HERB BUTTER SERVED ON STEAKS
The copyright of this recipe is owned by Jamie Oliver. All rights of the owner are reserved and asserted including the right to be attributed as the author. Unauthorised copying, adapting, display or re-publication of this recipe (or any part of this recipe) in any material form is strictly prohibited. Herb butters are so quick to make and are great to have in the freezer - fantastic to have with vegetables, chicken, lamb chops or just on some toasted ciabatta. They can be made with any herbs - thyme, lemon zest and garlic, or sun-dried tomato, basil and garlic. This dish has summer savory in it, which is a very English herb, is quite strong, and apparently stops flatulence! And is a great substitute for salt and pepper.
Provided by Jamie Oliver
Yield 2 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C degrees/400 degrees F/ Gas Mark 6.
- Remove some of the rosemary leaves from the stalks by running your thumb and forefinger down the length of the stalk. Sharpen the ends of the rosemary skewer to make them into little arrows, then pierce them through the beef to flavor it. Chop up the rosemary leaves and press onto the beef on both sides. Cover and allow to stand for 1/2 hour until room temperature. (Beef tastes better if cooked at room temperature.)
- Make the butter by bashing the garlic, summer savory and a pinch of salt in a pestle and mortar, then combine with the softened butter, mixing to flavor all of it. Put into buttered paper, roll into a sausage shape, and chill.
- Cook the potatoes in boiling, salted water for about 10 to 15 minutes. Drain, then toss in the colander to chuff up.
- Drizzle some oil over the beef and pat onto both sides. Heat a frying pan suitable for the oven, and cook the beef for 1 minute on each side. Remove from the pan, add the potatoes with some rosemary and bashed garlic, salt and pepper, then put the beef back into the pan. Put the pan into the oven and roast the beef and potatoes for about 30 minutes.
- To serve, slice the meat and place 2 slices of the butter on top. (Freeze the remaining butter.)
- Butter: .
STEAK ON A HOT ROCK WITH WILD HERB BUTTER
- Make the Wild Herb Butter:
- Mix garlic, butter, and herbs in a small bowl. Transfer to a resealable container (small jars work well). Seal and store until ready to use.
- Cook the steak:
- Find 2 of the flattest rocks you can; they should be large enough to fit steaks and at least as thick (about 2" thick is perfect). Place rocks in the center of a fire pit and build a campfire on and around them. Let fire burn until hot coals have covered the rocks (you can help this along by pushing coals on and around them), about 30 minutes.
- Using tongs or heatproof gloves, move rocks away from flames and place them on top of a bed of hot coals. Sprinkle a few drops of water on the rocks-the rocks are ready when the water sizzles and skips across their surface.
- Brush steaks with oil and season generously with salt and pepper (really make it rain). Brush any coals or ash from surface of rocks and place 1 steak on top of each. Cook steak until it easily releases from rocks, 6-12 minutes per side for medium-rare, depending on how hot the rocks are. Check for doneness by touch, using an instant-read thermometer (125°F for medium rare), or by cutting into steak to see the internal color.
- Transfer steak to a plate or cutting board and place a nob of Wild Herb Butter on top. Let rest for 5 minutes. Cut steak into thick slices and divide among plates, dotting slices with more butter.
- Do Ahead
- Butter can be made and chilled for up to 5 days, or stored at room temperature for up to 2 days.
- Combine the butter, garlic, scallions, dill, parsley, lemon juice, salt and pepper in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Beat until mixed, but do not whip.
CAST IRON STEAKS WITH HERB BUTTER
- Adjust oven rack to middle position, place 12-inch cast-iron skillet on rack, and heat oven to 500 degrees. Meanwhile, season steaks with salt and let sit at room temperature. Combine butter, shallot, parsley, chives, garlic, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in bowl; set aside.
- When oven reaches 500 degrees, pat steaks dry with paper towels and season with pepper. Using potholders, remove skillet from oven and place over medium-high heat; turn off oven. Being careful of hot skillet handle, add oil and heat until just smoking. Cook steaks, without moving them, until lightly browned on first side, about 2 minutes. Flip steaks and cook until lightly browned on second side, about 2 minutes.
- Flip steaks, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook, flipping every 2 minutes, until steaks are well browned and meat registers 120 to 125 degrees (for medium-rare), 7 to 9 minutes. Transfer steaks to carving board, dollop 2 tablespoons herb butter on each steak, tent with aluminum foil, and let rest for 5 to 10 minutes. Slice steaks 1/2 inch thick and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 571.6, Fat 31.6, SaturatedFat 13.2, Cholesterol 210, Sodium 141.4, Carbohydrate 1.2, Fiber 0.1, Protein 67.2
HERB BUTTER FOR STEAK
If you've ever purchased herbs for a recipe and you have some left over, put them to good use by making an herb butter. This recipe uses parsley, sage, rosemary, and thyme, because I have them growing in my garden. If your family prefers a different combination, go ahead and substitute what they like. The ratio is 1/2 cup of butter to 1/4 cup minced herbs, so use any herbs you like. Simply place a portion on top of a cooked steak, just like a fancy steakhouse would do.
Provided by Bibi
Categories Compound Butters
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Place 7 tablespoons softened, unsalted butter in a small mixing bowl.
- Melt remaining 1 tablespoon unsalted butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add minced garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir cooked garlic into reserved softened butter.
- Press minced fresh herbs into the garlic-butter mixture using a rubber spatula, stirring and pressing until evenly distributed. Season with sea salt to taste. Cover and refrigerate until slightly firmed up, about 20 minutes.
- Turn mixture out onto a 9x12-inch strip of aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Form mixture into a log, about 6 inches long and 1 inch thick. Roll herb butter up in the foil or parchment, twisting the ends and closing with a twist tie or rubber band.
- Return to the refrigerator until firmed up, about 40 minutes.
- Slice into 8 equal portions and serve on top of steak or other dishes. Wrap and refrigerate any leftovers up to 4 days.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 103.8 calories, Carbohydrate 0.4 g, Cholesterol 30.5 mg, Fat 11.5 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 0.2 g, SaturatedFat 7.3 g, Sodium 57.3 mg
GRILLED STRIP STEAK WITH HERB BUTTER
- Combine butter, parsley, and garlic in a small bowl and chill until just firm.
- Preheat grill pan over high heat. Generously salt and pepper steaks on both sides. Place on grill; do not move and cook for 3 minutes. Turn and cook 3 minutes more for medium rare, about 135 degrees.
- Remove the steaks from the grill. Divide the compound butter and place on top. Serve hot.
More about "steak on a hot rock with wild herb butter food"
FRESH HERB BUTTER RECIPE WITH VARIATIONS - THE SPRUCE …
COMPOUND BUTTER WITH WILD HERBS - SIMPLYBEYONDHERBS
GRILLED STEAK WITH SHALLOT HERB BUTTER – MEAT & POULTRY …
GARLIC AND HERB BUTTER STEAK | CARNALDISH
HOT ROCK STEAK AT HOME : 8 STEPS - INSTRUCTABLES
VENISON RACK WITH WILD HERB BUTTER - OVER THE FIRE COOKING
PERFECT GRILLED STEAK - JUICY AND SIZZLING! - IOWA GIRL EATS
STEAK WITH HERB BUTTER - VIRGINIA BISON COMPANY
GARLIC HERB COMPOUND BUTTER FOR STEAK - SIP BITE GO
STEAK BASTED WITH HERB BUTTER IS THE ONLY WAY TO GO
TENDERLOIN STEAK – HOW TO COOK IT PERFECT EVERY TIME
HERB HONEY BUTTER STEAK BY LINDSEYEATSLA | QUICK & EASY RECIPE
STEAK ON A HOT ROCK WITH WILD HERB BUTTER | GLORIOUS FOOD …
THE BEST WILD GARLIC BUTTER WHERE IS MY SPOON
HOT STONE RIBEYE STEAK WITH COMPOUND BUTTER | ALMAZAN KITCHEN
SEARED FLANK STEAK WITH HERB BUTTER (BLACKSTONE GRIDDLE OR PAN …
HERBED BUTTER STEAK (KETO LOW CARB) - SEEKING GOOD EATS
STEAK ON A HOT ROCK WITH WILD HERB BUTTER - PINTEREST
SIRLOIN STEAK WITH HERB BUTTER - FETTY'S FOOD BLOG
STEAKS WITH HERB BUTTER | WILLIAMS SONOMA
GRILLED STEAK WITH HERB BUTTER AND HOMEMADE SEASONING
5 HERBS THAT GO WELL WITH STEAK [HOW TO USE THEM] - YOUR INDOOR …
HOMEMADE STEAK BUTTER: HOW TO MAKE AN EASY STEAKHOUSE HERB …
SIRLOIN STEAK WITH HERB BUTTER RECIPE - HOME CHEF
SEASONED ELK STEAKS WITH HERB BUTTER | WILD GAME CUISINE
NEW YORK STRIP STEAKS WITH HERB BUTTER RECIPE - TODAY.COM
STEAK WITH GARLIC-HERB BUTTER RECIPE - HOME CHEF
EASY HERB BUTTER FOR STEAKS / THE GRATEFUL GIRL COOKS!
3-INGREDIENT HERB BUTTER STEAK BITES RECIPE | KITCHN
HERB BUTTER FOR STEAK : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
GARLIC BUTTER FOR STEAK | BEST BEEF RECIPES
HERB STEAK BUTTER - A PINCH OF SALT LAKE
STEAK ON A HOT ROCK WITH WILD HERB BUTTER - MEALPLANNERPRO.COM
BLACK ROCK STEAK SAUCE RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
HOT ROCK COOKING RECIPES RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
STEAK WITH HERB BUTTER PICTURES, IMAGES AND STOCK PHOTOS
PAN-SEARED STEAK RECIPE | HELLOFRESH
24 HOTSTONE RECIPES IDEAS | RECIPES, COOKING, COOKING RECIPES
STEAK BUTTER WITH FRESH HERBS | JULIE BLANNER
You'll also love