CHICKEN, LEEK & MUSHROOM PIE
John Torode's warming chicken, mushroom & leek pie is sure to be a crowd-pleaser. Enjoy the succulent chicken and crisp puff pastry with a dollop of tomato ketchup
Provided by John Torode
Categories Dinner, Main course
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Put the chicken in a large pan with the bay, half the thyme sprigs, the parsley stalks, onions, garlic, stock and seasoning. Pour the milk over the chicken and, if you need to, top up with water to make sure the chicken is covered. Bring the chicken to the boil, then turn down and simmer for 15 mins. Lift from the liquid and leave to cool.
- Drain the poaching liquid through a sieve into a large jug - you need 650ml to make the sauce for your pie.
- Meanwhile, heat the butter in a saucepan over a low-medium heat. Add the leeks and the mushrooms, and cook for 5-10 mins until soft, then season well. Add the flour and stir to coat the vegetables. Slowly add the poaching liquid, stirring until you have a thick sauce.
- Using two forks, pull the chicken apart into thumb-sized chunks rather than chopping it - I feel you get a far better pie this way. Chop the parsley leaves, then stir into the leeks with the thyme leaves, crème frâiche and chicken. Check the seasoning, then spoon the mixture into your pie dish (or dishes) to cool slightly.
- Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Roll out the pastry on a lightly dusted work surface to the thickness of a £1 coin. Cut thin strips from the edges and use a little water to stick these around the lip of the pie dish, then wet the top of the pastry strip. Lift the pastry on top of the pie, trim the edges and crimp them with your fingers or a fork. Brush the top with milk and cut a steam hole in the middle.
- Put the dish on a baking sheet and cook in the oven for 20-25 mins until the pastry is risen and golden. Some of the filling will have bubbled up through the steam hole. Have a bottle of tomato ketchup on hand to serve, if you like - and be careful, the pie will be hot.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 683 calories, Fat 41 grams fat, SaturatedFat 23 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 41 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 11 grams sugar, Fiber 6 grams fiber, Protein 34 grams protein, Sodium 1.4 milligram of sodium
EASY PEASY CHICKEN, MUSHROOM AND LEEK PIE
Deliciously tender chicken breast, umami-rich mushrooms, sweet leeks and a wonderfully rich and creamy sauce, topped off with a super simple filo pastry crust... this Easy Peasy Chicken, Mushroom and Leek Pie is unbelievably tasty, yet super simple to make. It's set to be your new family favourite!
Provided by Eb Gargano
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat your oven to 200C / 180C fan / gas mark 6 / 400F.
- Place 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, the sliced leeks and the quartered mushrooms into a wide ovenproof pan (see Note 2) and fry over a fairly high heat, stirring regularly, for 3 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Tip the mushrooms and leeks onto a plate and add the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the pan. Allow the pan to heat back up again and then fry the diced chicken for 4 minutes, or until lightly browned on most sides. (The chicken should NOT be fully cooked at this point.)
- Return the mushrooms and leeks to the pan and add the chicken stock. Bring to the boil, then turn right down low.
- Allow the pie filling to simmer gently for 2 minutes, then add the crème fraîche, black pepper and thyme and stir to combine. When the crème fraiche is fully stirred in, turn the heat off.
- Leave the pan to cool for 2 minutes, then top with scrunched up sheets of filo pastry: simply take each sheet of filo pastry, scrunch it up in your hand and plop it gently on top of the filling. Repeat until the pie is completely covered, then lightly brush with a little olive oil (or melted butter).
- Place the pie into your pre-heated oven for 20 minutes, or until the pie is golden brown on top and the filling is bubbling (see Note 3).
- Serve the chicken pie with your favourite green vegetables, such as green beans, broccoli, cabbage, kale, peas or asparagus
Nutrition Facts : Calories 558 kcal, Carbohydrate 35 g, Protein 50 g, Fat 23 g, SaturatedFat 7 g, TransFat 1 g, Cholesterol 149 mg, Sodium 583 mg, Fiber 2 g, Sugar 4 g, UnsaturatedFat 12 g, ServingSize 1 serving
CHICKEN, LEEK & MUSHROOM PIES
Make these creamy chicken, leek and mushroom pies from scratch or use up leftover roast chicken and make a stock from the bones. They require a little extra effort, but they're worth it
Provided by Tom Kerridge
Categories Dinner, Main course, Supper
Yield Makes enough filling for 6 individual pies
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat the butter in a shallow pan and gently cook the leeks with the thyme for 8 mins, or until soft. Add both types of mushrooms and cook for 5 mins more, then turn up the heat a little, add the chicken and stir until the chicken starts to brown. Scatter over the flour and stir to make a paste and continue to cook for 2 mins.
- Splash in the wine, if using, and sizzle for 1 min, stirring, then pour in the stock, cream and lemon juice, season and simmer for 10 mins until the chicken is cooked through. Leave to cool, then pop in the fridge to chill. Can be made up to two days ahead. Assemble the pies as directed in Tom's pie pastry recipe, decorating the tops with any trimmings, if you like.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1051 calories, Fat 61 grams fat, SaturatedFat 31 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 92 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 3 grams sugar, Fiber 7 grams fiber, Protein 28 grams protein, Sodium 1.7 milligram of sodium
More about "chicken pot pie with leeks and mushrooms food"
SKILLET CHICKEN POT PIE WITH LEEKS AND MUSHROOMS …
評価の数 3カテゴリ Entree, Dinner
- Stir together olive oil, 1 tablespoon salt, paprika, thyme, 1 teaspoon black pepper, and cayenne in a small bowl. Rub mixture on outside and under skin of chicken. Stuff cavity with lemon, garlic cloves, and 4 onion quarters.
- Place 2 inverted shallow ramekins in a 6-quart slow cooker. Place carrots, celery, and remaining onion quarters around ramekins; pour water over vegetables. Place chicken, breast side up, on top of ramekins. Cover and cook on HIGH until a thermometer inserted into thickest portion of breast registers 165°F, about 3 1/2 hours. Transfer chicken to a cutting board, and let rest 15 minutes.
- Preheat broiler to HIGH with oven rack 6 inches from heat. Remove ramekins, and pour stock mixture through a wire-mesh strainer into a bowl; discard solids. Reserve stock for later use. Cut chicken into 6 pieces, and place, skin side up, on an aluminum foil-lined rimmed baking sheet. Broil until skin is golden brown and crispy, 4 to 6 minutes. Set chicken aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons unsalted butter in a 10-inch cast-iron skillet over medium and cook potatoes, chopped leeks, and chopped carrots until slightly softened, about 8 minutes. Add mushrooms, 2 teaspoons kosher salt, chopped garlic, and 3/4 teaspoon black pepper. Cook until potatoes and mushrooms are tender, about 8 minutes, adding water, 1 tablespoon at a time, if vegetables stick to skillet. Stir in 12 ounces shredded, skinless Chicken and thawed green peas; remove from heat.
SKILLET CHICKEN-AND-MUSHROOM POTPIE - FOOD & WINE
CHICKEN LEEK AND MUSHROOM PIE RECIPE - SAVORY …
CREAMY CHICKEN, LEEK AND MUSHROOM PIE - FOODLE CLUB
BEST FOOD BOOKS AND COOKBOOKS FROM 2023 | THE WEEK
CHICKEN AND MUSHROOM POT PIES - GREATIST
CHICKEN MUSHROOM AND LEEK PIE - WHERE IS MY SPOON
DOUBLE CRUST CHICKEN POT PIE WITH MUSHROOMS - YOUR ...
MUSHROOM AND LEEK CHICKEN POT PIE - FARMER FOCUS
CREAMY CHICKEN, LEEK, AND MUSHROOM PIE RECIPE - THE ...
CHICKEN POT PIE WITH LEEKS AND MUSHROOMS | CHICKEN.CA
CHICKEN MUSHROOM POT PIE - LENA'S KITCHEN
CHICKEN, LEEK, AND MUSHROOM PIE RECIPE - LANA’S COOKING
CHICKEN, LEEK AND MUSHROOM POT PIES - ANINAS RECIPES
CHICKEN POT PIE WITH MUSHROOMS, BACON & LEEKS
SKILLET CHICKEN POT PIE WITH LEEKS AND MUSHROOMS RECIPE
CHICKEN MUSHROOM POT PIE - MOUNTAIN MAMA COOKS
PUFF PASTRY CHICKEN POT PIE WITH MUSHROOMS - EMILY EATS THINGS
CHICKEN, LEEK AND MUSHROOM POT PIES | SAINSBURY`S MAGAZINE
LEEK AND MUSHROOM CHICKEN POT PIE - ANNABEL LANGBEIN ...
You'll also love