BUTTER-ROASTED TURKEY BREASTS
Bone-in turkey breasts are easy to find, and as impressive as a whole bird when you roast them in butter and herbs.
Provided by Alison Roman
Categories Bon Appétit Thanksgiving Poultry turkey Roast Christmas Kid-Friendly Dinner Christmas Eve Butter Sugar Conscious Wheat/Gluten-Free Peanut Free Tree Nut Free Soy Free No Sugar Added Small Plates
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Gently loosen skin from turkey breasts and rub butter under skin and all over outside of breasts; season with salt and pepper.
- Scatter thyme sprigs, rosemary sprigs, and garlic over a large rimmed baking sheet and arrange turkey breasts, skin side up, on top. Roast turkey breasts, turning halfway through, until skin is crisp and golden brown and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of breasts registers 160°F (for optimal moistness, you will want to cook the white meat of the turkey breasts to a lower internal temperature than you would if cooking a whole bird), 45-55 minutes.
- Transfer turkey breasts to a platter and let rest 10 minutes before carving.
- Serve turkey breasts with pan drippings alongside.
ROAST TURKEY BREAST
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine the softened butter with chosen aromatics and seasonings and salt and pepper.
- Carefully lift the skin from the meat and rub half of the seasoned butter directly on the turkey breast. Rub the rest of the seasoned butter on the skin. Season the turkey generously with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Scatter the vegetables on the bottom of a roasting pan just large enough to hold the turkey. Set the meat breast-side up in the pan. Roast for about 2 hours or until an instant read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the breast registers 160 degrees F. Transfer the turkey to a cutting board and tent loosely with foil for 20 minutes. The breast temperature will continue to rise as it rests. Carve the breast and serve with the pan juices.
- Roasting times for a turkey breast cooked in a 325 degrees F oven:.
- Unstuffed, a 2 to 3-pound turkey will cook from 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Unstuffed, a 4 to 6-pound turkey will cook from 1 1/2 to 2 1/4 hours.
- Unstuffed, a 7 to 8-pound turkey will cook from 2 1/4 to 3 1/4 hours; if stuffed, it will cook in 3 to 4 hours.
- Roasted Turkey Breast Variations:.
- Lemon and Thyme:.
- Season the butter with 3 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, and 1 teaspoon lemon zest.
- Honey Glazed:.
- Season the butter with 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, and 2 tablespoons honey.
- Soy Ginger:.
- Season the butter with 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger, 2 teaspoons soy sauce, and 3 cloves garlic, minced.
- Cook's Note:.
- A shallow baking pan will yield the best results when roasting a turkey breast, allowing air to flow completely around the turkey breast.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 382.3, Fat 21, SaturatedFat 8.5, Cholesterol 143, Sodium 135.4, Carbohydrate 4.2, Fiber 1.1, Sugar 2, Protein 41.9
- Position an oven rack in the lowest position (with room above to fit the turkey) and preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Remove any turkey parts from the cavity and reserve for another use if desired. Dry the turkey well with paper towels inside and out. Sprinkle the cavity with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Stuff with the thyme, rosemary, lemon wedges and half of the onion wedges.
- In a small bowl, mix together the 4 tablespoons room temperature butter with the paprika to make a smooth, spreadable mixture. Using your hands, carefully separate the skin from the flesh of the turkey from the breasts toward the legs, making sure not to tear the skin. Spread about half of the butter mixture evenly between the skin and flesh on one side. Do the same on the other side using the remaining butter mixture. Any residual butter on your hands or in the bowl can be rubbed on the outside of the turkey. Sprinkle the outside of the turkey with 2 teaspoons salt, making sure to get it all over the surface.
- Scatter the celery pieces, whole carrots and remaining onion wedges in the bottom of a roasting pan. Place the roasting rack in the pan, making sure it is level. Pour the broth into the pan. Transfer the turkey to the rack, tuck the wings back under the body and tie the legs together with butcher's twine.
- Cut a 20-inch piece of cheesecloth and fold twice, creating 4 layers. Submerge the cloth in the melted butter, making sure it is completely saturated with it. Gently squeeze the cloth, then re-form so there are 4 layers and place on top of the turkey, covering it completely. Use a turkey baster to baste the cheesecloth with some of the remaining melted butter.
- Roast for 30 minutes, then lower the oven temperature to 350 degrees F. Baste the turkey with the pan juices and more of the melted butter. Continue to roast, basting with butter and pan drippings every 30 minutes, for an additional 2 hours.
- Very gently remove the cheesecloth from the turkey, taking care not to tear the skin (see Cook's Note). Baste one more time, then return the turkey to the oven with the breasts facing towards the back and roast until a thermometer inserted in the thickest part of a thigh measures 165 degrees F, about another 30 minutes. Let rest for 30 minutes before carving.
RACHAEL RAY'S HERB ROASTED TURKEY BREAST WITH PAN GRAVY
Says Rachael: "Although sage is the herb most used with turkey, I love the flavor and aroma of fresh bay (laurel) leaves. Fresh bay leaves are now widely available in supermarkets. Since the leaves are a bit woody, and no fun to eat, I baste my turkey with bay-infused butter and roast the breasts right on top of the leaves, which perfumes the meat."
Provided by CorriePDX
Categories Turkey Breasts
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Oil a roasting pan and set it aside.
- Put the onion into the bowl of a mini food processor. Using a vegetable peeler, peel the zest from the lemon in thin strips, being careful not to cut into the bitter white pith. Add the lemon zest to the food processor and reserve the whole lemon for another use. Chop the onion and lemon zest until fine. Add the sage, parsley, olive oil, and 1 teaspoon salt and pulse until it forms a coarse paste.
- Put 2 of the bay leaves and the butter into a small pan and heat over medium-low heat until the butter is bubbling. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Put the turkey breasts on a work surface. Carefully run your fingers between the skin and the flesh from 1 end, being careful not to pull it completely off, creating a pocket. Season the turkey breasts generously with salt and pepper. Stuff half of the herb paste under the skin of each breast, and spread it evenly under the skin. Transfer the breasts to the roasting pan, and slide 2 bay leaves underneath each one. (The heat of the pan will release the bay leaf oils and flavor the breast.) Using a pastry brush, baste the breasts with half of the bay butter. Place the turkey in the oven and immediately decrease the temperature to 400 degrees F. After 20 minutes, baste the turkey breasts with the remaining butter, and roast for an additional 20 to 25 minutes, until cooked through, and a thermometer placed in the thickest part of the breast registers 170 degrees F.
- Remove from the oven, transfer to a platter, cover, and let rest for 10 minutes before carving while you make the gravy.
- Put the roasting pan over the burner on medium heat. Sprinkle the flour over the pan juices, and cook, stirring, for a few minutes. Add the apple brandy, and scrape the pan to lift the bits that are stuck to the bottom. Cook for a minute to burn off the alcohol, then, while stirring, pour in the apple cider. Bring to a simmer, and stir until thickened. Season with salt and pepper.
- Slice the turkey breast on the diagonal, and serve with warm gravy.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 469.5, Fat 26.8, SaturatedFat 8.7, Cholesterol 162.7, Sodium 486.3, Carbohydrate 4.1, Fiber 0.6, Sugar 0.6, Protein 50.3
GARLIC HERB BUTTER ROASTED TURKEY BREAST
RECIPE VIDEO above. An incredible way to roast turkey breast! The garlic herb butter smeared under the skin bastes the breast while it roasts, and creates a butter pan sauce to serve on the side. A meat thermometer will ensure your turkey comes out beautifully juicy. Truly worth using fresh herbs for this recipe, but see notes for dried options.
Provided by Nagi
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Remove fridge chill: Take turkey out of the fridge 45 minutes before cooking (or 30 minutes if it's super hot where you are).
- Preheat oven to 200C / 390F (all oven types). Put rack in the lower middle position. (Note 3)
- Place garlic and bunch of herbs in the middle of a baking dish. (Note 4)
- Butter: Mix Butter ingredients together.
- Loosen skin: Use an upside teaspoon to help loosen the skin from the turkey flesh (easiest to go under the paper thin layer under the surface skin). Video helpful here.
- Smear butter under skin: Use about 2/3 of the butter, and smear it under the skin on the top half of the breast. Best to smear using hands under the skin (not on surface), to ensure it spreads as evenly as possible.
- Turn turkey upside down. Reserve about 2 tbsp butter for the surface, smear the rest on the underside.
- Place turkey in pan on the herbs, skin side up. Now smear skin with remaining butter - you don't want much on the skin because the herb bits burn.
- STOP HERE for make ahead option - the turkey can be left like this for up to 24 hours. Remove from fridge 45 minutes before serving then proceed.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 336 g, Calories 598 kcal
ROASTED TURKEY BREAST WITH HERB BUTTER
- Preheat the oven to 325F.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the butter, 1 teaspoon of kosher salt, garlic, rosemary, pepper and thyme.
- Microwave the ingredients on high for 1 minute, or until the butter has fully melted. Remove the bowl from the microwave oven. Mix all ingredients really well and set aside for 5 minutes so the butter gets infused with the garlic and herbs.
- Return the bowl back to the microwave oven and cook the mixture on high for another 30 seconds to ensure that the butter is fully liquefied.
- Strain the butter mixture through a fine sieve. Save the garlic and the herbs.
- Place the turkey breast in a baking dish, skin side up. Cover with a piece of plastic wrap to prevent the butter from accidentally squirting all over the kitchen. Fill the kitchen injector with the strained butter and inject the breast all over, in a diamond pattern, releasing about 1/4 - 1/3 of an ounce at a time.
- Add the garlic and herbs that you saved earlier. Rub the garlic and herb mixture and the butter from the bottom of the baking dish all over the turkey breast.
- Evenly sprinkle 1 teaspoon of kosher salt all over the breast and pat it down to make sure the salt sticks.
- If using a BBQ thermometer (highly recommended), insert the probe into the thickest part of the turkey breast and connect to the thermometer.
- Bake at 325F for about 1 hour or so, until the internal temperature in the thickest part of the breast reaches 155F. Brush the top of the breast with pan juices about 1 hour into roasting.
- Remove from the oven and let the roasted turkey breast rest for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 206 kcal, Carbohydrate 2 g, Protein 42 g, Fat 3 g, Cholesterol 104 mg, Sodium 1563 mg, ServingSize 1 serving
HERB ROASTED TURKEY BREAST
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove the turkey breast from the fridge 30 minutes before cooking to bring it to room temperature. Cut 3 pieces of kitchen twine and set aside.
- Add the butter, parsley, lemon zest, thyme, onion powder, garlic, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper to a small bowl. Use a fork or a rubber spatula to incorporate all of the ingredients into the butter. Set aside.
- Pat the turkey breast dry. Using clean hands, starting at one end of the breast, slide your fingers under the skin to create a pocket between the meat and the skin. Use your hands to transfer the butter into the pocket and smooth the butter into an even layer.
- Use the kitchen twine to tie the turkey horizontally in 3 places. This will help the turkey breast cook evenly and remain juicy. Flip the turkey breast so that it is skin-side down. Drizzle it with 1 teaspoon olive oil and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Flip the turkey over and repeat the same seasoning process.
- Arrange the onion slices on a small rimmed baking sheet. Pour 1/3 cup water into the baking sheet and place the turkey breast on top of the onions. Transfer to the oven and roast for 1 hour. Remove the turkey from the oven and baste it with the butter and juices from the baking sheet. Continue to roast until the internal temperature is 160 degrees F, another 20 to 25 minutes. Allow the turkey to cool for 15 minutes. (In this time the internal temperature will rise another 5 degrees.)
- Slice the turkey and serve it with the roasted onions.
More about "butter roasted turkey breasts food"
EVERYDAY TURKEY BREAST ROAST WITH HERBS & BUTTER ...
BUTTER ROASTED TURKEY BREASTS - RECIPE - GLOBAL ANIMAL ...
BUTTER-ROASTED TURKEY BREASTS RECIPE - BON APPéTIT
3.5/5 (173)Estimated Reading Time 50 secsServings 8Published 2013-10-15
- Preheat oven to 425°. Gently loosen skin from turkey breasts and rub butter under skin and all over outside of breasts; season with salt and pepper.
- Scatter thyme sprigs, rosemary sprigs, and garlic over a large rimmed baking sheet and arrange turkey breasts, skin side up, on top. Roast turkey breasts, rotating halfway through, until skin is crisp and golden brown and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of breasts registers 160° (for optimal moistness, you will want to cook the white meat of the turkey breasts to a lower temperature than you would if cooking the whole bird), 45–55 minutes.
ROAST TURKEY BREAST RECIPE - ROASTED GARLIC BUTTER TURKEY ...
- Heat oven to 325°F and line a large roasting pan with foil. Spray both sides of a wire rack with nonstick cooking spray, and place the wire rack over the pan.
- Pat the turkey breast dry, inside and out, with paper towels and set it, skin side up, on the wire rack.
HERB BUTTER ROASTED TURKEY BREAST RECIPE - VERMONT CREAMERY
- Mix all Compound Butter ingredients in small bowl until well mixed. Rub butter on outside of turkey breasts, gently lifting skin to rub some of the butter directly onto turkey breasts. Sprinkle with pepper and salt.
- Lay lemon and onion slices evenly in bottom of 13x9-inch baking pan. Top with turkey breast halves, skin-side up. Place turkey in oven. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F. Roast turkey 1 hour or until skin is golden brown and thermometer inserted into thickest part of breast reaches 165°F. Remove from oven; tent with aluminum foil. Let rest 10 minutes before carving.
HERB BUTTER ROASTED TURKEY - MRFOOD.COM
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Remove giblets and neck from turkey. Rinse turkey with cold water, pat dry, and place in roasting pan.
- Loosen skin from turkey breast by placing your hand between breast and skin, being careful not to tear skin. Rub 1/4 of butter mixture underneath skin. Rub remaining mixture on outside of turkey. Place onion and celery in cavity. Tuck legs under skin or tie with string to secure.
BUTTER ROASTED TURKEY - RECIPES - GO BOLD WITH BUTTER
- Remove innards. Prepare brine at least 1 day ahead of roasting turkey so it can soak in the brine overnight.In a large pot over medium-high heat, combine salt, brown sugar, vegetable stock, peppercorns, rosemary, bay leaves and cinnamon stick.
BUTTER-BASTED HERBED TURKEY - MRFOOD.COM
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Remove giblets and neck from turkey; reserve for a later use. Rinse turkey with cold water, pat dry, and place in a roasting pan breast side up.
- In a medium bowl, combine butter, parsley, poultry seasoning, paprika, garlic, salt, and pepper; mix well. Rub half the mixture over outside of turkey. Reserve the remaining herbed butter mixture for basting. Place onion and celery in cavity of turkey. If you would like, now would be the perfect time to tie the legs together with kitchen twine.
- Cover turkey with foil and roast 1-1/2 hours. Remove foil and brush with remaining herbed butter. Continue to cook uncovered 1-1/2 to 2 more hours, or until thermometer reaches 180 degrees in thickest part of thigh, basting with herbed butter every 30 minutes. (Make sure you do not baste the last 30 minutes or so to prevent any cross-contamination).
ROAST TURKEY BREAST WITH HERB BUTTER RECIPE - RACHAEL RAY
- Pre-heat the oven to 375°F.In a medium size bowl, mix together the thyme, lemon zest, softened butter, salt and pepper.
- Set aside until ready to use.Loosen the skin of the turkey breasts by gently working your hand between the skin and the meat.
- Rub the herb butter under the skin, season the outside with salt and pepper and transfer to a roasting pan fitted with a rack.
ROAST TURKEY BREAST WITH HERB BUTTER | YELLOWBLISSROAD.COM
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Remove the top rack so only the bottom rack is left in the oven.
- In a small bowl, mash butter and seasonings together. Spoon a couple of tablespoons into another bowl and set aside for later.
MAPLE-BUTTER GLAZED TURKEY ROAST - FOODESS
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place turkey breast on rack in shallow roasting pan. Brush with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for 20 minutes.
- Combine maple syrup, butter and mustard in a small saucepan. Cook over medium-high heat until butter is melted and mixture thickens slightly. Brush the maple glaze over turkey and continue cooking until meat thermometer reads 160°F (about 10 more minutes for boneless, 25 more minutes for bone-in). Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Add ¼ cup of water to remaining glaze and bring to a boil. Simmer for 5 minutes or until syrupy again and serve drizzled over turkey.
ROASTED BONELESS TURKEY BREAST WITH HONEY GARLIC BUTTER ...
- Make Honey Garlic Butter: In a bowl, whisk together all the Honey Garlic Butter Ingredients until well combined***. Set aside.
- Prep Turkey Breast: Preheat oven to 375°F. Take the turkey breast out of the fridge at least 30-45 minutes prior to roasting. Using your hands, gently separate the skin from the turkey breast. Pat entire breast with paper towels until dry. Season both sides of the turkey breast with salt and pepper both under the skin and on top of the skin.
- Butter Turkey Breast: Spread 1/2 of the butter mixture underneath the skin, 1/4 on the skin and the remaining 1/4 on the underside of the turkey breast. Use toothpicks to secure the skin over the breast.****
TURKEY BREAST RECIPE (EASY & HERB BUTTER ROASTED ...
- Plan ahead, and thaw your turkey roast 1 1/2 to 2 days ahead in the fridge. Place it in a small pan to catch any drips.
- Unwrap the turkey from its package. IMPORTANT: Leave the netting on the turkey so it holds together. Dry off the surface well with paper towels, this helps the butter stick.
ROASTED TURKEY BREAST WITH GARLIC AND HERBS - DINNER AT ...
- Place the butter, garlic, sage, rosemary, thyme, parsley and salt and pepper in a bowl. Stir to combine.
- Loosen the skin of the turkey breast. Spread half of the butter underneath the skin of the turkey, and the other half of the butter on top of the turkey breast.
HERB-FLAVORED ROASTED TURKEY BREAST | BUTTERBALL®
ROASTED TURKEY BREAST WITH HERB INFUSED BUTTER - A ...
RECIPE: BUTTER-ROASTED TURKEY BREASTS | RECIPES | STLTODAY.COM
CROCKPOT RECIPES FOR TURKEY BREAST BONELESS / VIEW BASIC ...
AIR FRYER THANKSGIVING TURKEY BREAST | U.S. DAIRY
SAGE AND BUTTER ROASTED TURKEY BREAST - GOOD DECISIONS
ROASTED TURKEY BREAST WITH TRUFFLE BUTTER - THE TINY FAIRY
BUTTER ROASTED WHOLE TURKEY BREAST WITH GRAVY - SIMPLY SCRATCH
HERB BUTTER ROASTED TURKEY BREAST RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
OVEN ROASTED OLD BAY BUTTER TURKEY BREAST - HONEYSUCKLE WHITE
HONEY BRINED TURKEY BREAST RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST ...
HERB BUTTER ROAST TURKEY BREAST WITH GRAVY FOR TWO ...
RECIPES - BUTTER AND HERB TURKEY BREAST ROAST - LILYDALE®
HERB BUTTER ROASTED TURKEY BREAST - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
BUTTER ROASTED TURKEY BREASTS FOOD- WIKIFOODHUB
HOW TO ROAST AN HERB BUTTER TURKEY BREAST
ROASTED TURKEY BREAST BUTTER - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
ROASTED TURKEY BREAST BUTTER - RECIPES - PAGE 2 | COOKS.COM
LEMON GARLIC INJECTION TURKEY RECIPES : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION ...
BEST LEMON-SAGE BUTTER ROASTED TURKEY RECIPES ...
ROASTED TURKEY BREAST WITH THYME CITRUS BUTTER ...
GARLIC BUTTER TURKEY BREAST | PRIMAVERA KITCHEN
MAPLE-BUTTER GLAZED ROASTED TURKEY BREAST - BUTTERBALL
BBQ TURKEY BREAST OVEN - THERESCIPES.INFO
ROAST TURKEY BREAST WITH HERB BUTTER RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
ROASTED TURKEY BREAST WITH GARLIC HERB BUTTER - EATWELL101
BUTTER ROASTED TURKEY BREASTS - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
OVEN-ROASTED TURKEY BREAST - FOOD RECIPES
You'll also love