This is my version of Turkish kebabs which I made 'off the cuff' after searching unsuccessfully for a recipe online. The original sandwiches are made from meat that is pressed into a loaf and grilled on a rotating spit. The meat is shaved off as it gets crispy and then put into a pita sandwich. My recipe calls for thin slices of meat to be marinated and then broiled to get the same effect without a huge rotating grill. Serve in a warmed pita with goat cheese, tzatziki sauce, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, and pepperoncinis.
Provided by RACHEY638
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Place the chopped onions in a large ceramic bowl and crush with the bottom of a glass until juice is rendered and onions look translucent. Stir in 2 crushed garlic cloves, 1/2 cup olive oil, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, oregano, 1 teaspoon black pepper, turmeric, curry powder, and 1 teaspoon salt. Mix well; add the sliced beef and toss to coat. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
- Combine the sour cream, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, dill, and 1 crushed clove of garlic. Mix well; cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat the oven's broiler and set the oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source.
- Remove the meat from the marinade mixture, brushing off extra onions. Spread the slices on a baking sheet without overlapping, and salt to taste. Broil about 3 minutes per side or until browned and crispy, turning halfway through cooking.
- Divide the cooked meat between the pita breads, and drizzle with tzatziki sauce to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 511.8 calories, Carbohydrate 36 g, Cholesterol 33.5 mg, Fat 34.3 g, Fiber 2.4 g, Protein 15.7 g, SaturatedFat 9.4 g, Sodium 890.5 mg, Sugar 3.1 g
TURKISH CHICKEN KEBABS
I'd like to think that all the chicken coming off American grills this summer will be as tasty, juicy, and tender as these Turkish chicken kebabs. By using a flavorful, yogurt-based marinade, like the one seen herein, even inexperienced grillers can produce impressive results. I'm not sure how 'Turkish' this is--it's loosely based on a lamb marinade I've used for a long time.
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Whisk yogurt, lemon juice, olive oil, ketchup, garlic, red pepper flakes, salt, cumin, black pepper, paprika, and cinnamon together in a bowl.
- Place chicken thigh halves into the yogurt marinade and coat them thoroughly on all sides. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate 2 to 8 hours.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Using 2 skewers for each kebab, thread half of the chicken thighs onto each pair of skewers making a fairly thick "log" shape.
- Place kebabs on grill. Do not try to turn them until they begin to unstick from the grill, 3 or 4 minutes. Turn kebabs and grill the other side 3 or 4 minutes; turn. Continue cooking and turning until chicken is no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 6 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 538.9 calories, Carbohydrate 8.4 g, Cholesterol 186.3 mg, Fat 32.5 g, Fiber 1.2 g, Protein 51.8 g, SaturatedFat 9.1 g, Sodium 1721.6 mg, Sugar 4.2 g
TURKISH KEBABS WITH TOMATO CHILLI SAUCE
These spicy chicken kebabs can be marinated the day before for extra flavour. Wrap in a warm flatbread and top with pickled chilli and cooling yogurt
Provided by Jennifer Joyce
Categories Dinner, Main course, Supper
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Crush 1 garlic clove and mix with 3 tbsp yogurt, the lemon juice, 1 tsp tomato purée, half the spices, and some seasoning in a medium bowl. Add the chicken, toss, cover and chill in the fridge for at least 1 hr or overnight.
- Make the chilli sauce. Put 100g of the tomatoes, the whole red chilli, the remaining spices, garlic clove and tomato purée, plus 1 tbsp olive oil, half the red onion and the pomegranate molasses in a food processor. Add some seasoning and pulse until puréed, then set aside.
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6, and heat a griddle pan. Thread the chicken onto metal skewers or wooden ones that have been soaked, then wipe off the excess marinade. Skewer the remaining tomatoes on a separate skewer. Lightly oil the griddle with the remaining olive oil and brown the chicken on both sides, then transfer to a baking tray and bake in the oven for 10 mins, or until cooked through. Meanwhile, griddle the tomatoes for 1-2 mins, turning halfway through so they have griddle marks on both sides.
- Serve the chicken and tomatoes on flatbreads with the remaining red onion, pickled chillis, the remaining Greek yogurt, parsley and coriander with the chilli sauce spooned over.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 276 calories, Fat 12 grams fat, SaturatedFat 5 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 7 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 6 grams sugar, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 34 grams protein, Sodium 0.4 milligram of sodium
This recipe is for classic Turkish lamb kebabs, with a marinade that includes tomato paste and a mix of spices for an intense flavor.
Provided by Anissa Helou
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- To make the marinade:
- Mix together the garlic, olive oil, tomato paste, spices, thyme, and salt and pepper to taste.
- To prepare the kebabs:
- Add the meat to the marinade and toss. Let marinate for at least 2 hours.
- Prepare a charcoal fire in an outdoor grill, switch on the gas if you have an outdoor gas grill, or preheat the broiler to high.
- Thread the meat onto 7 long skewers and the tomatoes onto an eighth one. Grill over high heat or broil 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until the meat and tomatoes are done to your liking. Slip the meat and tomatoes off the skewers onto flatbread and serve immediately.
It's such a delicious change from the usual BBQ fare. These are easy to make and the flavor is absolutely incredible! VIDEO https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRc8ThBo404
Provided by CLUBFOODY
Categories Southwest Asia (middle East)
Yield 4 kebabs
Number Of Ingredients 18
- In a small bowl, combine aleppo pepper, sumac, cumin, salt and pepper; whisk to blend and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add lamb and onion; mix well. Add spice blend and mint; blended all the ingredients before forming 4 equal sized balls. Roll each ball into a cylinder shape of about 8-inches long. Gently slide a skewer through the middle; tighten meat around the skewer. Place on a baking sheet while doing the others. Transfer to the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Meanwhile make the sauce by combining all the ingredients. Whisk well, cover and chill until ready to serve.
- About 15 minutes before taking the kebabs out of the fridge, soak onion slices in very cold water for 12 to 15 minutes to remove the bite from the raw onions. Next thread tomatoes on a skewer and take naan bread out ready for the barbecue.
- Brush grates with oil and fire up the grill. When it reaches 450-500ºF, place kebabs, rotating every couple minutes, until evenly browned and slightly charred; cook for about 7-8 minutes. Remove from the BBQ and let them rest while grilling the other food.
- Place flatbread and tomatoes on the barbecue, grill for 1 ½ to 2 minutes before flipping the bread and rotating the tomato skewer; cook for another 1 ½ to 2 minutes. Remove the naan bread but leave the tomatoes for a couple more minutes. Serve with sliced red onion, parsley and yogurt sauce. Makes 4 kebabs.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 361, Fat 28, SaturatedFat 12.3, Cholesterol 86.9, Sodium 522.4, Carbohydrate 6, Fiber 1.3, Sugar 3.3, Protein 20.8
More about "turkish kebabs food"
MOST POPULAR TURKISH KEBABS RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
KEBAB - WIKIPEDIA
DONER KEBAB - WIKIPEDIA
TURKISH LAMB KOFTA KEBABS - RECIPETIN EATS
10 MOST POPULAR TURKISH STREET FOODS - TASTEATLAS
25 EASY TURKISH RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD RECIPES
TURKISH KITCHEN BARKING
TURKISH FOOD CULTURE: 9 LOCAL DISHES YOU MUST TRY IN TURKEY
THE FIVE KEBABS YOU SHOULD REALLY TRY IN TURKEY
WHY TURKISH KEBABS ARE THE MOST SOUGHT AFTER DISH FOR …
25 TEMPTING TURKISH RECIPES THAT ARE EASY TO MAKE - THE KITCHEN …
TOP 27 TURKISH FOOD AND DRINKS YOU DON’T WANT TO MISS
AUTHENTIC TURKISH CHICKEN KEBAB (TAVUK ŞIş) RECIPE - THE SPRUCE …
10 MOST DELICIOUS TYPES OF THE WORLD FAMOUS TURKISH …
15 BEST TURKISH APPETIZERS (+ EASY RECIPES) - INSANELY GOOD RECIPES
31 BEST TURKISH FOODS IN ISTANBUL YOU MUSTN’T MISS!
TAS KEBAB – TURKISH FOODIE
BEST TURKISH FOODS: 23 DELICIOUS DISHES - CNN
TURKISH KOFTA RECIPE YOU CAN MAKE AT HOME - TURKISH FOOD TRAVEL
BEST TURKISH KEBABS (HOMEMADE RECIPES) - GIVE RECIPE
TURKISH MINCED-MEAT KEBABS - CHRISTOPHER KIMBALL’S MILK STREET
HOW TO GRILL KEBABS, SPICY TURKISH STYLE - THE MANUAL
URFA KEBABS: THE SECRET TO THE BEST TURKISH KEBAB - CHEF DENISE
A GUIDE TO TURKISH KEBABS - GOODFOOD.COM.AU
TURKISH KOFTE KEBAB RECIPE: THESE STELLAR JUICY KEBABS CAN BE
10 BEST RATED TURKISH MEAT DISHES - TASTEATLAS
GRILLED TURKISH SHRIMP KEBABS WITH URFA BIBER GARLIC BUTTER
ADANA KEBAB – TURKISH FOODIE
BEST SIDE DISHES FOR KABOBS IN TURKEY - GIVE RECIPE
10 WAYS TO TRY TURKISH KEBABS (AND WHERE TO FIND THE …
TURKISH FOOD IN BURNLEY - TURKISH BEST KEBAB
TURKISH MEAT KEBAB / FESTIVE OVEN DISH - TURKISH FOOD TRAVEL
TURKISH CUISINE: A COMPLETE GUIDE TO TURKISH FOOD & DRINKS
MAINS & KEBABS – TURKISH RECIPES
VEGETARIAN OPTIONS - TURKISH KEBABS, MELBOURNE TRAVELLER REVIEWS ...
46 TRADITIONAL TURKISH FOODS YOU MUST TRY: YOUR 2022 GUIDE
TURKISH KABAB RECIPE BY FOOD FUSION - YOUTUBE
TURKEY KIBBE KEBABS WITH TWO SAUCES RECIPE - BURHAN CAGDA
TOP 12 MOST POPULAR TURKISH FOODS (WITH PHOTOS!) - CHEF'S PENCIL
TURKISH CHICKEN KEBABS - EASY GRILLED CHICKEN KEBAB RECIPE
20 BEST & MOST FAMOUS TURKISH KEBABS (W/ AUTHENTIC …
TURKISH FOOD - 25 TRADITIONAL DISHES FROM TURKEY
TURKISH GRILLED CHICKEN SHISH KEBABS - THE AVOCADO NUT
You'll also love