedFat 0.7, Cholesterol 3, Sodium 514.8, Carbohydrate 31.1, Fiber 2.1, Sugar 1.7, Protein 4.4
CRACKLIN' BREAD I
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degree C).
- In a 10 inch oven-proof skillet, fry the pork till crisp. Add onion, and cook till just tender. Drain off liquid fat, and reserve 2 tablespoons.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine corn meal, flour, baking powder, soda, and salt. Combine eggs, honey, buttermilk, and juice: mix into cornmeal mixture. Stir in pork and onions.
- Return reserved fat to skillet, and heat till very hot. Pour batter into skillet. Transfer to oven, and bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 225.7 calories, Carbohydrate 33.2 g, Cholesterol 65 mg, Fat 5.9 g, Fiber 2.1 g, Protein 10.7 g, SaturatedFat 1.8 g, Sodium 609 mg, Sugar 8.3 g
CRACKLING CORN BREAD DRESSING
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Sauté bacon in heavy large skillet over medium heat until crisp. Using slotted spoon, transfer bacon to paper towels; drain. Reserve 1/4 cup drippings; brush 13x9x2-inch baking dish with some remaining bacon drippings (or melted butter, if needed).
- Crumble corn bread into large bowl. Mix in celery, onion, pecans, sage, and reserved 1/4 cup bacon drippings and bacon. Season with pepper. Beat eggs and broth in medium bowl to blend; stir into dressing mixture. Transfer dressing to prepared dish. Bake dressing until cooked through and golden, about 35 minutes.
CRACKLING CORNBREAD PATTIES - PORK RIND CORNBREAD PATTIES
Cracklings are sold as pork rinds in the store and are known as chicharrons in Spanish. They are the crisp bits left after fat has been thoroughly rendered. This dish is a direct descendant of corn pone. From the Southern chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947
Provided by Molly53
Yield 8-10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Preheat oil to about 350°F in a large skillet.
- Mix corn meal, water and salt; add the crushed cracklings.
- Form into oval patties and fry until golden brown.
- Place in a hot oven to finish crisping.
SOUTHERN CRACKLIN' CORNBREAD
This is some of the best southern cornbread in the world. As we say in the south, it'll make you slap your mama.
Provided by southern chef in lo
Yield 15-20 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Combine the cornmeal, soda, and salt; stir in the eggs and buttermilk.
- Heat the bacon drippings in a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan until very hot. Add the hot dripping and cracklings to batter, mixing well.
- Pour batter into hot pan. Bake at 450°F for 25 minutes or until bread is golden. Cut into squares.
CRACKLING CORN BREAD
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Sauté chopped bacon in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat until brown and crisp. Using slotted spoon, transfer bacon to paper towels; drain. Reserve 6 tablespoons drippings from skillet. Brush 10-inch-diameter ovenproof skillet with 2 tablespoons reserved drippings. Place skillet in oven to heat.Whisk cornmeal, salt, baking soda and baking powder in medium bowl to blend. Add buttermilk, egg and remaining 4 tablespoons reserved drippings. Whisk until just blended; mix in sautéed bacon. Pour batter into hot skillet. Bake corn bread until firm to touch and golden, about 25 minutes. Turn corn bread out onto rack and cool. (Corn bread can be prepared 1 day ahead. Wrap in foil; store at room temperature.)
More about "crackling corn bread food"
GRANNIE'S CRACKLIN' CORNBREAD RECIPE | MYRECIPES
5/5 (7)Total Time 39 minsServings 8-10
- Stir together buttermilk, eggs, and cracklings; add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened. Pour over melted butter in hot skillet.
TIA MOWRY'S CRACKLING CORNBREAD RECIPE - TODAY.COM
CRACKLING CORNBREAD - SPICY SOUTHERN KITCHEN
CRACKLING BREAD - TASTE OF SOUTHERN
CRACKLIN' CORNBREAD FROM 'HERITAGE' - SERIOUS EATS
CRACKLING CORN BREAD - THE NEW YORK TIMES
HOW TO MAKE CRACKLIN’ CORN BREAD – JOE PASTRY
CRACKLIN CORNBREAD COOKED ON THE GRIDDLE - YOUTUBE
CRACKLIN CORN PONE BREAD - THINK TASTY
MRS. HARRIS'S CRACKLING CORN BREAD RECIPE - MARY HARRIS | FOOD
EASY CRACKLIN' CORNBREAD - CORNBREAD MILLIONAIRE
CRACKLING CORNBREAD - YOUTUBE
SOUTHERN CRACKLIN' CORNBREAD RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
CRACKLIN' CORNBREAD - CORNBREAD MILLIONAIRE
CRACKLING CORN BREAD - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
CRACKLINS FOR CORNBREAD - THERESCIPES.INFO
CRACKLING CORNBREAD | RECIPE | SWEET CORNBREAD, CORNBREAD, FOOD
CRACKLING CORNBREAD RECIPE | MYRECIPES
LOUISIANA CRACKLIN’ CORNBREAD - PAULA DEEN MAGAZINE
CRACKLIN' CORNBREAD – FOOD NETWORK KITCHEN
CRACKLING BREAD RECIPE FROM ALABAMA BEST RECIPES
CRACKLING CORNBREAD - RED HOT & HUNGRY
CRACKLING CORNBREAD RECIPE WITH JIFFY - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING …
CRACKLING CORN BREAD RECIPE BY FLAVORS.OF.AMERICA | IFOOD.TV
HERE IS HARPER LEE’S CHARMING RECIPE FOR CRACKLING CORNBREAD
CRACKLING BREAD RECIPE—YUMMY! - DELISHABLY
CRACKLING BREAD - SOUL FOOD WEBSITE
CRACKLING CORNBREAD RECIPE
CRACKLING CORN BREAD RECIPE BY WORLD.FOOD | IFOOD.TV
WHAT ARE PORK OR CHICKEN CRACKLINGS? - THE SPRUCE EATS
35 MINUTES • CRACKLIN CORNBREAD - LOAVES AND DISHES
CRACKLIN' CORNBREAD - THE BUTTERED HOME
You'll also love