BANANA BREAD PUDDING
When I visited my grandmother in summer, I always looked forward to the comforting banana bread pudding she'd make. With its crusty golden top, custard-like inside and smooth vanilla sauce, this pudding is a real homespun dessert. Now I make it for my grandchildren. -Mary Detweiler, Middlefield, Ohio
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Place the bread cubes in a greased 2-qt. casserole; pour butter over top and toss to coat. In a medium bowl, lightly beat eggs; add milk, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Stir in bananas. , Pour over bread cubes and stir to coat. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for about 40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. , Meanwhile, for sauce, melt butter in a small saucepan. Combine sugar and cornstarch; add to butter. Stir in milk and corn syrup. Cook and stir over medium heat until the mixture comes to a full boil. Boil for 1 minute. Remove from the heat; stir in the vanilla. Serve warm sauce over warm pudding.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 439 calories, Fat 21g fat (12g saturated fat), Cholesterol 157mg cholesterol, Sodium 561mg sodium, Carbohydrate 56g carbohydrate (38g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 9g protein.
BANANA BREAD & BUTTER PUDDING
- Toast the bread, spread with butter and cut each slice into 6 equal pieces. Arrange, butter side up, with the banana in a microwavable dish (approx 23cm wide by 5cm deep).
- Beat together the eggs, sugar, cinnamon and milk in a jug. In a small bowl, add the cornflour with a little of the milk, mix until smooth, then stir into the jug. Pour over the bread and banana, then sprinkle with the extra sugar. Bake, uncovered, in the microwave on High for 8-10 mins. Stand for 5 mins before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 412 calories, Fat 15 grams fat, SaturatedFat 8 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 64 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 38 grams sugar, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 10 grams protein, Sodium 0.99 milligram of sodium
SALTED CARAMEL-BANANA BREAD PUDDING
- Make the caramel: Combine the sugar and 1/4 cup water in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring just until the sugar dissolves. Cook, gently swirling the pan but not stirring, until amber, about 10 minutes. Brush any sugar crystals off the side of the pan with a wet pastry brush. Remove from the heat and carefully whisk in the butter, heavy cream, bourbon, lemon juice and kosher salt (the mixture will bubble). Pour into a bowl and set aside.
- Make the bread pudding: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and butter a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Spread the bread cubes on a rimmed baking sheet and bake until dry and golden, about 20 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Whisk the eggs, sugar and kosher salt in a large bowl, then whisk in the milk, heavy cream and vanilla until smooth. Fold in the toasted bread and the banana slices. Transfer half of the mixture to the prepared baking dish and spread in an even layer. Drizzle with 1/2 cup of the caramel, then top with the remaining bread mixture. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 1 hour or overnight. Cover and refrigerate the remaining caramel until ready to serve.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Sprinkle the bread pudding with sea salt and bake until golden brown and set, about 1 hour, 15 minutes. Warm the remaining caramel and drizzle on top.
BANANA BREAD PUDDING
I am amazed at how many different types of bread pudding there are. This one is wonderful. Prep time includes soaking the bread. This recipe is from Woods Hole B&B Inn, Falmouth, Massachusetts.
Provided by Miss Annie
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Put cubed bread in a large bowl with milk, let stand for 1 hour.
- Pre-heat oven to 325ºF.
- Spray 9" X 13" baking dish.
- In another bowl, beat together eggs, sugar and vanilla.
- Stir this mixture into the bread mixture.
- Fold in the mashed bananas, spices and raisins.
- Pour evenly into baking dish.
- Place uncovered in center of oven and bake 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool to room temperature.
- Serve with a splash of rum and whipped cream, if desired.
BANANA BREAD-BREAD PUDDING
How is this one different? It's made with banana bread instead of plain bread. I had an extra loaf of it that needed to be eaten or frozen, and was thinking about my Recipe #76914, and thought--"Why not?" So here it is...start with a layer of your favorite banana bread, a layer of chopped bananas, more bread, and a lovely custard poured over the whole thing. It is heavenly! A nice change of pace, and very easy to throw together.
Provided by ciao4293
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat the oven to 350°F, and grease an 8-inch square baking dish.
- Slice the banana bread into 1 inch slices, place on a baking sheet, and toast in the oven, about 8-10 minutes, then cut into cubes.
- Place half the cubes in the baking dish, and cover with the chopped or sliced banana, then add the rest of the bread cubes over that.
- Whisk the half and half, milk, eggs, sugar and vanilla in a bowl, and pour over the banana bread cubes in the baking dish.
- Let it sit for about 5 minutes before putting it in the oven.
- Bake for one hour--a knife inserted in the center will look wet, but mostly clean.
- Let it set for 5-10 minutes, and scoop out and serve warm, with cream, or it's even delicious plain.
BANANA BREAD PUDDING
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Place bread cubes into greased 2-quart casserole; pour butter over and toss to coat.
- In medium bowl, lightly beat eggs. Add the milk, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Stir in the bananas. Pour over bread and stir to coat.
- Bake uncovered for 40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- While baking, melt butter in a small saucepan. Combine sugar and cornstarch; add to butter.
- Stir in milk and corn syrup. Cook, stirring, over medium heat until mixture comes to a full boil.
- Boil 1 minute then remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
- Serve warm over warm pudding.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 461.8, Fat 21.1, SaturatedFat 12.1, Cholesterol 144.3, Sodium 565.2, Carbohydrate 59.8, Fiber 1.5, Sugar 29.4, Protein 9.5
BAILEYS AND BANANA BREAD AND BUTTER PUDDING
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9 inch baking dish.
- Flatten each slice of bread down as much as possible. Butter each piece then cut the slices in half and put aside.
- In a bowl whisk together the sugar, vanilla, and eggs until pale and fluffy. Add the cream, milk, and Baileys. Whisk until smooth.
- Slice bananas and lightly toast your almonds in the preheated oven.
- Dip each piece of bread in the egg mixture, then begin to layer the bread, banana, and almonds in the baking dish. Top layer should end in the bread. Pour over the rest of your egg mixture, using your fingers to pat down the bread to make sure it soaks up all the flavor.
- Generously dust the top of the pudding with confectioners sugar and bake in the oven for 35 minutes or until custard has set around the outside but is still jiggly in the middle. Allow it to cool and firm up slightly.
- Serve on its own, with ice cream, or whipped heavy cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 657.3, Fat 40.3, SaturatedFat 23.1, Cholesterol 217.5, Sodium 284.6, Carbohydrate 63.4, Fiber 2.9, Sugar 38.5, Protein 10.4
PEANUT BUTTER-BANANA BREAD PUDDING
- HEAT oven to 350°F COMBINE bread, bananas and chips in greased 9-inch square baking dish; toss to mix.
- BEAT eggs, milk, sugar and vanilla in medium bowl until blended. POUR over bread mixture.
- BAKE in center of 350°F oven until knife inserted near center comes out clean, 40 to 45 minutes.
- SERVE warm or refrigerate until cold.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 376, Fat 15.3, SaturatedFat 6.7, Cholesterol 152.4, Sodium 276.1, Carbohydrate 46.2, Fiber 2.8, Sugar 28.1, Protein 13.8
CHOCOLATE BANANA BREAD PUDDING
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix eggs, milk, sugar, and vanilla until smooth. Stir in bread, bananas, and chocolate chips, and let rest 5 minutes for bread to soak. Pour into prepared pan.
- Line a roasting pan with a damp kitchen towel. Place loaf pan on towel inside roasting pan, and place roasting pan on oven rack. Fill roasting pan with water to reach halfway up the sides of the loaf pan. Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 446.3 calories, Carbohydrate 77.9 g, Cholesterol 97.9 mg, Fat 11 g, Fiber 3.3 g, Protein 12.5 g, SaturatedFat 5.6 g, Sodium 404 mg, Sugar 44.6 g
BANANA BREAD PUDDING WITH RUM SAUCE
- FOR BANANA BREAD PUDDING:
- Combine raisins and 2 tablespoons rum in a small bowl. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add bananas and 2 tablespoons sugar and cook until bananas are tender, about 2 minutes per side. Remove from heat. Combine whipping cream, eggs, vanilla extract and remaining 1/4 cup rum and 3 tablespoons sugar in a medium bowl and whisk to blend.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter 9X5X3-inch loaf pan. Arrange 1/3 of bread strips crosswise in bottom of prepared pan. Arrange 6 banana pieces atop bread. Sprinkle with half of raisins and half of pecans. Arrange 1/3 of bread strips crosswise atop bananas. Pour half of egg mixture over. Arrange remaining banana pieces atop bread. Sprinkle with remaining raisins and pecans. Arrange remaining bread strips crosswise atop bananas. Pour remaining egg mixture over. Press gently on top layer to compact. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Bake bread pudding until puffed and golden and knife inserted into center comes out clean, about 45 minutes. Transfer to rack and cool slightly.
- Cut bread pudding into slices. Arrange on plates; drizzle with warm Rum Sauce and serve.
- MAKE RUM SAUCE (Makes about 1 cup):
- Melt butter in heavy medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add cream, sugar and salt. Bring to boil, stirring until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat. Stir in rum. (Can be prepared 2 days ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Rewarm over low heat, stirring constantly.)
More about "banana bread butter pudding food"
BANANA BREAD PUDDING - MAMA LOVES FOOD
Ratings 3Servings 6Cuisine EnglishCategory Breakfast, Dessert
- In a separate dish or bowl, lightly beat eggs. Add milk, sugar, melted butter, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt. Whisk to incorporate.
- Pour custard mixture over bread and stir to wet all the bread. Bake, uncovered, at 375F for about 40 minutes until custard is cooked through and top is turning golden brown.
BANANA-BREAD-AND-BUTTER PUDDING RECIPE - HEATHER HO | …
4/5 Category Bread PuddingServings 8
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Lightly butter eight 4 1/2-by-2-inch ramekins. In a large bowl, toss the brioche with the melted butter. Spread the brioche on a large baking sheet and bake for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden and crisp.
- Meanwhile, in a small heavy saucepan, combine 3/4 cup of the sugar with the corn syrup and water; cook over moderate heat, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Boil the syrup without stirring until a deep amber caramel forms, about 7 minutes. Remove the caramel from the heat and carefully stir in 1/3 cup of the cream, the remaining 3 tablespoons of butter and the salt. Immediately pour 2 tablespoons of the caramel into each of the prepared ramekins and set them in a large roasting pan. Arrange the sliced bananas decoratively in the caramel.
- In a large bowl, mash the remaining 2 bananas until smooth. Whisk in the milk, egg yolks, the remaining 1/2 cup of sugar, the vanilla and the remaining 1 cup of heavy cream until smooth. Fold in the toasted brioche and let stand, stirring occasionally, until the liquid is completely absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- Spoon the bread mixture into the ramekins and smooth the surfaces. Pour enough hot water into the roasting pan to reach halfway up the sides of the ramekins. Bake the puddings in the water bath for 35 minutes, or until firm and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove the ramekins from the water bath and let cool slightly.
SPICED BANANA PUDDING RECIPE - BBC FOOD
BANANA, FRUIT BREAD AND BUTTER PUDDING - HEALTHY FOOD …
BANANA BREAD-AND-BUTTER PUDDING | HOME - NEWS24
BANANA BREAD PUDDING
BANANA WALNUT BREAD & BUTTER PUDDING - FOOD NETWORK UK
CARAMELIZED BANANA BREAD AND BUTTER PUDDING
BANANA BREAD & BUTTER PUDDING | PUDDING RECIPES | SBS FOOD
BANANA BREAD PUDDING (SLOW COOKER) - KITCHEN FUN WITH MY 3 ...
BANANA BREAD & BUTTER PUDDING RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
BANANA BREAD PUDDING - FOOD RECIPES
BREAD & BUTTER PUDDING RECIPES - BBC GOOD FOOD
EASY BANANA BREAD PUDDING RECIPE - LOVE FROM THE OVEN
BANANA BREAD PUDDING WITH BROWN BUTTER RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
EASY HAITIAN BREAD PUDDING WITH CARAMEL RUM BUTTER SAUCE ...
BANANA PUDDING BANANA BREAD - HOW TO MAKE BANANA ... - DELISH
BANANA BREAD AND BUTTER PUDDING - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING ...
38 BANANA BREAD AND BUTTER PUDDING IDEAS | BBC GOOD FOOD ...
BANANA CARAMEL PUDDING - THERESCIPES.INFO
BANANA PUDDING BREAD - MELISSASSOUTHERNSTYLEKITCHEN.COM
BREAD AND BUTTER BANANA PUDDING - COOKEATSHARE
BASIC BREAD PUDDING - THERESCIPES.INFO
BANANA BREAD PUDDING RECIPE - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
BANANA BREAD & BUTTER PUDDING - WEIGHTLOSS.COM.AU
BANANA BREAD & BUTTER PUDDING - BBC GOOD FOOD MIDDLE EAST
BANANA BREAD PUDDING - DAILY APPETITE
BARBADIAN BANANA BREAD & BUTTER PUDDING WITH RUM CUSTARD ...
BANANA BREAD BREAD PUDDING - THE ... - THE MIDNIGHT BAKER
DOWN TO EARTH: BANANA BREAD AND BUTTER PUDDING | BREAD AND ...
BANANA BREAD & BUTTER PUDDING - HEALTHY LIVING JAMES ...
10+ BEST BANANA BREAD PUDDING RECIPES - PANTREZE
BANANA BREAD PUDDING (EASY AND DECADENT DESSERT) | KITCHN
EASY BANANA BREAD PUDDING RECIPE - AVERIE COOKS
BREAD AND BUTTER PUDDING RECIPES - BBC FOOD
BANANA BREAD AND BUTTER PUDDING | FOODTALK
BANANA PANETTONE PUDDING | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
BANANA & COCONUT BREAD AND BUTTER PUDDING - WAITROSE
You'll also love