BLACKBERRY JAM CAKE
- Grease and flour two 8 or 9 inch round pans. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix flour with soda, salt, cinnamon, and cloves. Add nuts and raisins to dry ingredients if using.
- In a separate bowl, cream shortening and sugar. Add eggs one at a time, beating continuously. Add jam. Add flour mixture alternately with milk. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 35 minutes. Cool, and frost with Cream Cheese Frosting.
- To make Cream Cheese Frosting: mix together until creamy 1/4 cup butter, cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, and vanilla.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 621.4 calories, Carbohydrate 96.5 g, Cholesterol 78.1 mg, Fat 25 g, Fiber 1.5 g, Protein 6.5 g, SaturatedFat 9.6 g, Sodium 271.9 mg, Sugar 76 g
BLACKBERRY CAKE RECIPE
This blackberry cake is soft and moist and has a fluffy lemon blackberry buttercream frosting. The lemon juice cuts the sweetness and brightens up the whole cake.
Provided by Natasha Kravchuk
Number Of Ingredients 14
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with whisk attachment, beat 6 large eggs 1 min on high speed. With the mixer on, gradually add 1 cup sugar and continue beating 8-10 min until thick and fluffy.
- Whisk together 1 cup flour and 1/2 tsp baking powder then sift this mixture into fluffy egg mixture one third at a time. Fold with a spatula with each addition just until incorporated. Scrape spatula from the bottom to catch any pockets of flour and stop mixing when no streaks of flour remain. Do not over-mix or you will deflate the batter.
- Divide evenly between prepared cake pans and bake at 350˚F for 23-28 minutes (my oven took 25 min), or until top is golden brown. Remove from pan by sliding a thin spatula around the edges then transfer to a wire rack and remove parchment backing. Cool cakes to room temp then slice layers equally in half with a serrated knife.
- Combine 2 Tbsp lemon juice with 1 cup blackberries in small saucepan. Simmer 6-7 minutes or until berries easily mash up with a fork then turn off heat. Strain through a fine mesh strainer, pushing the blackberries through with a spatula until only seeds are left in strainer. Discard seeds and set the puree aside to cool completely to room temp (you should get 5 Tbsp puree).
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with whisk attachment, cream together 3 sticks butter, 3 cups powdered sugar and 1/2 tsp salt on low speed until combined, scraping as necessary. Increase speed to medium-high and beat until white and fluffy (2 to 3 min).
- Add cream cheese 1-piece at a time and mix until combined then continue to beat 2 min until fluffy, scraping down the bowl as needed. With the mixer on, drizzle in blackberry syrup 1 Tbsp at a time then beat another minute.
- Slice 1 cup blackberries and set aside. Make your lemon syrup by combining 3/4 cup warm water, 1 Tbsp granulated sugar and 4 Tbsp Lemon Juice.
- Place first cake layer on serving platter cut-side up **. Brush with 1/4 of the lemon syrup. Spread frosting over the top and layer with 1/3 sliced berries. Repeat with remaining layers placing the final layer cut-side-down, then frost the top and sides.
- Pipe remaining frosting onto cake. For the roses, use a closed star Wilton 2D tip. Decorate with remaining blackberries and sprinkle sugar crystals if desired.
KENTUCKY BLACKBERRY JAM CAKE
A moist, delicious, easy to make cake. Frost with a cream cheese icing or a caramel icing. Photo adapted from Easy Desserts.
Provided by Anita Hoffman
Number Of Ingredients 9
- 1. Place cake mix, jam, buttermilk, oil, cinnamon and eggs in a large mixing bowl and beat on low speed 30 seconds. Increase speed to medium and beat 1 1/2 minutes longer or until smooth. Fold nuts into batter.
- 2. Pour into 2 greased and floured 9 inch cake pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 34 minutes. or until cake tests done.
- 3. Cool on wire racks 10 minutes, then remove from pans. Let the layers cool completely on the racks before frosting. Frost with cream cheese frosting or caramel frosting.
BLACKBERRY JAM CAKE
This recipe is very moist and dense and reminds me of a good fruit cake. Even though the directions call for a tube pan, I usually use a 9 x 13 cake pan. And to my personal taste, the nuts can be omitted and never missed.
Provided by Mary K. W.
Yield 16 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Grease and flour cake pan. Original recipe calls for tube pan, but I've always used 9 x 13.
- In large mixing bowl, cream together butter, sugar and oil until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in sour cream and jam.
- Sift or stir together flour, soda and spices. Reserve a small amount to coat the dates, raisins and nuts. Stir remaining dry ingredients into jam mixture.
- Stir in flour-coated fruits and nuts.
- Pour batter into prepared cake pan and bake for approximately 1 to 1 1/2 hours (will depend on which type of pan you use) or until it tests done.
BLACKBERRY JAM CAKE WITH PENUCHE FROSTING
- Make the cake:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. and butter and flour a loaf pan, 9 by 5 by 3 inches. Into a bowl sift together the flour, the baking powder, the salt, the cinnamon, the nutmeg, and the cloves. In another bowl with an electric mixer cream the butter with the brown sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy, add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition, and beat in the vanilla. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture alternately in batches with the buttermilk, beginning and ending with the flour mixture and beating well after each addition, and stir in the jam, the raisins, and the pecans. Pour the batter into the pan and bake the cake in the middle of the oven for 55 minutes to 1 hour, or until a tester comes out clean. Let the cake cool in the pan on a rack for 5 minutes and turn it out onto the rack to cool completely.
- Make the frosting:
- In a saucepan combine the brown sugar, the cream, and the butter, cook the mixture over moderate heat, stirring, until the sugar is dissolved, and boil it, without stirring, washing down any sugar crystals clinging to the side of the pan with a brush dipped in cold water, until it registers 238°F. on a candy thermometer. Transfer the frosting to a bowl and beat it until it is just of spreading consistency. (The frosting will still be warm.)
- Working quickly, spread the frosting over the top and sides of the cake.
QUICK AND DEEELISH JAM CAKE WITH CARAMEL FROSTING
You can make this moist jam cake from a spice cake boxed mix AND the caramel frosting tastes like the old-fashioned penuche fudge....ummm ummmm. It is rich and buttery and oh so quick. You can make the cake ahead of time, wrap the layers well, and freeze for at least three weeks if you like. It will be the hit of your Christmas or Holiday Party!
Provided by Aunt Yaya
Yield 1 cake, 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare three 8" or two 9" round cake pans.
- Mix the cake mix and cinnamon together.
- Add the buttermilk, applesauce, vegetable oil, eggs, and jam.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Fold in the raisins and nuts.
- Pour batter into pans.
- Bake for 22 to 25 minutes or until they spring back when touched lightly in the middle.
- Cool for 10 minutes in the pan; invert cakes onto wire cooling racks.
- Set aside and prepare frosting.
- Use the butter wrapper to grease the inside of a saucepan.
- Over medium heat melt butter and brown sugar together; bring to a boil.
- Stir and boil for 2 minutes exactly.
- Stir in evaporated milk; bring to boil.
- Remove from heat and add powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Beat until smooth and creamy.
- Not only do I double the recipe, but at the end I put it in a mixing bowl before it cools down and beat it with a mixer. When it starts cooling it will get thicker, so frost cake before it hardens.
- I made seven of these yesterday, wrapped them in plastic wrap after they cooled, put them in cake boxes with a bow and a tag and they made WONDERFUL (and very appreciated) presents for family and friends.
- Enjoy, and please let me know if you enjoy them as much as we do!
More about "blackberry jam cake with penuche frosting food"
BLACKBERRY JAM CAKE RECIPE - SOUTHERN LIVING
Total Time 2 hrs 35 mins
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 3 (9-inch) round cake pans with cooking spray; line bottoms with parchment paper.
- Place sugar and eggs in bowl of a heavy-duty stand mixer fitted with whisk attachment; beat on medium speed until thick and smooth, 3 minutes. Change to paddle attachment. Add oil, jam, and vanilla extract; beat until combined, 1 minute.
- Add half of the flour mixture to jam mixture; beat on low speed until just combined, 20 to 45 seconds. Add buttermilk; beat on low speed until just combined. Add remaining flour mixture; beat on low speed until smooth and combined, about 30 seconds. Fold in nuts and raisins; divide evenly among prepared pans.
BLACKBERRY JAM CAKE WITH CARAMEL ICING RECIPE - BAKEPEDIA
Author Dede Wilson
BLACKBERRY JAM CAKE - P. ALLEN SMITH
Category DessertEstimated Reading Time 2 mins
BLACKBERRY JAM CAKE - MY COUNTRY TABLE
Servings 12-14Estimated Reading Time 4 minsCategory CakeTotal Time 55 mins
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, cloves, and allspice and set aside.
- Add the butter and sugar to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or use a hand mixer. Mix on high speed for about 1 minute until the sugar is incorporated into the butter and the mixture is smooth and creamy. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add the blackberry jam and mix until fully incorporated.
- Add 1/3 of the dry ingredients, mixing on medium speed until the flour is barely incorporated. Add 1/2 of the buttermilk and mix to incorporate. Add the remaining flour and buttermilk alternately, ending with the flour. Do not overmix.
CHOCOLATE CAKE WITH PENUCHE FROSTING, THE VERDICT ...
Estimated Reading Time 7 mins
BLACKBERRY JAM CAKE WITH CARAMEL FROSTING - CREATIVE CULINARY
Reviews 24Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
KENTUCKY BLACKBERRY JAM CAKE - SPICY SOUTHERN KITCHEN
5/5 (9)Category DessertCuisine SouthernTotal Time 1 hr
BLACKBERRY JAM CAKE | WOODFORD PUDDING | EAT THE LOVE
Servings 1Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
BLACKBERRY JAM CAKE - PREVENTION.COM
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
SOUTHERN JAM CAKE - THE SOUTHERN LADY COOKS
5/5 (21)Category DessertCuisine American, SouthernTotal Time 1 hr
3-LAYER KENTUCKY BLACKBERRY JAM CAKE RECIPE
4/5 (51)Total Time 45 minsCategory Dessert, CakeCalories 693 per serving
BLACKBERRY JAM CAKE: AN OLDIE BUT GOODIE - GOOD FOOD ST. LOUIS
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
BLACKBERRY JAM CAKE WITH BROWN SUGAR FROSTING | EASY DESSERT
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
BLACKBERRY JAM CAKE WITH SPICE CAKE MIX - COOKEATSHARE
BLACKBERRY RECIPES & MENU IDEAS - PAGE 7 | EPICURIOUS.COM
BLACKBERRY JAM CAKE WITH PENUCHE FROSTING ARCHIVES – BAKER ...
KENTUCKY JAM CAKE - RECIPES FROM HOME AND THE RANGE
NUT AND JAM CAKE - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
PENUCHE FROSTING CARAMEL CAKE - THE SOUTHERN LADY COOKS
FEED ME: BLACKBERRY JAM CAKE WITH CARAMEL ICING ...
BLACKBERRY JAM CAKE WITH PENUCHE FROSTING RECIPES
FLORA'S RECIPE HIDEOUT: CAKE RECIPES: ALL
LOUISIANA JAM CAKE RECIPES
EASY JAM CAKE RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
PURPLE HAZE | BLACKBERRY JAM CAKE, FOOD, CULINARY
PIN ON MY MOTHER'S CREATIONS
BLACKBERRY JAM CAKE WITH CARAMEL FROSTING | CREATIVE ...
COMMENTS ON: BLACKBERRY JAM CAKE, OTHERWISE KNOWN AS ...
BLACKBERRY JAM CAKE WITH CARAMEL ICING RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
BLACKBERRY JAM CAKE WITH CARAMEL ICING | EDIBLE KENTUCKY ...
RECIPES | FRIENDSEAT - PART 7
SOUTHERN JAM CAKE | CAKE RECIPES, DESSERTS, CAKE DESSERTS
BLACKBERRY JAM CAKE WITH PENUCHE FROSTING
FEED ME: BLACKBERRY JAM CAKE WITH CARAMEL ICING, LOVE TO ...
You'll also love