BLUE OWL RESTAURANT AND BAKERY TURTLE PECAN CHEESECAKE
The Blue Owl is a very cute, tea room type of establishment, in Kimmswick Missouri. Kimmswick is a very small and special little town that has lots of shops filled with antiques and gifts. I am sure you know the type. The also have one of the older St. Louis riverboats there, the Huck Finn, I believe. Not at the restaurant! But down the street at the Mississippi river bank. I often visit Kimmswick when I go back to see my parents, who live not too far from there. The Blue Owl serves foods besides desserts, but it is the desserts they wow everyone with for both size and taste and the reason the Blue Owl is slightly "famous".
Provided by PalatablePastime
Yield 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- For crust: Combine graham cracker crumbs and melted butter; press mixture on the bottom and sides of a buttered 10-inch springform pan (2 inches deep). Bake in preheated 350 degree F oven 10 to 15 minutes, then set aside to cool.
- For filling: In heavy saucepan, melt the caramels with evaporated milk over low heat, stirring frequently until smooth. (If desired, dip a few pecans into caramel mixture and set aside to use later as a garnish.) Pour caramel mixture over cooled crust; top with toasted pecans.
- Combine cream cheese and sugar, mixing on medium speed until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add vanilla. Blend in melted chocolate. Pour mixture over pecans and caramel in crust, starting at outer edge.
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven 1 hour and 20 to 25 minutes, or until edges begin to crack. Remove from oven and let cool at room temperature for 30 to 40 minutes. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan and loosen cheesecake with spatula.
- For chocolate topping: Melt chocolate morsels on medium heat in microwave. Add evaporated milk (or 2 percent milk and butter; see note). Stir until mixture is smooth.
- Spread chocolate topping over chilled cheesecake. Garnish with dollops of whipped cream and pecan halves dipped in caramel, if desired.
- Keep refrigerated.
- NOTE: If you don't want to open another can for the 3 tablespoons evaporated milk, you can substitute 3 tablespoons 2 percent milk and 2 teaspoons butter.
- To toast pecans: Put 1 tablespoon butter or margarine in a 9-inch pie plate. Microwave until melted. Stir in 1 cup pecans, tossing to coat. Microwave on HIGH 2 to 2 1/2 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 890.7, Fat 57.9, SaturatedFat 28.3, Cholesterol 183.4, Sodium 600.7, Carbohydrate 84, Fiber 3.1, Sugar 61.4, Protein 13
BLUE OWL WHITE CHILI
This recipe is from the Blue Owl Restaurant & Bakery in historic Kimmswick, MO, an excellent homestyle restaurant. Simple to make & very delicious.
Provided by moandbritsmom
Yield 12-14 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat oil in large pot over medium high heat. Add onions and saute until translucent, about 10 minutes. Stir in garlic, then chilies, cumin, oregano, and cayenne and saute 2 minutes. Add undrained beans and stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and add chicken and cheese to chili and stir until cheese melts. Season to taste with salt and pepper and ladle into bowls. FOR FREEZING: Pour soup into a rigid container (or freezer bag), label and freeze. To reheat, thaw in refrigerator overnight or simply put frozen soup into a largepot and gently heat, with lid on and stirring often, till heated through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 355.9, Fat 14.8, SaturatedFat 6.9, Cholesterol 63.7, Sodium 584.6, Carbohydrate 26.5, Fiber 6.8, Sugar 3.4, Protein 29.5
CARAMEL PECAN CHEESECAKE
This was in my local newspaper, and I tried it for a Super Bowl party. It's really good, VERY rich -- pretty easy too. Makes a lot, so I think it could be easily halved. (Prep/Cook time does NOT include 4 hours of refrigeration needed)
Provided by newspapergal
Yield 32 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Mix crumbs, 1/2 cup pecans, granulated sugar and butter.
- Line 13x9-inch baking pan with foil; press crumbs firmly onto bottom of pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese, brown sugar, flour and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- Mixture will be pretty thick.
- Add sour cream; mix well.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition just until blended.
- Place 36 caramels and 1 tablespoon water in microwavable bowl.
- Microwave on high 1 minute or until caramels are completely melted when stirred.
- Add melted caramels to cream cheese batter; stir until well blended.
- The caramel will become kind of stringy through the batter as the caramels cool.
- Pour over crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Sprinkle cheesecake with remaining 1/2 cup pecans.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- ****The recipe calls for melting the remaining caramels and 1 Tbsp of water and drizzling over it, but I did this when I made it and found that the caramel immediately cools and becomes very very sticky.
- I think next time I make it, I will use some caramel ice cream topping to drizzle on top instead.
HOT TAMALE SOUP
This recipe comes from The Blue Owl Restaurant in Kimmswick, MO. This soup doesn't just taste like tamales, it includes purchased tamales! I've used jarred tamales, but can also use frozen ones. The touch of cinnamon makes this soup special. This recipe is not only easy and quick recipe, but delicious, too!
Provided by Connie K
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Cook first four ingredients over medium-high heat, breaking up meat until browned; Add chili powder, cumin, cayenne and cinnamon and cook 1 minute.
- Add broth and tomatoes with juice.
- Cover and simmer 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat tamales according to package instructions.
- Stir beans and corn into soup; Simmer until corn is just heated through, about 3 minutes.
- Place 2 tamales into each of 6 bowls.
- Sprinkle with cheese and sour cream and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 340, Fat 13.3, SaturatedFat 4.8, Cholesterol 51.4, Sodium 451.8, Carbohydrate 31.8, Fiber 8.8, Sugar 3.7, Protein 24.9
PHILADELPHIA CARAMEL-PECAN CHEESECAKE
This is a great recipe from Kraftcanada.com. I'm a lover of cheesecakes, and this is absolutely delicious.
Provided by Chef mariajane
Yield 20 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat oven to 325°F Line 13x9-inch pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides. Mix graham crumbs, 1/2 cup nuts, and margarine; press onto bottom of pan. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl, with mixer until blended. Add sour cream, flour and vanilla; mix well. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing on low speed after each just until blended. Pour over crust.
- Bake 45 minutes or unti center is almost set. Cool completely. Refrigerate 4 hours. Use foil handles to lift cheesecake from pan. Drizzle with caramel topping; sprinkle with remaining nuts. Let stand until topping is firm.
- Prep time does not include refrigeration time.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 333.3, Fat 25.4, SaturatedFat 13.2, Cholesterol 102.4, Sodium 220.6, Carbohydrate 21.2, Fiber 0.8, Sugar 12.4, Protein 6.5
My hair stylist gave me this recipe years ago. I have made it every Christmas since. My neices and nephews would disown me if I did not show up with this at Christmas. My oldest nehphew likes it so much that he chose this for his groom's cake when he got married. Serve small portions as it is very rich.
Provided by Luby Luby Luby
Yield 10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine first 3 ingredients and press into a 10" springform pan.
- Set aside.
- Beat cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add brown sugar, mixing well.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in vanilla and 1 cup chopped pecans.
- Spoon mixture into springform.
- Bake at 325 degrees for one hour.
- Turn oven off and leave in oven for 30 minutes.
- Ajar oven door and leave in oven another 30 minutes.
- Cool at room temperature then refrigerate overnight.
- Top with whipped cream then sprinkle ground pecans on top.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 764.5, Fat 57.3, SaturatedFat 27.9, Cholesterol 236.3, Sodium 531.4, Carbohydrate 54.6, Fiber 1.4, Sugar 46.3, Protein 11.9
OOWEY GOOEY BUTTER COOKIES
This is a recipe from the Blue Owl Restaurant and Bakery in Kimmswick, Missouri. Kimmswick is an historic town. This restaurant has even been featured on the Food Network. When I saw this recipe I couldn't wait to try it, so I did, it was delicious !!! I had so much faith in this recipe that I doubled it on the first try, and I am glad I did, they flew out of here with the family. The owner of the restaurant says this is a favorite and bestseller for them. I am sure you will enjoy it, this is one of the easiest recipes I have ever made, but it is one of the best ! Tastes like a Gooey Butter Cake!! I myself used parchment paper which made the cookies thicker and gooeyier if there is such a word LOL Prep time includes 30 min refrigeration.
Provided by Baby Chevelle
Yield 4 dozen
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a large bowl of electric mixer, beat together butter, vanilla, egg and cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Add cake mix; beat until well blended ( It will be very stiff).
- Cover dough and chill 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Shape dough into 1 inch balls; roll in powdered sugar. Place about 1 1/2 inches apart on a lightly greased cookie sheet, or you may use parchment paper. With the parchment paper they will not spread as much. Bake 12 minutes, DO NOT let cookies brown!
- Let cookies cool and then sift additional powdered sugar over them.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 886.3, Fat 37.2, SaturatedFat 15.4, Cholesterol 110.8, Sodium 1050.5, Carbohydrate 131, Fiber 1.4, Sugar 85.7, Protein 9
More about "blue owl restaurant and bakery turtle pecan cheesecake food"
THE BLUE OWL RESTAURANT & BAKERY - YELP
3.5/5 (264)Cuisine American (Traditional)Category Bakeries, American (Traditional)Location 6116 2nd St Kimmswick, MO 63053
RECIPE | THE BLUE OWL RESTAURANT & BAKERY
BAKERY MENU | THE BLUE OWL BAKERY
MENU - BLUE OWL - KIMMSWICK, MO - FOURSQUARE
BLUE OWL RESTAURANT AND BAKERY MENU AND PRICES
REUBEN - MENU - THE BLUE OWL RESTAURANT & BAKERY
BLUE OWL RESTAURANT AND BAKERY TURTLE PECAN CHEESECAKE …
BLUE OWL RESTAURANT AND BAKERY TURTLE PECAN CHEESECAKE RECIPE ...
14 THE BLUE OWL RESTAURANT IDEAS | RESTAURANT, FOOD, OWL
MENU - THE BLUE OWL RESTAURANT & BAKERY - KIMMSWICK …
BLUE OWL RESTAURANT AND BAKERY TURTLE PECAN …
BLUE OWL RESTAURANT AND BAKERY TURTLE PECAN CHEESECAKE …
EDAMAM RECIPE PAGE WITH 28 NUTRIENTS AND 40 DIET AND HEALTH …
You'll also love