- Saute green pepper in butter until translucent, but not brown.
- Add to crabmeat, salt and pepper. Stir in mustard, mayonnaise and Worcestershire sauce. Put in buttered casserole. Top with bread crumbs, a few pats of butter, and sprinkle with crab boil seasoning. Bake for 25 minutes in a preheated 375 degree F. oven.
This is a recipe that is a favorite of many of us coastal Delaware natives. Our newly elected Vice -President, Joe Biden, has more than likely been served this when he came to political dinners. There are many varied crab imperial recipes, but this is one we enjoy. I hope you will try it and tell me what you think.
Provided by Debaylady
Yield 1 Casserole, 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Gently go through the lump crab meat for any shell fragments. Set crab meat aside.
- Mix mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce, salt and egg together until well blended.
- Fold in the sauteed peppers and drained pimentos.
- Very carefully, fold in the crab meat lumps until coated with mayonnaise mixture.
- Place in buttered casserole dish.
- Casserole Topping:.
- In small bowl, mix together the egg yolk and the mayonnaise.
- Now spoon on top of the casserole filled with crab mixture.
- Sprinkle the Old Bay seasoning on top.
- Bake 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until browned. May serve with lemon wedges.
CRAB IMPERIAL II
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, combine crab meat, mayonnaise, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, Old Bay Seasoning, salt, cayenne pepper, dry mustard, and beaten egg.. Mix thoroughly.
- In an 8" pie dish, spread mixture and lightly coat the entire dish with bread crumbs. Then sprinkle the top with paprika. Dot the dish with the butter.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 450.2 calories, Carbohydrate 8.1 g, Cholesterol 166.1 mg, Fat 33.7 g, Fiber 0.7 g, Protein 28.4 g, SaturatedFat 9.4 g, Sodium 1086.5 mg, Sugar 1.1 g
CRAB IMPERIAL (BALTIMORE STYLE)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Melt butter in a heavy small saucepot over medium heat. Add shallot and stir until very lightly browned, about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Blend in flour, white pepper and mace and stir 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add half-and-half, egg yolks, dry mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and sherry and cook until thick and smooth, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in mayonnaise, lemon juice and salt, and gently fold crabmeat into sauce, being careful not to break up chunks.
- Fill either shells, oven-proof shells, ramekins, or small oven-proof bowls.
- Sprinkle tops with paprika.
- Place onto a cookie sheet and bake until mixture is bubbling, about 12 to 15 minutes, and serve immediately.
EASTERN SHORE CRAB IMPERIAL
- 1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Lightly coat 6 large scallop shellswith nonstick cooking spray or, if you prefer, lightly coat a 6-cup au gratin pan or shallow casserole; set aside. Place the crab in a medium-size mixing bowl and set aside also.
- 2. Tear the bread into small chunks, letting them drop into a mini food processor fitted with the metal chopping blade. Using 3 to 4 brisk pulses, reduce to moderately coarse crumbs. Drizzle the melted butter over all and pulse 2 to 3 times to incorporate. The crumbs should now be moderately fine. Tip onto a piece of wax paper and reserve.
- 3. Add the parsley, salt, black pepper, and cayenne to the processor (no need to wash the bowl or blade), and pulse briskly 3 to 5 times until the parsley is coarsely chopped.
- 4. Add the mayonnaise and mustard and churn until smooth, about 5 seconds. Scoop on top of the crab and toss lightly to mix.
- 5. Mound the crab mixture in the scallop shells or spread evenly in the augratin dish, and scatter the buttered crumbs on top.
- 6. Bake uncovered on the middle oven rack until bubbling and touched with brown, 12 to 15 minutes.
- 7. Serve at once, accompanying with a tartly dressed salad of greens. Roasted asparagus spears also make a delicious accompaniment.
More about "crab imperial food"
CRAB IMPERIAL RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
Servings 4Total Time 30 minsCategory Crab
- Melt 1 Tbsp. butter in a small heavy saucepan over low heat; add flour, whisking until smooth.Cook, whisking constantly, 1 minute. Gradually add milk and onion; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Remove sauce from heat.
- Melt remaining 4 Tbsp. butter in a medium-size heavy skillet over medium heat. Add crabmeat, and sauté 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in sauce.
CRAB IMPERIAL - MONICA'S TABLE
KING CRAB IMPERIAL RECIPE | FISHEX SEAFOODS
CRAB IMPERIAL APPETIZER - LIFE CURRENTS
CLASSIC CRAB IMPERIAL - PHILLIPS FOODS, INC.
CRAB IMPERIAL RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE - THE SPICE HOUSE
CRAB IMPERIAL STUFFED FLOUNDER - PHILLIPS FOODS, INC.
CRAB IMPERIAL RECIPE - LOUISIANA SEAFOOD
CRAB IMPERIAL | SAVEUR
BRUNCH CRAB IMPERIAL – SAUER BRANDS
MARYLAND CRAB IMPERIAL WITH BUTTERY GOLDEN BREAD CRUMBS RECIPE
CRAB IMPERIAL - SPICY SOUTHERN KITCHEN
CRAB IMPERIAL - RESTAURANT BUSINESS
CRAB IMPERIAL … | SEAFOOD PLATTER, CRAB CAKES, CRAB DISHES
VIRGINIA CRAB IMPERIAL - THE SEASONED MOM
CRAB IMPERIAL RECIPE BY FLAVORS.OF.AMERICA | IFOOD.TV
MARYLAND CRAB IMPERIAL RECIPES | THE MARYLAND STORE
CRAB IMPERIAL - KELLOGG'S
CRAB IMPERIAL - NEW ENGLAND TODAY
HOW TO MAKE CRAB IMPERIAL - RESTAURANT STYLE DISH - YOUTUBE
CRAB IMPERIAL RECIPES & DISHES | THE CRAB PLACE
HOW TO MAKE CRAB IMPERIAL, THE MARYLAND CRAB CAKE'S WILD COUSIN
MARYLAND STYLE CRAB IMPERIAL RECIPE | CHEF DENNIS
CRAB IMPERIAL RECIPE BY WORLD.FOOD | IFOOD.TV
CRAB IMPERIAL – BALTIMORE BOB'S
BUTTERY CRAB IMPERIAL + VIDEO (BUTTERY & CREAMY JUMBO LUMP …
CRAB IMPERIAL – COCONUT & LIME
TRADITIONAL MARYLAND CRAB IMPERIAL RECIPE
CRAB IMPERIAL - DISH OFF THE BLOCK
CALORIES IN CRAB IMPERIAL AND NUTRITION FACTS
CRAB IMPERIAL - PESCATARIAN RECIPES
CRAB IMPERIAL | RECIPES WIKI | FANDOM
CRAB IMPERIAL | NEW ENGLAND RECIPES
CRAB IMPERIAL DISHES - ROADFOOD
CRAB IMPERIAL RECIPE | EASY CRAB RECIPES | NORTH COAST SEAFOODS
WHAT TO SERVE WITH CRAB IMPERIAL? 9 BEST SIDE DISHES
CRAB IMPERIAL NUTRITION FACTS AND ANALYSIS.
CRAB IMPERIAL • SEAFOOD NUTRITION PARTNERSHIP
SHOP 'N SAVE - RECIPE: CRAB IMPERIAL
CRAB IMPERIAL DIP | GIANT FOOD STORE
CRAB IMPERIAL - YOUTUBE
CRAB IMPERIAL RECIPE - FOOD REFERENCE SEAFOOD RECIPES
CRAB IMPERIAL WITH RED PEPPER RECIPE - MICHAEL MINA | FOOD & WINE
You'll also love